Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Deadly (Anyone wanna be a Sin?)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Deadly (Anyone wanna be a Sin?)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GenericUserName on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Basically, this boils down to me trying to see if anyone wants to join this!

So here we go!

Deadly

Divine City. This place is the top of the world, the biggest of the big, the baddest of the bad. Who wouldn't want to live in such a place? People travel from all over, just to see a touch of gorgeous architecture, a splash of bright lights. Face it, everyone wants to live in Divine City.

Of course, getting there is a bit of an issue. Divine City is beautiful, yes, but that's only on the outside. The inside is corrupt. The Virtue Chair, a seat of seven government agents, make sure to keep the humans who live in their fine city under control. You pay expensive taxes, work with who you're assigned to work with, do as your told. If you don't, you'll find yourself branded. Once your branded, you'll be forced to the lowest part of Divine City...

Sin.

The lights fade there. The pristine, white buildings become old and rusted. The roofs cave, the people are ill. There's nothing about Sin that can be considered a beautiful place. The people who live there are the ones that can't afford the glamor of Divine City, that or the criminals who went against the Virtue Chair.

But maybe Sin isn't all bad.

There's a small gang called Deadly the roams the streets of Sin. Each of them have been branded, they're committed a crime, done something wrong, and they know it. The leader of Deadly has been cooking up a plan for his revenge since he founded the small group.

It's about time someone showed the Virtue Chair that people do what they want.

So basically:
You play as one of this gang called "Deadly." This is a bit rough right now, and I'll make it look pretty, but this is what it is right now. There will be seven spots (maybe plus a few more, depending on the interest) for players. Of course, the spots will be the seven deadly sins: Pride, Greed, Gluttony, Wrath, Sloth, Lust, and Envy. The whole thing will be loose-ish, with Pride being the leader of the group and the rest of the group calling positions.

It should be pretty fun... owo If anyone's interested, can you tell me? I'd really like to do this one, but don't want to if I can't get all seven sins!
"If one is born in a world that creates insanity, does being normal make them mad? Or is it those who fit in with the society that are the crazy ones? What is normality? What is insanity? If twins are such a rare occurrence in one world, does it make them strange, when they are so common in another? If a man grins all of the time, but others do too, does that make him a freak? There is only one freak, and that is the man that stands alone... Don't you agree?"

"Freakshow?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

GenericUserName
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Deadly (Anyone wanna be a Sin?)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LockandKey on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:29 pm

What's the goal of the gang, and what will the game be about? It seems like you've got an interesting setting and an outline for characters, but I'm not clear on what the objective is.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LockandKey
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GenericUserName on Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:46 pm

The objective should be relatively freeform, depending on the characters own personal goals. However, there will be more plot elements coming in with the Sins attempting to take down the government as well as key figures and other gangs.

Overall, it's a get the big bad type thing. Take down the government.

GenericUserName
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Syaqeera on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Maybe, just maybe I might join if I don't feel like a lazy mofo to create profile if this idea gets created XD

Syaqeera
Member for 11 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ImpliedDominion on Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:50 am

Sounds pretty cool, I'd be interested!

ImpliedDominion
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby phoenixheart on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:42 am

Yep yep, sign me up

phoenixheart
Member for 11 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GenericUserName on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:24 pm

roleplay/deadly-correction

Alright! It exists!

GenericUserName
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fonkyomom on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:09 pm

sounds like a cool idea, but I can't really see myself joining it unless you can anssswer thhe question in the first post with something more concrete. freeform doesn't sound promising. That sounds like a bunch of meaningless post because people aren't sure what they should be doing or why.

fonkyomom
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!