Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Crossing Paths

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Crossing Paths

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:17 am

This time yesterday, Joseph had recieved the call which had changed his life, and it was at this time, that he had returned to a home he had not called home but a long time. Since he had his own place, he couldn't even call it a home, but simply temporary residence, like the apartments he gets when his work involved him meeting clients abroad. His work had it's good parts, and bad parts, but doesn't everything?

It was also this time yesterday that he first met Ali, and now Ali had entered the car and prepared to go after finishing his day at school after all that happened, yet as he explained what he had, it seemed like a regular day. "Been working hard then?", he said with a smile, before turning the key into ignition, with his hand on the wheel, waiting to be able to turn out round a few cars had gone past, most likely together.

Once he pulled out, he then asked, "Then you'll need a pretty good dinner to keep your apetite up to match it, right?", remembering the routine that Ali had told him the day before, "Do you have a certain dinner a certain day, or it's anything?", he asked.
This account is no longer in use
[i]Should you have rp'ed with me in the past and wish to do so again, either new or continue an existing one, contact me on my new account

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

S1mon
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:57 am

Ali thought about the question deeply, he wasn't really sure sometimes he would be told what they would be having whenever they got home or even before if the family talked on the way home.

" it's...whatever...sometimes it's planned...other times it's not" Ali tried to explain his fingers tapping together as he watched everything go by.

Watching the tress blend together with the lush green grass Ali wondered what Joe had been doing all day he could have been driving round all day because he seemed so comfortable in the car. Thinking about what Joe asked him when he got in the car " did you...work hard today?" he asked briefly looking at Joe then to his feet.
~There's only now, there's only this, forget regret, or life is yours to miss~ - RENT

~ If at first you don't succed, Destroy all evidence that you tried ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:47 am

Joseph listened as Ali explained how dinner was not planned, which meant he weren't bound by what to cook, though he'd probably retain Chip night on fridays like he usually did at home. He still couldn't forget Selene's phone call earlier on, and the fact that she had saw him at Mac Donalds while he was doing some research and checking how things were at work. With his busy schedule at work, his day went super-quick and weren't able to go out with her, but despite him not working, he still has a busy schedule to keep up with, with the responsibility of looking after Ali.

It did make him wonder about those with autism that were alot older than Ali and how they managed. His thoughts then were put on hold, his smile appearing, as Ali asked, "did you...work hard today?", the same question he had asked him. "Not as hard as you today", the corners of his mouth tugged, "Have the week off, and being the boss, it's no big deal, but sure is nice to have time to rest again".

The car then turned a corner, essentially back-tracking the way he had come, as Joseph remained vigilant on the road. "You have any work to do? homework?", he asked, seeing as that also had to fit into his routine, if he had homework, seeing that the routine he told him yesterday did not include schoolwork.

S1mon
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:00 pm

Ali shook his head slightly he didn't always have homework it was more of interest work you could call it. The schools Calculus teacher would give him so work sheets to d in his spare time but it only took Ali an hour at the most to complete a few pages. " not really...I get Calculus work...to do whenever I want...." he explained watching as the car turned they were close to home now.

When Joe explained about him having a week off from work he wondered what kind of work Joe did was it running a store,did his work it one of those big tall buildings in the city or did he work on his own. " how...do you work?" Ali asked looking to Joe as he drove.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:29 am

It seemed he didn't have any homework to do, which was good, "not really...I get Calculus work...to do whenever I want....", and doing extra work when needed shown initiative. With the way Ali worked things out, how he solved the rubix cube, he'd assume that maths would be his favourite subject and one he could handle quite nicely, meaning he wouldn't have to worry about it either, as not every taught at school is used in real life.

The roundabout was ahead as he indicated left and pulled out, going round half way, before Ali then asked, "how...do you work?", which made him smile. So far, Ali would know that he was a manager of sorts, seeing that he mentioned that he was off, which was easy to do since he was the big boss. "I'm the manager of a company that deals with contracts in the big city. A contract being simply an agreement, and it's my job to ensure agreements are kept and that both sides are happy. So it's quite a demanding job, but have many people to support me, so it's all good, and not to mention you get to meet some great people and move around alot", it had it's perks.

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:25 am

Ali listened th best he could, Joe seemed to be a really important person in his line of work but he said that he move around a lot. This confused Ali a little did he not sit at his desk or did he move around in his office while on the phone or writting up a contract.

" do you not sit still then?" he asked looking out the window as they turned they were almost home now, checking his watch they were making good time so Ali found nothing to worry about just yet. Ali would have a drink and put everything away from school and begin his afternoon routine.

( how about Selene finding out where Joe is and causing trouble kind of thing)

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:35 am

"do you not sit still then?", he heard Ali say as he smiled, turning slightly to him as he looked out the window, before returning his attention to the road as they were nearly home now, though he still wasn't used to the idea of calling it home. "I sit still when I have to, and when I can rest, but like I said, it is demanding work and need to hold meetings, see clients, and so forth, so am always on the move", ending with a smile.

The car then pulled up, gently going up a low curb and parking up outside, "What do you want to be when your older Ali?", seeing that they were now off the road and talking about his work, he turned to him, wondering what his ambitions were.

(OOC: My thoughts exactly XD)

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:14 am

" what do you want to be when your older Ali?"

The question repeated itself in Ali's mind he didn't know what he wanted to be when he was older he didn't want to be pressured if he ever found a job and if a job had to many people it would make Ali feel nervousand panicky. His parents always said he could be anything he wanted to be.

" don't know....I like...maths...and comic books....what jobs...have those things?" he asked undoing his seatbelt as the car stopped outside the house. He picked up his bag and opened the car door stepping out of the car closing the door behind him and walking up to the front door stopping as he knew that Joe had the key, tapping his hands together softly he examined the front door checking the pots around the door checking they hadn't been moved.

(ooc: cool)

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:05 am

With the car now parked, and taking the key out of ignition into his hands' grip, his attention then fell to Ali, wondering what job he was thinking of. His thoughts was something to do with maths, seeing as he spoke about Calculus and how well he did at it. "don't know....I like...maths...and comic books....what jobs...have those things?", he asked. It was as he thought, maths, but as for jobs, he weren't too sure. Maths usually worked for teachers, mechanics, payroll. As for comic books, only as someone who writes them or designs them, then again, they could always remain as a hobby. "Well I'm not sure about a job that has both in it, but certainly jobs needed maths and you'd always have comic books to read in your spare time. How about a teacher?", seeing as managers usually deal with payroll nowadays and had to think about someway that suited him and his condition.

Then again, he didn't know he was going to be where he was, "Either way, you have a bright future ahead of you Ali", smiling, before he opened his car door, closed it, then locked up, before walking up the path. As Ali stopped, he passed to open the door before taking his jacket off. He'd have to check what is in before he sees what he can do for dinner. He had brought his clothes, but didn't bring his food, so hoped something would be in. They had chicken yesterday, so needed something else today, as he went into the kitchen to look around, Bangers and mash alright for ya?", he called out.

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:24 am

" Bangers and mash all right for Ya?"

Ali stopped as he entered the house shutting the door behind him and taking off his coat placing it on the right hook. As well as taking off his shoes and putting them in the cupboard under the stairs. " bangers and mash ?" He mumbled to himself he tried to formulate what Joe meant. In his mind Ali connected the word ' Bangers ' with a gun but Joe would give Ali a gun to eat it was made of metal so it couldn't be eaten anyway.

Going into the living room he pulled out his home communication book from the book shelf and placed it on the hatch tapping the wood to get Joe's attention he opened his book to the food section and placed it on the counter below the hatch. " can you show...me Joe ? I don't ...get it" he asked peering through the hatch.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:42 pm

He waited for a few seconds after asking about "bangers and mash" and waited for an answer but it was silent, until he heard a tap on the hatch, which he then opened. Looking through, he saw Ali with his book open and asking, "can you show...me Joe? I don't...get it", which no doubt meant his reference to bangers and mash.

Well, he asked to show him...so Joseph pulled back, and pulled out a pack of sausages from the fridge, before placing them on the counter, "sausages...bangers, mean same thing", he stated in order to clarify the meaning, waiting to see if there was anything else, aswell as see if the dish he proposed was alright before he got on to peeling the potatoes for the mash. He may be well-off, but did know how to prepare a good meal.

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:26 pm

" Sausages..Bangers mean same thing"

Ali looked at the sausages his head tilting as he mulled it over in his head, he flicked through his communication book and found a picture of sausages and wrote down the word ' bangers' next to the word ' sausages' so he wouldn't get as confused the next time. " thanks Joe " he mumbled.

Putting his book back in the bookshelf he checked his watch he had a bit of time before dinner would be ready, tapping his hands together he picked up one of his puzzles and sat down on his chair, he checked the windows as a car drew up to the house and sat for a while. It could be a neighbours friend or family member visiting for a while. Ali didn't really know the world outside his routines, it seemed strange and scary to him unless everything was all planned out for him so he could prepare himself for it.

( well I'm going to bed regardless that I don't feel tired I have to sleep unless there's another bunch of storms in Birmingham again I nearly died and the thunder over our house and somewhere got hit by lightning in our street, night)

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Joseph watched as the pages flipped one after another until he stopped and watched him right before Ali then looked back upto him, [i]"thanks Joe", before pulling back to put it away. "Don't mention it", he said with a smile, pleased that he could be of help. Afterall, Literacy taught you English, but not really slang or the lingo that's used from time to time.

Seeing that Ali was settled again, he smiled and then proceeded to get out the potatoes and start peeling, before putting them under cold water and onto the stove while he retrieved a frying pan, splotted in some oil, and then unleashed the sausages to fry. Remembering from yesterday how he kept his food separate, he doubted he'd have gravy. He could probably make anyway but keep in a pot so if he wanted some, he could use, so it wouldn't be a loss to him. Taking out another frying pan, he then proceeded to cutting some onions, filling a bowl of water and cutting them underneath. Yes it sounds off, but it sure works to prevent the onions having an effect on his eyes.

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:34 pm

Ali put down the completed puzzle on the table beside him, switching on the tv he checked his watch again still around 20 minutes to dinner. Humming softly he looked around again tapping his hands softly he flicked through the channels on the tv trying to find something he could watch for 15 minutes so then he would have 5 minutes to get ready for dinner.

He jumped at the honking of a horn and watched as the car that was parked outside the house flashed it lights and a woman stepped out of it walking toward the front door, " Joe someone's...coming a woman" he called out putting on a Tom and jerry cartoon his attention still on the woman outside.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:47 pm

The onion was nearly done as he then proceeded to pick the onion out of the bowl of water, putting the chopped pieces for the gravy on one side, while the pieces for the bin went on another, before pulling the plug so the sink was empty again. Now he just needed to prepare the gravy and make sure he turned the sausages regularly, as the potatoes would be fine.

Just then, he heard a horn, but disregarded it, until he heard Ali, "Joe someone's...coming a woman". A woman? here? someone who Ali knew? no it couldn't be or he would of called by name. Both intrigued as to who it could be, and not wishing to worry Ali, he washed his hands, before approaching the door and opening it.

Whack! as the woman's hand went across his cheek, as Joseph blinked a few times to balance himself, before turning to see who slapped him, "Selene? What are you -". The female merely smiled through her pink lips which complimented her pink attire, "I believe the right question....would be what you are doing here?....Now aren't you going to invite me in Mr President?"

Not waiting to be allowed in, she made her own way in before ranting on, "You don't call...You say your busy at work...Your not at work...I see you at MacDonalds...and now see you here, not even at home...What is going on? You avoiding me?". As she spoke, Joseph simply sighed and held out his hand towards the kitchen so she would oblige and go in there while she was ranting, in order to deal with her aswell as making sure dinner was not burnt.

He placed his finger on her lips before saying quietly as he looked into those eyes that he missed so deeply, "Listen! I really! have had alot on my plate, and if you phoned my work, they'd tell you that I was away for family reasons, which I am", but she merely looked away, "to eat in a family restaurant...is that your reason? Why didn't you contact me? Ain't I important to you?".

Sometimes she really did wind him up when she played the not-wanted game, and right now, he was getting frustrated, as his hand touched her cheek to turn it back to face him, "Stop playing that game with me Selene. I've just had alot on my mind. I'll make it up for you once it clears up".

"You just don't get it..", she began before it was Joseph's turn to interrupt for a change, "You don't get it Selene. Now stop making this all about you", "But it IS all about me. I'm supposed to be your girlfriend for goodness sake, and now you don't have the time for me. I'll go find someone else..".

Didn't she get it? "Selene!", as she then walked away.

(OOC: Leaving here as no doubt Ali may wonder what's going on)

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Ali stayed where he was sitting his head tilted as he watched the woman who was called Selene walk into the house, uninvited. Ali always knew that you had to be invited into someone's home or at least ask if you can come in.

Humming softly he watched sitting on his knees to one point to look through the kitchen hatch, he had no idea what they were talking about or even who this woman was in relation to Joe. She left as soon as she came but he didn't hear the door open or close, was the door left open? The door shouldn't be left open anyone can come in and Ali could wander off.

Standing up he shuffled over his hands tapping together nervously as he edged closer to the hallway " what's the lady joe?" he asked his feet rocking from side to side as he tapped his hanands together his eyes darting all over the place making sure nothing had changed.

( sure that's fine with me)

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:13 am

It annoyed him sometimes when she didn't listen. Could she not see how busy he was. Afterall, it wasn't always like this, and if he wanted it to be over, he'd be a man and tell her, but instead, she ends up stalking in, barging in to his home, causing trouble, not letting him explain, and then rushing off. Perhaps she did understand and then ran off so she didn't make herself look stupid, or just being stubborn and playing hard to get. Girls!

As soon as he turned to leave, he followed, calling after her, but she entered her car and ran off. She knew where he was now, so he'd clear it all up another time. Besides, he had dinner on, and Ali to think about, as he closed the door and went back towards the kitchen, when he saw Ali in the doorway, moving side to side. Probably expected, seeing a strange woman enter, and then Joseph not cooking when dinner was needed to be cooked.

"what's the lady joe?", he asked, as Joseph merely sighed, "Well she's no lady, that's for sure. That was Selene, my girl, but like many girls, they sure are confusing". Afterall, she wasn't like that before, more the opposite.

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:27 am

Watching the event play out Ali tapped his hands together, his eyes closed and he tried to calm himself down by counting the decimals of Pi as high as he could get to. When the arguing stopped he opened his eyes and listened to Joe as he explained who Selene was to him.

" we'll she's no lady, that's for sure. That was Selene, my girl, but like many girls, they sure are confusing"

Ali nodded his head quickly still tapping his hands, he found girls confusing to in fact he found everyone confusing. " everyone is confusing " he mumbled looking at his watch, groaning lightly now there was fifteen minutes left till dinner and Joe wasnt cooking. " fifteen minutes Joe" he added walking back to the living room and sitting down his hands writhing together as he looked at the television screen.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:29 pm

He wished that she was more understanding, but unless she worked where he worked, then she would not. As for working where he was, that wasn't something he did not desire either, because work and romance don't mix too well, and not to mention how things would worsen at the desk, and her demanding him every five minutes when he was needed to work. There was no chance, none. Afterall, a man needs a break once in awhile.

Joseph was telling the truth however about his work being busy, infact, he should be there this week, coming away at one of the most critical of times. When he had news that he was to pick up his younger brother, he though reckless, hard to control, fussy, trouble-maker, going to stress him out, mess the place up, and going to need at least a week to straighten him out or throw him away. He was not expecting Ali at all, it was a complete surprise, and though it felt weird at the start, after he knew what was up, he begun to understand more, but it was the future he was concerned more about than the present. In particular, his future rather than his own, so he'd do his best to support him.

It made him wonder if Selene had any siblings, probably not with how much time she wished to spend with him. Yes she was beautiful, but now comes to show her ugly side, despite that pretty face still being there. Why couldn't she understand? Perhaps if she saw Ali, she would, but then again...

"everyone is confusing", Ali remarked, which made Joseph give a smile, passing by his previous thoughts. "fifteen minutes Joe", he then reminded him as he put his hands up as if he was surrendering, "Alright, alright", as he moved into the kitchen. The potatoes were on, the sausages simply needed to fry and the onions he had cut up, and the gravy didn't take too long, so he'd get it done on time. If not, earlier, though had to remember for the gravy to remain in the pot and not on the plate, remembering how he placed his food yesterday.

Immediately, he put the onion pieces into one pan, and sausages in another, poured in some oil, not too much, and then put the heat on. Now all it took, was keeping his eyes on it, and keeping the onions and sausages, as he did so. Usually he would cook for himself, or eat out with mates, so it was nice cooking for someone, though he wasn't sure how he was going to eat out now, since Ali couldn't. Things are changing, quite alot.

Once dinner was cooked, with the potatoes drained and turned into mash with good old elbow-crease, butter and milk, and the onions all added to some gravy that was quickly made up, he slapped on a fondune of mash on one side of the plate, and then placed the "bangers" on the other side, criss-crossing each other. Once it was served, he brought the two plates, with the gravy in the gravy-jug, all on a tray before placing on the table. He then seated himself and lifted Ali's plate to his table-mat, and then his to his. His finger twisted round the handle of the gravy-jug before pouring over both the bangers and the mash in a zig-zag pattern, before turning to Ali, "Would you like some gravy?".

S1mon
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby nightwolf on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:20 pm

Ali had been sitting in the dinning room for at least ten minutes or so, he had become distracted by a tv advertisement and was fixated by that for at least two minutes and then had to turn the tv of and put the remote back where it belonged. He also picked up the completed Chinese puzzle and placed it with the completed Rubix cube that he had done yesterday he would have to ask Joe if he would mix them up for him so he could redo them. If Ali mixed them up himself he would complete them again in seconds and it was more enjoyable if someone else mixed them up.

Adjusting his placemat at the dinner table he looked at the sausages and mash potatoes, he slowly ate at first he was unsure about the texture of the potatoes but after getting used to it he found them quite nice.

" Would you like some gravy?"

He peered into the odd shaped jug at the murky brown liquid that looked thin and thick at the same time. He looked at Joe's plate and then at his own. Joe's plate was all dirty but perhaps that was what he liked a messy life or at least messy food. Shaking his head quickly he began to cut up the sausages, they were a bit tough but quite tasty. " Gravy is too...messy makes food mix" he explained as, like the spring rolls last night he cut up the sausages into equal slices and he ate slowly.

" Selene was...." he paused as he tried to think of the emotion or at least a word to describe what she was like, she was very loud but that could mean any emotion. " Loud..she was loud...why?" he asked looking to Joe for answers as he ate some moe mash potatoes.

nightwolf
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!