Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Defensive Preparations.

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Defensive Preparations.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:43 pm

OOC: I wanted to separate this from anything that was going on at the facility where Millie was being held.

Kiyoshi's Government Office/Estate:

Rumors of a Gundam attack had spread throughout the colony from one person to the next. By the time Kiyoshi arrived back to his office, it was the topic of many whispered voices. Kiyoshi walked passed his secretary.

Secretary -
Mr. Kazami, the Representative from the MS Factories is in your office.

Thank you.

Kiyoshi walked through and saw a familiar face. Stacy Matta sat in one of the chairs looking around the office. Kiyoshi smiled as he sat down in his desk.

Ms. Matta, it is good to see you again.

Stacy smiled because Kiyoshi still remembered her name.

Stacy -
Yes sir, I'm glad to see you're doing fine as well. I was asked to collect the information about the Mobile Suit output.

Yes, it would seem that my assumption of needing them sooner than expect was correct.

Stacy looked surprised.

Stacy -
You mean the rumors I heard outside are true? There's a possibility of a Gundam attack!

Kiyoshi's smile faded.

I do not know yet. It is possible.

Stacy's shocked face turned to that of worry. She wondered if her family would be okay, and what would happen if the attack was severe.

We do not know yet what Gundam, nor what it could be capable of. We'll just have to wait and see. are we on Mobile Suits...

Stacy came out of her thoughts quickly.

Stacy -
Well because the commercial factories were converted so fast we don't have much. We have about a couple of hundred Space Leo's, and maybe fifty to seventy-five Taurus units. No one could give me exact numbers because of the problems with the computers.

Kiyoshi nodded.

Have the factories continue their efforts, and have all of those Mobile Suits sent out to our bases.

Stacy stood up and saluted.

Stacy -
Yes, sir.

Stacy then walked out. Kiyoshi then pressed a button on the intercom contacting his secretary.

Secretary - Yes, sir?

I will be giving a speech shortly on the steps of the estate, alert the media and the rest of the colony

In a few minutes the news of an upcoming speech had spread through out the colony. The media and many civilians had come to Kiyoshi's estate to hear him speak. Kiyoshi then walked out to a podium that was placed at the top of the stairs. A hush came over the crowd as Kiyoshi began to speak.

I know many of you have heard the rumors of a possible upcoming attack, one of which could involve the enemy using a Gundam type Mobile Suit. At this time, I have no way of confirming the validity behind it, other than that it is quite possible. I am calling our forces to arms, not for an attack, but of one for defense. If it is a Gundam, we must fight bravely to protect what we could lose. Whatever the outcome might be, let us show that we are not the ones that throw the first punch! I want you all to remember, that we must be in a defensive position right now, we do not have the capabilities for an offensive attack. The battle will be to protect our homes, our families, our children, not throw them away!

I call out to all those that will be piloting the Mobile Suits I have had sent to our bases, you are the ones that must protect and fight for our ideals. You will be the ones who can stop this war. Together, we shall help bring about peace!

Kiyoshi looked at the crowd and then turned and walked off. As he did the warning sirens for a possible attack and to seek shelter went off through out the colonies. As he came inside he began to issue his orders to the troops.

I want twenty-five percent of the Taurus and Space Leo's outside. All the remaining Leo's should be inside the Colony. The other Taurus units should be ready to move out...

Kiyoshi lowered his sunglasses and looked in the direction of where Millie was being held.

Now to wait for your Gundam to save you...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:23 pm

Kiyoshi sat down in his leather chair in his office and spun the chair around to look out the large window. The Leo's were already getting into position in the colony. His eyes followed a group of three Leo's as they walked through the streets. The sigh that escaped his lips could have been deciphered in many ways. Part of it was regret. How many had lost their lives to prevent something like his from happening? Another part was his wish to be out there again, but for now, he knew he had to wait.

These were very tense moments. He had practically no clue what was going on outside of L3. Reports from inside the colony had gone to an old fashion route. Pens and paper being passed a long instead of messages sent through computer networks. It was still in it's chaotic stages.

Another problem he faced was that he was unsure about any outside communication. With out knowing exactly what the virus was that infected the L3ISS there was no way of knowing what it's range of damage could have been, or if it could have spread to other systems on L3. If he did need reinforcements, would the call get out in time?

The threat of a Gundam had not left his frame of mind, either. If he had nothing but skilled pilots in the mobile suits, he would be less worried. Many of them were just new recruits, who had very little training.

However, maybe Kiyoshi still had some luck somewhere inside him. Maybe the Leo's and Taurus's could over power whatever was on it's way. No matter how hard he tried to convince himself of this he could not get passed the doubt. This was the first time in a long time that he had doubted himself. Not to say that he had been over confident in himself, but that he knew his strengths and weaknesses, is limits, which gave him just the right amount of self confidence he needed.

Kiyoshi turned around to his desk and decided to try and get his mind off of what was going on. The attack was not going on, and there was no true proof that one was coming. He looked at the large stack of memo's that he had already responded to. It had taken some time, but he had responded back to each and every one. Picking up one of them and turning it upside down he did something he hadn't done since before he became a pilot so many years ago. He began to slowly sketch out a design for a new mobile suit.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:55 pm

The design was almost complete. Kiyoshi turned his head slightly seeing the Leo's in the distance. It was this that had helped give him more inspiration. The colonies had been relying too heavily on older mobile suit designs. Kiyoshi figured it was mostly for the fact that everything happened so quickly. By relying on older designs, mobile suits could easily be built and put out into the field effectivly.

At this point in time the war can only escalate. Because of that, an advantage has to be made. There were a few options. The colonies could resort to the original efforts thought of during Operation Meteor. Build Gundam Type mobile suits and have them transported to earth to try and bring down the earth forces quickly. However, in this war, that most likely would not be as effective. Gundam's were no longer some secret weapon. Plus, Kiyoshi did not want to see this war rest on the shoulders of a few.

Another option was to create a brand new mass-production model. A new model that would easily outperform at least Leo and Taurus units could gain the heavy advantage that would be needed. Kiyoshi knew creating a new mobile suit takes time and a lot of testing. Kiyoshi had drawn out the plans for a mobile suit that would be able to test a new frame that could be easily equipped for different missions.

Kiyoshi looked down at what he drew and smiled. It was not a project to rush into and he would be saving up his funds so that he could fund the project himself.

Gundam Marinus...

Kiyoshi had decided to have the proto-type built as a Gundam. By building it as a Gundam, the mobile suit could be tested to it's extremes, thereby, if it reached to the point of mass-production, a Non-Gundam but highly effective standard Mobile Suit could be built. Furthermore, he wanted Marinus to be his own personal Mobile Suit.

After memorizing his plans, Kiyoshi took a zippo lighter out of his desk. As he ignited the flame of the lighter he looked at the design once more. It would take awhile to save up the cash needed to build the unit on his own. It would be at that time that he would release the full data and plans to everyone. He only hoped by then it would not be too late.

OOC: Nevermind I was having a problem but I fixed it now.

Member for 13 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.