Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dissimulo [IC]

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Dissimulo [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MrMurdoch on Sat May 28, 2011 9:36 am

The Story
Dissimulo is a strange town located on the planet of Moore. Founded in 0AE (after exploration), it soon became the planet capital.
However, it holds a deadly secret... More recently, people have begun to disappear. These people range from rebels to innocent civilians. Nonetheless, with each subsequent disappearance, one more strange creature, known only as the "iGuards" appear on the streets. These cold, ruthless robots were put in place by the government. According to the governor, the bots are to "ensure the safety and well-being of the townsfolk". Everyone is under this illusion. However, a group of ten teenagers (under the name of The Golden) have their doubts. Together, this group bands together and fights the government and iGuards (the Ordinato)...

OOC: Think you have the guts to join the revolution? Check us out here! If your character gets accepted, then come back here and post it up! Please allow everyone to post. Don't reply to every message. This means that it is preferred that everyone replies once before you reply again. But if people take too long (two days tops), you may reply. But only if there are two or more posts between yourself and the next person. Let the revolution begin!

(The first post shold be linked to the profile of the character you're portraying.)

Byrne frowned, muttering darkly to himself as he awoke from his sleep. Beside him, his self-created alarm clock was ringing loudly. "Shut up, shut up! I get the damned point!" he roared to the clock, rolling over to grab the clock. Unfortunately, he rolled over a bit too far and fell out of bed. Well... at least I'm awake now... he thought to himself, picking the clock up from where he'd knocked it and pulling the pin to reset the alarm.

After this, he rummaged through his closet. Finally, he pulled out a pair of black slacks, a white shirt, and a tattered black frock coat. After throwing this on, he wandered into the kitchen of his family's apartment. Resting against the coffee maker was a note from his parents...
Dear Bernie,
Sorry we left so early. Your father was called to work and I had to drive. We'll be back soon, I promise.
In the meantime, please don't get hurt playing that strange "Hero" game with your friends.
Love,
Mum
(PS: Pancakes are in the freezer.)

"It's not a damned game," Byrne muttered darkly, balling up the paper and hurling it into the corner. After making some breakfast and eating, he swiftly combed his hair and got into the elevator, watching through the clear back wall as the world passed him by. When he reached the bottom, he darted out the door, heading for the abandoned apartment complex known to him and a small group of friends as the Lair of The Golden...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MrMurdoch
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Dissimulo [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kotaro7914 on Sat May 28, 2011 12:13 pm

Alex opened one eye as the sun shown through the small blinds which covered his window. "Mornings, how I hate them." He muttered as he sat up. He walked over to his dresser and pulled out a red T-shirt and black jeans. He pulled a black jacket over the shirt and put on his running shoes. Although early, he needed to get to the Lair of The Golden, as some of them called it. He sighed as he walked outside.

The sun was shining and the small alley that led toward the front door of his apartment was full of trash. He shook his head and stretched a bit. Parkour running always was hard on the body, but it kept him in shape. After stretching his quads, he started with a light jog, then quickly broke into a run. He jumped over the garbage can in the alley and slid on the hood of the land owners car towards the apartment complex which they all hung out at.
My life has ended, yet my body still breaths, my mind continues to run, and my eyes continue to see. The worlds true face has been revealed to me. It is why I know I have failed to prepare myself for the real world. Why the rest of my days will befilled with hardship and fear. My days will never cease my punishment for the sins I have commited. But even suicide cannot free me. So I live my days in pain, waiting for the time i may finally rest, yet my soul will forever be tortured.

-My Life

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

kotaro7914
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheSilverProject on Sat May 28, 2011 1:15 pm

Evania sighed, having woken up over an hour earlier than planned. She lie there for a few moments, hoping desperately to dose off again, but it was a useless endeavor. Rolling out of bed, she slipped on a pair of jeans and a blouse and paid a visit to the living room. She retrieved a book she had left there the night before. Then, walked cautiously back into her room, she sat down and began to read.

Finishing the book, she hesitantly looked over at her clock. Seeing that she'd only wasted a half an hour, she decided that she would sneak out a bit earlier than usual. Was there anything else to do? Knowing the answer was no, she thought about the possibility of eating breakfast... for once. Finished up her hair, she went to retrieve bottled water and a cheese stick, and found her brother already there, shoveling cereal into his mouth as speeds that should not have been possible.

"What the heck are you doin' here?!"

"I coud ashk ou teh shame ting," he replied, his mouth full of Corn Flakes.

"Nevermind... uh, are you planning on returning to bed?" She was hopeful.

"Nope!"

Evania's eyes flashed in agitation. She was tired, and now her emotions were a mess. "Fine!" She yelled, leaving her poor brother their as stunned as could be. She would get there and be with The Golden, one way or another. In fact, she would climb out her window if she had to! It then struck her that that was a wonderful idea, and she ran back to her room, where she clambered out the small window and stepped out into the dawn...

[OOC: Didn't know how to link it... http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/dissimulo/characters/evania-sylbr/]

TheSilverProject
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby KrazyTigger on Sat May 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Humming to herself, Cara moved swiftly around her large bedroom. The white walls reflected the brilliant sunlight that was streaming through the large open window, the curtain billowing in the breeze. As usual she was bright and cheerful, a glimmer to her grey eyes. Running a hand through her dark locks, she pulled them into a high ponytail, leaving strands around her pale face. Tugging on some tracksuit bottoms and a pale blue vest top, she surveyed herself in the mirror. It wasn't her normal attire, but lately she had been out jogging a lot. It helped to keep her healthy and fit. And today she was heading out earlier than she normally would. Smiling at her reflection, she grabbed her iPod and stuffed the buds into her ears, clicking the play bottom as she did. Glancing at the clock, she decided it was time she was off, or else she wouldn't have time to run before the rest of the day begun.

Silently, she slipped out of her room, closing the door behind her. Both of her parents would still be sound asleep and she did not want to wake them. As quietly as she could she walked down the hall. The rest of her house was identical to her bedroom, white and perfectly kept by her mother. Everything had to be just right, though it was sometimes a little too tidy for her own liking. The polished surfaces and the stacked books just screamed control. But despite that, Cara loved where she lived. The house was simply beautiful and more than she could have wished for.

It wasn't long before she had stepped out into the sunlight, which widened her smile even more. It was a beautiful day. Taking off down the steps at a jog, she turned left at the bottom and down the street. It didn't take her long to arrive on her favourite route and she allowed her feet to take her where they wished. She had run these paths so often recently that she didn't even really notice where she was going.

roleplay/dissimulo/characters/cara-galati/

KrazyTigger
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Commisar_Gaunt on Sat May 28, 2011 5:41 pm

Rawne wakes up, and yawns. "Damn it, I slept in." he rubs his eyes and takes a fast shower. "Gotta grab the others, its time to rock this place to the ground." he smirks as he dries off his hair. He eats a quick bowel of cereal, hides his weapons in a backpack, grabs his I-pod, and is out the door. "Time for some good old-fashioned ass kicking." he says to himself as he locks the door to the house him and his parents lived in until they disappeared. he stretches a bit, than jogs before going into a full-on run. In his spare time, Rawne is a freerunner for fun, just loving the exhiliration and the freedom it comes with. He heads for the rooftops, jumping over cars and flipping off of benches and walls. He is the first to arrive at the hotel where they all hang at. "Yes, first place again!" he whoops. "Looks like Alex owes me ten bucks." he muses as he pops open his wallet, getting ready for the big buck about to load in.

Commisar_Gaunt
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!