Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Daigotsu's Dojo of Training Goodness

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Forum for completely Out of Character (OOC) discussion, based around whatever is happening In Character (IC). Discuss plans, storylines, and events; Recruit for your roleplaying game, or find a GM for your playergroup.

Do you hate me already?

YES
No votes
No
No votes
I like pie
100%

Total votes : 10

Daigotsu's Dojo of Training Goodness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:15 pm

Alright, the three of you who are in my little group are going to be training here. There is a ten step program, and you can't move to the next step unless you have perfected the step you're on.

10. Final
9. Wind/Movement on clothes and hair
8. Mech Movements
7. Human Movements
6. Body Parts
5. Test 2
4. Objects
3. Figures
2. Weather & Shadows
1. Test 1

Zechs Marquise - 2
Archangel_07 - 2

Step 1 - Test 1 - Chose a random object. In at least two paragraphs, describe the object as best you can. I want ALL senses to be touched in the description.

Step 2 - Weather & Shadows - A ball is sitting outside near a tree. I would like you to describe the ball in each of the four seasons, at four key times in the day. Sunrise, the sun's peak, sunset, and night.
Last edited by Daigotsu on Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Daigotsu
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack on Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:40 pm

Cant believe im doing this. It is harder than you think to get a context on this thing.
I want ALL senses to be touched in the description.

Cant really taste what I have in mind but i'll do my best.
--------------------
A dull brown parcel lay up against a glossy hard brown door. The parcel was one foot wide, half a foot length-wise and another half a foot depth-wise. It was a immobile box which had been there for some time, taking in the new smells of the hall before the door.

Emitting now sounds at all it was the perfect inconspicuous package. All you could here was the expansion and deflation of the polostyrine inside under the heat. Tied with a white fraid peice of string, it was knotted at the cross of the middle. The smooth yet refined brown paper covering it gave it a mysterious glow such as a promocuous stamp.

The stamp glue seemed to have dulled the wrapping paperr. Stamp glue has always had an intoxicating taste which came right through the nostrils when you caught a whiff of it.
--------------------
I hope this is good enough, because if it isnt, give me more entail on to what the hell you want.
"Is than an unfair advantage?"
"Yes"
"But im worth it ;D"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jack
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:02 pm

I hit the water with a resounding smack that was instantly muted as it flowed over me. Even submerged, I could feel myself being spun about in the currents as the boat's propellor miraculously missed me.

I heaved myself with my arms in the direction I prayed was up. My muscles were already screaming from the fight earlier. My head broke the surface of the water, and I spat out the salty water and wiped it out of my eyes. Already, I could see the boat toddling off into the distance, my captors looking back, evil grins plastered on their faces.

Something was terribly wrong, despite being in the middle of the ocean, the place smelled like a gas station. The realization hit me as my captors dropped a flaming rag into the water.

With a Whoosh, the water burst into flame. I could feel my skin blister and pop, the smell of charred flesh overwhelming me. I did the first thing that came to mind. I dived under the water.

The saltwater burned my scorched face. As I felt the strength pouring out of me the dreadful realization hit me.

I was going to die.
~Zach, the one you know and love!

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Archangel_07 on Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:03 pm

Object Selected: Bucket of water and surrounding area.

Drip......Drip......Drip....

A steady soothing dripping noise echo's throughout an empty household, as the moonlight filters through an open window high above a bucket set to the side of the room. The light flickers over the pooled water, casting eerie watery images on to the darkened ceiling.

Ripples expand rhythmically, then rebound back to the middle. The smells of morning dew and damp cedar fill the room, causing the aroma to become refreshing and clean. Water gathers at the tap,forming another droplet and it thus is fall with a mystical grace…

Drip…

Condensation clings desperately to the smooth wooden planks of the pail, small droplets slide down helplessly to the forces of gravity…

Archangel_07
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:39 pm

Zach, I will add you to my group now...I guess...

Zechs, Angel, you did a pretty good job. You two will have fun with this.

Zach, the objective of this exercise was not to RP you interacting with an object at all, it was describing the object alone. Please redo your post, and I will give you a grade.

Zechs - A
Angel - A

Daigotsu
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Archangel_07 on Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:18 pm

Excuse Zach, he misunderstood. He thought that this was a game open to volunteers and that..

Duo Maxwell - 1
Zechs Marquise - 1
Archangel_07 - 1
Zach - 1

Was a score board. And from what I've read from him in previous forums he doesn't need the training.

Archangel_07
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:23 pm

Ah. No, that's to show what step you're on. Okay, I will have to kick Zach in dah toe.

Kicks Zach in the toe.

Daigotsu
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zach_Rendar on Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:39 pm

*flails in pain!!!*

Alright, I'm glad we could clear that up, I'll just edge my way out the door on my good foot... ^^;

Ja!

Zach_Rendar
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:48 pm

Aww... I'm jealous. ;-;

This spam is curtesy of Faith, please enjoy.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack on Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:36 am

I like pie! Hahaha. Shadows test eh? This one you'll have to make clearer as we all reach that stage. And to save you the trouble, Duo isnt taking training under the word of two admins. So you dont have to have him on the list.

Jack
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daigotsu on Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:25 pm

Okay then.....

check the first post for your next step!

Daigotsu
Member for 13 years

Re: Daigotsu's Dojo of Training Goodness

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby delfiler on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:43 am

i'm sorry i have to do it like this but i need to have the ability to PM, sorry for if this looks like trolling or spam

delfiler
Member for 6 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.