Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Downton Abbey: The Aftermath

a topic in Movies & Film, a part of the RPG forum.

For roleplay based on movies or other film media.

Downton Abbey: The Aftermath

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theghastlypirate on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:02 pm

The Crawley family will be dealing with the death of Matthew Crawley, the arrival of Cora's playboy brother, Lady Rose continuing to raise concerns, Lord Gillingham who is a longtime friend of the family and may have his eyes on Mary as a potential suitor, Charles Blake an aristocrat who has come in hopes of impressing Mary, and I would love to see Gregson’s and Edith’s relationship blossom.

The Crawley family is hoping to return life to normal as soon as possible, so they are throwing a dinner party. They have invited various people from England to join them for a few days of festivities and dinner parties.

Rules:
1) Have fun
2) I recommend having some knowledge of Downton Abbey, if not, just let me know and I will update you.
3) Keep your posts to at least 200 words.
4) I would love some extra drama in this, so feel free to throw things out!
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

theghastlypirate
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Downton Abbey: The Aftermath

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theghastlypirate on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:04 pm

Mary Crawley sat up in her hospital bed, gently cradling her newborn son. He was on the verge of crying, so she softly hummed a light tune in hopes of calming him down. Matthew had left about two hours ago, leaving Mary alone in this hospital bed. Her long brown hair was delicately put into the same updo it usually was. A few strands fell down on her face. Her bright brown eyes looked up from the face of her son and she saw her parents quickly walking towards her. A smile began to form on her lips but it quickly fell as they came closer. Something was wrong. “What? What is it?” She quickly asked. Her mother sat on her bed, carefully taking the baby from Mary’s arms, gripping Mary’s hand tightly. “Mary,” her father started, “Matthew’s been in an accident.” Mary froze. “Mary, I’m sorry,” her mother said, tears forming in her eyes. They didn’t need to say more. “I… can’t breathe,” Mary grasped her chest. Nurses ran over trying to calm her and steady her breathing. Eventually they were successful.

Mary and her son, who was born a few weeks early, remained in the hospital for several days. Her mother and a valet came to pick her up from the hospital and take her to the Abbey. Her mother helped her to the car; Mary was clinging onto her son, the only remaining piece of Matthew that remained. After much heartache, she had decided to name her son George.

It had been a week since her return to Downton and she had not left her room, except for Matthew’s funeral. It took all of her energy to attend the funeral and not collapse by his grave. It may not have been his job, but Carson had continuously brought her food and Mary frequently found herself crying into his arms. If Carson had not stayed with her to ensure that she ate, Mary would have rejected the food.
Mary sat in front of her vanity, brushing her hair before braiding it over her shoulder. She had dark circles under her eyes. Anna came in to help her get dressed in one of her many black dresses. When Mary was required to wear black dresses for mourning before this incident, she never felt truly sad. But now, the black perfectly mimicked what she felt inside. Anna hugged Mary, a human touch that Mary deeply appreciated. Mary picked up George, his crisp white blanket contrasting with her black dress. He had yet to know heartbreak. Mary opened the door and stepped outside. She felt unsafe but continued. She heard voices from the sitting room and made her way towards them.

“You are strong. A storm-braver if I ever saw one.”

Matthew’s words gave her strength as she made her way closer to the room.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

theghastlypirate
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!