Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism »

Players Wanted: Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. »

A Crown of Stars

A Crown of Stars

a part of “A Crown of Stars”, a fictional universe by Morpheus.

A hundred years after the so-called apocalypse, the remnants of humanity must defend their city-states from monstrous vampires and demon-contracted witches. The Order of Mismar stands at the vanguard, and they're recruiting. It's now or never.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Crown of Stars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A Crown of Stars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:08 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "A Crown of Stars"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: A Crown of Stars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi everyone!

The name's Morpheus, and this is my little contribution to the RP world. I'd love to get some character submissions, but I realize there's quite a bit of reading to do. If any questions should come up, I'm happy to answer them, and I'd love to work with you on creating a character if that's something you're interested in. Let me know if there's anything I can do, or just drop a note to tell me you'll be submitting something.

Cheers.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ボクセルちゃん on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:59 pm

Hi Morpheus! You can just call me Voxel (which is just the English translation of my name). I'm just stopping by to tell you that I will most likely be submitting a character soon if that's fine by you.

ボクセルちゃん
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:07 am

Hey Voxel,

Glad to hear it! Please let me know if you have any questions as you go about the creation process.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby toajojo on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:56 am

Hello Morpheus,

This roleplay looks exceptionally awesome! Good job on it. I just wanted to tell you that I will definitely be submitting a character as soon as possible. I read through the rules, but did not see a password to reserve with, so I hope I am doing this right. Also, nice to meet you!

toajojo
Member for 8 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:12 am

Hello yourself!

There is indeed no password, and technically I'm not even taking "reservations." I appreciate people letting me know that they intend to submit something, but this isn't first come first serve, and there isn't even a set cast size. I anticipate taking between 4-6 characters, and I'll be accepting on a rolling basis, mostly.

Nice to meet you too; feel free to shoot me any questions you have. I'm still at work on the first Hunter's Manual entries, so those should provide more info for you as well.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Naught on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:23 am

Hey there Morpheus!

This idea, this roleplay... It's just one of a kind and I might never be able to join one beautiful and thought out roleplay ever again. So, of course I will be submitting a character pretty soon. This is one of the first roleplay in a year that I will be joining, since I have came back from a hiatus.
{| Royalty |}
ImageImage
~ NAUGHT ~

Naught
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:23 pm

Why hello, Naught, and thank you for the compliment! You are of course welcome to apply, and I am interested to see what you come up with!

To everyone: please do not be afraid to submit only a WIP; I won't judge until the character is completed, and this has the added benefit of allowing me to catch any possible issues a bit earlier and bring them up with you, so that your final submission can be the best possible fit for the setting. If that's not how you prefer to work, that is also totally fine, of course, but a post here every once in a while to remind me that you're still working would be great. I've had a few people want to submit things in the past, and then kind of leave us hanging without saying anything, and I'd prefer to avoid it. So, likewise, if you change your mind and will not be submitting anything, please just let me know. I promise I won't be mad.

Good luck and happy writing, everybody.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:58 pm

Ohaithar.

So I've been watching this RP develop since yesterday, like the creeper that I am, and after some deliberation, I'd like to drop my hat in the ring for one of your character places. The idea looks pretty well-thought-out, and I've been having a bit of a hankering for something unapologetically supernatural.

At present, I'm planning on making a librarian character, but I'll shoot you some questions if they come up, assuming that's okay by you. :)
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 11 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:13 pm

So yeah, same for me basically. Except I'm probably a bigger creeper. It's not a fact that I'm proud of, but one that I acknowledge.

For me, I was thinking of rolling with a courier type character, a guy that delivers people's mail and packages and such. It's an idea, and we'll see where it leads us.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 12 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Excuse me while I find a corner and dissolve into a disgusting puddle of fan mush.

No but seriously I can't believe you two are interested in my silly little RP. I love your other stuff. Yes, yes, absolutely yes those character ideas are fine, please do submit and ask me anything you want to know. I can't wait to see what you do, for real.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Update time!

Asher's sheet is complete, for the moment. Some of the details of his history are bound up in plot elements, so for the moment, I'm redacting most of it. As I imagine the same will not be the case for any of your characters as of yet, please write a fuller history than I did haha. That said, if there is something you would like to keep particularly secret from your fellow players, just send me a message and we'll talk. Hint: I'll probably be completely fine with it.

Several people have indicated interest, and that's awesome. Ideally, I'd like to start seeing some works-in-progress here pretty soon, just so I know you're all still here and interested, and of course if there's anything I can do to help or more information I can provide, my inbox is always open.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Check Mate on Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:14 am

Hello Morph. Dont know if you remember me but I am from the inuyasha rp that sadly went down ;v; but I was lurking around like a roleplay creeper I am and saw this gem. I would love to go for a slot, with a potential widow who simply is unemployed but I am still thinking. ^^ hopefully there is still room.. if you'll have me of course.
ImageImage

Check Mate
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Person of Interest Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi Check!

I do in fact remember you. You are welcome to apply, and the concept sounds fine. I can't guarantee anyone spots, of course; there are more applicants than positions, but please do submit and give it a shot. Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ボクセルちゃん on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:08 pm

My character is almost completely finished, all I have left to do is the history and she'll be done.

ボクセルちゃん
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:16 pm

That's great news, Voxel. Pardon me if I don't deliver a verdict right away after reading her over; I've got a fair amount of submissions pending, and I'd like to give everyone a fair chance to make some progress before I go making any major choices. I'm pretty new to running an RP, but that strikes me as the fairest way to do it. Not that I'll postpone indefinitely, of course. I think I'll be choosing the cast by Tuesday evening at the latest, just so everyone's aware and can plan accordingly. If you really need extra time, send me a message and I'll see what I can do.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pandora's Melancholy on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:25 am

Hello,

I hope you do not mind me taking a chance on this lovely piece of story. I will be passing a character sheet.

Thank you very much...
"All that remained was... me..."

Pandora's Melancholy
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:57 pm

Hello Pandora,

You are welcome to submit. Competition is getting a bit tough at this point, but I look forward to seeing what you come up with all the same. Let me know if you have questions.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:58 am

Hey folks!

You might notice that the front page just got a major update and several characters have been accepted. This is the "rolling" part of the rolling acceptances I mentioned earlier. All of the characters thus far approved are complete and awesome, so congrats to their players!

You may also notice that there's one slot left. It is not absolutely necessary that this slot be filled, nor does it necessarily need to be filled by a female character. Gender parity is nice, especially since women doing cool things are underrepresented in fiction, but nonessential to this story specifically. So. Basically, I'm going to say that the best character complete by 9pm EST tomorrow will get the slot. If none of the characters available at that time seem like a good fit to me, I'll just decline to fill it at all. If you are still interested in the slot but for some reason really can't have the character done by that deadline, please send me a PM and I'll see what I can do about an extension.

But unfortunately part of running an RP effectively is making sure that the people in it have roughly the same pace as the others, and I also don't want to be waiting that long for people who don't actually intend to finish their characters at all. That was probably more explanation than was strictly necessary, so sorry about that. I just don't want you all to think I'm being purposefully obtuse or draconian or what-have-you.

Tl;dr: congrats to the accepted, everyone else please have your sheets done by 9 EST on Tuesday the 27th. Lookin' to start this sucker either Tuesday or Wednesday night, but not before some cast discussion.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morpheus on Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Attention accepted players!

If you could assign your character a major arcana of the tarot, which one would you pick? This has a little tiny bit of relevance for something I may or may not be working on.

Exclude The Fool and the High Priestess, please, as I believe those are already taken.

Morpheus
Member for 7 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!