Crossing Blades

Crossing Blades

a part of “Crossing Blades”, a fictional universe by Another Lie.

[1 Open Spot] An ancient Kingdom with a legacy that will shake the very fabric of reality... as the warriors of this world cross blades in the quest for their ideals, where will you stand? What will you fight for?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Crossing Blades”.
Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Re: Crossing Blades

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CJL1290 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:13 pm

Man, this SoulStone RP is filling up quickly; hopefully I can get a spot.

Is reserving Human 1 possible? I read an OOC post saying something about Human 1, but the face claim is in Chosen 1. If I can...
Face Claim is Kyoya Hibari from Reborn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CJL1290
Member for 6 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syao4500 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:13 am

Oh no.... I just realized someone already took the last spot for chosen... I was already almost finished with my character sheet too. T_T

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Syao4500
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Another Lie on Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:14 am

Wow! A nights sleep and almost everything gets filled up... incredible!

Everyone who sought reservation is reserved and to make room for any newcomers I have expanded the slots slightly, there is now an extra male and female chosen role (one of which is already reserved though so that hardly matters)... and an extra male/female slot has been added to both the Pre-awakened and Human sections.

I will review WIP characters submitted now and further edit the main page as necessary (before working on my own character ;_;) but good work everyone!

Edit: Eh, scratch part of that middle bit... the last pre-awakened role has also been reserved. ><

Edit 2: All WIP characters have been accepted as WIP, remember your time limits and also...

Minimum Length on certain sections, setting and era appropriateness and spelling/grammar checks. (I'm not saying any of you are guilty of any wrongdoings, these are just general reminders.)

So far the cast looks great and I'm very impressed. I look forward to seeing the completed characters. ^^
"You cannot hold what isn't there. It's pointless to look into nothing and expect answers. It's hard to protect that which we have never had... and impossible to cherish that which never existed to begin with. It's just another way that life can be cruel... and that cruelty will only lead to more of these created... Aye, they're sad things, these dreams of mortal man."

Another Lie
Member for 5 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JEDH3 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:21 am

O.K. I *think* I am finished with my character submission. I will most likely keep looking over it and editing it until the RP starts though.
The violent road. The path of Harmony from the sword. It is a last resort this is true.
It is the Path we take when there is Inequity that will not yield.
When all other paths lead to ruin and an unjust end.
When Good is beset by Evil from all sides.
When your cause, your power, your fury... When it protects the weak, the pathetic, the helpless.
When it is Righteous: The Way of the Sword... Is Beautiful.

JEDH3
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Another Lie on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:41 am

That should do nicely, Jed, your character is now fully accepted. ^^ One thing however, the "Dialogue and thought" section is meant to be where you put your characters HTML color code for when they speak in a post.

I apologize, I probably should have made that more clear, but aside from that everything looks fine. Congratulations on being accepted. ^^

Another Lie
Member for 5 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JEDH3 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:51 am

Ah, I was wondering why there were so many quote sections. haha,

JEDH3
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Another Lie on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:49 pm

@ Jed

Well if it makes any difference the piece you had written was actually quite good and enjoyable to read. :p So it wasn't so much of a waste in my opinion.

@ᏝᏋᎥᏗ

Your character has been accepted as a WIP. I look forward to seeing the finished result. ^^

IMPORTANT

Everyone, I've posted an important NPC AND a character relation thread for you all to use. The important NPC thread is more of an added asset rather than anything majorly important if you do not wish to use it... however I encourage you to check the character relation thread just as much as this one as it will become very important in regards to the first few posts of the RP.

I apologize, by the way, if the way I'm doing this RP is a little bit odd... and I hope I'm not adding too much structure that it's restrictive... or that I'm forcing too much information down your throats. You could call all of this a bit of an experiment of mine... I want to try doing things a little differently so that this RP lasts a bit longer than the norm nowadays.

It has been too long since I've been in an RP that lasted to the very end and I hope to eventually change that.

As always, if there are any questions you wish to ask me... be it in regards to the RPs structure, rules, layout or plot, then I implore you to PLEASE ask me here or through PM *some of you have been asking me through PM and I appreciate it, you know who you are. There are no stupid questions... and anything asked will be answered honestly and in the clearest way someone with my... odd mannerisms can phrase it. ^^''

Another Lie
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syao4500 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:00 pm

Da da da da Done~

Finally finished with Manji's Character sheet. Manji seems so much older than all the other characters....

If there are any concerns please tell me. I know it's not the smoothest thing in the world but I put a lot of effort into it~

Syao4500
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syao4500 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:11 pm

I'd like to reserve the last female chosen human role for my friend Check Mate if thats possible

Syao4500
Member for 6 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Check Mate on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:18 pm

Heyo, Im here to claim the spot Syao is saving for me. I love the idea of the soul stone btw.

Also my friend Zenmon wants to reserve a male human. He read the intro but hes currently in a situation where he is incapable of posting So i decided to do it for him. Thank you!
ImageImage

Check Mate
Member for 7 years
Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rhianoue on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Hey all~ Just wanted to mention that I've reserved Pre-Awakened #4, who will be up shortly after I add some more information to her sheet real quick.

Meanwhile, if anyone wants to see the major work in progress, feel free to take a look here and offer me any thoughts for any relationships between our characters if you have them please ^u^

I look forward to rping with you all!

Edit: I submitted Shizuku! She's still a wip on her personality, bio area, and all her opinions/thoughts on the other characters, but hopefully it's enough for now. I'll finish the sheet tomorrow.
Last edited by Rhianoue on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImagexImagexImagexImagex
ImagexImagexImagexImage
GO | ON
TELL | ME | HE
ISNT | BEAUTIFUL

Rhianoue
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BurningDark on Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Alright, I've started working on the character outline... again. The first time it got deleted, so this is my second attempt...

Anyways, yeah.

-BurningDark

BurningDark
Member for 5 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:51 pm

YES YES YES I'm here Yes. Yes. Ahem. Yes. I'm here. I'd like to be a hooman man, if that's okey. kthxbai

SoulStone

Am I good now?

ZenMon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Firewind on Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi there, Firewind here. I've tried to join a major long lasting RP and this one looks like it has potential. I'd like to sneak into here and snatch the Last Human Please? :)

@ZenMon, is that The Black Soulstone??? Just asking. ;P (major Diablo Fan)

I'm thinking Casshern from Casshern Sins as a Face claim.

Firewind
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ZenMon on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:19 pm

@Firewind Yes. Yes it is. You win, my brother.

ZenMon
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Another Lie on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:40 am

The final three reservations have been taken into account and all WIP characters have been accepted as WIP.

@Syao

Apologies for not seeing this sooner, Manji looks great! Congratulations on being fully accepted!

@ Zenmon & Checkmate

I will recognize your reservations on the main RP page, but I would please ask that you provide me with a face claim and gif of said face claim for the main page as well... just so it can all look pretty now that all of the slots are filled. (Also zenmon, the Diablo reference has been noted and appreciated. You get extra points for that.)

IMPORTANT

Everyone! I plan on starting the RP on Friday or Saturday of this week depending on the character sheets completions. I would ask everyone to please finish their character sheets COMPLETELY for Friday! However, since the site is being bothersome AGAIN recently... if Friday is too soon then I will allow Saturday as well but I will NOT start the RP until at least 90% of the characters are out of the WIP stage.

The beginning of the RP will involve your character, whomever they may be, travelling with their group following the Soulstones initial orders to the chosen to head to the "City of Light" (Tier Lumina if it wasn't obvious). The first posts will tell of your characters arriving at the city and entering inside on a warm Saturday afternoon.

From that time on characters will be free to explore and cause their own events within the city until I say that night has arrived. Once the night has settled in the monster hoard will, as expected, attack with the Saturday blood moon and during the ensuing fight the next step of the journey will be revealed.

Also, I IMPLORE you all to start grouping up in the character relations thread if at all possible... especially the humans and pre-awakened as unless they are travelling with a chosen then they really have no way of knowing what to do. (Well the pre-awakened will eventually awaken into chosen, but obviously this will not be happening for some time to avoid the rushing of plot.)

That's all for this little update everyone, remember... group up, finish the character sheets and get ready for the beginning of the quest for the Soulstone!

Another Lie
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:41 am

Bah! Bloody site being all wonky. Dem hissy fits ain't making it easy for me to focus on writing my character. x)

Anyway, I'm sorry for my procrastinating and stuff. Character is about halfway done. Still need to do the important bits like personality and history, so if the site would stop acting like a bug bugging out on a dune buggy and let me do my job, that'd be great. Thanks. :I
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ボクセルちゃん on Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:01 pm

I cannot guarantee that my character will be done by tomorrow as I am having some computer issues and the site is being a butt. It will most likely be done by Saturday, though.

ボクセルちゃん
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Another Lie on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:07 am

IMPORTANT

Everyone I can say with the greatest amount of happiness that the RP will finally be starting tomorrow. Due to site difficulties and other conditions I am giving you all a bit of leeway with your characters. So long as you have a decent, well made and detailed WIP submitted then I will allow posting for your character... however I would like the SU's to be completed eventually.

The following players, due to horrible issues with the site or due to joining late will have a bit more leverage:

Byte, ZenMon and CheckMate

So long as you can all submit WIP with the vital details of your characters then you should be fine. So long as you can assure me that once the RP starts your characters will be worked on and brought up to scratch.

Finally, to all of you, my thanks. The amount of attention and the speed at which this RP has taken off stuns me... I honestly did not expect people to join up as fast as you all did and I definitely did not expect to have to expand the roster and for that expanded roster to fill up as well. Many of you have expressed to me your desires for this RP to go well as well... and that really does give me some confidence and pride in this RP.

Regardless, I suppose tomorrow is the moment of truth and I'm sure that if we all work hard that this RP will do well. Heck we might even be the first dang RP in ages to make it to the end... if we really go for it! But well, we'll see! Good luck to everyone and I look forward to RPing with all of you! ^^

Another Lie
Member for 5 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:16 am

In hindsight, I probably could've posted a WIP yesterday since all I need to finish now is history. Don't worry, though. I'll do my best to get the character up and ready before tonight for you to accept without question criticise. ^^;

Anyway, good to see this RP taking off so soon. I will need to make arrangements for my character to join a fitting group, but I haven't found the time to match her with any available chosen. Will do that after submitting her. :)

Byte
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!