Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

DarK PinK SKY

DarK PinK SKY

a part of “DarK PinK SKY”, a fictional universe by Seijichan.

In the future, war has caused the world's elite to retreat within a protected city called Eden. After seven years, a contraceptive drug was released to control population, backfiring when a number of children were born with strange powers and appearances.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “DarK PinK SKY”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

DarK PinK SKY

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijichan on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:11 pm

…at the end of the artificial paradise…
d a r k p i n k s k y
…deep, deep at the Earth’s bottom….

…The Paradise of Light and Shadow…

Levels upon levels of nothing but blinking lights and metallic, chrome-covered everything. The higher you go, the more expensive things are. That’s because the higher you go, the closer you are to the sky; and no one has seen the real sky in over fifty years. Pollution and toxic warfare made the Earth’s natural atmosphere too dangerous for humans, and the answer was simply to build a new sky, which doubles as a protective barrier from any outside objects. The name of the city is Eden, originally a paradise for the social and financial elite created in the middle of Neo Tokyo, after North Korea began to attack relentlessly to gain control over their technology development. We had been prepared for this outcome, and a world summit was the front for gathering all the world’s important political figures within Neo Tokyo; big name stars were flown off in their private jets, and when all who were listed were accounted for, the barrier was sealed and Eden was booted up into full swing.

In fifty years, Eden has become the most technologically advanced city in the world. Most people work for FRA Technologies, owned by the Fuji, Reisi, and Aikawa families; and that’s whether they want to or not. Thirty percent are drafted into special schools to train for the research and development jobs. Twenty percent are in the greenhouses working with agriculture to feed the city—FRA helped develop the cloning method used on the livestock to produce meat as fast as we can consume it. Ten percent work for Van Gould Construction, always looking for new ways to expand for bigger living quarters and more comfortable lifestyles. Another ten percent are medical professionals or officers of the law—either in policing or military. Sixteen percent of us are in the markets, selling homemade, contraband, or illegal items to scrape by. Six percent are political figures—we now live in a monarchy, ruled over by Lord Suoh and his family; reign will soon be passed on to Suoh’s son, and everyone is just a little nervous of what changes he intends to make. Then… the remaining eight percent… we call them Sweepers. Formally, they’re called Hunters, which is actually a little bit worse. It’s their job to keep the street clear of any… mutants.

Seven years after Eden was sealed off from the rest of the world, the population skyrocketed. As a result, the developers in the medical field created a contraceptive drug called BLUcycle, an intrauterine birth control that would defertilize eggs as they passed from the fallopian tubes and into the uterus. It needed to be changed once a year, and it took mere minutes to remove and replace. It was required for every woman over the age of thirty, and highly recommended for women over nineteen; because it was so convenient, of course many young women decided to give it a try. Why not? It was virtually risk free. However… many eggs were tainted by BLUcycle, creating what our society calls “Mutants”. The medical sector recalled the contraceptive immediately and apologized for the inconvenience, promising to reconfigure the current prototype until they had found something more effective. Some believed them. Others believed that the number of mutants born wasn’t at all coincidental, as many of the children grew to develop offensive powers—perhaps, could the military be influencing the medical sector into creating the beginning of a small army? When this opinion grew in popularity, suddenly the mutants because the bane of Eden’s existence; the Hunters were formed to extinguish them from the city, forcing most of them to hide out in the Downtown, the lowest area in the city, where bits of Neo Tokyo still stand, built upon by Van Gould’s ever-upward company. Now, a group of resistant mutants have formed, calling themselves KNIGHTS, and are led by a King, who is elected into power every few years. The current King has been elected six times, which is a new record. But maybe it's because he's so effective keeping his people from the Sweepers... and even worse, captured as slaves by the elite looking for sport.

Mutations
ALL MUTANTS MUST HAVE THREE OR MORE

GUISE: Changes the colour of the hair and eyes, usually to a bright colour. Most common are purple and green, least common is blue and white. 1 in 3 mutants has this.

MASQUE: Creates natural coloured markings on the body, most commonly the face and chest. Usually black, but occasionally other colours as well.

SYNC: Gives the ability to hear the different rhythms of peoples’ souls, and the unique melodies of each of the mutants. 1 in 3 mutants have this.

POLYGRAPH: Gives the ability to see whether or not people are lying, and is unable to be turned off.

SCOUT: Gives the ability to hear peoples’ thoughts, and is unable to be turned off.

SYLPH: Gives the ability to use the atmosphere as a weapon by moving it in the form of a blast of air. With practice, can be controlled in terms of strength and size.

EMISSARY: Gives the ability to speak any language. Very rare.

ECHO: Gives the ability to listen to and record any sound or voice, then replay it out loud later. Storage space varies. Uncommon.

MIRROR: The ability to change particles to reflect different colours of light to create illusions. Can be used on objects or self, though self requires extensive training.

UNDINE: Similar to Sylph; the ability to manipulate water, and with enough training, any liquid substance. Higher levels may conjure water by manipulating particles.

IGNITE: The ability to create flames by creating friction between particles. Higher levels can create large explosions.

SPARK: The ability to conduct electricity from within one's own body. [Credit: AvalonKnight]

CLOAK: This is the ability to change the colour and texture of one's skin to blend into the environment. It is excruciatingly painful and extremely exhaustive, so it should only be used in dire circumstances. Does not change clothing or other material on the body. [Credit: NeonBursts]

***PLEASE NOTE*** The mutations are not restricted to what's in this list. If you have an idea of your own, please PM me the details and name, and I'll work with you to make it RP appropriate if need be. It will be added to the list, and you will be credited. Please remember, though, that any mutations in the list may be used by any player to keep the number of rare mutations limited.
Last edited by Seijichan on Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Flipping over a table in anger: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Putting the table back nicely: ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)

Throwing the guy who put the table back nicely: (╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seijichan
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: DarK PinK SKY

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leej10100 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:46 pm

May I reserve a sync and an Emissary. If I'm not allowed to have both can I just reserve a Emissary?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Leej10100
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijichan on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:07 pm

Each mutant can have three or more of the mutations, so go ahead. ^w^

Seijichan
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:17 pm

This to looks really interesting! Hands down, you have an awesome mind.

Moving along... Id like to reserve a sweeper if you wouldn't mind

Maybe we can recall someday, and meet again

FuyuHana
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spottedclaw59 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:23 pm

I was wondering, for the Echo mutation does that mean like mimicking a person's voice?
And great idea for a rp :3 I was interested instantly X3
ImageImage

Spottedclaw59
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijichan on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:39 pm

@All: Okay, my PMing seems to not be working, so until I can get this straightened out, please post all questions here. Thanks!

@Fuyu: Why thank you~ *bows deeply* You may definitely do so~

@Spotteh: Yes, the character would be mimicking the exact sound that they recorded. Shall I reserve for you?

Seijichan
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spottedclaw59 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Yes please :3 Though I was wondering if we could get more then 3 mutations?

Spottedclaw59
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijichan on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Of course. Just don't go overboard. ^w^

Seijichan
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Leej10100 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:52 pm

Okay ^^ Can I reserve a mutant.

Leej10100
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Why your welcome! And thanks for the reservation!

Though, I have run into some trouble with my character as I can only find a single picture that will work well for her (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`) If allowed, may I only use on picture?

If not, I can always find another FC! No worries!

FuyuHana
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijichan on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:16 pm

@Lee: There you are~

@Fuyu: Just one is okay. If you find more, you can always add them in later. I'm having the same problem with Yuu right now. I wanted to use Gilbert Nightray for his FC, but my boyfie used Gilbert as one of his characters years ago, on an RP that's still active, so I thought it might be awkward. But no one else seems to have the right pictures. ; ^;

Seijichan
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:57 pm

Awesome! Thanks a lot! And GILLLLLLLL ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

And yeah, I know the feeling. I've been trying to decided between two FCs, and I finally chose one after a debate for an hour! I could only get one picture for both because other ones either portrayed her personality wrong, or just don't look... correct (  ̄д ̄;)

But I will add in more pictures if I find proper ones! (Working on making the rest other than the picture now)

FuyuHana
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AvalonKnight on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:11 pm

Hello i would like to make a mutate.
But could i make one with a 'SPARK' mutation which is the ability to conduct electricity within the body? Kinda like Hei from darker than black if u hav ever seen it.
A V A L O N K N I G H T
~ We are born. We die. Somewhere in between we live. And how we live is up to us. ~

AvalonKnight
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijichan on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:28 pm

@Avalon: Yup, go ahead. I'll add that to the list. Remember to also choose two more mutations, as every mutant has three or more. Thanks.

@Fuyu: Lawl. I love all your little emotes. *pets em all*

Seijichan
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spottedclaw59 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Okay, my characters up X3 Sorry if I messed with the layout a bit, It was confusing for me. Also, for the history tell me if anything isn't good. I just went wild with it since I didn't know what to put. ^.^

Spottedclaw59
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apocalyptic_Tea on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Edit: Sorry, ignore this!
Last edited by Apocalyptic_Tea on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apocalyptic_Tea
Member for 9 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Why thank you. Here is another one for your satisfaction ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

Anyways... putting away those faces... I finished my character! Rei is finally complete after all that hard work! (✌゚∀゚)

I actually do have a question if you wouldn't mind answering; about the Position part, I'm slightly confused to what answer we're supposed to put down?

(Oh yeah, and tell me if I did anything wrong because I'd hate to ruin the plot in my character!)

FuyuHana
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seijichan on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:21 pm

...BAHAHAHA! Yes. Position. You can take that right out, actually. The skelly was originally made to be used in a Yaoi RP, so "Position" would be, like, in the sack. Dominant or Submissive. BUT, since this was actually supposed to be more drama than romance, we really don't need that. I forgot to take it out and didn't realize it until it was too late. Then I got lazy and basically said, "Fuck it. They'll figure it out." Lawlz.

Seijichan
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FuyuHana on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Ah, Ah, Ah, I see, I see now. Lol, my confusion has been solved. ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

At first I was reading down the skelly and I find- 『Position: 』

"Oh, that must mean like Sweeper or something-"

『 Role: (Sweeper, Human, Mutant, Etc.) 』

"Oh, that must mean- ...Wait. What."
((((;゜Д゜)))

FuyuHana
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Spottedclaw59 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:17 am

Quick Question, for the posting layout can we change the size of the words? Cause it's really small since it's less than 100.

Spottedclaw59
Member for 9 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!