Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Doom Wars

Doom Wars

a part of “Doom Wars”, a fictional universe by The Soul one.

A battleship of humankind finds a wormhole to a different part of the galaxy where a war of massive proportions is taking place, and the human's first alien friends are losing.[DEAD]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Doom Wars”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Doom Wars

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DuBois_Scarlett on Thu May 30, 2013 12:39 pm

Dude, you know I never have a problem with that ;P

Mwah! x

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DuBois_Scarlett
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Thu May 30, 2013 3:30 pm

BROMANDER SHEPARD,
You just made plagiarism look good. ;)
Yes, all player combatants can be part of regiment 13, 'Spartans' if they wish.
I hope you are as skilled as you say... Actually, I hope everyone's better, that way we can have a good story going for a long time!
I used to be nice... Then I got bored.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Thu May 30, 2013 3:35 pm

aha glad you like my little melting pot of space badasses ;]
I should go.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 am

HOLY HELL IN A HANDBASKET WITH A HANDGRENADE.

I leave with three posts before me, and come to see about seven more or so. Fuck. I hope I can keep up.

Also, I love how much everyone knows about Issac...then again, I suppose I should have been more descriptive by "one person". So...I guess, as it stands, I'll let the Doctor Ophelia, First Sergent Volf, and the Captian know the basics/cybermechanical aspects of Program Issac--however, only Dr. Ophelia is qualified to actually enter the heart of the system, where the resident brain in a jar exists. No one else is to really know, unless obvious hints are dropped/he reveals himself/etc.

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Fri May 31, 2013 12:33 pm

Well, all the players are kinda elite compared to the rest of the crew, so I don't see a major problem. Plus, John Shepard or O never said anything about it, as far as I can remember, so the fighters don't know, while the support guys do. Seems to be working okay, as long as the Issac keeps more of a business like attitude to the captain unless he starts to use a headset, otherwise the entire bridge can hear him.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Fri May 31, 2013 12:49 pm

Yes, it should work fine now. I do suppose I was a little butthurt about not having the 'one person' thing go as I planned, but I suppose I just need to go with it. And as to intercom thing, unless the Captain himself does it, Issac's still gonna be Issac. Even if the Captain asks the 'AI' to retain a military demeanor, Issac'll still be one to push all the buttons on people he possibly can.

As to that virus...we're you planning something specific, or what?

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shaodow on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:22 pm

are you in need of any specific characters?

Shaodow
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Not specifically, as long as its human/cyborg/robot, and on the ship before they went through the wormhole, I'm pretty open to anything.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:50 pm

Brommander Shepard: no offense, but i think you need to back up and tone down on the Eva thing, there. You're kinda stepping on my toes. AI with preprogrammed pseudoemotional responses--that is, reacts like a human more or less would-- I could understand. But perfect AI? AI in which itself has hopes and dreams, and can think freely for itself? This cannot exist with the current plot line, for imagine all the plot holes it would open, specifically due to the existence of my character.

For example, assuming that this AI Eva is not toned down and given distinct flaws, then what would be the point of even allowing Project Program Issac to exist, nor any precursing experiments in biocomputing? If the technology of actual AI had existed, there would be no reason. And TITAN, while a devious and controlling company, is still a company. More money could be made off of perfect AI than that of a biocomputer. Further, there is no ethical harm in writing a program, but there is for looting a dead man of his death and proir freedom. Why risk it, then, with Issac if Eva is what the safer bet is?

Sorry to be the grumpy old man shouting "Get off my lawn"...but you do, I hope, understand my logic. So...get off my lawn, if you would please.

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:50 pm

I agree with you, NewKid. Perhaps it comes with limited memory, and/or perhaps it has almost no function other than communication, more of a walkie talkie with a mind of its own. Anyway, Shepard, the A.I. really is a little too high tech for now. Although if you think about it, it won't be for long. There are, after all, aliens that could use human help, and they'd obviously be very grateful for someone to rush in save their asses.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Bromander Shepard on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:30 am

I'm sorry you both feel that way. I'd hate to step on anyone's toes creatively but I'd hate more to bastardize solid plot points that I feel need not be altered. Isaac is not a true AI therefore I don't feel the addition of Eva into the story line effects him at all. She serves more as a core facet of Shepard's personality as she allows the reader to see past the "war hero" persona he is constantly portraying. Never the less you have each made your points more than clear about not wanting an Eva like AI present in your story and I'll respect that. I won't however remove her from Shepard but instead will remove Shepard from the story all together. I will not continue to write within this story line when creative control over my own characters are, in my opinion, needlessly censored. I'm sorry in advance for any inconvenience this may or may not cause and hope the remaining writers involved enjoy the story you have all created here.

Bromander Shepard
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:50 am

Well, that's your call...
(Well, that escalated quickly...)

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NewKidOnTheBlock on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:01 pm

...I was going to rant, but it seems that the Internet thinks otherwise for my say. Therefore, I shall condense it.

A) Read to read, not what you think you see. You obviously missed the part where I definetly didn't say anything about scraping Eva. I only requested you modified her to be more realistic and less of a character-clasher with, admittably, my own character.

B) Go with the flow...mostly. I mean, things with Issac didn't go the way I had originally planned, but I was willing to tweak things around and compromise on things I thought were problems. If you had any compromisable suggestions, I was more than willing to listen. Which leads to:

C) The Golden Rule. If you are going to leave, at least give a valid complaint/reason without slandering others. Neither myself, nor the GM especially, were trying to censor you. I never made mention of deleting Eva, only of realism added to a mature and realistic--if not sci-fi--plot. Admittably, I was and am a bit more tender of the subject due to my own character. But censor? You, sir, assume wrong. Had you denied change, I would be personally unhappy, but I would still RP and react character-wise accordingly.

NewKidOnTheBlock
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:58 am

Seems he forgot to abandon character... Oh well. I'd like to continue, if its alright with everyone else. When he remembers to abandon John, I'll take him and play him unless either someone else wants too, or a new person who wants to joins.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby unseenshadow2 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:25 pm

NewKidOnTheBlock wrote:...I was going to rant, but it seems that the Internet thinks otherwise for my say. Therefore, I shall condense it.

A) Read to read, not what you think you see. You obviously missed the part where I definetly didn't say anything about scraping Eva. I only requested you modified her to be more realistic and less of a character-clasher with, admittably, my own character.

B) Go with the flow...mostly. I mean, things with Issac didn't go the way I had originally planned, but I was willing to tweak things around and compromise on things I thought were problems. If you had any compromisable suggestions, I was more than willing to listen. Which leads to:

C) The Golden Rule. If you are going to leave, at least give a valid complaint/reason without slandering others. Neither myself, nor the GM especially, were trying to censor you. I never made mention of deleting Eva, only of realism added to a mature and realistic--if not sci-fi--plot. Admittably, I was and am a bit more tender of the subject due to my own character. But censor? You, sir, assume wrong. Had you denied change, I would be personally unhappy, but I would still RP and react character-wise accordingly.

I know that I am late to say this, but I feel I must.

Assuming that, in this future, we can scan and copy a human brain to a digital format, we can create a perfect AI without the need of a human brain. The downside to this, I rely on the concept that computers still do have some level of size, is that Eva would have to be at least the size of a modern (our time) home computer, if not the size of a super computer. This would make it so that Eva would run completely from wireless communications and would be, in essence, a copy of a human brain.
"There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign." Sovereign, Mass Effect

unseenshadow2
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!