Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Doll Parade

Doll Parade

a part of “Doll Parade”, a fictional universe by Proxidog.

Once upon a time a boy built a clock tower for a king. It was so high that it reached into the clouds...and it became filled with all form of fantastic creature and all the elements of his dreams.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Doll Parade”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Doll Parade

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:30 am

Hello there ^_^ Come on in, sit down, have some tea! If you're interested in the game you should read through the rules: http://allpoetry.com/poem/7341980 I know they're a little lengthy but most of them just talk about basic roleplaying etiquette so they're worth giving a look especially since they provide a little more information on the game world such as what kind of characters exist therein. If you have any questions just ask! <3
Salarian used Genophage ... ... It's Massively Effective!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Proxidog
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Doll Parade

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Artik on Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:18 pm

Definitely interested and I think I'm going to shoot for a spot as a Card..or maybe a Maj. :)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Artik
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Ahoy there, prospective player! ^_^ ...

You realize there may be little hope for escape now, right? x3 heeheehee

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Resurgam on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:58 pm

This looks interesting. I'm just wondering what your expectation of poster activity is. I'm committed to several other roleplays so I might not be able to post regularly, but I often make interesting background characters. It may be best to give my place to someone more active, so I'll wait and see how the interest in this goes.

Resurgam
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:35 am

I must say I am thoroughly intrigued. I loved your rules and I love the story idea. I've played many-a doll character and will maybe make one for this as well.

I do have a question about the dolls. Obviously, you've stated in the rules that they may not even have any distinguishing features of their sex, but do they have emotions? Are they dolls in the sense that they just go about following the orders of something or someone? I have a few ideas in mind, but I wanna make sure I get this all right.

I like your style and I think I may follow you around on here. >)

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:32 am

Hello~ ^_^

@Resurgam: Honestly, I'm the kind of person that tends to have a lot of time on her hands, so I like to keep up with my games pretty well. I tend to work well with players that can post multiple times in a single day but expect my players to post at the VERY least once every other day. I can be laid back and I can be very patient with people but like most I start to get bored with a game when things don't continue to move along at a reasonable pace after a week or two. I'm new to this site so I don't know what the norm is here yet but so far this has been the longest it has taken for one of my games to gather players...hopefully this is because my long list of rules is doing it's job and weeding out those who wont take the time to read them.

@Lovely: oh noes~ xD lol (cool avi ^^ your art or someone elses?)

The dolls can be really flexible in physical appearance. Like any dolls, whether they be based on porcelain dolls, toy soldiers, Korean BJDs, etc...they can be obviously female, obviously male, or practically androgynous.

The only reason I mentioned them in the boundaries->nudity section of the rules is that they may or may not have the parts to back it up simply because they're based off of dolls and some dolls are sculpted fully human while some dolls aren't. This decision is left up to the player and I'm mostly like: "*shrug* whatever" about it because it will probably never even come up in game.

Their range of emotion and free will also vary between doll and it will depend on the player as to what they want. All these things deeply effect the character. Within reason I want everyone to be able to play their characters how they want to so I won't dictate to them exactly how they have to look or act as long as it fits into the basic premise of the game.

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:44 pm

I'd love to have a monster character! He won't be a carbon copy of anything, I shall try my hardest to give him his own originality, but I need to go to work.

also, does the script call for villains at all?

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:47 pm

@Jakob: I'd prefer any baddies be left to me but we may be able to work something out if you've got your heart set on it

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zephyr on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:59 pm

Hmmm~
I'm definitely interested; just wondering how many characters I am allowed to submit...?
Hello, friends...

Zephyr
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:16 pm

@Tsukihana You're allowed to submit multiples but It states how many characters each player is allowed to use in game in the rules

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:30 pm

For anyone who is wondering I will add a few more NPCs as I go and I'm drawing avatars for the two I have posted up already

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Areiv on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:06 pm

Sounds pretty interesting. 8D I'll probably submit a character. XD

Question about the Maj - what kind of magic and stuff are they allowed to have? Just anything (within reason), or does it have to be something like an element?

Areiv
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:42 pm

@Areiv: just about anything within reason (no crazy world-enders obviously, I don't want any Lina Inverse characters xD) mainly little things like moving objects around or briefly animating things, summoning buckets full of water, lighting candles, levitating or flying at a reasonable pace, reading people's moods, telling fortunes, creating mist, healing...that sort of thing ^^ being specialized in a certain element or certain abilities is good but the Maj can do lots of different things

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:50 pm

I've added an avatar pic for Troubadour ^^

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saiwalo on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:26 pm

I would love to play an annoying young sprite who thinks he's a big tough lad despite being about four inches tall! Maybe he can be helpful occasionally, when he's not irritating your characters with epic mischief? :3 It's getting late/early over here (Brit!) so I'll probably post an application tomorrow if that's OK with you. Very interested though, and I appreaciate a solid and literate roleplay.

I'll send a writing-sample PM in the morning. :) Good night for now!

saiwalo
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolrSurfr3 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:39 pm

This looks really cool! I'll definitely have to make a character or two. :D

SolrSurfr3
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikhos on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Alright - my character shall be a force of justice. Just curious, is all.

Mikhos
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himrosthelastwarrior on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:35 pm

How human does a doll have to appear?

Himrosthelastwarrior
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:42 pm

It's so wonderful to see so many people interested in the game! ^_^

@Himrosthelastwarrior:
Mostly human but it's really flexible. For example: because it's an anime style rp I don't mind any of the characters having abnormally colored hair or eyes. The dolls can even have entire limbs that are clockwork...But why specifically do you ask?

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Proxidog on Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:45 pm

@Jakob: I see that you submitted a character for approval, and he's definitely cool and all (I love lions they're awesome <3 My big brother plays a lion anthro half the time)...but you didn't use the character template I mentioned in the rules, and I also mentioned something in the rules about submitting a test post which you didn't do... :/

I can't accept a character from someone who doesn't carefully read all the rules of a game before joining...

I hope that you can forgive me, but I have to follow this because it's a rule I've set for myself to obey as a storyteller
sumimasen *bow*

Proxidog
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!