Dalcaria: The Shadow Chancellor (WIP)

a topic in Writing, a part of the RPG forum.

A place for original short stories, fanfiction, essays, and the like. Keep it PG-13.

Dalcaria: The Shadow Chancellor (WIP)

Tips: 0.50 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Soooooo, since I feel the need to get my creative juices more flowing, and keep myself up and interested in the very vast universe which is Dalcaria (and which has still not been fully written out, much to my dismay and the likely dismay of others), I have decided to write a story! It may be short, or it may be long, that is still to be determined.

Consider this a work in progress until I say otherwise, but also consider it canon to my universe. It's just a fun little backstory to help give you some more information about this world, and some of the characters in it. Specifically, the new Grand Chancellor James Airell.

roleplay/dalcaria-forged-in-fire-and-blood/characters/grand-chancellor-james-airell

I hope you all (assuming anyone reads this) enjoy it!

Note: I will add new posts to this as I see fit, but in the future I may just create a "mega topic" that links to another website where I can keep all Dalcaria related literature, so if you are reading this and have an interest in my universe, keep an eye out for that!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.50 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saethos
Member for 2 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Group Theory Tipworthy Conversationalist Author Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: Dalcaria: The Shadow Chancellor (WIP)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:24 pm

The Shadow Chancellor

What is Dalcaria? It is the sound of the rain, gently pattering against a window...

It was another rainy day in Durelieus. The mist and was coming in from the sea just as quickly as the ships were, enveloping the city in that sort of quiet, soothing calm that many patriots would tell you can only be found on a Dalcarian rainy day. His Excellency, Grand Chancellor James Airell, found himself in a bit of a trance, watching and listening to the rain come down out of his office window. Of course, when you find yourself in a trance, that often breaks it, as was the case for the young leader right now. His mind was brought back to the endless paper work he had sitting on his desk, and the heavy task of not merely leading a country, but fixing it too.

The year is 1503 I.E, the Civil War that had ripped apart the country has been over for a year now, a year of rule under Grand Chancellor James Airell. Much has been rebuilt in this time, but there is still a great deal left to do, years worth to be certain. James went back to his desk and looked over the paper he'd last been milling over. Some small town further North in Tavastia was requesting funding for the reconstruction of a bridge. It was going to cost a few thousand standards, but it was apparently necessary for travel and transportation. James sighed as he placed a rubber stamp mark on it and signed at the bottom. Of course he had to accept their proposal. Keeping the people both happy and connected was necessary for the stability of the country, even if the standards were starting to run low. He put it in an envelope, sealed it, and placed it in one of his mail baskets.

More to come later folks! But for now, I must run to class. lol

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saethos
Member for 2 years
Friendly Beginnings Promethean World Builder Group Theory Tipworthy Conversationalist Author Inspiration Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:35 am

OOC: Alright, back again and ready to continue with some of my writing!

There was a knock at the office door not a moment after the paper made it's way into the basket. James took a brief second to take a breath before giving permission to enter. A young Royal Guard entered the room and gave a slight bow of his head to the Grand Chancellor. "I beg your pardon Your Excellency, but a report has arrived for you, news from the Intelligence Services." James nodded and took a binder the young guard was holding. "Thank you Thomas. By the way, if you need some tea or anything, just ask one of the staff. Best we keep you alert." The guard smiled and thanked the Grand Chancellor before closing the door again.

James sat down at his desk and browsed through the report. It was a lot of bullet points, a request James himself made as he saw no use for 'legalese' when it came to effectively (and efficiently) running the country. He began to feel a welling sense of annoyance rise in him as he read over it. There had been a train bombing a week ago in Cordovia, obviously perpetrated by House Black, but his agents still were unable to locate the current main headquarters of the organization. Both he and the agency were well aware that House Black is maintaining outposts dotted around the country, but so far no one had found the center of the organization, some place where their high command operated out of. Things were starting to get out of hand. House Black was starting to get more emboldened, committing acts of greater and greater violence, and James knew it was going to start sowing discourse in the nation, and whittling down the people's confidence in him, and the nation.

Another moment of internal silence washed over James as he got caught up in the sound of the rain. And again, he caught himself in his moment of distraction. 'I'll go speak with Terrence. We need a new approach to this. At the very least, we need to put fear into House Black that I'm around every corner. Until we find their high command, we need to make them afraid.' James closed up the report and quickly went over a few more papers, less work for later he hoped. While in the midst of this, he called out for Thomas, who entered the room almost immediately. "Thomas, could you please let the driver know I'll need to be going out in a few moments. He can park out front, I'll be down soon." The young guard gave a smile and a quick nod. "Yes sir, right away."

After James felt he had gotten enough work out of the way, he stood up, stretched briefly, and got ready to leave. He made his way out of his office, and down a number of hallways, giving both formal and informal greetings to staff and visitors. Anyone who decided to observe would notice more of the informal comments went to staff and the Royal Guards. James was not known for being very outwardly emotional, but the staff had noticed he had a "lighter" way of interacting with them, especially the guards. The latter almost goes without saying however, besides the fact he was a Royal Guard at one point, they were also one of the biggest reasons he is now Grand Chancellor. The ties they have are nothing short of camaraderie, and with each salute he is given as he passes them by, a tiny part of a much bigger story is told.

On his way out of the Palace, he takes a brief moment to admire the entrance. The paintings telling the stories of centuries of Clarion rulers, the ornately carved wood of bygone eras, and suits of armor that had seen some of the most intense battles in the nation's history. James allowed himself a small, hidden smile. History, aesthetics, and a bit of rainy weather; it was an incredibly Dalcarian thing of him, and he didn't mind that in the slightest. Finally, he stepped outside and made his way down the steps towards the car. The rain poured heavy upon his head and black coat, but he wasn't about to try to stop it. In fact, he was rather enjoying it.

'In such an imperfect world, at least we still have these moments of perfection.'

Okay, so that was a LONG one, and possibly a bit boring. As I said, work in progress, and I'm trying to both be pretty with my wording, and covering lots of details. Hopefully I can manage that and keep things interesting, such a balance would be ideal.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lord Saethos
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:09 pm

OOC: Okay, try to work out some more of my writing skills again. No promises on how long this one will be, have money stuff to do today, but will try my best folks.

The car slowly lumbered down the busy streets of Durelieus. There were hundreds of people running about, trying to get from place to place while avoiding getting wet, many carriages getting their passengers around the city, and of course a handful of cars. Automobiles have existed for about 35 years or less at this point, and are still a bit of a newness to a large part of Dalcaria's population, but they are starting to catch on, at least where there is money to buy them. James remembered there probably being only one car in his entire hometown when he was younger, and it was his family's. Of course, that poor old beast was probably destroyed along with the family home when House Black attacked. Pity too, he could remember his father promising to teach him to drive when he was probably only 7, and desperate to join the ranks of "the adults". Instead he was taught how to drive by a military organization. Still, probably a better memory of those boisterous, cheerful Royal Guards trying to teach him. Despite their favorite game of shouting "LOOK OUT!" whenever he looked away for a split second (a prank that didn't get old for perhaps two years), he did find those to be rather fond memories, even if they gave him small heart attacks in the moment.

As James passed the crowded streets, he had more than a fair share of salutes thrown his way, and of course obliged the people by returning with a salute too. He still isn't quite used to that. James has no trouble showing confidence while he does it, but the nagging question still is burrowed into his mind; 'Do they really support me?' One can't expect a hundred million people to pledge their swords and lives to you after only a year of course, but he truly needed that support if he was going to rebuild, and maybe grow, this Empire.

OOC: I think this one was a little better. Will try to add more later, when I'm done with money stuff, and homework. Hope you all like this one, I think it was a little less dry at the very least. And not just because of the rain.

Lord Saethos
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:22 pm

OOC: Just gonna continue where I left off more or less.

As the car drove along, traffic began to get a little heavier in the main roads, so the driver decided to take a back root. They continued along some of the semi-traffic heavy roads for about ten or fifteen minutes before getting to a more industrialized, impoverished part of the city, further West and North of where the mouth of the Tyvern River is. The car had to take one of the bridges over the river to get over to this side, and the roads they took were a lot more out of the way of where they should be going, but the driver was hoping to avoid traffic. As they made their way further down the streets, they drove past a scene, some police officers having what looked like a very serious talk with a group of very rough looking characters. One would think a gang at first, but you could tell by some of their choices of clothes that they were not "ruffians" at all, but rebels.

Before the Civil War ended, there was probably a dozen groups vying for power in the country, even some gangs decided to get involved and start backing different factions. But the rebels, well they were a bit different. They didn't like any of the major factions, not even James and the loyalists. Most of the rebels were, arguably, decent people, and some even supported James in the Battle for Durelieus. But many did not share their sentiments, and thought that the political structure of the country should be much, much different. The group here on this street obviously thought like that, as a large man with a buzz-cut, wearing a dirty white tank-top decided to make very clear. He raised a certain finger to the car when he realized who was inside, shouted a certain expletive towards a "you" (who was undoubtedly James), followed up by demanding the resignation of the person. His sentence was, as one might ironically expect, ended with "mate".

"Charming fellow isn't he sir." The driver said as a statement rather than a question. James said nothing in response, just stared out the window watching the police try to settle down this group, his face showing no real emotion. The car continued on, pulling down a few more side streets until finally they were on a main road again, heading directly towards the Intelligence Services.

When they finally arrived, James stepped out of the car and made his way inside of the Service. No doubt people were going to see him and know who he is, but that wasn't really a concern of his right now. Although on one hand his ties with the Services were partly discreet (and he preferred to keep them that way), work was more important to him right now than just image. And besides; it could put a little fear into the people who needed it. James gave his greetings (mostly formal), and without asking for permission, or waiting for it, made his way to the upper floors. One might call James arrogant, accuse him of acting like he owns everything in the Empire. In James's mind, he sort of does. And he has no time for politicians and ideologues who want to tell him otherwise.

Top floor. Time to play conqueror again.

Lord Saethos
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:22 pm

What is Dalcaria? It is a golden, bright shining sun creeping up from behind a snow peppered Whitehaven mountain...

Terrence Caldwell was not an old man, nor was he a young man at this point. He was in about his mid to late 40's, with salt and pepper hair, short facial hair, and creases and lines (forged from years of hardship and stress) that gave a slightly 'exaggerated' impression of his age. He was thumbing through documents laid over his office desk. Paperwork was the least satisfying sort of toil one could do with their hands, a sentiment many of the 'new' faces in the new Grand Chancellor's service felt. So many reports to get through, so little time. His Excellency was going to have to permit him more 'eyes and ears' to work with on this level, if they were ever going to hope to keep up with this kind of information traffic.

Right now his mind was in a thousand different places at once, as a thousand sets of 'eyes and ears' reported on essentially everything they saw. Couldn't be too careful when it came to House Black of course, and the Empire's many other enemies. What he was essentially learning was very little, though this was potentially better than the alternative where House Black uncovered some of his men and women in the field. The silver lining, unfortunately, was not an alternative for a clear day however.

One rumor had cropped up recently though, something only one agent reported, who also tried to stress a lack of certainty over the information. Something about a sort of 'restructuring' inside of House Black. Perhaps their High Command wasn't as unified as their operations seemed to indicate? Power struggles might be going on even? It was a lead that was worth looking into, especially because if there was some kind of internal struggle, the 'runt' of it is going to be desperate to find whatever he or she can to climb above that.

Terrence would pass that information on to His Excellency soon, but he felt there was a need for something more substantial to this first. Eliminating the leadership of House Black was going to be immensely important to wiping out the group, so this side of the war had to dealt with carefully and precisely.

OOC: Cut short again for class, gonna have to continue this when I get back. Also, I'm really gonna have to find some way to make paperwork look more sexy. Time for sexy secretary fan service?

Lord Saethos
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:21 pm

OOC: From now on doing my OOC stuff in another color. Even I'm starting to get lost with the layout of my posts, needs something to break it up a little better methinks. :| Any suggestions are greatly appreciated btw! Also, I think I may do dialogue in character colors, or perhaps I'll do paragraphs split into colors depending on who is mostly talking.
_________________________________________________________________________________

A ringing sound began to echo through the room as the intercom phone on Terrence's desk began to ring, and before letting the noise annoy him too much, Terrence answered.

"Yes?" He answered simply. The voice who responded was that of a younger woman, someone from the lobby of the building.
"Sir, His Excell-"

The door to Terrence's office was already opening before the young woman could finish. "Thank you Miss Derby, that will be all." He answered before abruptly hanging up. Grand Chancellor Airell stood before him, and without even waiting closed the door and sat down in front of Terrence's desk.

"Terrence," he spoke neutrally. "I do believe we have a problem."

There was a slow, almost pained response of a nod from Terrence. "Yes sir, I understand." Terrence indicated to his desk for a moment. "Since it seems as good a time as any to bring it up before we go further... I would appreciate some trusted assistance dealing with the information our specters are bringing to us. Not that it's the reason for our problem, but...

"Done." James responded swiftly. "Now let's discuss the information that's coming in Terrence." Taking a moment to look around the room and take things in a little, James continued.

"House Black has managed to evade capture at nearly every turn. The information we have on them is scarce, their 'footprints' are practically invisible, and they are able to strike at a moments notice, taking us by surprise on top of that I might add. Now I'm well aware they haven't captured any of our agents, you would have told me if they did Terrence, because thankfully you're smart enough for the job I've handed you. With that said I appreciate that our men and women have been kept safe, partly thanks to you. But simply put, we can't keep failing like this."

The tone in the Grand Chancellor's voice at the end was serious, and had a slight hint of anger hidden within it.

Terrence nodded again. "Sir, we've called in nearly everyone we can... Perhaps it would be possible instead to employ those person's of interest from Operation Question Mark?"

"No. I'm sorry Terrence, but that project remains under my control, period. The time to make use of that has not come yet. When it does, perhaps they might be able to assist in part for finding House Black, but as it stands I'm telling you no. We need to work with what we have, and not play this out prematurely."

Terrence was silent for a moment as he contemplated the issue. He was having a hard time being sure whether he should trust the Grand Chancellor on this, but he figured he didn't have a choice at this rate. "Well sir, as it stands, all I have is rumors to perhaps work on, but nothing that tells us where they are. So what is something else we can do?"

The look upon James' face changed, only slightly, but it somehow took on a suddenly dark look.

"Lie. Cheat. Steal. Break and enter. Terrence, I am done playing this game softly. People believe I have eyes and ears in every wall across the Empire. I am telling you now, you are now permitted to do whatever is necessary to make that a reality."

James leaned forward slightly. "Parliament would try to kill this if they ever caught wind, so I am giving you, and everyone else here loyal to me, total freedom to do what is needed, with no official strings attached."

"Sir, doesn't this go against some of the very privacy laws you passed? Some of the right you yourself have tried to guarantee for the people?" Terrence asked this in his own, neutral way. He knew this was all true of course, and to him it wasn't something he was morally against, but he wondered if the Grand Chancellor would really be okay with this.

James looked distant as he thought about it for a moment, a bit of reflection going through his mind as he contemplated not being able to change course after this.

"Do it Terrence. We've been losing the intel war with House Black for a year of trying to play nice. It's time to start winning. It's time to put the fear of us into every single jackboot psycho in every corner of the world. I want to start blocking these parasites from killing innocent people. By this time next year, I want them looking under their cots before they sleep, hoping they don't see one of us looking back. Are we clear here? By giving you free reign, can your agents do their jobs better Terrence?"

There was a moment of hesitation from the spy master, a moment to reflect just as the Grand Chancellor had to. Terrence took a small moment to study the face of James Airell, see what all emotions might be fueling these demands. All he could see was determination and ambition though. The signs of either a leader or a psychopath perhaps, though James certainly wasn't the one bombing trains.

"Yes Your Excellency. I believe we can do that. I must warn you that it will still take time to work our way up their chain of command, but at the very least perhaps we can start limiting further bloodshed. I must confess too, my feelings on this course of action are not clear, but I am of your mind that we've been left with only this option. I'll inform our agents immediately sir. I suppose we can now say the Battle of the Shadows has officially begun."

Lord Saethos
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:25 pm

OOC: Alright, been a LONG time since I was last here. Not sure exactly where to start yet, but I've decided I want to keep writing this, even if my writing needs to be improved. lol Consider everything here, at this point, my first draft. My writing might suck, but I can always fix that later. For now, I just need to do something worth fixing up.
_________________________________________________________________________________

James and Terrence had made there way back down to the lobby, making small talk with each other, as well as some of the agents as they passed by. There was a slight buzz of excitement around, either from the thrill of seeing the Grand Chancellor, or the anxiety of it.

Once back at the lobby, James and Terrence shook hands, saying there good-byes until shooting erupted from a corner of the room. It was Victor Smythe.

roleplay/dalcaria-forged-in-fire-and-blood/characters/victor-smythe

"JAMES! GET DOWN!"

James had a look of shock and confusion for a second as he turned to look towards the doors. Three men had entered the lobby, wearing white and carrying automatic rifles.

"Long live the True Chancellor!" That was all that was heard before they opened fire.

There was a heavy chattering of the rifles as James felt something slam into him and knock him into the ground. It was Victor.

Without saying a word, Victor flicked out a pistol, turned himself over, and began firing back at the attackers. The room had erupted into a firefight as both he, Terrence, and other agents fought to protect the Grand Chancellor, and themselves.

Before too long, two of the assailants were dead, and the third was wounded. He stood there for a moment, his gun on the ground, and a terrifying grin upon his face. "DEATH TO THE FALSE CHANCELLOR!" He shouted, raising a fist in the air. There was a small black device in his hand, with a noticeable button on the end. With a grin still on his face, he pressed it, and his body was ripped apart as an explosion filled the room.

James saw a bright light, and heard a loud, thunderous like crackle before both vision and hearing were impaired. He felt a body drop on him again, Victor who had been knocked over by the blast. After several long minutes, Victor was able to roll off the Grand Chancellor, who finally felt his sight and hearing returning to him. James stood up shakily, struggling for balance before both Terrence and Victor took his arms and helped steady him.

"What... Happened?" James managed in a dazed voice.

Terrence looked completely confused. "I- I have honestly no idea sir. I think House Black just attacked us?"

Victor, also dazed but relatively steady, shook his head. "No. That was not House Black." He nodded over towards the bodies. "White uniforms. House Black wouldn't be caught dead in that." There was a smirk before he looked back to Terrence. "And take a good look at their guns when you have a chance. Those stocks aren't made from Dalcarian wood. It's Lishundan."

The look of confusion only intensified on Terrence's face. "How in the world do you know that Mr. Smythe? You barely had a second to look at them, not even a Lishundan would have figured that out in that time!"

There was a look of uncertainty on Victor's face as he took a quick glance around the room, taking in the faces all around. Before he said anything else, Victor pulled James and Terrence to the side of the room, away from all the commotion as the agents began to secure the area, and shoo away the civilians that were starting to flock over to investigate. "Look, I know you don't all trust me quite yet, this is a paranoid time to be alive, and for good reason. But I've been investigating these people for a while now. I don't know much about them, other than they are not here on the continent. They're operating out of Lishunda."

Terrence was furious by now. "Alright, firstly Smythe, why are they operating out of there? Secondly who are they connected to? And thirdly why didn't you tell us about this BEFORE we were attacked and some of MY men and women were killed!"

There was a look of disappointment and regret on Victor's face as he looked around the room. A few people had died, many were injured. He hadn't wished for this. "Firstly, I don't know. Secondly, I don't know. And thirdly... I needed them to show themselves." He sighed for a moment before continuing. "Had I reached out to you before hand, I suspect they would have found out. They would have held off their attack, and waited for another moment to attack His Excellency. Now they've exposed themselves, and there is no way to hide this. I've called their hand, and now there is no going back. Now they cannot simply hide."

"And WHY was that worth the lives of my people Victor!" Terrence had shouted now, and agents were starting to take notice of the scene.

James placed a hand on Terrence's shoulder. "Terrence... Let him speak. Remember... This is war." He spoke solemnly.

With a slight nod to James, Victor continued. "Look, I don't know who these people are, but they do not like our Grand Chancellor. Had I tried to expose them myself too early, they would have simply hid again. Now that they know they are out in the open, and at risk of being hunted down, they need to work harder to accomplish their goals. This will make them more brazen, more open, and hopefully more vulnerable."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: That's all for right now! Will add more later, just wanted to get this piece out since it's important. Glad to have this out, hopefully it's more to people's liking than my past posts, but I will continue writing later. For now, I'm gonna relax a bit and maybe brainstorm a bit more. Cheers folks!

Lord Saethos
Member for 2 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saethos on Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:47 am

OOC: Been an even longer period of time this time! Definitely not what I had intended originally. Gonna keep puttering away at this though, if anyone is still interested in reading this, I hope you enjoy!

James kept a neutral expression, though his words came with some coldness. "So you've exposed yourself to them now Victor? Seems a bit unwise to expose yourself to an organization such as this. Surely there could have been a better way to handle this situation. Perhaps a way to keep me better informed."

Victor smirked slightly, though realized James was being more than reasonable in his concerns. "Your Excellency, what could I have told you? I know very little, even from what my contacts can tell me. I knew of the attack, but only a short while ago. Besides, informing you even of that ran the risk of sending them into hiding, and possibly putting my contacts needlessly at risk as well. Now they're out in the open, we have some scraps of information to follow a trail on. They will have no choice but to try harder now to kill you. They may be rearing their head for an attack, but they're exposing their underbelly to you."

Terrence could not hide his disdain for Victor in that moment. "This was a stupid gamble on your part playboy. You can't guarantee they will follow through with further attacks."

There was a sigh and nod of agreement from Victor. "You're right Terrence, I can't guarantee it. But I can guarantee you that this organization will be aware very soon of this failed attempt. I can guarantee you they'll expect the Grand Chancellor to fortify himself further, make it harder for people to kill him. I can guarantee you they will send more of their soldiers and loyalists to the continent, and that they'll try to recruit more of their people into every level of government they can. And I can guarantee you there will be a considerable amount of chatter going on across their organization right now." There was a wry smile on his face as he turned back to the Grand Chancellor.

"So this is the best opportunity to investigate and attack this organization that we know nothing about right now Victor." James responded coolly. "As much as I appreciate you trying to save me, what exactly are you trying to get out of this?"

"Your Excellency, I wish to see the people of our Empire, including Lishunda, safe and well looked after. As of right now, you're the best option to make that happen." He turned back to Terrence for a moment. "I want our Grand Chancellor to investigate this himself. No spies, no agents, nothing of that sort. Frankly, I think Grand Chancellor Airell is the only one we can trust with this."

The color began to drain from the spy master's face. "You're absolutely insane Victor. They just tried to gun him down in one of the most secure places in the Empire, and you want to send him into the viper's pit? Honestly, I can't even believe you'd say something so mad. You sound like you're working for them!"

"Terrence, please control yourself." James looked between both of the men as he considered his options. "So the idea is that this organization, whoever they are, are going to begin sending their men from Lishunda to the continent. So they'll be more undermanned in Lishunda, more spread out, and more vulnerable to interceptions of their communications. They could try to keep all their troops centralized to Lishunda, but that would risk exposure, and a full scale conflict with the Dalcarian army, which I suspect would not go well for them. Sending troops here would risk some exposure as well, but so long as they operate undercover, they would likely go unnoticed. Would give them time to build up for an assault on the palace, or at the very least to try to investigate other locations I could be at."

The Grand Chancellor went silent as he debated the best solution forward. "Going to Lishunda undercover would make it harder to find me. And if we build up defenses at the palace, and use some misdirection to lead them down dead-end trails looking for me, I might be able to locate their leadership and cut the head off the snake before they can gain any more power."

Terrence followed along, but was still concerned. "Your Excellency, while I agree there may be double-agents, traitors, and others of that ilk, this puts you in immediate danger, and without backup there's no realistic way to ensure your safety."

Victor chuckled to himself. "Oh, that's hardly a concern we need to have." He was already filling a pipe he had pulled out with tobacco, lighting it with a match that he tossed to the side.

James smirked as he looked between the two men. "Terrence, Victor, there's no need for either of you to concern yourselves with my safety, or my abilities. Terrence, I need you to take care of the subterfuge. The Grand Chancellor was attacked and is currently under emergency protection measures. He will continue to rule, but interactions will be restricted to key personnel and other approved persons. That is the 'official statement'. I'll get the necessary staff together to work with you on this."

He turned his gaze now to Victor. "You'll be providing me and Terrence with whatever information you and your contacts find about this group. I want to be constantly informed. We'll work together and compile the information we each gather and map out all the key people in this organization. Once we take them all out, they should fall apart, and even if it isn't that easy, we should have the information needed to hunt down most of their 'soldiers' afterwards. Is everything clear for the both of you?"

The two men nodded solemnly to their Grand Chancellor.

"Perfectly Your Excellency." Victor said with a grin that only mildly covered his exhilaration.

"By your command sir." Terrence stated with a loyal salute and a look of determination in his eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: Finally another post, after however long it's been since I last wrote. Definitely have bits of uncertainty over how well I feel I've written this, but I can always improve upon it later. This probably marks the end of the "intro", so looks like I can move on finally to more of the "meat" of the actual story. All of which I'm pretty much making up as I go along... Should be fun!

Lord Saethos
Member for 2 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!