Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dead Soul

Dead Soul

a part of “Dead Soul”, a fictional universe by PaperCoversRockB*tch.

"Forever cursed, forever damned. There is no hope for what you have wrought and it will bring about the darkness as the light guiding you slowly flickers out." This is Dead Soul.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dead Soul”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Dead Soul

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PaperCoversRockB*tch on Fri May 10, 2013 5:46 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Dead Soul"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PaperCoversRockB*tch
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Dead Soul

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockerr69 on Fri May 10, 2013 7:07 pm

It looks like someone likes Dark Souls...
I think I'll take up the Paladin role if it's fine, I'll submit a character sheet in a little bit...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

rockerr69
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PaperCoversRockB*tch on Fri May 10, 2013 7:36 pm

I heard that was good, but I never actually got around to playing it. My character was inspired by the Protagonist shown in the Dark Souls 2 trailer, though. I was mostly inspired by traditional pen and paper roleplays from the 90's. I've been able to finish different variations of this story on other websites, but each site is different so I don't know if it will generate interest.

PaperCoversRockB*tch
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockerr69 on Fri May 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Really? It's worth a play-through or two if you can get over dying hundreds of times until you get the mechanics right, then it's incredibly fun. There are a couple more parallels I can see in the lore and factions, but I guess it's not like it's exactly the same.
It's a shame though, I was going to ask if I could create a giantdad character...

Well, I'm interested, but let's wait and see if you can get a couple more people to join.

rockerr69
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PaperCoversRockB*tch on Sat May 11, 2013 1:25 pm

I've been scouring through the OOC and it seems it might be difficult to generate interest. Over the last couple years, it seems most websites have a pretty steady focus on school and teen drama based roleplays.

PaperCoversRockB*tch
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hyperewok on Sat May 11, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm definitely interested, just won't have the time to type up the application for a day or two. I have a scholarly mage type that I think would work well here

Hyperewok
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockerr69 on Sat May 11, 2013 7:56 pm

PaperCoversRockB*tch wrote:I've been scouring through the OOC and it seems it might be difficult to generate interest. Over the last couple years, it seems most websites have a pretty steady focus on school and teen drama based roleplays.

Yeah, I've noticed that, but fantasy and sci-fi roleplays tend to attract better quality players in my experience. You don't need too many players to get an RP going and sometimes you get a bunch of new characters once the story's picked up speed.

I guess I'll sit about reading Terraformars until everything's ready to go...

rockerr69
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Sun May 12, 2013 5:30 pm

Thought I might join this. Threw in a character sheet, by the way.

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PaperCoversRockB*tch on Sun May 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Well, that's two more and thanks for the interest. I will wait a day for one more person to hopefully join, but if not we will continue forward with four.

PaperCoversRockB*tch
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockerr69 on Wed May 15, 2013 3:33 am

So, are we going to start with what we have, or no?

rockerr69
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PaperCoversRockB*tch on Wed May 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Yeah, I just posted the opening post.

PaperCoversRockB*tch
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaodow on Thu May 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Well you'll have one more as soon as my profile is accepted

Shaodow
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PaperCoversRockB*tch on Fri May 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Alright, once Shaodow posts we'll continue on.

Be advised, I will create leaps in time in order to move the story forward. How many times have you been in an rp and the "team" stops in a town and end up never leaving because it dies during the stay? Know that this is not going to hinder character interaction nor roleplayer control. I just don't want it to be fifteen posts between each major plot location.

PaperCoversRockB*tch
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaodow on Sat May 18, 2013 7:17 am

Due to the nature of my character I think it's more appropriate that I wait until the other characters get much deeper into Dead Root before I start posting with him.

Shaodow
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockerr69 on Sun May 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Shaodow wrote:Due to the nature of my character I think it's more appropriate that I wait until the other characters get much deeper into Dead Root before I start posting with him.

Makes sense.

My post may be really shitty but hopefully it'll get us moving along since posting's kinda stopped.

rockerr69
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PaperCoversRockB*tch on Mon May 20, 2013 4:48 pm

Sorry about the delay, my hours at work this past weekend were brutal. A time leap to night will occur tomorrow afternoon (real life tomorrow afternoon).

PaperCoversRockB*tch
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockerr69 on Mon May 20, 2013 5:46 pm

PaperCoversRockB*tch wrote:Sorry about the delay, my hours at work this past weekend were brutal. A time leap to night will occur tomorrow afternoon (real life tomorrow afternoon).

It's fine if you're busy, I've just got way too much time on my hands with my sparse college classes...

I think I'm gonna enjoy being unnecessarily cruel to Ceulan, he's just too uptight.

rockerr69
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaodow on Wed May 22, 2013 4:39 pm

Ok I posted, but it's from the point of view of a character I invented in the heat of the moment so I'll have to make a character sheet for him, I plan on introducing my demon character through this character now. Ideally one of your characters will already be pretty knowledgeable about the demon already, and will be able to recognize him through the little description my phantom character's ( phantom because he is unnamed and unmade at the time I posted this ) vision. You'll understand what I mean by his vision if you read my post in it's entirety. I know it's pretty lengthy but the whole scenario just came to me without warning, it practically wrote itself.

Shaodow
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby rockerr69 on Wed May 22, 2013 7:27 pm

Bleah, I figure that if Ceulan traveled with a wandering priest and grew up in a monastery he must have seen one or two wounds in his time if the covenant is akin to western religions institutions which hospitality and care to anyone who were to seek it, which is why he handles this so smoothly and can make those deductions. And he could have seen a little combat on the road (though not much as he's already said his journey's been a cakewalk)...

Or maybe he reads detective novels, I dunno...

rockerr69
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaodow on Wed May 22, 2013 8:28 pm

well demon in this case is just a higher form of monster so religious background wouldn't make him more qualified than the other characters.

Furthermore I disagree with the way he's handling things; he's only just met this group yes? I don't think it's right for you to have him immediately take a commanding role, it would be more appropriate to sit back and wait or try to assist, not command. There are warriors in the group that the merchants have been relying upon for safety the whole travel, it would make more sense for one of them to take command of the situation.

I'm not saying I don't like and that you should change your post though, just to be clears, but you should consider those things next time. The way certain characters react to situations and interact is critical for realism in a rp. But you've been a member for 3 years, I guess I shouldn't try and lecture, but your post seemed hasty.

Shaodow
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!