Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Disappearing Character Sheet Bug

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Disappearing Character Sheet Bug

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kaeru on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:22 pm

Uhh hello!

A couple of people I know on this site have been having the issue of the contents within their character sheet being completely deleted upon submitting it, or in some cases once it goes past the length of the preview. It's apparently been a bit of a difficult bug to figure out, but I was messing around with a friend's sheet coding earlier when they experienced it and I believe I've figured out something of a fix.

I'm not sure what specifically causes the sheet to delete itself, and I'm certainly no expert when it comes to this sort of thing so take everything I'm saying with a grain of salt. However, I think the HTML code can be a bit temperamental at times if you're not careful with how you place things. For example, in my friend's sheet, there were a couple of instances where the beginning of a font code had been placed with nothing to close it off, and a hex code that looked a little like this: [color=thought #000000] When it should've been written like this: [color=#000000]

From what I've seen so far and the sheet that I worked on, cleaning up the coding overall and making sure that everything is where it's supposed to be does fix the issue entirely.

That being said, I'm gonna put it out there that if you're experiencing this issue yourself and aren't sure how to fix it, either because it's too confusing or you don't have a good grasp on the site's HTML code, I'm more than willing to lend a hand. My PMs are open if you wanna send me your CS code so I can look it over and help get everything in order, or you can contact me via Discord if you'd prefer (Alekai#9370). I have an embarrassing amount of free time these days so I'm almost always floating around the site anyhow.

Hopefully, if I get the chance to look at some more sheets, I can update this thread with any trends I see between them and potentially aid in figuring out the real root of the problem.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kaeru
Member for 9 years
Promethean Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver Visual Appeal Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Re: Disappearing Character Sheet Bug

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:22 pm

We've got this one tracked as Issue #292, and my suspicion is that it's related to unicode characters. The smaller and simpler we can make an example case, the easier it'll be to figure out for sure.
Alvin Toffler wrote:The illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.

Take a moment and consider joining my Patreon group, where I share personal development updates and plans for the future...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 19 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader Lifegiver Storyteller Donated! Anomaly Hunter Giver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!