Doctor Who (closed)

a topic in Movies & Film, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based on movies or other film media.

Doctor Who (closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zitacamron95 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:24 pm

Image It was another quite day, as the sun started to peek its way out from the horizon. It was early spring, so the nights were still quite chilly, and everyone was happy when the sun came out to warm the day up. This would have been quite a happy day just by looking out the window and seeing how beautiful it was going to be, but looking out that window in a hospital took away from that happiness. A small boy, laid in the hospital bed staring out that window with nothing better to do. He looked to be about thirteen years old, and was quite young compaired to his older sister who was sleeping in the chair that was used for visitors. His older sister was at her final year of college, about to graduate and majored in some degree in medical science. Her whole life she had planned to be the one to find a cure for her brother's illness, but at the moment she was on break, so she decided to stay with her brother.

Lily opened her eyes and looked over at the boy in the bed and yawned. "Sam, you should really get some rest. You haven't been sleeping very well lately, have you?" Lily sighed, as she pulled herself up into a sitting position and grabbed a brush from her purse to at least not look like a total mess. Lily wasn't used to living this normal life anymore, after one day of meeting a man that had this wonderful life of adventure including time travel, aliens, and different worlds. It was all so amazing, and Lily had been able to join this man on his adventures to different worlds traveling in a little blue box that had the words Police Box written on it. She had decided after a while to take a break and go see her brother for a few days, though to him it was like the girl had never left, to her it was like it had been forever since she had seen her younger brother. She stood up and walked to the window staring out as she wondered if the man with the blue box would ever come back to see her again, or if deciding that she needed a break meant that it was time to end the adventure.

Lily finally turned around when she heard footsteps coming into the room, she had been excited for a moment thinking that maybe the man she knew as, The Doctor, was back to start another adventure. The smile on her face faded when she saw it was just a regular doctor that worked for the hospital, though it wasn't Sam's regular doctor. The doctor smiled kindly at the girl, and Lily started to feel uneasy like she knew there was something different with this guy. "I'm Doctor Williams, nice to meet you. You must be Samuel's sister, I'm studying Sam's case to see if we can find a cure for whatever is hurting him," The man explained as he stepped towards Sam's bed and took a look at his charts. The two siblings had fallen silent and just stared at the man that they weren't sure about anymore. Doctor William's glanced at Lily for a moment and smiled once again, "You must be hungry, there's a cafeteria downstairs, it just opened up for the day, why don't you go down and get yourself something to eat?"

"I'm fine," Lily muttered as she crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at this doctor, "I'm not terribly hungry after I just woke up." She had no idea what this guy was planning, but she wasn't going to allow anything to happen to her brother. She wasn't going to let this guy be alone with Sam, if she could help it, there was something going on and she would rather find out before something bad happened. The doctor just smiled for a moment, though it seemed he was a little irritated by Lily not wanting to move or go anywhere. He made one more quick run through of the charts stared at the machines to make sure they were working properly before telling them he would be back later and left the two alone once again. Lily watched doctor Willaims leave the place and sighed, "I guess I'm not leaving any time soon." She then sat back down in the chair and turned on the television for background noise.

"That guy was weird, and he had a straw in his back pocket." Sam stated bluntly as he looked at his sister and smiled. "Why don't you tell me more stories about The Doctor?"

Lily smiled, "Sure, have I ever told you about the Daleks?"

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zitacamron95
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: Doctor Who (closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flieslikeabrick on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:26 pm

ImageIt was a cloudy day over Constitution Hill, London. The year, as stated by the locals was 1840. The doctor stood in the middle of a small crowd watching, like everyone there, a golden coach slowly pass by on the road. Riding it were two people, a man and a woman in elegant clothes.

The carriage slowly made progress with the horse mounted guard riding along the road when a man stepped away from the crowd. The man drew a pair of pistols from his jacket and rose them, pointing at the coach and it's occupants. This was the cue for the doctor to get into action. Running, he shoulder-checked the man, causing him to fall to the ground as he squeezed the triggers. “Now that's why you should not try to kill Her Majesty the queen, mister Oxford!” Said the doctor before running back into the crowd.

Part of the guards apprehended the attacker and a few others ran after the Doctor. “That's what you get for saving their queen, now run Billie!” The doctor shouted to his assistant as they ran into an alley.

“Behind that door!” Ordered the doctor pointing at an open door, it was the first hiding spot he could see. “Shouldn't we go back to the TARDIS?” Asked the young woman “Shush, they are coming.” Answered the Doctor pulling the girl into the shadow and closing the door just before the guards appeared and kept running until they were out of sight. “Now, we should go back.” Concluded the Doctor, walking back the way they came from.

“What are those?” Asked Billie as some large, bulky, green beings with large eyes and big claws appeared around the same corner the guards ran into.

Raxacoricofallapatorians, the Doctor recognized the aliens from Raxacoricofallapatorius and pulled his assistant's arm. “Run! To the TARDIS!” He yelled and started running as well. Reaching the now deserted street the Doctor turned into another of the side streets as the raxacoricofallapatorians quickly closed the distance and where within arms reach when the Doctor and Billie finally jumped in and he shut the door.
“What were those things?” The young woman asked. “Raxacoricofallapatorians, aliens, of the dangerous type.” The Doctor promptly answered. “Is it always dangerous like this?” The girl asked again. “I'm afraid it is, Billie.” The Doctor said in a sad tone. “I want to go home.” Said Billie. “I don't want to die away from home, 200 years before I'm supposed to exist.” She added. The Doctor expected that to happen someday, humans typically don't last very long trying to lead a life like his. “Then I guess it is time to take you home.” The Doctor said as he started pressing the buttons and the TARDIS travelled through time once more, the typical whirring and grinding sound could be heard when it de-materialised and re-materialised in a parking lot.

“Well Billie, if my calculations are correct you are home and this should be the morning after we met.” The Doctor announced opening the door and leaving the TARDIS. “Goodbye then, doctor. Sorry to let you down” The girl said before starting to walk away. “Farewell, my friend.” The doctor replied as she left. He then turned around and saw the entrance to a hospital, being the Doctor, he decided to change to a more appropriate white coat in the TARDIS and go in.

Reaching the atrium, the Doctor looked around and spotted another doctor with a very suspicious looking straw in his pocket, and since the Doctor is never somewhere by a mere coincidence, he decided to follow him. Eventually reaching the blood bank, the Doctor decided to wait outside and continued to follow the suspicious man when he came back outside.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

flieslikeabrick
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zitacamron95 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:09 pm

"So...they're...robots?" Sam asked.

"No, they aren't robots, there's actually a live organisim in the metal suit. No wonder I never told you about the Daleks they're hard to explain..." Lily sighed as she thought about how to explain what a Dalek exactly was. "Well, I guess you could say it's like in the cartoons when there's a robot, but that robot is being controlled by a person on the inside. So, they're like robots, but they aren't the same. The Dalek would be the person on the inside controlling the robot. It's full of only emotion and that's hatred, they would destroy everything if they could. One man stands in their way though-"

"The Doctor!" Sam exclaimed, inturpting his older sister. "I want to meet this guy before I die."

Lily smirked, "Well, Sam, since you aren't going to die any time soon, maybe one day you will." She stood up from her seat and looked at her messanger bag that was once filled with books and the normal every day student essentials but now was replaced with a few clean changes of clothes and whatever she could get into it so that she could stay at the hospital with her brother for as long as she possibly could before she had to go home again. "Oh, I forgot, I got you something on my way to our apartment." Lily said as she grabbed her bag and pulled out a coloring book, "I stopped in a small store and figured you needed something else to do other than watch television and look out the window." Lily smiled as she gave it to her little brother and then pulled out a large box of crayons as well and handed it over.

Sam grinned as he looked at his two gifts, "You're the best sister ever!"

"You're only saying that because I got you a present." Lily smiled as she looked at the time. "I'm going to grab us some breakfast from the cafe down the street, much better than hospital food right?"

Sam nodded as he opened up his new box of crayons and started to color on the first page. He was just happy to have something new to do and one of his favorite things to do was to color. Lily was reluctant to leave her brother alone, but there was only one way to get good breakfast. She knew her brother didn't really like the hospital food and wouldn't eat too much of it, the boy only ate it when he was starving and it was only a small bit of it. He wouldn't eat the food otherwise, and that meant that he was practically starving himself. Lily didn't want that to happen and noticed that he actually ate right if he was given food that wasn't made by the hospital. She walked out of the room and told one of the nurses that Sam is not to be alone with that Doctor Williams. She didn't care if it was a new doctor that was supposed to be an expert about the illness Sam had, she didn't trust this new doctor.

As she finally made her way towards the exit, she passed right by the man she had been waiting to see again. She only caught a glance from the corner of her eye and it took a while to process what had just happened. She stopped in her tracks, turned around and looked again, when she saw him her face practically lit up. Then, something hit her, if The Doctor was here, something was wrong. The smile on her face had disappeared just as soon as it had come, she looked at The Doctor and around wondering what the man was doing in this place. She finally walked up to him and asked, "What are you doing here? Please, tell me there isn't something dangerous walking around this hospital."

Zitacamron95
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flieslikeabrick on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:50 am

The Doctor followed the suspicious man back to the main entrance. It was full of people walking in and out of the hospital, it was there that The Doctor ran across a familiar face, one that he didn't expect to find in this place and time. Unless his calculations or the TARDIS took him to the wrong day.

"Oh! Hello there Lily! I didn't expect to see you here, I thought..." He started greeting with a smile but was quickly overwhelmed by Lily's questions. "Well, I took a friend back home and decided to check out this hospital..." The Doctor started, trying to answer, now with a confused look on his face. "Well, I don't know, there is?" He asked after a quick moment of thinking. "Now that I think of it, there's that man with a very suspicious looking straw..." The Doctor concluded, trying to point at his direction, but the man was nowhere to be found.

"And he just disappeared, something is very wrong here Lily, and it is my job to find out what that is." The Doctor said, looking around and turning his head, trying to find the suspicious medic. "Let's go, Lily, it is time for more adventure!" He said in an apparently oblivious tone and the typical glint in his eyes that appeared every time he faced a potentially dangerous mystery, almost daily in his case, but that is The Doctor's routine. "And it is good to see you too." The Doctor added before walking in the direction of the wards the suspect was last seen entering.

flieslikeabrick
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zitacamron95 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:04 am

Lily looked at The Doctor, she wasn't exactly too excited this time to see him. Yes, she would have loved to continue going on their adventures, but she surely didn't want that to mean there was something dangerious in this hospital. The last thing she needed was something bad to happen to her brother, and that was something that The Doctor always brought with him. She wanted to be excited that she was able to see The Doctor again and get back to the adventure, but her brother was very important to her, and if something were to happen to him because of this whole thing she wouldn't be too happy about it.

Even with all this going through her head she still followed the man through the hospital. It was just so hard not to figure out what was going on that this man had already figured out. She looked around for a moment and then thought about what doctor The Doctor could be talking about. Lily had only seen a few of the doctors around and all of them had seemed very nice and were treating her and her brother very well. None of them had acted strange at all and she was sure that there wouldn't be anything wrong with her brother. Unless, of course, she counted the doctor from this morning, he seemed quite strange...and didn't Sam say something about a straw being in the doctor's pocket?

"Doctor, I think I know who you're talking about, he went to see my brother today...he was acting quite strange and my brother did say something about a straw being in his back pocket. I told the nurse that looks after Sam not to let that doctor back in to see him, but you don't think he's here to hurt my brother do you?" Lily asked as they moved along to find this doctor that went missing. It would be best to find him quickly otherwise the bad feeling Lily was getting in her stomach was just going to get worse.

Zitacamron95
Member for 10 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!