(Different) Admin RPG?

a topic in Announcements, a part of the RPG forum.

Announcements are made here! You can read the archive or browse the latest.

(Different) Admin RPG?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:02 pm

I've had a momentary break in the overburdening that is life right now (the Professor is late to class) so I've checked up on the Admin forum, and had an idea.

What about a staff-only RPG? Sort of example to other players, as well as just a chance to have some fun amongst the staff, get to know the new guys?
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Re: (Different) Admin RPG?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:31 pm

I know that this sort of idea has been brought up in the past, and I think it would be a fantastic idea.

I'm not going to lie. In most cases when I do RP on here, I do so under a different username. I don't want to apply for an RP and get involved only to intimidate the other users. Not that my skillz are that 1337 or anything, but it's something that is associated with the title.

But I think getting a bunch of us together or write a good RP that would be an example of the proper type of RP, both in style and construction, would be a great idea.

I guess what I'm trying to say is count me in.

XD
"Spartans! Prepare for glory!"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:21 pm

Unless I fall off the face of the planet, which might happen... count me in.
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralana on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:53 pm

Umm. I know I am kind of new to the staff, but I would also be interested. :) I think its an awesome idea. So...I would be in.
STAR WARS

Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

[Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking]

Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing
American Physco

Patrick: I don't think we should see each other.

Evelyn: But your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. I don't think it would work. You have a little something...

Patrick: I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I thought about that. You can have'em.

Patrick: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Ralana
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:13 am

Well, we know that there'd be interest in doing something like this.

Do we have any ideas what type of RP we'd want it to be? A specific genre or character type? If we are doing this to set an example we'd want it to be something that we are all pretty well versed in. For instance if we did a Gundam RP, I'd be screwed. I just don't know it that well. But if we did a horror/fantasy game, I'd pwn.

Any suggestions as to what you'd like to see for this?

I'd really like ERIC!! to get in here and make a few comments too. Subtle, right? ;)

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:38 am

Zhelir suggests Gunslinger or perhaps something Haloesque?

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:51 am

Gunslinger I know a bit of. A lot of oldies did a Gunslinger RP a long time, yeah? I think Sara did it with them. It might get her involved if we did that.

As for Haloesque, please just shoot me in the head right now. >_>

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:52 pm

Eh.. I'm pretty much open to anything. I don't know much about Gunslingers and I never read the old RP, but as long as you tell me a bit about it, I'll be good.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:53 pm

I think Gunslingers would be a good middle ground for all of us to kind of stand on.
Other than that I would say we just work a world where all of us could use our main characters. *shrugs* A typical fantasy world where about anything goes. I'd struggle with that, because it may be too free form and not as good of a an example as we might like it to be.

Question: Should we PM all of the staff and link them to this thread so it can get the attention it needs to come to its full potential?

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:34 pm

Yes, Nicole. PM'ing the rest of the staff with a link would be a very good idea.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Edge on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:07 pm

I believe the Gunslingers RPG is old-school right? -=reviews his mental archival of OLD gundamwing.com RPGs=- Yeah... I think it was one of the first RPGs to be completed.

Diamond Soul Dragon is another oldie.

Yes. Eric must play. We'll force him to enter!

I'm totally up for this! I've never really done a Gunslinger but fantasy is right up my alley.

^_^ So...

When do we start?

Edge
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:35 pm

I think we kind of want to wait and see how many people really want to be involved, and where their interests lie. It's going to be best if we have some sort of layout and our characters picked before we get this rolling.

I'll talk to Jader and see if he's interested in participating, and let you guys know what he says.

: )

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:30 am

I'd liek to point out Circ already put together a team for that, which I know myself and Ralana(?) were part of and I think Faith too, we were considering the Delphi RP, but nothing concrete has been decided.

Azmodai2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:25 am

A team for...what? A staff RP?

I might have missed something, but you've confused me AZ.

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:29 pm

I believe Az is confused on this point. I could be wrong, but I think he's thinking of the shotgun RP thing, where people would go in and revive dead RPs. That would not be what this is.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:45 pm

No no, i was confused as to who was in it but I distinctly remember staff RP discussion with Circ, with the possibility of using Delphi as the setting. Ralana told me she wasn't there, so i was confused about that.

Azmodai2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skuld on Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:34 am

Yes, I think the idea of a staff RP has been brought up on more than one occasion.
I think we just need to get our asses in gear and git 'er done!

;)

Skuld
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:16 pm

Roger, well I'm in if we get one started.

Azmodai2
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:47 pm

So, we've got our interest -- other staff members can jump in as they please, so let's get this hammered out.

Are we all in favor of Gunslingers?

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jader on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:11 pm

Sign me up, Johnny.

Jader
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!