Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Delete subnations?

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

Should I keep the subnations?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes : 12

Delete subnations?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:54 pm

Well, I'm considering deleting the Earth subnations, and moving all the posts to the Earth home.

I may or may not do the same for the colony clusters, if at all.

Then again, I'm not sure. The extra forums allow for expansion, which would be nice. But I honestly am not seeing the influx of members I was seeing at the beginning.

What do you think?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:12 am

Well technically, in the real world, there are subnations, and there are leaders. Its not just one mighty earth. There has to be sections, because one leader can't do it all. As I remember, it was the same in the GW show. But, *shrug*, I guess you have to take into consideration the space. But also, when this community does grow (as it seems to be doing everyday), then you wouldn't want to add everything back. Plus, if you bring all those to one forum, its going to look even more cluttered and confusing.

I say Yes. So yeah.

~Don''t get too excited, because then you wouldn't be so dissappointed and let down when it turns out to not be the way you want

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:53 am

I voted yes as well. Mostly for the fact that I want to keep the Colonies, and if there are separate forums for the colonies, it wouldn't make much sense if there weren't any for the different sections of Earth. I think the main problem is the lack of people, which does seem to grow each day, but, growth and participation are two very different things.

Unfortunatly, because of the lack of participation from all of the members, the sections that do prosper are the ones who do particpate. I've tried to spread out my chacaracters (whether it be my main character or my numerous NPC's) over the place, but since all of my characters have little to do with Earth, except my main character kinda...and I'm still slowly introducing that whole story plot, I don't post there unless one of my characters are down there. Considering how many NPC's I have, I probably don't need to make anymore, so I doubt I'll be making one up for Earth, except maybe someone possibly connected to my main character's back story, but I still have a lot of thoughts that I have on how I'm going to go with that and I'm just sort of going with what I think sounds good as I type my posts.

So, to put it simply...no lets not lose the sections for Earth, let's advocate more participation. Too bad that's easier said than done.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:10 am

Son of a bitch. -.-. I misread the question. <--*Votes 'Yes,' not 'No'*

Anywho, I vote yes. The different sections add a touch of personalization; if they were all moved into the same two forums, it would feel WAY too much like Metro, having most of our RP limited to two forums, and would cause relative chaos as to what's goin' on where.

So, yeah. I vote to keep the sections as is.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:04 pm

THe main reason this question was asked is because too many people are focusing on dominating nations. Me an Eric have discussed this, alot. In GW, it was mainly about warring factions.

I'd attempt to explain this, yet, due to this harsh hangover, I refuse to comment too much....So, yeah, talk to Eric if you want a better explination.
Oº°‘¨The Southern Wind¨‘°ºO

(¯`·._)The Concrete Cowboy(_.·`¯)

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:57 pm

In GW none of the Factions were fighting just to fight. They all had some motive for fighting, and since it has been awhile since I've seen the series, I can't be sure if it was for some control over Earth and/or Space. So, lets talk in general Gundam plot. It's always Earth vs. Colonies, and usually the factions or nations fighting (whichever it might be) have control over some area.

Now unless the person is rich there has to be some way to "fund" their war. I'm not suggesting we bring back the government system. As much as taxes brought realism to the situation, I could never figure it out, so I just avoided the situation all together when I was leading L3. What I am saying is there has to be some kind of explination for the faction's existance, and unless it's just one person with a bunch of mobile dolls, then he or she has to have people, and people come from nations. Unless the factions that are fighting are being "funded" (again, I don't mean that the actual groups are given credits all the time from whatever Governmen they are under) by their main Governments, there has to be a reason for their rise to power. That's usually because a person has ambition to rule, or some other evil reason.

If we are to throw out the governments, we basicly need to start all over. Jyotika's plot in Asia's affairs have made drastic changes to the story, which I have fully welcomed. I believe we should just consider Jyotika and his government as a faction that took over Asia, and occupied the Sanc Kingdom. A major problem we have is that neither of the main leaders of Earth and the Colonies are participating because of their own personal reasons. With out them, however, to have a Gundam story you have to have conflict. Thus, we have characters like Jyotika and Odin from Earth, and I created the character Raphael Winson to have someone evil in the Colonies, since I don't believe either side should be just good and evil. Which, if anyone's annoyed by that, I'll find a way to get rid of him.

So, if we want everything to be about Factions, we need someone who will deal with the matters of Government for both Earth and the Colonies, otherwise it's nothing but senseless violence or constant personal grudges stories, and those get old fast. I believe there has to be reason for the actions that go on in the RP, if no one agrees, then I'll just shut up.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Virgil on Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:30 pm

I agree to some extent Kyoshi. I do believe that we need leaders to create conflict, but we also need participating factions for both sides. Not just HG and the Defenders, who as it appears have joined forces...anywho, we need a nuetral faction, or someone to stir up shit. Which was the main purpose of myself and Ezekiel. The trouble is, to start really causing some senceless mayhem, we need something to help us with that. I know that we do not REQUIRE mobile suits, but it would just help us along so well...anyways back on to topic:

Yes, I agree that we should keep the subnations, but I think we need more member participation, and the aceptance of Factions. Ezekiel and I have talked it over and as soon as we escape from Colony 05 we are to join OZ. Just to help things along, and we'll see where that brings us.

Virgil
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:03 am

On an off-topic note, senseless mayhem leads to shitty RolePlay.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:07 pm

The deleting of subnations wouldn't actually remove them from Earth (now THAT'D be an undertaking worthy of Eric), it'd just remove a place to RP about them individually.

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.