Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A Door in the Woods

A Door in the Woods

a part of “A Door in the Woods”, a fictional universe by Chihari.

Not all can see it, but those who can may find refuge

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “A Door in the Woods”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] A Door in the Woods

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jane Storm on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:15 am

Do you have a plot in mind Chihari or is this going to be a free play? :D
Bother me with stupid things only if you have a good, tamed humour ...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jane Storm
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chihari on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:21 am

To be honest, I haven't the slightest clue what we'll do next ^-^

I just planned on everyone contributing to the progression of the story on their own, and since all the characters have such colorful backgrounds, I'm sure we'll be able to come up with something!
♫♥♪He Got That Super Bass♫♥♪

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Chihari
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Maeve on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Dang, hadn't realized the RP had begun. I'll get to posting immediately. :3
Ask questions. Ask away. I'll be here all day. I <3 Questions. With a PASSION.
You have no social life...
SHUT UP VOICE!

The Other Reality"
Always accepting!

Maeve
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Watcher on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Seirei wrote:The clergyman builds a very odd love-hate relationship with the demoness, and the Halloween demon recruits everyone else into his homosexual harem. Zaria realizes the Manor is a sentient being and falls in love with it. Problem SOLVED.

Alternatively, someone could mistake Karst for an androgynous female to balance things out xD. Could be amusing.

Is Michael supposed to be the Clergyman? He was just supposed to be something like Dante from Devil May Cry, but without about 50% of the bad-assery. Definetly not a clergyman.

Still, your probably right, regardless.

Watcher
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Ah, I reread it his profile and I now see he isn't picky about what religion his holy objects stem from, my bad. I suppose Anderson confused me :D

Seirei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Watcher on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Hellsing fan, then?

Watcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:56 am

Oh yes, though I'm not much a fan of the original anime. The manga and new Ultimate OVA are great, though. That said, I like Drifters as well, and Gunmania is pretty amusing in its craziness.

EDIT: Man, I discovered that Karst REALLY does not like animals! Also, I apologise for not making mention of Ka/Za/Sa but you seemingly ordinary humans are simply not on his radar >_< what a troublesome character.
EDIT2: Lol Braggart :D

Seirei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Watcher on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:06 pm

I only ever read the original manga, which was pretty "bloody" good, to borrow phrase. Also, I really think Michael is gonna hate being called a holy man, just so you guys know.

Watcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:10 pm

Tell him to stop walking around with crosses around his neck :p or state that it's not a Christian cross, but something else. Maltese crosses are cool.

Concerning Hellsing, the Hellsing Ultimate anime follows the manga exactly. Episode 7 is especially impressive - it details Zorin Blitz's assault on Hellsing Manor, when Bernadotte dies. I very much recommend it.

Seirei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Watcher on Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Seirei wrote:Tell him to stop walking around with crosses around his neck :p or state that it's not a Christian cross, but something else. Maltese crosses are cool.

How would that stop him from being called a holy man? Both are symbols of the cloth, aren't they? Sure, different patterns and fabrics, but still....

Watcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:02 pm

In origin, they're both religious symbols. Most crosses that differ from the Christian cross however, are most often linked to a particular branch that has long since ceased to exist. They are actual relics of the past, as opposed to the ordinary cross, which basically marks anyone as a Christian.

On a different note, I accidentally made a topic in the OOC section of the roleplay tab. I haven't the foggiest clue how to delete it, so I'll just leave it be. Chihari, can you think of something we could use it for? :p

Seirei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Watcher on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Maybe so, but the Christian Religion is still pretty damn old, so there are probably some relics associated with it. The one that Michael pulled out was one of those old relics that I said he was studying at the time. Wasn't very imaginative, I admit, but it got the job done... except, it didn't repel anything, so thats more like it got the job half-done and said, "well, good enough."

Anyway, the only reason I used it was because I had recently read 'salem's Lot. Blue light, main character in the book wasn't neccesarialy a holy man, pretty much the main inspiration behind the character and that particular tool. That and since I had seen Anderson a couple of years back when I read Hellsing, the stars kinda aligned for me. He was the neatest BAMF I had seen, even if he was nuttier than squirrel poo.

Watcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dave North on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:25 am

Do you still accept characters?

Dave North
Member for 13 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jane Storm on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:31 am

I think no one will like the nickname >:]
I'm actually glad that some of the characters have christian references (directly or not), I'm a christian (not a very good one since I'm playing a succubus lol) and it's kinda nice to come across this particular theme in roleplays. I never find it boring although it's highly overused. Btw, nice pick with Anderson.

Jane Storm
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Completionist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:34 am

The GM's attention has been spread out over the dozen or something roleplays she's made (:p), but I don't believe we've closed character sign ups.

Seirei
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chihari on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:59 pm

I'm sorry guys I have like an addiction to making new stuff and it's got my time all tied up. I'll try and post either today or tomorrow though, sorry ^-^;;

Chihari
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jane Storm on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:37 am

Chihari wrote:Sign ups are always open!

I'm sorry guys I have like an addiction to making new stuff and it's got my time all tied up. I'll try and post either today or tomorrow though, sorry ^-^;;

No pb, Chihari, just don't abandon this one (many GM'S for one reason or another end up doing it XD) If you don't have an idea, I suggest inviting the lot to breakfast or somethin' and make introductions..ok, it's a stupid idea =)) I'll be waiting for your post until I put mine up.

Jane Storm
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Watcher on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:35 am

Actually, thats not bad, since the basic plot is pretty crazy anyway, not to mention the characters. Except mine, of course. Mine is better. Thats right, I said it. (:

Watcher
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chihari on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Phew, I finally posted! It's not much, but hey I came up with something that hopefully everyone will enjoy :D

Chihari
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seirei on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:53 pm

Will post sometime tomorrow I hope, gotta study for an exam! Oh Jane - could you remove 'over there' in your post and replace it by 'earlier' or something? I don't think Karst feels much for joining the others in the kitchen, unless Marxira/cake calls in the favor for making candies, or manages to convince him in some other way before I write my post ;p

Seirei
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!