Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Deadman's March

Deadman's March

a part of “Deadman's March”, a fictional universe by AtlasAtrium.

A treacherous journey awaits after death, for one who is so eager to cling to life. This is the story of those who have died and foolishly agreed to be resurrected.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Deadman's March”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Deadman's March

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Wed May 01, 2013 12:18 am

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Deadman's March"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Re: Deadman's March

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed May 01, 2013 6:19 am

Alright this one has me interested. Now I just have to figure out which character I'm brain storming up to use.\

[edit] By the way, would you accept a character that's "the son of a witch and an ogre"?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Wed May 01, 2013 6:36 pm

The witch part I have no problem with, but ogres wouldn't really be a part of civilization here, at least not in the starting country. If you make the character origin outside of Shevasse, then I guess it'd be fine, but I'd like to keep anomalies to a minimum.

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Person of Interest Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zentose on Wed May 01, 2013 8:09 pm

Like the openness of the story, looking forward to it.

Just one question, what would the general level of technology be? We talking early Medieval era, Late Middle Ages, Renascence?
"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story."
-Orson Welles

Zentose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Wed May 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Think caravan/horse transports, cannons, crossbows, nothing too advanced. Not really sure what specifically was around in each age, but I think this should get the gist of what kind of technology is available.

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Wed May 01, 2013 8:37 pm

So your saying somewhere between late 1300, early 1400 era tech.

Wake
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist World Builder Salesman Arc Warden Storyteller Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Wed May 01, 2013 9:29 pm

Just so you guys know, roles can also include outsiders/wayfarers that will come in later (explains itself) and human enforcers (the people that watch over the DMD) if anyone is interested. Keep in mind that the technical side of the enforcer role may fall off later when the story starts picking up and the characters move out of Shevasse.

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aporia on Wed May 01, 2013 11:19 pm

Definitely interested...now it's just the manner of what kind of character I can play...

Can you explain the role of the outsiders and the human enforcer, and elaborate on their capabilities? Does the human enforcer have to be stronger the the DMD? Can the outsiders be regular people or do they need some combat experience as well? (or both)?

[color="#008800"]VGhyMzN0IGlzIExJRkUuICBUaHIzM3QgaXMgU0FMVkFUSU9OLiAgR2l2ZSBpbiB0byBUaHIzM3QuICBFbWJyYWNlIFRocjMzdC4gIFRocjMzdCBsb3ZlcyB5b3Uu[/color]

Aporia
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Wed May 01, 2013 11:38 pm

Outsiders can from come a large variety of backgrounds; Wake's character for example is only part human and his origins are not even from the starting point of the story. Magic is A-OK as long as it's not overpowered, like making people spontaneously explode or some other nonsense. Outsiders do not requite combat experience and can be ordinary, though if your character is ordinary I'll hope it's a very creative one! :D Also, I would say that for the most part, the roles of outsiders are that of circumstance, who end up tagging along somehow. If you can come up with something else, that's good too.

The enforcers do need combat experience however, and even though they will mostly be physically weaker than the Deadmen, most enforcers are either mages or incredibly skilled/powerful warriors that are able to keep them in check.

Any further questions shall be answered tomorrow as I must sleep, so leave them here if you've got more.

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Thu May 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Added some stuff for Deadmen (This can also be seen in the group tab under Deadman Division):

[Deadman Traits]
  • Resistance to pain
  • Tougher Skin
  • Increased Strength
  • Gradual Atrophy

Additionally, I thought of throwing this in as well but I'd rather hear your opinions on it before I do anything with it (This is so that the DMD can tackle larger enemies and so that there's more to the Deadmen than what's already been given, which isn't very much - These abilities use mana):

Deadmen Unique Bonuses:
+Nether Shards: Grants 2 default dark magic powers: Blink (Short distance teleport) and Spirit Fire (Projectile Attack/Weapon Enchant)
Last edited by AtlasAtrium on Fri May 03, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Thu May 02, 2013 8:18 pm

I don't have any real opinion on it one way or the other at the moment.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zentose on Thu May 02, 2013 8:23 pm

Maybe add some problems with using Blink(beyond simply mana), because that seems extremely overpowered. In a group fight, one could just Blink behind each opponent and slit their throats, easy as that.

Zentose
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Thu May 02, 2013 8:29 pm

Now that you mention it...
Maybe we could have it so that the shards only work if they are close to death (again)?

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Thu May 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Well maybe it should be more like between fixed points, or require a charge up to use.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Thu May 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Actually, I think I'll put the idea in a backseat for now and see if I can find use for it sometime later when we actually begin :)

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Fri May 03, 2013 6:53 pm

I have another question, how does a deadman's body work after being 'brought back'? Are they like walking unaging corpses? And if so if how would their bodies be able to handle damage? For example if one got a limb cut off could they just sew it back on?

[edit] Okay that's more a series of questions but they're all relevant to the same subject.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Fri May 03, 2013 7:31 pm

What I had in mind is that the badges themselves are inscribed with runes by the necromancers, which will help keep the Deadmen in one piece as long as it stays on them. Since their bodies have been affected by magic, especially something like necromancy, I was thinking some of the side effects could include being able to reattach limbs (after giving it a significant amount of time if there aren't any mages around to speed up the process) and that they would no longer age - they are closer to being alive than dead so they're not really zombies, but some of their functions would either shut down or work differently. So rather than having Necromancy do one thing (meaning just bringing the dead back to life with no strings attached), I was planning on having it do a number of things (the aforementioned side effects) as to give magic a little more depth and to differentiate it from 'normal' magic. Hopefully that answers all of your questions about this :D

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Fri May 03, 2013 8:30 pm

Also, just a heads up: I 'd like to get this RP started sometime tomorrow, so try to be on if you can

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AtlasAtrium on Fri May 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Though I have yet to add most of their histories, I have added a Bestiary page in the groups tab that is open for viewing. There are a total of 11 monsters so far, and if you have more ideas to suggest, feel free!

AtlasAtrium
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wake on Sat May 04, 2013 7:33 am

I got an idea for one after I caught sight of this.

A race of sentient snake people with a humanoid upper body, called the Naga. They'd mostly be traders and merchants that travel in caravans, but a few would break of to strike out as mercenaries or bandits.

Wake
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!