Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

A Dangerous Engagement

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:33 am

He stepped past Aisak, nearing the machine before him. This wasn't a mobile suit, this was a work of art....and death. He had to see the cockpit, he had to pilot it. It wasn't something that would be submissive, it would be fate.

He stood at the foot of the suit, really unaware that he had walked towards it at all. His right hand snagged hold of the zipline, fingers tightening around it as it tugged him upwards to the cockpit. He released the line to drop against the cockpit door with a clank. He placed both hands against the spaces of the walls of the gundam as he stepped inside of it.

He took a seat in the cockpit, the door shutting on it's own....He wasn't sure if Aisak had closed it, but he definantly didn't. The systems fired up immediately....Something was different....Did Aisak have some type of remote control?

No, once his hands fell on those controls, it all became quite clear.....This suit had a purpose....not only in battle, but within him. This was more than just any weapon, this was his weapon, as if it was designed to suit him, and only him. The screen before him glew a bright blue as words began to span across it...

It seemed that the suit knew what it was made for and that it had been created, yet it didn't speak any words. It was as if it spoke inside his mind, but then again, it didn't. It knew the pain of his past and was ready to accept that of the future.

The factory then began to rumble....splitting the top of it before it fell around him. "Hmm, nice, disposable factory for easy exit, gotta' love it." he thought. It seemed the DSX was pleased as well, happy to finally be free.

The thing was, once the factory had dropped from around him, nothing was in view. The hyper jammers had instantly engaged. He then fired his verniers, lifting the suit upwards from the ground. He then flew upwards into a designated shaft. The hyper jammers endedas the area beneath him closed off and the suit exploaded outwards space....

It was already clear why it had done so...There were several mobile dolls set up outside of the Colony. Virgos of course, since they seemed to be the most produced suit of MO-V.

So, they've arranged a training session for me already, i'm game. How 'bout you DSX?

He almost expected the suit to signal it's approval by a beep, yet the retreval of the DTBS from it's back was answer enough. The DSX held the weapon before it as the blades soon ignited. The four blades sent off a masive glow into the midnight sky, igniting what it could.

The first Virgo flew inwards, continuously firing it's beam cannon towards his DSX. The shots seemed to be missing completely, but that couldn't have been so. The mobile doll programs were too smart for this...Yet, then it occured to him....They weren't missing, the DSX was moving on it's own...God....this was amazing..

He then took control of the suit, bringing it's active cloak down around it as he reengaged his hyper jammers. The Virgo floated there, seeming to be glancing around as two light green blades seemed to appear protruding through it's chest as they blurred upwards. The entire upper half of the Virgo was split in half before it even had time to acctivate it's planet defensors.

My GOD this suit was fast.....It was truly evident that he had never piloted anything this close to perfection. He didn't have long to enjoy his moment of bliss as the two remaining Virgos moved inwards in a wide sweeping motion. It seems that both had learned from their counterpart and they had their planet defensors presented as a shield before them.

He would've let his active cloak take the damage but it seemed like DSX had different plans. It whipped to the right and then to the left. It propelled itself on around the suit's, moving towards their backs so quickly that he almost lost conciousness in the cockpit due to the sheer force. Some incoherant death metal song began to blare of the cockpit speakers as DSX dropped it's scythe, aiming the tip outwards to the side of one Virgo that was just beginning to turn around and see the enemy at it's back.

All of the DSX's engines then fired in unison, blurring the mobile suit of black death past the Virgo. The extended scythe then followed after it, the blades ripping through the side of the Virgo to completely move through it, severing the upper half from the bottom.

The remaining Virgo retreated from the area, gaining enough distance to begin firing it's weapons again as he smirked in the cockpit.

Jus' one more, you up for it?

DSX's answer was the bursting of it's engines to move towards the Virgo. The Virgo continued it's spree of firing the beam cannon. DSX countered in part by blurring towards the right and left to weave around the shots. It seemed as if DSX had summed up it's enemies rather easily and was dead on with their faults.

Once he was within range of the Virgo, it's beam cannon had finally overheated. The DSX then bursted upwards from before it and came down with the scythe spinning in it's hand. The spinning motion of the scythe simply made it a spinning blur of death as he dropped from above. By luck the tip of two of the scythe's blade had went behind the defensor shield. They struck the back of the Virgo, ripping through it towards it's front to become visible behind the planet defensor's shield.

The defensors then failed, signaling that the Virgo had lost it's power, when he received a message from Kiyoshi...He sat there, his grip on the controls of the DSX tightening as he watched the video.....

He couldn't speak at this point and simply typed a single message to Kiyoshi as he called for a shuttle to meet him outside of MO-V.

The message read "Evacuate L3 Prime." The }{G comm then shut off, yet it's tracing ability still active.

The shuttle soon arived, encasing the DSX in it's cargo bay, instantly beginning it's trip towards L3 Prime. Kaden didn't make any attempts to exit the suit, he stayed within the cockpit. He didn't say anything....His eyes were also closed.....yet he resided in the cockpit as he thought of an old quote from a movie he'd seen when he was younger..believe that it'd sum this moment up jus' right......

"I'll stare the bastard in the face as he screams to God, and I'll laugh harder when he whimpers like a baby. And when his eyes go dead, the hell I send him to will seem like heaven after what I've done to him."

OOC: Kaden's actions will be continued in the topic "The Loss of a Colony" in L3.
Oº°‘¨The Southern Wind¨‘°ºO

(¯`·._)The Concrete Cowboy(_.·`¯)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:52 am

Kiyoshi looked at the message on his communicator. His eyes went wide. Kaden was going to go alone. Kiyoshi pulled himself up off the ground by putting his hands on the desk. He typed into the terminal again. The Virgo Kaden piloted was still on the Pegasus, still in a heavily damaged state.

He went with out a mobile suit!?

Kiyoshi pressed on the keypad hard and fast. He had great skills with computer because of what the Fre Foundation had put him through as a child. He sent the message to evacuate L3, and uploaded it so it would appear on all of the broadcast channels in L3. He hoped it work. His weak body again brought him down to his knees and as he came down he punched the floor.

Is it my fault that everyone is being pulled into this!?

Cloud - Get yourself off of the floor.

Kiyoshi looked up as he heard the voice. He tried to get himself up, but he had taxed his body too much. He was still exhausted. He stayed there on his knees, quiet. Kiyoshi tried to focus whatever energy he had left. Finally, he was able to get himself onto his feet, but had to use his hand against the wall, to prop himself up. Kiyoshi looked to Lori, as he slowly made his way back to his bed. He sat down weakly as he used his }{G communicator to issue and order to the bridge.

This is Kiyoshi, I am senior officer on this ship. Because of this I am taking command of the Pegasus, my orders are to get us to L3 as fast as possible...over.

Kiyoshi looked to Lori almost with a worried look. He then lowered his head as he put the communicator down on the nightstand.

How many more are going to suffer because of me?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

O_O

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:43 pm

Lori sat there silent and absorbed all of what Kiyoshi was saying. The idea that anyone would create a person just to help them take over was ridiculous and stupid, but what really appalled her was the part about Fiona Fre. How could anyone just play with someone’s emotions like that?! She was starting to open her mouth to respond when Kiyoshi had finished, but was cut off by a man rushing into the room.

Crewman - Oh...um...sorry to interrupt but we have an emergency!

Kiyoshi looked at Lori and Lori blinked in confusion and at losing her train of thought.

Kiyoshi - An emergency?

Crewman - We just got a message from the Fre Faction!

What?

Kiyoshi - Fre Faction!? Alright...I'll handle it, you can leave.

Against her protests, Kiyoshi got out of bed and accessed a message from the (stupid, idiotic) Fre Faction.

Winson - Hello, my dear friends on the Pegasus. I was just going to inform you that I, Lord Raphael Winson, leader of the Fre Faction, have something you just might care about.

Lori walked up behind Kiyoshi and put her hand on his arm as she watched in growing horror the images on the screen. Lori gaped as she observed her new friend in chains. This was not right. The injustice and cruelty bubbled through her mind until it made her sick.

Winson - As you can see, we have Miss Mia Sisarae, here in this lovely prison cell on L3. I'm sure I can think of something rather...devilish to do with her. Well, that is all...take care...
Winson began to laugh evilly s the message ended. Kiyoshi punched the wall.

How the hell did they get Mia!?

Lori remained speechless with anger and disgust. She felt as if she had been hit in the head several times with a very blunt object. A loud roaring sound was filling her ears and she neither heard or saw anything for long moments. She was trying, trying not to start raging, but it was getting difficult and her bad temper always did best her in the end. She caught Kiyoshi’s glance finally as he was leaned against the wall.

Kiyoshi - How many more are going to suffer because of me?

Lori snapped.

THAT IS SO IT. My brains have been overloaded. How freaking STUPID! WHAT THE FIZGIG! What is it with idiot people and obsessing on taking over the bloody world?! What kind of evil witch sits there and uses a guy--- I cant STAND people that just use others for their own benefit! AND NOW THIS?! What kind of evil creature kidnaps a bloody MEDIC?! There is no chivalry in the age! I SWEAR! I want to corner them all, strap them down into chairs, lecture them on the idea of “common courtesy” that is OBVIOUSLY NOT common, and make them watch political election re-runs for the rest of their lives!

Lori knew she never made much sense when she was raging, and usually she didn’t rage in front of other people, but it was really to late to shut up. She turned red and turned around in embarrassment.

Sorry about that. Uh, I should go.

She turned quickly to grab her MPB and fell very ungracefully on her back. She laid there feeling very. VERY stupid.

AH, bother.

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:04 pm

Kiyoshi blinked in complete confusion. He had heard some threats in his time, but nothing like that. He didn't understand the severity of such a threat, but he decided not to point that out. He looked at her on her back, and struggled to get himself up. He stood over her and held out his hand.

Don't worry...I'll handle this.

Kiyoshi smiled down at her as he helped her up.

You should probably atleast see what your dad wants...I mean he's probably ten times as worried since it's been so long since you have contacted him.

Kiyoshi could feel his strength slowly returning to him, but his weakness still showed in his eyes. He wanted his sunglasses. He wanted to cover his eyes, hide them for the world, like he always had. He looked at Lori for a long time. He didn't mean to stare, he was just trying to decide what to do. If he allowed her to stay here on the Pegasus, there was a chance that something could happen to her like Mia. Too many had already suffered because of who he was. He decided then and there, that whenever they did go back to Earth, assuming that's where her father was, he would take her back to him.

Kiyoshi finally let go of Lori's hand gently, and walked back to his bed and sat down. He didn't like the position he was in. Here he was, senior officer on the Pegasus, having to give out orders, Kaden went off the L3 to probably tear the place apart. Kiyoshi was able to guess that cause...well...that's what he would do in the situation, but even so...that didn't make it right. The people of L3 didn't need to suffer because of the Fre Faction, and in turn the reason for their suffering led all the way back to Kiyoshi. He was the fault for all of this. Eventually, he would have to give himself to the Fre Faction...whatever they wanted. Whether it was revenge for years ago, or some other diabolical reason, if it spared lives...he would have to do it.

Kiyoshi laid down in his bed feeling useless, hopefully, they could get to L3 in time. Hopefully, he'd be able to pilot the Virgo. Kiyoshi looked at Lori again. Hopefully, he could prevent anything happening to her.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:27 pm

Lori had just resigned herself to stay laying on the floor for the rest of eternity when a hand loomed into her vision.

Kiyoshi: Don't worry...I'll handle this.

Lori gave him a grateful and slightly embarrassed smile as he help her up. Here she was the medic being helped by her patient. How very ironic.

Kiyoshi: You should probably at least see what your dad wants...I mean he's probably ten times as worried since it's been so long since you have contacted him.

Nah, the worst he can do is send up Dammien or Kyo. He is afraid of space so he wouldn’t come up himself.

It finally hit her that he was still holding onto her hand. She blushed a bit and looked at his face to see him staring at her. She returned his stare with her own. His face was a mixture of emotion and she couldnt decipher what he was thinking about. He seemed worried and tired. She should make him lie down and go back to sleep, but she doubted that he would do that. Not with what was going on now. A sudden thought occured to her as she stared at him and she used the hand not being held to rummage through her purse. She pulled out a pair of sunglasses that she had made back in her house at home. She had decided to make something random out of all the spare mechanical parts she had lying everywhere around her house and thus constructed this pair of very mechanical sunglasses. She had thought they were very cool looking using random silver parts and black wires connecting from the jet black frames to twist around to the back. She handed them to him.

Here, I know your other ones were lost. You can have these if you want.

She winked at him.

It's not good to lose ur trademark.

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:55 pm

Kiyoshi smiled as he looked down at the sunglasses that were in his hands. He stared up at the ceiling as he laid in his bed and slid them on. He felt more like himself, already.

One day, maybe I won't have to hide these eyes from the world, but for now...I think I'll keep my trademark.

Kiyoshi sat up in his bed and looked at Lori, and realized he barely knew anything about her. It wasn't the best time to get to know someone, but Kiyoshi wanted to keep his mind off of the situation as much as possible at this moment.

So, what's your father got against space, and who are these two guys you talk about, and how did you end up being a medic, and...?

Kiyoshi stopped himself. He was never good at talking to girls in the first place, and here he was rambling away questions.

Sorry for asking so many questions...

Kiyoshi was glad he had a new pair of sunglasses, it helped to hide his embarrassment.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:49 pm

Kiyoshi: So, what's your father got against space, and who are these two guys you talk about, and how did you end up being a medic, and...?
Lori sat back down on her chair. Where did she start? She waved Neko521 away from her ear and settled her MPB(multi purpose bag) on her lap. She was glad for his questions - they were a good way to help her calm down from recent events.

Kiyoshi: Sorry for asking so many questions...

MMmmmmm, dont be silly! My dad... he is brillant, and with that came incredible phobias. He is afraid of space because of the lack of air - he always pictures something happening and the air disspearing and mass devasation. He is even so afraid that he bulit his house underground. It could be really funny if it wasnt so disturbing. Ah, well anyway. My dad -

Lori paused and considered this in confusion for a moment.

Oops, I forgot. My dad is the head of the S.A.R. Which is the Specialized Android Robotics company. So, he makes all kinds of robots and androids - which brings me to the two guys. Dammien is an android- probally the most advanced protoype there is, and Kyo? Kyo is just Kyo. They are probally my best friends on Earth. Pretty sad, right?

She gave him a lopsided grin and ran a hand through her hair.

About the whole medic thing? Mmm, its not really my thing I suppose - but ...
She stopped and looked away.

I... dont like death. Especially not slow deaths - that is just cruel.

She didnt like this topic - it was forcing back bad memories that she had always repressed with a smile. A soft voice came into her mind.

Voice: Running away from your problems is like falling headfirst into a endless pit - neither helps and both go on forever.
Last edited by Lori Sakura on Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:29 pm

Kiyoshi could tell the topic was bothering her, so he tried to change the subject.

Well, I'm glad you did become a medic, or else I'd probably would have never met you.

Kiyoshi smiled at Lori, but then the smile faded.

If you don't like death...you're probably going to want to leave. There's going to be a lot of it from this point onward.

Kiyoshi sighed and took off his sunglasses to look at Lori.

If you end up wanting to go back to Earth, once we're done in L3, I'll take you back.

Kiyoshi looked at Lori almost hoping for an answer that she didn't want to go back, but at the same time, he wondered if it wouldn't be for the best to go ahead and get her back to Earth. She'd be safer there. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to wait until the }{G had to go to Earth. He could take a shuttle down there and make sure she was safe then come back to the Pegasus.

Plus, I don't want to put you into anymore danger.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:39 pm

A crewman walked into Kiyoshi's room again.

Crewman - We've neared L3, sir.

Kiyoshi stood up and put on his sunglasses.

Time to go to work...I'm heading to the bridge. If you need me, I'll be there.

OOC: To be continued in the L3 topic here: http://gwing.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4412#4412

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.