Dani's Drawings and Doodles

a topic in The Artist's Cafe, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Have some artwork to share? Share it here — and feel free to ask for commissions!

Dani's Drawings and Doodles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:00 pm

With my new found freedom, I want to get back into drawing. My fiance forced me to start a comic that I've been meaning to start for a while this past weekend, about my life through the eyes of my fish. I've just been sketching fish in different positions, trying to come up with how to write the story.

But anyway, I found these pictures on my computer that I forgot I had scanned in, so I thought I'd go ahead and upload them. Hopefully I can post stuff each week and get some pointers from you all.

These were drawn in November of last year apparently. I have so many drawings and doodles though. I am getting books from the library each week to practice and get better. I'll try to post more soon and hopefully show improvement. =D
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Re: Dani's Drawings and Doodles

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driney on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:02 pm

Nice. I like them. I wish I could draw like that. I liked the top one a lot.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Driney
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Thanks. ^_^

I like the top page better, too. I am particularly proud of the girl in the bottom right, the one in the foreground.

It's comments like yours that makes me want to draw more. =D

I was going to go home and finish cleaning today after work. I may just doodle instead!

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby iamsheena on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:12 pm

I think they're good overall.

I just think the first picture with the full girl is a little awkward in that her body seems to get smaller as we reach the feet (broad shoulders but a really small rest of body). And also in the second pic, the red girl's head seems to be too big for her body.

But as I said, overall, they are great drawings ... maybe I should upload some of my own ...

:]

iamsheena
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Yeah, I noticed that, too, sheena. As I said, I hope I've improved since then. My fiance has been helping me out, since he's an amazing artist.

And yes, you should definitely post some work of your own. I'd love to see it. I try to learn by looking at other people's work. =D

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Driney on Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:22 pm

Aww shucks. Doodling is much, much, much better then cleaning. =D I am a neat freak but I will admit that. (I am a weird kind of a neat freak though. I like everything perfectly organized but I myself hate cleaning. Organizing is alright but cleaning. *Shudders*)

Driney
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DJAtomika on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:11 am

Dani!

Anyways, your doodles are nice. The round heads are kinda cute. Your first lady, the one you drew in blue, that's the most realistic of the lot.

For I, am The Darkness...

DJAtomika
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:07 pm

Me likes!!!! I like the girl holding her arm close in the second picture. She stands out more to me.
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!