Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Delete this thread please.

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Delete this thread please.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:54 pm

NOTES: Pretty much all the names and places are made-up, the setting is pseudo-Appleseed/ ghost in the shell with emphasis on the pilots of the big armored suits (landmates in Appleseed, I don’t know any other name for them, they’re the things the ESWAT pilots), If you would like to join pelase post ashort bio here or a detailed bio in the OOC thread ‘opinions please?’ if at all possible this RP might run best by having sessions on a chat system then compiling that into a single large post. Before you post PLEASE make sure it's not a one-liner or OOC post, THANK YOU! If you have NO idea what a landmate is google image search it, you'll get decent results.

Lucretia City
Simulated trumpets blared over the public announcement system as the whole city tuned in. “I give you your Emporer!� a dignitary announced over the intercom. A slow, deep resonating voice began to speak, “Citizens of the Lucretian Empire, dwellers of my capital city, hear me! We have our hated foe, the fools of Red Sun, on their heels, we are pushing them back in a huge offensive as I speak to you this very moment! Long has Red Sun been a thorn in the side of our glorious Empire and with this last pocket of resistance stamped out Lucretians everywhere may rejoice! Our conquest will be complete! I ask all of you to commit yourselves totally to our most noble cause! The unification of the northern continent under the Lucretian banner!� The intercom shut off and the people who had stopped to listen began to mill about the streets once more, some were visibly heartened others seemed unaffected, a somber few looked worried. In the Emperors throne room the scene was serene. The aging Emperor had adorned himself in all manner of opulence and he retired to his throne to muse over recent tidings. The resistance Red Sun City had put up was formidable, indeed they were determined not to come under the control of the empire. But why? Why would they deny the so obvious enlightenment he offered? He had given them the same ultimatum every other city had received: convert or be swept away by the tide that is the Imperial Army. Yet they still chose to refuse and fight, clinging to their outdated notions of freedom and justice. He was freedom, He was justice, He was the Empire and He impressed his will down upon His people. The Emperor smiled to himself, “yes� he thought, “I AM justice, and these imbeciles from Red Sun will bow to MY will.� The Emperor rose from his seat and looked out a huge window across his city. The modern styled buildings and ill-lit streets lent a feeling of somberness to the whole area and the skyscrapers blotted out the sun over much of the down-town area. Groups of Imperial soldiers patrolled the city, enforcing it’s already oppressive (innovative and intelligent to the Emperor, who had wrote them himself) laws. “Ah my old friend Adam Ozlin, why do you choose to fight me? In the end there has always been only one fate for you…� The Emperor smiled to himself and retired to his room, he had a city to destroy.

Paradise City

Rain. The rain saturated the broken cityscape, it drenched the shattered buildings and fallen pieces of masonry. The rain seeped into the dank subway system with a drip-drip-drip. It washed the dust-covered streets cleaned and exposed pot-holes, craters and cracks in the forgotten and unused streets. A low rumble reverberates through a street as three black, hulking, suits glide through the downpour, water droplets splashing off the flat black armor of the land-mates. At a signal form the lead suit there was a shimmer and nothing but a distorted image of the suits was left. The suits disengaged their hover engines and touched down lightly on the broken road, at which point they slipped into a nearby building whose front had been shorn off by who-knows-what kind of munitions.

The comm-link buzzed- “Hey Capn’ how long you think this damn ran will hold?� Captain "Hellhand" Hellan glanced at his HUD, Elenes was the one who had buzzed him. “I’m not sure, and until we have orders to move out we’re staying here, you and McConnell establish a perimeter, I’m going to clear out the interior so our suits’ll fit better� Hellan replied over his radio. A green acknowledgement light flashed on his HUD as Elenes and McConnell began to check the perimeter of the building. Hellan began to walk his suit through the shattered remains of what appeared to have once been a huge office building. Pieces of dry wall, cubicle walls and broken and warped steel beams lat scattered on the first floor, he began to push rubble out of the way making a clearing approximately 1000 square feet. No new orders in three days, communications with High Command were down. Hellan spoke the voice command for standby mode and his suit hunkered down into a kneeling position. This was the worst part, the waiting.

Red Sun City: Red Sun Regular Army HQ

Three men, all in deep green military uniforms draped with medals and awards, stood around a holo-field table with the map of the ruins of nearby paradise city overlaid on a grid. Groups of three green triangles dotted the translucent landscape and some were moving in a northerly direction. To the north of the triangles were little red triangles, vastly outnumbering the greens, all of the red triangles were in groups of five. The men seemed to grumble among themselves until a fourth man stepped into the room. He was elderly, wearing a faded and worn uniform and carrying a simple military cap. He sighed as he walked in, the deep lines on his face seemed to emphasize the man’s tired appearance and his bloodshot eyes only contributed to the look. “What’s the situation,� the older man said as he slumped into a black armchair at one end of the table, his nametag, Ozlin, jingling lightly.. “Not good, sir, our forces are outnumbered 5 to 1 and the enemies dug in deep all along north side of the city, they have units posted at all the key bridges over the Pallis River, which runs straight through the city, and it looks like they’re going to make a push for the local field command within the month.� The reply was issued from a young, crisp officer with short black neatly combed hair and an immaculately clean and pressed uniform, his nametag was polished and sat perfectly on his left pocket, it read Alberlin. “Recall half the sweeper teams to the second level perimeter of the field command and consolidate the other half along River, post double sentries at the bridges and have our sniper teams set-up to cover as many of them as we can. If we lose the city then we lose our biggest forward base protecting Red Sun. Bastards from Lucretia aren’t setting on step past that river if our boys have anything to say about it, how many suits do we have left active?� “Eighteen, nine are standard fit combat, three are snipers, three are Recon suits and the last three are Captain Hellan and his command suits,� replied a middle-aged officer in a black uniform, his nametag read Mafta. “That should be enough to hold the southern sector until we can re-deploy, call all units and inform them we’re on Protocol 817 and no quarter is to be given, under any circumstances,� Ozlin replied, then he turned to the holo-image and mused over the placement of his troops, some of the groups adjusting to the new orders. “Make your move Lucretia…�
Last edited by Azmodai2 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Azmodai2
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rowen on Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:02 pm

(thats good, WOW! srry couldnt help but reply somthing)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rowen
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:12 pm

ESWAT- pilots.. I don't know what they are either and to think, my clans name is E-SWAT..I'm going to be a ground soldier from the begining of Appleseed.))

A man with ragedy, torn city camoflauge pants, a black A-shirt, jungle edition combat boots would take off through the rain, running down the streets of Paradise City. In his hands he held a pistol that had a powerful kick to it and a few rounds of ammo. His black hair pattered down, dipping a salty water into the mans face as he kept running.

"I'm almost there.. I just gotta reach the building."

As he got about one block away, he noticed a small force of seven men walking through the intersection. He quickly jumped behind the closest car he could find and sat there, waiting for the men to past. His heart raced, but he remained somewhat calm.

"Once they pass, and I get in that building, I can reach the sub-way system." He waited a few moments, they had finally passed. The man took off running to the building, diving into the front door, knocking it down.

The seven men that had just passed, heard the loud crash, but payed little to no attention to it, they just kept going.

The man stood up, dusting himself off, taking off down a serious of stairs and tunnels till he finally reached the sub-way system that was corrupted with old age. Pot-holes and craters and cracks covering the ground. The man sat in the ventilation system, slowy moving. He then looked down through a small gate where he was supposed to exit, but saw some sort of mechs below him. He leaned over the gate, keeping hidden somewhat.

"Who are they, and what do they want with that building?"

The water dripped from his hair onto the concrete, but it was just like the piping dripping. As the man went to sit down, from leaning over, his pistol dropped onto the gate, creating an echoing sound in the air-vent.. The pistol knocked the gate open, falling to the ground, shattering. He then looked at the mechs and prayed that nobody had heard that sound, but that was very unlikely.

"Damn it! I can't move now, and my pistol is gone. All I have left is my knife.. well it's going to have to do."

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:00 am

Three metallic clangs rang loudly in the deteriorated building and Capt. Hellan snapped his attention towards the air vent. The rusted iron gate covering it had fallen off and shattered on the ground, rust dust and specks of metal creating a mess on the already dirtied floor. After the gate came a pistol, it tumbled down and clattered at Hellan’s feet. There was a skidding sound as the object came to a halt in front of him. He whipped out his sidearm, a heavily modified MP5K, and advanced on the wall containing the vent, his weapon poised and his senses sharp to any sound. Heavy breathing and some muttering emanated from the vent and Hellan immediately racked the slide on his gun loudly and pointed its barrel at the vent. He leaned into his comm-link and whispered, “This is Hellhand, I’ve got an intruder on the premises, both of you back here ASAP, locked and loaded, I don’t want any surprises.�

He ended the message and then quietly moved against the wall just right of the vent and looked up at it. Another faint hiss issued from the vent and he plucked his single grenade from its pouch and prepared to prime it. He called out to the occupant of the vent, “I know you’re in there, come out with your hands up and I won’t harm you!. I’m armed and believe me, quite dangerous.� As the last of his words escaped his mouth Elenes’ and McConnells’ suits glided into the now cleared room and kneeled, Elenes covered the entrance and McConnell pointed his huge 65mm assault rifle at the vent.

After about a minute Hellan called out again, “I’m warning you, if you don’t come out in ten seconds I’ll toss this ‘nade in there and send you straight to hell.� He hit the primer on the flash bang and held the trigger down, ready to throw it. A single external green light flashed on his teammates suits to acknowledge his intent and McConnell leveled his weapon at the vent, ready to send a hailstorm of 65mm shells into the small dark space at a moments notice.

Azmodai2
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:57 pm

The man peaked his head out laughing a bit as he slid a mask over his face. Deep breathes taking place as he held onto the edge of the vent. He then began to fling back and forth till he had enough momentum. He jumped off, hitting a wall, then the ground running towards the mechs holding a knife in one hand. He knew he would be shot at. Once bullets began to fly, he hopped into a wall, smashing through it as he pulled out a small grenade shaped object. He pulled the pin, throwing it out as blue streams began to crawl on the ground, going straight for the mechs.

"Sorry, I don't take well to threats, but if you so desire to remain alive, I'd say leave the area now, because those blue streaks on the ground are from a Nano-Break. Once they hit your mechs, they take over and kill the user."

The man began to run around bhind the walls, never keeping one movement or any pattern. He then took off out of a door, back into the city as the nano-break began to multiply, covering the walls and floors, giving the mechs a hard time to escape.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SWAT-Calibur on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:29 am

Once the man had shattered through the wall his face cringed a bit as a metal clanking sound was heard as his shoulder collided into the cement wall. As he ran, he thought, "Wow.. never thought this would come in handy."

Once he had exited through the door into the city, he pulled out a small bottle, the size of a crayon that had a sharp needle point on the end.

the skin, or what seemed to be skin opened up slowly, releasing a pressure that was strong enough to be seen as steam. He then slid the needle into a small hole that was connected by a few wires. Pressing the top of the needle, the vile surged into his arm as it went from a dull red to a crimson red.

"Damn these people.. damn this arm. It's a gift and a curse. But I wouldn't have this arm if I didn't do the right thing and save that child from that beastily man."

The skin based object then sealed up again, appearing as a regular arm now. He turned around towards the door and sat infront of it, lighting up a cigarette.

SWAT-Calibur
Member for 12 years

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.