Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Dear Reader...

Dear Reader...

a part of “Dear Reader...”, a fictional universe by Cloasse.

Crime-thriller roleplay wherein the characters all receive identical letters informing them that they have three days to solve the sender's game - can you solve his puzzles?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dear Reader...”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Dear Reader...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:43 am

Click the above image for a link to the roleplay.

This is, as it says in the title, the Out of Character topic for my roleplay 'Dear Reader'. Here, I'll just jot down a few of the notes I made in the roleplay's actual introduction.

First of all, I don't expect a lot from you - by that, I mean that all I want is for you to have fun whilst at the same time keeping up a standard that's good for you and adds to the roleplay. I neither want nor need tens of posts a day. I would, however, like posts that can be replied to once the character interaction begins.

Secondly... I had a list of 'rules' that were basically me telling you all to use your common sense and obey the rules of decency and kindness expected all over the site. Unfortunately, RPG decided not to add them to my roleplay and instead said I'd created no rules. Simply put, behave yourselves or you'll end up banned. Easy peasy, eh?

Finally, this is a realistic RP. I do not want angels, devils, demons, cat-people, dog-people, werewolves, vampires or aliens in this roleplay. I have nothing against those who want to play such characters - I myself have played a few of them - but this roleplay will not work if I have people pulling powers out their arses when things don't quite go their way. Do not expect happy endings for every single character in this roleplay.

That being said, thank you so much for reading this far. I hope that, if you're interested, you'll submit a character or ask any questions you may have after reading both this post and the introduction on the roleplay tab.

Thanks again,

Cloasse
Last edited by Cloasse on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Cloasse
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Re: [OOC] Dear Reader...

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Secret Admirer on Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:06 pm

I'm extremely interested.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Secret Admirer
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Count me in. With or without your approval <3

CriminalMinds
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlackDove on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:43 pm

I hope my character is okay :S
I'm really liking the sound of this roleplay :D
xx <3

BlackDove
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Crooked Thoughts on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Ah, where were you when I was craving a mystery RP?

Anyway, it looks great, love how you use the number.

If I don't join, I will stick around just to see where it all leads.
Self Proclaimed, Master Realm Weaver: need help creating a RP? PM me!

Vivid-Minds; a society of sophisticated RPers and Roleplays. Join us?

...LIVE in your world, ROLEPLAY in mine...

Crooked Thoughts
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:58 pm

BlackDove: I've sent you a PM concerning your character.

flysociety: I'm glad you like the look of things, and I appreciate that you'll have a gander around even if you don't join.

Cloasse
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaosBlade on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Submitted a char for your consideration, slightly worried after reading others but either way i await your judgement.

ChaosBlade
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:46 pm

ChaosBlade: I'll look over your character and send you a PM shortly.

Cloasse
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jackrules158 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:59 pm

i posted a charachter

jackrules158
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:13 am

For those of you who have been accepted - how many characters would you like to start this with? I'm personally thinking that a smaller group of players would work much better with this type of roleplay. I am, however, always open to opinion.

Thanks for all your interest and thanks to those who submitted characters!

Cloasse

Cloasse
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seiren on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:11 am

First, thank you for accepting my character, Cloasse. I look forward to interacting with everyone. Personally I enjoy smaller groups more. I find smaller groups easier to manage.

Seiren
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:48 am

I think between five and eight characters would be ideal, possibly not including 'affiliated' characters that are there because someone they know received a letter (e.g., Daniel).
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Just so everyone knows, I'm going away for the whole of next week, and so will be unable to post. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Since someone is going off to do special things next week, how available is everyone else and are you all quite happy to wait another week before we start? I figure that I could use the next week to outline how the majority of roleplay from my character, Sender, will be occurring and how exactly you lot will have your characters meet up. It may very well be a little slow to start up since everyone will be posting as an individual. Hopefully it'll pick up as soon as the characters meet up.

Clobo.

Cloasse
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:41 pm

I think we should kill him before we've even begun! >_>

CriminalMinds
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seiren on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:43 pm

I'm in the middle of doing renovations to my house and won't be available until Monday late night (EST time). I can start any time after that, but if you want to wait the week to prepare I'm good with that too.

Seiren
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby !LoveMeHateME! on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:46 am

I'm available just about everyday. I wont be on tomorrow but every other day i seem to have open. Don't mind staring next week.

!LoveMeHateME!
Member for 12 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Okay, folks. Time for some serious talky-talk.

First off, I think we will start next week. Now, that's not to say that you can't do anything related to this roleplay in the meantime. You could, if you wanted to, start your first post. Your first post requires no one else's influence bar mine and I can do that through the correspondence page. This initial post will be your character receiving their first two letters - that is, the letter that you read on the introduction page, although I may be adding to/taking away from the contents of these letters, so don't go ahead and start writing until I've posted on the other OOC page. I'll make another note here and even PM those who haven't been involved in this thread just so that you're all aware of this.

Secondly, and I've mentioned this several times, I will not be expecting massive posts every single day. At the very most, I think I'll want three quality posts a week. It's quite likely I'll only want two. This depends, again as I've said before, on how frequently you lot want to post and on how long this roleplay lasts. I'll be starting university in September and I know that Script is going to be returning to school soon too. I've no doubt that the rest of you are all busy too! So, I'm just going to leave it that, as far as roleplays go, this will not be a roleplay where you're harassed by posts unless it is absolutely necessary that you post after more than a week of silence from you. Please note that, if you choose to ignore PMs and requests to post, your character won't just 'disappear' - they'll be killed off in one post from me.

Until next Monday, I'm planning on keeping the roleplay open to any more character submissions. Please do tell your friends and other roleplayers you know about this if you think they'd enjoy this roleplay. If no one else joins, I think we'll get by fine without them.

Thank you so, so much for helping to make this a valid venture,

Cloasse
<3

Cloasse
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:14 pm

Posting will begin tomorrow, Monday the 1 August 2011! Wherever you are, Monday is when the posting starts. Rather than confusing folks with the whole 'this is the time in my country, you work out the time in your country', I think we can stick to just posting on certain days. If this were a chat roleplay or a roleplay that I wanted to move daily, then it may be a different story, but all that's necessary is a post or two a week.

So, check out the other OOC thread with the first letter and write up your character's response to receiving it. After everyone has posted their responses, I'll be writing another post in the Correspondence thread. From there, things should start to move into the action side of things.

Thank you all so much for hanging around and submitting your wonderful characters! As ever, if there are any problems, PM me, drop us a note here or find me in the Out of Character chat.

Cloasse

Cloasse
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloasse on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:51 pm

Due to a few roleplayers telling me that they prefer posting on the forums as opposed to this tab, I've created a new topic for you all to post to.

Click here for the Dear Reader IC.

Enjoy yourselves! Posting has officially started since Script started us off!

Cloasse

Cloasse
Member for 14 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!