Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dino?!

a topic in Discussion & Debate, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: dealing with it, Ambassadors

Talk about philosophy, politics, news & current events, or any other subject you're interested in!

Dino?!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:30 pm

So a few weeks back I was watching the discovery channel. And the show I was watching was about fossils, dinosaur fossils actually. Anyways, the scientists discovered that there is in fact dinosaur tissue and cells LIVING within the bone. There are also other organisms mixed in there.

So what the scientists are thinking is this. Let's CLONE them. And I'm thinking, didn't you idiots watch Jurrasic Park?! What do you think about man playing God?
Bai Bai bby

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Re: Dino?!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:48 pm

Cloning is not playing God, by my standards. It's manipulating nature, sure, but it's no more serious than topiary, or genetically modified corn.

I still think cloning dinosaurs is a bad idea.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:48 pm

Well now, that sounds cool to me but it depends on what kind of dinosaur. I really don't think we need to have something like a T-Rex or Utahraptor running around again
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:55 pm

DCLXVI wrote:Cloning is not playing God, by my standards. It's manipulating nature...

Lol.. Contradictory statement there.

Humans, by nature, play 'god' we decide the fates of others with every decision we make v.v; Should dinosaurs be cloned? Yes... Why? The Velociraptor... Yes, the most intelligent dinosaur, had their not been an extinction we would be them v.v; So we need something kick ass to compete with and whip the stupids off this planet.

Vexar
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Your killing me Vexar but that sounds like fun. *runs off to get more guns, just in case*

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azuriel on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:12 pm

It may be a bad idea. But, what's cool... if they cloned Raptors. sooner or later, they would completely rule this earth.:D
Raptors are beast. and smarter than us. In some ways.
How cool would that be :}
It makes me kinda pumped actually
haha
Aerodynamically; The BumbleBee shouldn'y be able to fly. The Bumble Bee doesn't know that.

My First egg... Help me out

Azuriel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:23 pm

Now this gives some wired ideas about how cloned raptors would eventually be used in other kinds of gentics experiments. At best this could a end up with the planet earth being inhabited by velicoraptors/human hybirds that would coexist with us. :) at worse for the human race we would just be horiblly slaughted as soon as the velicpators adapt or perhaps even go though a complete evolvution to match their new enviroment. I personaly want to raise a baby cloned raptor so that i may potentially be accepted as part of their pack.
DO NOT WANT ...my post to be rated.

If you feel like critiquing any post that I make please do it though PM as I find it much more informative than a simple number

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azuriel on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:26 pm

albel cigaro wrote:Now this gives some wired ideas about how cloned raptors would eventually be used in other kinds of gentics experiments. At best this could a end up with the planet earth being inhabited by velicoraptors/human hybirds that would coexist with us. :) at worse for the human race we would just be horiblly slaughted as soon as the velicpators adapt or perhaps even go though a complete evolvution to match their new enviroment. I personaly want to raise a baby cloned raptor so that i may potentially be accepted as part of their pack.

bahaha, now that is awesomely brilliant. im totally with you on the one >_~
I want a raptor :{

Azuriel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:27 pm

O.0 Raptors still exist today in theory. It's thought that they have changed to ostriches or however that's spelled. Those birds who hide their heads in holes.

I honestly think it will get out of hand. People can't control everything. We can barely control ourselves. To attempt to cage a wild animal is a laugh.

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azuriel on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:29 pm

Of course it would get out of hand. All new things do. Humans are retarded.
We think we can control everything. and we can't. simple as that.
Or something along those lines

Azuriel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby albel cigaro on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Myrin wrote:O.0 Raptors still exist today in theory. It's thought that they have changed to ostriches or however that's spelled. Those birds who hide their heads in holes.

I honestly think it will get out of hand. People can't control everything. We can barely control ourselves. To attempt to cage a wild animal is a laugh.

In evoltion yes of course dinosaurs do but the more "primative" versions of modern fuana are much more interesting to the young ones. They are so mysterious creatures.

what do you mean barely control ourselves?

I do agree with you that the human race truly has no sense of self control. look a what we have done the ecosystem within the past two centuries. In a way of violent urges; the true reason that we can control them is the fact that we do not embrace them. Soceity tries to pretend that we are above animalistic insticts.
Last edited by albel cigaro on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

albel cigaro
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:38 pm

I think it is playing God, but as someone else said, we do that in many aspects, this is just on a higher, more dangerous level.

I personally prefer to live.
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloaked_Schemer on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:03 pm

I personally think that's a bad idea. Do they actually think they could control these monstrous creatures? If so, they're out of their fecking minds.

However, it would be interesting if we could train them for warfare purposes. We'd rape everybody =3
(12:17:45) RoxYRosE: And you did. Crim is not a liar... ask her if I said what you said I said. I bet she says what I think she'll say.

ImageImage

Cloaked_Schemer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:09 pm

Cloaked_Schemer wrote:I personally think that's a bad idea. Do they actually think they could control these monstrous creatures? If so, they're out of their fecking minds.

However, it would be interesting if we could train them for warfare purposes. We'd rape everybody =3

Well both of those would depended on what critters they chose to clone

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:11 pm

Cloaked_Schemer wrote:However, it would be interesting if we could train them for warfare purposes. We'd rape everybody =3

It also depends on whether the people who have DNA and such are even American. I don't think anyone specified. I could have missed it.

But yeah, you're right. XD We could breed an underground army!

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kingmonkey+1 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Surely, the reptoids will have something to say about this.

http://www.reptoids.com
I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker, I get my lovin' from your mom.

kingmonkey+1
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloaked_Schemer on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Irish Wolf wrote:
Cloaked_Schemer wrote:I personally think that's a bad idea. Do they actually think they could control these monstrous creatures? If so, they're out of their fecking minds.

Well both of those would depended on what critters they chose to clone

I'm fairly certain they'd attempt to clone something crazy and incredibly dangerous. Because that's how they roll X3

Assuming they were indeed American/European, as Melfina pointed out. As long as any of our allies were behind it, it doesn't matter who. And as long as we remain cool with them <.<

Cloaked_Schemer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:25 pm

As interesting as they may be Albel, like Mel, I prefer to live. =p They're only cute until they rip your limbs off. Then it's like, "Shiiiiit my hand!!"

By control ourselves I agree with your examples. But while there are those who are kind and loving, greed and selfishness can be an over powering thing. All of the past wars have been over possessing something. Whether it be oil, land, slaves, allies, riches, women, religion or just removing an obstacle in your way. This comes from lack of control. The need to change the past or present because you don't agree with her or his way and only your way was right.

And to use dinosaurs as weapons is horrible. That's like using a dog or a cat to assassinate someone.

I have heard some people say animals don't have souls. Some think the same for clones (The Island movie is a good example). Does anyone agree with this?

Mid
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:27 pm

Everything has a soul

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cloaked_Schemer on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:30 pm

Irish Wolf wrote:Everything has a soul

The chair on which I'm sitting has a soul? This keyboard has a soul?
That's ridiculous.

Anywho, I think animals have souls as well. Hell, humans basically are animals, just light years more advanced in certain aspects.

Cloaked_Schemer
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!