Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Discussion on the actions of players in the current battle.

a topic in OOC: Discussion, Organization, and Reference, a part of the RPG forum.

For all out of character discussions and references.

Discussion on the actions of players in the current battle.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:51 pm

I'm starting this so the discussion can commense. Seeing how I've been warned already on how you guys are going to argue with me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Warr
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:15 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure since Tallgeese can take out a few Mobile Suits with one blast of the Dober Gun, Kaden can also. Also, the Mercurius can take out a group of Leo's as well by itself, seeing as it was built to be better than Tallgeese. And as for a Serpant, they were made to be better than a group of Leo as well. Point is, those three alone could wipe out a whole squadron of Leo's and Aries.

Now, Taurus were built to be better than Leo's, but only Space-Wise. The battle has gone pretty well so far. NPC's can be controlled by other players, meaning you can choose the fate of them; as long as it's not too extreme. And taking out eight Leo's with one Serpant full-scale Missle and Gat-attack, is very acceptable.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Southern Wind on Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:56 pm

Gracias Aarkon, i'm tryin' to discuss this to 'im on AIM. Shoulda' done some research before issuin' accusations.

The Southern Wind
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:00 pm

Well, it's not that he didn't do research, but he didn't expect this much fire power to be brought down; and it kinda' put us in an unfair advantage, but also in doing so, left the Colonies more prone to an assault at the moment, and at the same time, caused war. =O

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:06 pm

That and the fact that its past an unfair advantage. I want to know how you guys afforded these expensive mobile suits and equipment when we are all supposed to start with 1,000,000,000 and no more. We're supposed to have enough for a leo alone. And funny enough. The upgrades could not have been bought with the cash you guys earned. Because I couldn't get upgrades like that, and I have two times as many posts as you TSW, and more than the rest of the attacking force too.
Last edited by Warr on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:07 pm

Y'all gotta realize this too.

NPC in standard suits = cannon fodder ESPECIALLY in Gundam Wing.

How many times did the main characters of Gundam Wing easily take out at least 50 mobile suits? I'm reminded of the battle in antarctica after Heero and Zechs' duel when they divied up the amount of enemies into groups of fifty for each pilot.

Tauruses, Leos, Aries (yea, I'm pretty sure the plural or Aries, is just Aries, like sheep. Arieses sounds just ridiculous), all of those suits are cannon fodder compared to a main character in a decent suit. Even in a standard suit, a main character would be capable of taking out 10-20 enemies or so.

BUT, Warrius is right in the idea that all of the vets are ganging up against Earth. There needs to be a counter-balance of sorts , such as the Earth having more resources (IE, its government and employees having more money/larger allowances).

Warrius wrote:That and the fact that its past an unfair advantage. I want ot know how you guys afforded these expensive mobile suits and equipment when we are all supposed to start with 1,000,000,000 and no more. We're supposed to have enough for a leo alone. And funny enough. The upgrades could not have been bought with the cash you guys earned. Because I couldn't get upgrades like that, and I have two times as many posts as you TSW, and more than the rest of the attacking force too.

To answer this, the same way Aarkon and Pink Shadow bought their suits. Their associates pooled their money and donated it to them to pay for them.

True, everyone starts out with 1,000,000, but everyone also got like 250,000 in a bonus.
Live in your world, get KOed in mine.

ImageImage

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:13 pm

Warrius, Southern was leant his Mobile Suit, he just bought upgrades.

Sinful had enough for it a Serpant any day of the week.

And Zhelir? I'unno? O_o; Ask him?

And you could easily call for reinforcements? North America musth have more than twenty five Mobile Suits. And the only problem we'd have would be Mercurius; since Southern's Leo is now Beam Glaive and Shield, the Serpant will run out of Ammo, and Serpants aren't known for their Fighting Abilities.

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:14 pm

w00t!

GIMME ALL YOUR DANG MONNEH ANDY!!

*puts a gun to his head*

sike! sike!

But for real guys, we are going to kill the rp if we continue this way. Its getting fun though. But really we are trying our damndest (ha ha) here for the earth and we shall continue. Also lets not forward this RP too much because, this is basically what the site is all about and if we kill it, it will be kind of hard to bring it back up. Slow things down, all this quick bang bang fighting is not working.

Lets remember those peaceful times where the gundam boys had some precious beach time and chillaxing time. :)

~Take it easy

*waits for her death* -_-;

~Don''t get too excited, because then you wouldn't be so dissappointed and let down when it turns out to not be the way you want

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:16 pm

Meia, this is just a pre-strike thing. =O Starting the war. We'll all survive, then Political happenings. Some small battles, a few blood swears, alliances, more fighting, more politics, R&R, Hentai, Politics, fighting, then... Dramatic ending of the plot and re-newal of a new plot! DUM DUM DUUUM!

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MeiaGisborn on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:19 pm

Lol, I caught that!

*steals your guns*

<_<

Reinforcing on the fact Aarkon. Also lets try to be realistic here as well, if this is the pre-strike, then I don't know how the war is going to be like, when most of our forces will be without arms or legs and such. We are limited as it is. Lol.

MeiaGisborn
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:22 pm

MeiaGisborn wrote:w00t!

But for real guys, we are going to kill the rp if we continue this way. Its getting fun though. But really we are trying our damndest (ha ha) here for the earth and we shall continue. Also lets not forward this RP too much because, this is basically what the site is all about and if we kill it, it will be kind of hard to bring it back up. Slow things down, all this quick bang bang fighting is not working.

Lets remember those peaceful times where the gundam boys had some precious beach time and chillaxing time. :)

~Take it easy

*waits for her death* -_-;

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

*protects from death*

Well, Andy answered my question basically. But it still gets on my nerves and seems greatly unfair. Plus, whom is to say Warrius hasn't arranged the building of 500 or more mobile suits already in the time it has taken since the 'first' mobile suit for the earth was shown?

I'm gonna call in re-inforcements, and not all of them are going to be leos and Aries. You're right in the fact that the NAN probably has alot more than 25 mobile suits. Thats just the number he set out at first. Seeing how, this area is the area of one of the NAN's mobile suit factories, that is a reason it is a restricted zone. And the Shadowlands don't know about the factory either.

Aarkon wrote:Meia, , R&R, Hentai

Um... thats funny. ^.^ hmm........

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aarkon on Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:42 pm

o_o; That's not true. Mobile Suits can be made within a week, many of them. And in time of peace, you always have those who seek wars, and so underground Mobile Suits can be made. And I'm sure Earth didn't get rid of the Mobile Suits, just locked them away. O_o;

We're talking about a war bigger than EW!!!

Aarkon
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:24 pm

Warrius. Everyone with cash to spare in the colonies gave it to Sinful to help buy his Serpant.

Kaden has his suit, as was stated, on loan, in a more fair way than, say, randomly generating a Leo for Aarkon? His was actually purchased by another player, and loaned to him.

My suit, I robbed a bank, remember? Cleared it with Master and eveything. The upgrade came from the 250k bonus, and the additional 250k the Admins got for all the work that's been put into this site. Which is why Eric should have his Tsumetai already, guy's been workin' like a dog. -.-.
Last edited by Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Teh Andy on Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:22 am

MeiaGisborn wrote:
Zhelir Darkfall wrote:Meia, are you part of the current battle? No? Then shut up.

Was I talking about the battle like you guys were? No, then shut the fuck up. I'm really tired of your shit. What I was talking about is the rp as a whole. If you've got a personal problem with me, take it up with me personally and keep it off the rp business, alright, Mister?

Thanks.

LOL, okay, just to play devil's advocate.

If you weren't talking about the current battle, then why are you in posting in a topic that isn't concerned with the RP as a whole, but the current battle alone?

Teh Andy
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:30 am

I just want to point out that all the arguments that Warrius had posted were already addressed in my post in the same topic as the battle out in North America. The only topic I didn't bother discussing is where the colonies got the money from, but from the above posts that has been explained awell. If you have any further questions or complaints AFTER re-reading my post that already addressed all this, then let me know.

As for your calling in of reinforcements, that's fine. I'll do whatever is in Sinful's power to win, or at least get what it is he wants. That's just the way Sinful is.

I'll IM Warrius now to get a quicker response and we won't need to waste anymore forum space.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Senor_Fun on Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:42 am

Ughh... I bought a Leo, LOL.

...Oh yeah, and I have no idea what's going on in RP right now; only Colonies v. Earth (sorry guys, work's killing me ;_; ).

Senor_Fun
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:48 am

That said, I'll go ahead and delete the stuff in the actual RPG topic that, while relatively on topic, isn't really belonging to the RPG, being that it's all been addressed already.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:13 pm

Heero kicked some serious ass in a Space Leo.

Longer, more detailed posts get more money than a large number of posts.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Warr on Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:01 pm

Master wrote:Heero kicked some serious ass in a Space Leo.

Longer, more detailed posts get more money than a large number of posts.

Oh, thats another thing I'd adress. My posts are long, and detail filled. So that shoots that answer.

I'm not trying to be rude in that! ^^;;

Sorry if I seem to be.

Warr
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:13 pm

We've already addressed the reasons of our coming to ownership of mobile suits.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.