Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

G'day

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions, Arrivals, and Departures, a part of the RPG forum.

New (or returning) members post here to announce your arrival and be greeted by our wonderful community. Also, if you're going away on leave, post here and we'll say our goodbyes.

G'day

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mordeth on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:57 pm

new user, from australia.
intrested in FFRPG's
willing to play in most non anime games.
looking for games to keep me amused/ involved.
i hope to be involved in the forum for a long while.
i am a little bit of a lurker if there is nothing going on but hey, i am generally not abusive.
looking to create/develop characters
please point me in the right direction.

*edit*
is there a guide to how the site works? how do we join in rpgs? do we create a sigle character and put it in the character forum, or do we create a character for each game? do you have a place that defines rpg terms? what are the kinda characters that should be avoied, aside from allpowerfull, and completly innappropriate? are there any SLA industries games on the site?
please help.
Danger!! reality compromised.
the clown has been engaged

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mordeth
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Re: G'day

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:06 am

Hey there-

Welcome to RolePlay Gateway. You aren't from AL by chance are you? Anyways, I think this link the-gwing-user-manual-mods-please-expound-t7.html should help you out a bit. If there's an RP you like, feel free to PM the creator and ask if you can join. You create a character for each rp since they're not really connected in any way. I'm unsure what SLA industry games are, so I don't think we have 'em here. If you have any more questions after reading that link, feel free to ask any of the staff around.
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mordeth on Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:52 am

thanks for pointing that out to me i missed it when browsing through the forums.
SLA industries is an RPG created by nightfall games a while back, i was mainly curious if it had been heared of here or was being run here. but we can adapt easy enough.

what is AL? sorry.

how does the entire creating a history for the character work? is this a fictional history created before the game begins? one that is revealed as the game progresses? or does the game become part of the characters history when it travels into the multivers?
can characters from other segments of the forums (fantasy/futuristic /etc) enter the multiverse at the end of a game?

i will browse through the library more.

Mordeth
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:14 am

The character history thing depends a little on how you play, and the requirements of the game creator or administrator. Usually you would need a basic sketch outline of a character's back story, why they are where they are, some history. Then after that things come out in the game, often things in the game inspire the creation of the character story. Sometimes that will be to fit with plot lines sometimes it is just personality building things.

The best thing is to look at some of the profiles posted in the Profiles section for some idea of the type of things that are used.

Multiverse id pretty much of a catch-all so yes you can more or less take anything there.

And welcome to the site.

Grim

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 12 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:27 pm

Histories in the "Multiverse", or as it is now named, the "Metaverse", are held true specifically to the character. If you're familiar with quantum mechanics, you can use the same principles of uncertainty and absolution to define what happened at any point in time during the metaversal timeline.

That probably confused you even more. So - I'll put it on my agenda to actually write something about how the metaverse works.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:22 am

Welcome to RPGateway. ^^ Guess everyone else answered your questions so I will just welcome you. ^_^

Aelita
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.