Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

Crossing Paths

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Crossing Paths

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Joseph noticed as he helped Ali that he begun to blink rapidly when he happened to glance in his direction. He seemed to feel uncomfortable, though he didn't hear him hum so he guess it was a good sign, though next time, he had to tell himself to stop. Perhaps while he brushed his teeth or before he woke him up, he get the clothes out and undo the button, seeing that Ali was more capable to do himself.

Anyway, the day had just started, and a nice bright day at that. For now, it was breakfast time to get on with, "Toast...Orange Juice...Banana" was what he had asked for, and what he was going to get, which thinking about it sounded like he was spoiling in, though it weren't since he was only telling him what he would usually have.

He made his way downstairs to prepare his toast while Ali would sit and wait for him in the Dining room, before bringing him what he had asked for and placing infront of him, before going out to the kitchen again and bringing bk two rounds of toast for his breakfast.
This account is no longer in use
[i]Should you have rp'ed with me in the past and wish to do so again, either new or continue an existing one, contact me on my new account

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

S1mon
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:42 am

Walking slowly down the stairs he sat down in the dining room, he looked at the toast. It was a little more burnt that he would have liked but he didn't mind that much. He slowly ate the toast and downed the glass of orange juice.

Opening up the Banana slowly since it was difficult for him to get a grip on smaller things. Eating the Banana he glanced out of the window it was a sunny day today a few days ago it had been raining heavily. He would often sit by the windows at school staring at the raindrops dripping down the window.

Placing the Banana skin on the empty plate he tapped his hands together, glancing at his watch he still stared out of the window his mind going over what he needed in his bag today it was probably the same thing he had to take anyway. He had his pens and pencils, a behaviour book so his one on one teacher could write down if there had been any problems, his communication book too which had symbols of things that were at school that Ali got confused with or couldnt say.

Looking down at his feet he wiggled his toes, giving a small smirk he spoke while still looking at his feet. " Need...shoes"
~There's only now, there's only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss~ - RENT

~ If at first you don't succed, Destroy all evidence that you tried ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Time was getting on, and as a result, he didn't have his usual breakfast, nor could he afford a cooked breakfast though that was more on the weekend. He sat back as he chewed on his toast, glancing occassionally to Ali to see if he was alright with the odd combination he had. He personally wouldn't have banana for breakfast, more for a snack when he felt like it, though noticed he ate it separately rather than like marmalade what some people like. Everyone's tastes were different.

Once they had both eaten, Joseph then left Alu to sort his bag while he took in their plates, emptied the skin off the plate into the bin before quickly washing up, putting away, before moving towards Ali. He couldn't help but smile when he saw Ali wiggle his toes, before he heard him say, "Need...shoes", which also warranted a smile, before Joe then asked, "You tell me where they are, and I'll get them for you", listening to his instructions and then passing to them.

He slipped on his shoes, before making sure he put his car keys back in his coat pocket, aswell as the house keys, before asking, "Right, we going by car or walking?", glancing at his watch, guessing that it would be my car to make sure they get there in time.

S1mon
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:22 pm

"you tell me where they are, and I'll get them for you"

Looking up he sort of drew a blank, until his looked down at his feet he couldn't go to school without shoes on his feet would become cold and uncomfortable. Looking up at the celing he spoke " cupboard...under stairs"

Standing up he walked slowly into the hallway, picking his coat off the coat hooks on the wall, he slipped it on even though it was sunny outside it didn't mean that it was hot or going to stay like that all the time. His attention was drew to the other coats that were hanging there to. One a light blue one the other a light brown one, tilting his head again he picked up his bag, opening it briefly he checked his bag again.

" Right, we going by car or walking?"

He thought quickly calculating the time it took to go in a car compared to the time it took to walk " car...too long...to walk...can't be late" he replied looking at his watch 24 minutes past.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:38 pm

After asking where they were, he turned to Ali until he told him "cupboard...under stairs", in which he nodded to and opened the cupboard, looking for his shoes, glancing to his feet before picking out ones he saw would fit and passing them to him after debating whether to choose the laced pair or the slip on pair, knowing that if laced, then he'd tie them up for him due to his co-ordination, though none could doubt his organisation.

With him ready, and now Ali ready after telling him that the car would be better, he then said, "Well then, we better get going then. You just tell me where to go, and we'd be there in a jiffy", as he opened the door for him to go through before locking up, before moving towards his car which was a beautiful silver.

He'd remain by Ali's side, and held his arm out if he wanted his hand as they were moving to the passenger side which was nearer to the road than the pavement. Once around, he'd open the door for him and shut when he was in, before moving back around, opening his door and hopping in himself, and putting his belt on, before turning to Ali, "All sorted?", making sure his seatbelt on and await for instructions.

S1mon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Ali slipped on his shoes and followed Joe to the car he got into the car slowly, pulling his seatbelt across his chest he placed his bag on his lap. Looking to Joe he nodded, " yeah, end of the road.....turn left...keep going straight untill the first....." he paused as he tried to think of the word. He drew a circle in the air with his finger " coloured lights.... Then right...go straight down and that's school"

He took his time explaining since he had to relay the information he had to picture the journey in his head, take in account the time of day, traffic, weather and any roadworks to slow them down.

He looked around the car feeling the texture of the car seats as well as all the buttons in the car, looking out of the window again he thought about what would happen at school today.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:50 pm

With both of them ready, Joe listened as Ali explained where he'd need to go, and understanding every word, he then acknowledged with a nod as he put his key in ignition and let the engine roar before hearing her warm up. She sure was a beauty and rode well aswell.

Once she was ready, Joseph deliquetly pressed his foot against the accelerate as she moved forwards, while his head looked back and forth to make sure no other cars were coming, before blowing off more steam with his foot pressing more onto the pedal as he pulled out his space and begun travelling down the road.

The route was pretty simple, aswell as short, yet he saw this as an opportunity to find out more, seeing as in the car he usually had music on, so he asked something music-related, "Do you listen to music at all Ali? and if so, what sort of music you like?". His eyes remaining on the road ahead as he spoke, before indicating left and waiting for some other cars to pass him before he could move.

S1mon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:41 am

He thought about the question he didn't know a lot about music, in fact he didn't really listen to it at all. The ammount of noise that came from music made his head feel funny and the ammount of words meaning different things confused him.

" music is....strange....too much noise...makes my head....buzz"

He checked his watch they were making good time " we...have music...at school...soft music" he added his eyes picking up on every detail of the surrounding any new signs, license plates on cars. Everything that seemed important.

" what...music do...you like Joe?" he asked giving a quick glance to Joe as he drove.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:18 pm

A few cars had passed, each of them just rushing by and not letting him through, before Joseph once again pressed his foot against the accelerate as he pulled out for the left turning, and travelling along, keeping a lookout for the traffic lights, and not to mention other vehicles. You certainly had to have your wits about you, not only for cars rushing by, but bikers, and pedestrians. Though Joseph had confidence in his driving abilities, it was others that he doubted which was why he made sure that he was prepared for anything. Some things people can prepare for, some simply cannot.

"music is....strange....too much noise...makes my head....buzz", Ali replied, which also answered his thought on whether to put any music on, before he told him he had soft music at school. His initial thought to that was probably Classic FM, and so he turned to the radio, seeing that he had reached the traffic lights which were on red, and switched to Classic FM before turning the volume down so it weren't too loud. "Like this?", he asked, as he returned his posture against his seat while waiting for green.

"What...music do...you like Joe?", Ali asked, as the lights went green, causing Joseph to put his foot on the accelerator again, aswell as changing the clutch or he'd be pushing his car a little too hard, before he could answer. He was pleased that the question had returned to him, as it meant that Ali was getting used to him, and now can start getting to know each other, instead of just him asking questions.

"I tend to listen to the radio mostly than music itself. In my work, I have to make sure I know what's going on and when, but when I do listen to some, it's usually the types that have a nice beat to it. Can't beat a beat, though sometimes it depends on...how things are", not wishing to mention feelings since that was a difficult topic to explain.

The school began to draw nearer now, "Right Ali. Do you usually walk by yourself to where you go, or usually have...company?", he asked. He would have a chance to speak to other parents later on if he came earlier to pick him up, though he was unsure how news of his parents would come out, or if Ali wanted people to know, but if he did usually have company and his teacher saw him rather than his parents, then his teacher would know something's up.

S1mon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:44 am

He listened to Joe as he explained what kind of music he liked as well as turning on the radio. Allowing classical music to play from the speakers, he placed his hand on the speaker feeling the soft vibrations as the music played quietly.

He nodded softly when Joe asked about the volume of the music, looking out of the window and then at his watch he spoke.

" Carol meets me...to take me to class...by the font...gates" he liked Carol she had worked with him for a few years and knew more about Ali than most people. He thought about what Joe said previously about not beating a beat. He smiled softly and gave a quiet chuckle " can't beat...a beat" he smiled again as he looked out the window.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:59 am

The fact that Ali did not respond negatively, and the fact he nodded after asking about, it seemed that the music was alright, though how he'd respond to music that other teens listen too was another thing. Least he wouldn't have to worry about getting complaints from neighbours about having volume up too loud.
"Carol meets me...to take me to class...by the font...gates", Ali explained, which meant Carol would see him and notice that something is different. Joseph couldn't help but smile when he heard him repeat what he said. His humor wasn't too bad then. "Would Carol wonder that something's up since your with me?.

He hated to be the bringer of bad news, but had to come out, as didn't want Carol to ask him when he left and didn't have him for support, especially since they were close to stopping now, "I can come in with you, if you'd like, to explain things", he offered, before he dropped him off and then left.

S1mon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:54 am

He thought about the question, Carol would ask but might believe that his parents were away. But they were away and just not coming bac. Tapping his hands together softly he hummed in thought.

" it....would be good..if you said" he replied adjusting his possition and holding onto his bag tightly so he was more or less ready to get straight out of the car. It didn't look like there was a lot of people around school yet, the big busses would arrive soon with a large group of students going into school. Ali couldn't deal with crowds all those strange people so close to him.

Watching as the school came into view he looked out for Carol.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:22 pm

"it....would be good..if you said" Ali replied which cleared that out of his mind, since it would be the school who would notice something was wrong, though that was easily fixed. Though Ali had recovered since he told him the news, due to the routine not going out of whack, he wasn't sure how he was emotionally. Yes feelings didn't come easily yet one can still be affected by them.

Now that the school was in sight, he continued along the road, as the front gate was in sight. He'd pull the car over and using a slanted curb, gently eased her onto the pathway so it was away from the road, before turning to Ali, "You do well today, yeah?", smiling, before asking, "And for later on. I pick you up five past 3, so does Carol bring you back here also?", before exiting the car and locking once Ali was out so he could have a word.

S1mon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:29 am

Stepping out of the car he double checked his bag and looked to Joe as he spoke nodding slowly he replied. " school finishes at ....but I come out at...." he paused to check his watch " at five minutes past.....with Carol"

He looked over to the school gates, he hummed softly as he couldn't see Carol but sure enough after a few seconds she came into view, letting out a soft sigh in relief he smiled when Carol came closer. " hey Ali you ready to go? Who is this?" she said giving a smile to Ali holding out her hand to him which he took after a while even after a few years he still was wary around people unless he really knew them.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:15 am

Joseph looked around and glancing at the school buildings. There were a few people here at the moment, though no doubt the place would be flooded soon with the rest of the pupils, which is why Ali came at this time, no doubt. The only problem Ali mentioned the night before, was that it was too noisy, so he must get along alright then.

"school finishes at....but I come out at....at five minutes past.....with Carol", Ali replied, as he shown he understood with a nod. He was used to it, especially in meetings and conferences, and some that required him to go away, though he now had to work out how he could do such things now, now that he had other responsibilities to take care of.

For starters, he had two houses to maintain now, not to mention taking care ofAli, aswell as his business, and not forgetting himself. Least he had the week off anyway, but time for that was for later as Carol revealed herself, "hey Ali you ready to go? Who is this", as she held out her hand as he had done, though he didn't take straight away, despite knowing Carol alot longer than him, it shown he was doing something right.

"I'm Joseph, Ali's brother", he said with his hand out to shake her hand as if he was in a conference with his clients, tilting his head and smiling towards Ali.

S1mon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:36 pm

Carol smiled at Joe and shook his hand, " we'll I'm Carol and I work with Ali at school making sure he doesn't get upset and making sure he understands what's going on during the day. I didn't know that Ali had a brother"

Ali looked down at Carol's shoes they were a pale red similar to the shoes she wore when she first was introduced to Ali 3 years ago. Checking his watch it was 8:50 the other kids would be arriving around 8:55 to 8:58... Humming softly he shuffled from side to side his free hand clenching and unclenching . Carol squeezed Ali's hand softly and spoke " okay Ali just a minute longer and well go inside okay? It's okay no ones here yet see?" she briefly pointed to the school yard Ali looked to where she was pointing too nodding quickly he stopped humming almost instantly. " I assume you know about Ali's autism?"

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:59 am

"well I'm Carol and I work with Ali at school making sure he doesn't get upset and making sure he understands what's going on during the day. I didn't know that Ali had a brother", as she introduced herself and told her what she did. So it seemed she didn't only take him to and fro the gates, but also assisted in class with him. She had remarkable patience, and no doubt handled not only Ali but perhaps even more like him or the class would be super crowded. "I didn't know either still yesterday", he responded, seeing as all this was new, everything changed completely since Ali entered his life, though he knew it would when he got the phone call, though wasn't expecting all this.

His eyes returned to Ali as he heard him hum, before Carol calmed him down. Afterall, usually she'd pick him up and go straight inside, but now they've stayed at the gates longer than normal, as he gently smiled when he stopped, before turning back to Carol, "I assume you know about Ali's autism", in which he responded, "I do. It's all new to me, but we help each other out".

No doubt he had to now explain about his parents, though wasn't sure how Ali felt about being reminded, or it being said again, since they were usually the ones dropping him off, "and I'll be the one responsible for Ali from now on. No doubt you need my number for school records", as he shuffled in his pocket till a business card popped out which had his name, his business, the number for his work and his work mobile. He took out a pen and wrote on the back...."Parents are no longer with us. Were killed. Told Ali that they are not coming back", trying to make sure it was neat as possible, not wishing to make Ali more tense about the time.

He then passed over the card after putting his pen away, pointing at his details at the front, before turning it round to his writing, for her to take and read, as he then added with it quietly, "All started yesterday". Afterall, he couldn't say aloud since they were ready to go in.

S1mon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Carol took the card and flipped it over being careful not to show the writting that Ali might notice, she smiled and nodded in understanding " I will pass on this information to the head teacher and the details will be changed, we better get going hadn't we Ali? Going to work hard aren't you today ?" she said looking down to Ali who nodded quickly.

" yeah...gotta get going....bye Joe...see you at ....3:05" Ali mumbled quickly as he already began walking pulling Carol with him who waved to Joe as they entered the school and walked straight into the speacial needs classroom just in time as bus loads of students lined the road.

( right well I won't be on tomorow aside from like 20 minutes in the morning as I'm off to London for an overnight stay so will be back on Saturday late evening or early afternoon depends how I feel)

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:17 pm

"yeah...gotta get going.....bye Joe...see you at.....3:05", Ali said to him, before he turned away, who stuck out his hand to say farewell, as Carol took him in. It certainly was time for him to go too as he heard traffic getting louder, as he opened his door, turned on the ignition, lifted the handbrake, before resting his foot gently against the accelerator, as he pulled out and left the school behind. When he left school, he thought that would be it, though he expected to have kids and then take them, but that weren't for much much later. Besides, he weren't even married, and it was a good thing too, or his wife would have something to say about the ladies looking at him, and then that's when it hit him, and it was a literal hit after spending the morning in MacDonalds having a McMuffin while surfing the web, and then recieved a phone call.

"I have no time for your games Joe. I want to see you" "But you don't understand Selene, I just - can't" "And why's that? Last time you had a big dinner to go too, and then it was an important meeting, then a business trip, an interview, an appointment...do you really want to see me anymore Joe?" "Course I do Selene! I've just had my plate full that it's spread onto two plates, and not doing what I must be doing, will spread onto more. I can't help it that I'm busy, and I can't afford to now" "Why? From what Sarah told me, your not in work, so what's the excuse?!" "It's...hard to explain. Like I told Gaz, I have some important family matters to consider" "and what about your important future matters Joe?! How do you explain eating in MacDonalds Joe?!", before no sound came out.

Joseph sighed. This was all he needed, before looking upto his watch, [b]"I better get going"
, as he entered his car, and pulled out his driveway and back onto the open road. Least he had a change of clothes now, aswell as his belongings for at least a couple of weeks worth. Yes Joe was quite fortunate in money, but didn't want to blow it all up by upkeeping two houses. It was one thing to tell Ali about their parents' death, but what about funeral arrangements, and the will. They'd have to go through all that too. Why did it seem like everything was going all rocky after going so smooth. Well...at least the road was soft to deal with it, a minor joy, as he drove along towards the school.

When he arrived, he was a little early, as he saw the students board the buses and seeing them leave one-by-one. By the time it cleared up, he turned on the ignition once again and pulled up to the gates, with the passenger door side being closer to the gate for Ali, as he waited for him to come out. Once he was, he'd then ask, turning to him, "How was school then Ali?".

S1mon
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:58 am

Ali slowly got in the car placing his bag by his feet Ashe buckled the seatbelt across his chest. Looking over to Joe as he asked how school was, he thought for a while his mind relaying all the information, events and conversation that had happened during the day.

He tapped his hands together before speaking." had maths...then science....bit of reading work....I had spaghetti for lunch...." he paused to look out of the window his train of thought distracted by watching the last few students getting into parents cars and leaving.

Blinking a few times he continued " art...and then English" he added adjusting his possition in the car. Checking his watch it wouldn't take them that long to get home Ali usually let about 40 minutes for them to get home incase of traffic from other schools in the area. He thought about what would happen when they got home dinner would have to be cooked or reheated if there was any leftovers.

nightwolf
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!