Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation » Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! »

Players Wanted: 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP »

Desert Fantasy - The Reclaimers

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Desert Fantasy - The Reclaimers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:19 pm

Hey everyone, my name is VindicatedPurpose, but you can call me Vin or VP. I know it’s quite a doozy to type out sometimes. Anyway, this is a Roleplayers Wanted advert for a roleplay that I am running.

The Reclaimers

I originally called it a Sword and Planet fantasy, which is sort of like John Carter or Edgar Rice Burroughs’ Martian trilogy if any of you have seen the movie or read the books. Well, by this point, it’s not really an S&P fantasy anymore. I would call it a hodgepodge of things. It’s still a fantasy, but there are some steampunk elements like airships, and some sci-fi elements like shields powered by solar energy.

The story takes place in a great sprawling desert known as the Ba’Gatha, on the world of M’Sal, which is a uniquely different world from our own. There are only three cities, each comprising distinctive peoples and cultures. Magic once existed, but it no longer does. Whether or not it will return, no one knows. It is long gone like so many things within that world. All that remains are ruins that echo of what might have been, and murals that depict an apocalyptic tale that may or may not have occurred.

All of this was created from the sand (to use a fitting metaphor). Originally the world was bare, but my writers were encouraged to add to the lore.

So far we’ve got a cast of varied characters, a blacksmith, a spellsword, a scientist, an airship pilot and his son, and an assassin. We are currently recruiting maybe two or three folks who like the look of things. There aren't any particular roles to fill, if you’re interested in world building, collaborative writing, and quality storytelling, you are encouraged to check us out.

I am a very relaxed GM, although I think the more accurate term would be director or story coordinator. There isn’t a post limit, as a great roleplayer once told me that you write as much as needed to tell a story. Our pace is pretty chill since I know we all have real life commitments that take precedent over anything else. The pace fluctuates from time to time, but the roleplay will never truly die as I know that the folks I have writing with me are damned dependable (excuse my French). For anything else I didn’t cover, check out the roleplay or fire a PM my way.

All we ask is that you don’t drop off the face of the universe without giving us a heads up.

So once again, if you want to get involved, PM me, post below, or check the tab. The link is provided in the banner above.
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Desert Fantasy - The Reclaimers

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:41 am

Giving this a bump, we're still recruiting. For any interested folks, come check us out.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby alienCY on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:34 pm

hey do u wanna me to join you ? but i'm new here how i join ya ?

alienCY
Member for 7 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Bump. We are still recruiting if anyone is interested.

Hey there alienCY. If you're new I would advise you to get your ten forum posts to activate your private messaging options.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri May 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Giving this thread a bump, it's still not too late to jump in on the action and the story.

At the moment, there is an anaconda of story being laid out. A political thriller and conspiracy in the works in one part, a race against time in another part, and an exploration into the greater mysteries of the Reclaimers universe. So if you're looking for an atypical fantasy, then check us out.

Once again PM me, post below, or check the tab if you're interested.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:37 pm

Another bump for interested peeps, seriously come check us out.

The roleplay is a desert fantasy, and that might be the last thing you want to remind you of the summer heat. I don't blame you, I live in a place where winter is considered a few months of temperatures at around 40 degrees.

That's beside the point though.

We're still looking for intermediate to advanced roleplayers/writers to join our irregular hodgepodge fantasy. If this is you, let's write.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Acrid on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:01 pm

Okay I am definitely interested but I haven't reached my tenth post just yet, so I can't pm. I just wanted to let you know that this is a concept I can totally get behind.

Acrid
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:08 am

Awesome. Cool beans, dude. I'm looking forward to telling the story with you.

Alright, so don't be freaked out by the activity section, we just finished finals and everybody's still got things going on. We're working on collaborative posts at the moment. Once you unlock your PM powers, we can talk about ideas you might have as well as catch you up on the story since those are twenty nine long posts.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~KaiOfTheStars~ on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Hello! You left your link in my post in the main lobby and I was trying to leave you a PM, but I can't figure out where the heck to find the link. (I swear, my story telling ability isn't this sad.) XD

I posted my character to your role-play. I'm not sure if that's how it works or not. I feel pretty darn foolish being so clueless, but I haven't role-played in quite awhile! Please help!

By the by, my character profile isn't my best work. If you approve I will amend it accordingly. =D
~ I Became Insane With Long Intervals Of Horrible Sanity ~

~KaiOfTheStars~
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:40 pm

Awesome! My shameless plug worked.

This link should explain about private messaging.

Oh you went ahead and submitted a char? Jumping the gun, no worries, you're free to edit it until you feel it's ready and complimentary to the roleplay. I'll check your character out, and I'll give you my thoughts. Once you unlock your PMing, we can talk about possible plot ideas, and I'll get you caught up on the story so far. Feel free to read some posts if you want, and familiarize yourself with the RP.

Sound good?

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~KaiOfTheStars~ on Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:26 pm

I'm sorry I just tossed my character in their!

I wasn't really sure how it all worked. I guess I just thought she'd go to a magical place for GM review and you'd stick her in their if you liked her. =S

I'm way behind on how things work. The last time I role-played, AOL and Yahoo were big. I didn't even know these forums sites existed until last week. (Thank you Google.) XD

Well! Thank you so much for the PM help. In fact, you've been the most helpful person I've come across and for that I thank you more. Please let me know your thoughts on my character. I take critiques anyway I can get them. Clearly I could use it.

~KaiOfTheStars~
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mrkrutiika on Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:25 am

Hello, this sounds like a really interesting RP, are you still looking for people to join?
-Happiness is only real when shared-

Mrkrutiika
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:35 pm

@Mrkrutiika

I am currently still accepting, I have one or two spots still available. Feel free to check the roleplay's intro page, to see if this is really something you want to participate in. The intro page will give you a basic run down of things. From there, we can talk character ideas, if you're still interested.

You can message me, we can talk here, or in the OOC area of the roleplay.

@~Kai

I've been checking in on your character, feel free to message me when you think you've got the finished product for your character. I will send you a pm with the synopsis so far, because those are 29 posts of varying lengths.

When we get started with you, it's very likely we'll be doing a collaborative piece between five people. It should be interesting and fun, since you've got us to lean on.

Edit: My laptop was destroyed recently (my choice of words might be exaggerating things), so I'll only be on my phone or someone else's laptop as I look for a new one.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:55 pm

Giving this a bump, so far the search for a roleplayer or two has proved rather fruitless.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby R.T.M.X. on Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:55 am

I'll take a look at it either today or later this week when I'm off work.
I am not ┙insane.┍
I am just extremely ┙dedicated┍
to the act of losing my ┙mind.┍

R.T.M.X.
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Streamwatcher Beta Tester Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby alitura on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:56 am

This looks like quite an interesting roleplay and I really like the amount of freedom for writing in this. I'll take some time checking it out fully, but I think I have a few character ideas in mind!!

alitura
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:12 pm

Hey guys, thanks for the interest. Everything you need to know, from plot synopsis to history, is on the Intro page. It's quite a read, but we're not in any rush.

RTMX, it's been awhile bud.

alitura, yeah. The whole roleplay has been decidedly experimental. As far as my role as GM is concerned, I've only been planning the story out one step ahead, but nothing further. Everything in the story has been a collaboration of ideas among the writers and a general spinning of the yarn and seeing how far it can go.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby alitura on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:50 pm

After reading all of the introduction I think I'm up for it!! I still want to read the actual roleplay to see where exactly it is and where it's heading but I'd love to join. I had a female solarian doctor working in the poorer parts in mind if that would be ok. Is there anything extra I should know about the roleplay or character submission? :)

alitura
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:05 pm

Okay, so you've read the synopsis right?

I'm just checking. Your character sounds great, I'm looking forward to the character sheet. That's about everything, welcome aboard! :)

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 10 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby alitura on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:52 am

Yes I have!! I'll get the character sheet done either today or by tomorrow morning the latest. Thank you for having me

alitura
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!