Diablo-based RP anyone?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Diablo-based RP anyone?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby marredserenity on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:51 pm

So, myself and Lanaya had some ideas about a dungeon-crawler RP that is based heavily off of the Diablo games. This doesn't mean that you have to have played the games in order to participate, but it will take place in dark, terrible places like dungeons or condemned cathedral and catacombs that are riddled with all manner of demons and scum.

For those of you familiar with the game, we were thinking people could either play one of the lesser evils (Andariel, Maghda for example), a nephalem/hero (wizard, demon hunter, necromancer, rogue, warrior, etc), or just a plain old human who is caught in the middle of it all.

We are perfectly content to try this out just 1x1, but we were curious to see if there were any others who would be interested too.

Here is the link to the thread where myself and Lanaya talked, just so you can see what ideas we've been bouncing off each other: looking-for-veteran-1x1-partner-t84185.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

marredserenity
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Diablo-based RP anyone?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:31 pm

I'm interested! o/

I'm at work at the moment, so I'll read the thread linked in full when I've got a little more spare time, then I'll likely toss my two cents in.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shen Zhi Shu on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm also interested, as I posted in the 1x1. :D

I'd love to be a magic-user.

Shen Zhi Shu
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby marredserenity on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Naft, you heart-breaker.

Awesome. We haven't got much of a plot so far, so feel free to start throwing suggestions out there.

marredserenity
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shen Zhi Shu on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Ah, okay. A secret order of Mages associated with the Horadrim, but not Horadrim, have discovered that there are powerful artifacts, both evil and not evil, but very magical, have been scattered throughout the lands of Sanctuary. They have sent one of their younger members, my character, to meet with you in Tristram. This is say, around the time of Diablo III, but there's no comet that destroys the Cathedral or anything with Cain in it. Instead, Cain and his niece (I forgot her name), greet us as guests and inform us that whatever the Order of Mages thought was true. He has maps which mark the way to the artifacts which have been corrupted by evil creatures, possibly the Prime Evils. Diablo has the not awakened yet, but he is growing in power by feeding from his artifact, until he can manifest himself physically into a body. Since the world stone was destroyed by Tyrael, I"m assuming that the artifacts have been placed in their respective dungeons and strongholds in the past few decades since the end of Diablo II.

Shen Zhi Shu
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby marredserenity on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:47 pm

(Her name is Leah, and I hate her. lol)

I like this idea so far. Let's establish one thing though: I don't think anyone should play Cain or Tyreal or Adria because that's kinda boring. Also, playing Diablo or any of the prime evils might be overkill. Do we all want to play hero/class type characters? Like, you've said you want to be a wizard/sorcerer, I can totally play a rogue/demon hunter, or even some chick who has the ability to sense the presence or energy of the artifacts. What would everyone else wanna play?

marredserenity
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shen Zhi Shu on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:52 pm

marredserenity wrote:(Her name is Leah, and I hate her. lol)

I like this idea so far. Let's establish one thing though: I don't think anyone should play Cain or Tyreal or Adria because that's kinda boring. Also, playing Diablo or any of the prime evils might be overkill. Do we all want to play hero/class type characters? Like, you've said you want to be a wizard/sorcerer, I can totally play a rogue/demon hunter, or even some chick who has the ability to sense the presence or energy of the artifacts. What would everyone else wanna play?

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, Like I said, I'm a foreigner that has come all the way from some place off the map.

Shen Zhi Shu
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shadowseductress on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:53 pm

I am also totally interested in this! I love the Diablo franchise. I am also really liking the ideas thus far. Since you already want to be a demon hunter... I would want to be an amazon or possibly a monk class.

shadowseductress
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby marredserenity on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:08 pm

I looooooove the artwork from Diablo 3 for the female monk. Ok, well it looks like we've got some interest, and I've got nothing to do. Should I go ahead and create a RP? I've never created one before. Squeeee!

marredserenity
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shen Zhi Shu on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Sure, if you want. I hope we get a couple more players for this ! ^_^

Shen Zhi Shu
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby marredserenity on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:37 pm

Question: Is it totally lame to have a YouTube video as part of the introduction? Like this one for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlkvO6NLnI

We could say that our story picks up where this leaves off, that Leah has had a vision of the artifacts that each hold part of Diablo's power. Some cultists and demon lords are trying to rally them together to begin a ritual that will give new life to Diablo, and will strengthen the other evils. Neh?

marredserenity
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shen Zhi Shu on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:40 pm

marredserenity wrote:Question: Is it totally lame to have a YouTube video as part of the introduction? Like this one for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlkvO6NLnI

We could say that our story picks up where this leaves off, that Leah has had a vision of the artifacts that each hold part of Diablo's power. Some cultists and demon lords are trying to rally them together to begin a ritual that will give new life to Diablo, and will strengthen the other evils. Neh?

Yeah. :D

Shen Zhi Shu
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby marredserenity on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:40 pm

Are you saying "yeah" it is lame to have a YouTube video, or "yeah" I should do that? Lol

marredserenity
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shen Zhi Shu on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:49 pm

marredserenity wrote:Are you saying "yeah" it is lame to have a YouTube video, or "yeah" I should do that? Lol

I meant it's just fine too do it. :D

Shen Zhi Shu
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Dibs on the token evil teammate.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shen Zhi Shu on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Maybe we could have the NPC Barbarian as a team mate!

Shen Zhi Shu
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby marredserenity on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Here's the RP: roleplay/nephalem-valor

Hope you like it X_x

marredserenity
Member for 7 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!