Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas » Empty Skies » Does Mind Affect the World? » I have an announcement. » Iskjerne Ballad by dealing_with_it » Viking Music / Norse Songs - Germanic Paganism » Capitalism » Panspermia: a Case for Cordyceps » The Ethics on owning a Housepet » I just really had to share this plot idea. » Materialism » Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? »

Players Wanted: OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted » DEAD! » Looking for new RP Buddy(s)! » Sands of Oblivion » Looking for Role Players to join an active universe » Looking for Empire of Cendalia Players » Seeking Roleplayers for The Isekai Wonderland Project » Hadean The Brave - Fresh Blood » Just a trophy of status - long term, story focus! » Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner »

Delusions

Delusions

a part of “Delusions”, a fictional universe by hoodrattt.

Slaughter. Sacrifice. Deceit. Hallucinations. Will you unveil the truth? [Closed]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Delusions”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Delusions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoodrattt on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:06 am

Hello everyone and welcome to Delusions!

Bear with me as I spent a lot of time hashing out the details but am well aware the page and explanation itself needs some buffing. I hope I can acquire some interest in anyone really as I've put so much application into this story.

In regards to available characters already provided with FC's and names, if you would like to reserve them please know that their names, ages and histories are tweak-able. You can make changes as you see fit.

Please ask any questions you might have for me or about the story line here. Also, please don't be afraid to PM me!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

hoodrattt
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Delusions

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby usernamesareadrag on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:07 am

Hello there, my friend! Like I said earlier, I'd love to reserve student number 5.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

usernamesareadrag
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:10 am

Can I reserve Student 7 please?
I'm at school right now, but I can start on the form sometime afterwards.
"But it was only a fantasy,
The wall was too high as you can see.
No matter how he tried he could not break free,
And the worms ate into his brain."

Thadine
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PutAnotherX on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:14 am

Hey, I'd like to reserve student 2, please!

PutAnotherX
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Visual Appeal Inspiration Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoodrattt on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:27 am

Thadine wrote:Can I reserve Student 7 please?
I'm at school right now, but I can start on the form sometime afterwards.

No problem! I'll put that on for you right away. Thanks for your interest! :)

P.S.
If anyone needs customized pictures/avatars for their characters feel free to contact me via PM and I'll make some up for you.

hoodrattt
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thadine on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:39 am

Thanks.
Will you be needing to know my FC choice any time soon, or can I spend a bit of time looking around for the right person?

Thadine
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoodrattt on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:48 am

Thadine wrote:Thanks.
Will you be needing to know my FC choice any time soon, or can I spend a bit of time looking around for the right person?

No, no. Please take your time and choose wisely - what best suits you. I'm in no rush really and I understand how time consuming it can be just to find the right pictures. I'm going to work on the first post so everyone else can get an idea of what's going on but I don't expect character development to be finished any time soon so please take your time.

Also another note for those visiting the OOC thread:

I'm aware that more than half of the student roles have been filled. Room can be made for the right candidates, so just be aware that there are potentially available slots where student roles are concerned.

hoodrattt
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:10 am

If the Miwok descendant is still available I'd like to reserve it.

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoodrattt on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:38 am

Kaname_Takashi wrote:If the Miwok descendant is still available I'd like to reserve it.

you'd like to be Nizhoni? :)

hoodrattt
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:27 pm

I'd like to reserve student 8 if I may.
Rage & Pride
> [S] Cascade.
"This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols."
- Homestuck

Rage&Pride
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoodrattt on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Rage&Pride wrote:I'd like to reserve student 8 if I may.

you may! I'll do that now.

hoodrattt
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:47 pm

@hoodrattt: Yup, the Miwok culture sounds interesting so I figured if you needed someone to play her I'd offer myself haha.

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Simple_Sally on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:07 pm

May I reserve student 4 please?

Simple_Sally
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoodrattt on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Simple_Sally wrote:May I reserve student 4 please?

Yes! I'll put that in right away.

@Kaname I'll put that in for ya' hun. Thanks for your interest in the Miwok! :)

hoodrattt
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Quick question hoodrattt, is Nizhoni Benett related to either or both of the other Benett's (Jimmy and Catori)? And do you know who you made the FC as so I can use the same person? XD

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoodrattt on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:49 am

Hey everyone, thank you so much for you interest in this story. It felt like i was devoting my life to it while writing it, and I'm glad to have assistance in bringing it to life. I owe it to ya'll now.

Anyway, here's a list of must and/or good-to-know's!:

The majority of the adolescents and children of Bodega have had Pangamba at birth. For those who didn't quite read up on it or understand, this is almost like an indigenous weed that was dispatched by agriculture officials due to its antithetical side effects. Now, it still exists but is very hard to discern because it looks like most ordinary vegetation. Unfortunately the factuality of Pangamba (more of a hallucinogen than anything that takes up residence permanently in the bloodstream) is withheld from everyone in town. Of course there exists some parents and descendants who know it well enough, but keep it a secret. Pangamba can cause a broad spectrum of side effects ranging from nausea, hallucinations, nightmares, paranoia, anxiety, depression, and has even been linked to some eating disorders. You'll come to find further in the story that Pangamba is actually quite the irony considering its history, cause for use and origin.

The Amaron's are high-content descendants, but some of them don't even know it. George Amaron, the father of Coree and Jett, however, is a leader of sorts where the lineal Miwok religion is concerned. Of course this is a secret to most as well. He is the owner of the biggest business in town, A&M Accounting which is responsible for bringing goods, services and companies from the outside into Bodega. In plain English he's an antagonist with great power.
Not every child in Bodega has had Pangamba. If you've taken up a student role, though, your character was administered it at birth. If you want to make an adolescent that HAS NOT been given Pangamba at any point in their life, discuss it with me via PM and we can work something out.
The town of Bodega is full of secrets and corruption as you can imagine. There are parents there that do not agree with Miwok traditions or preserving them, so they simply do not. However this does not mean in any way or fashion that they fight it. They simply mind their own business for fear of what may ensue if they don't.
Bodega Ridge, the location of the thirteen suicides ('The Summer of Passing') is mutedly forbidden. There's no law or rule saying people can no longer go to the ridge or scale the cliffs, but people seem to be very ill-at-ease when it comes to their children or family going there.
Every year around this time of year The Native American festival is held, it's a carnival of sorts. However this is the first year that it's commencing since the tragedy in 2011.
Most townsfolk do not care for Nizhoni Benett, a pure Miwok matron who is fairly well-reputed for her home remedies. But as far as anything else goes, she is maybe a bit outcasted - but you'll come to find the feeling is completely mutual.

hoodrattt
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rage&Pride on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Hey, I finally made a first post. I hope it was good enough and to your guys liking.

Rage&Pride
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaname_Takashi on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:49 am

First post up here too. By the way, if I take a while to respond to a post it's because I have a very bad internet connection where I'm at. I'll try my best to get things done, but it's taking 20 minutes just to load a screen. -______-

Kaname_Takashi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby hoodrattt on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:23 am

Everyone is doing such a great job of grasping the story and giving wonderful demonstration of the darkness that exists inside every character. Keep up the good work!

hoodrattt
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rulke on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:50 am

You pmed me and though I like the idea, do I need to use current character, I would likely play a female, I just prefer coming up with my own character idea and don't like feeling restricted.
We help the multi-nationals
when they cry out protect us.
The locals scream and shout a bit,
but we don’t let that affect us.
We’re here to lend a helping hand
in case they don’t elect us.
How dare they buy our products
yet still they don’t respect us.

Billy Bragg - The Marching Song Of The Covert Battalions

Rulke
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Person of Interest Group Theory Cult Leader Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!