Dragon Age: Entity (Closed)

a topic in Video Games, a part of the RPG forum.

For any roleplay based on video games.

Dragon Age: Entity (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jekyl on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:01 pm

It's been three months since Hawke - Champion of Kirkwall and savior to mages everywhere killed Knight-Commander Meredith. Though the Champion and his mishap group of companions as since moved on from Kirkwall the city still stands, an abyess of shadow and darkness. The Chantry is being rebuilt, but the Gallows have been ignored since that fateful night of the battle. Some Templars try and see if there is anything that they can do with the place, try and see if they can fix it up a bit, but no- every step you take makes you feel like you're one step closer to falling into hell's clutch. The city itself is a nightmare and no matter the race, everyone knows that this place is the start of the beginning of the end. That this rebellion isn't as simple as most templars and preachers are hoping.

Among all the chaos in the city you've come here, for whatever reason remains unknown. There's someone else in this city that you're going to meet, someone that like you have a destiny bigger than most, a destiny which dependent on your choices could help or further destroy this dying world. Be warned that while you two are destined for greatness does not mean that you will live to see it, Kirkwall is a very dangerous place now, and while most mages have gone elsewhere the criminal and mercenary groups are taking control of the city nights, willing to kill anyone if they get in their way. But these are just mere specks compared to some of the danger you will face. The danger that you know lies outside the city, and the danger who somehow know that you're going to meet face to face.

This is a destiny only few could handle, and even fewer could master.
So, which are you?

-----------------------------------------

Characters

Main :

<+> Cyrus Ottarius Mordecai.

<+> Verona Hollen.

NPC :

-----------------------------------------

Members

This is a 1x1 roleplay intended for myself (Jekyl) and Madmoiselle.
Please do not post, however feel free to read through.
Last edited by Jekyl on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jekyl
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Cyrus Ottarius Mordecai

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jekyl on Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:35 pm

Name: Cyrus Ottarius Mordecai

Race: Human.
Nationality: Tevinter.
Class: Mage.
Specialization(s): Blood Mage.

Persona: Tough, brittle, and cold Cyrus is not someone that you'd like to meet face to face without assurance that he's not going to pull anything. He's deceptive and manipulative and isn't above killing people just because he wants to, or they cheated him at cards. His mind works it a more psychotic way that most minds, and this is probably something to do with the demons that he's let crawl around in his thoughts to grant him more and more power. Somehow he's managed to keep himself from being pocessed, but anyone would think that he was under the influence of the demons just by the way that he acts. He's a powerful and strong mage, someone who's exceeding limit is far beyond anything that most mages could conjuer. He sees the world as black and white, you're either his friend or his enemy, there's no in between, no nothing. The only thing he understands is that he's either going to kill you or let you live, and if you're lucky enough that he sees fit to let you live than best to not push your luck with him, he's been known to turn without a second's notice. He's heavily sarcastic and you can barely pick out what he's saying (especially when he's drunk.) He's someone that claims that they 'feel nothing' and that 'emotions are petty' however he does feel them from time to time and does know that they do exist, he just chooses to ignore them for the most part. He's deadly and can pack a punch, don't mess with him unless you no longer have will to live.

Romantic Interest: N/A
Lover: N/A
Immediate Family:
Father - Lucian Kyros Mordecai (Deceased) (44 at Time of Death)
Mother - Mabel Nasha Payton (Deceased) (23 at Time of Death)

Other: His staff (Staff of Violation). His robe (Tevinter Robe).
Last edited by Jekyl on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jekyl
Member for 7 years

Re: Dragon Age: Entity (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madmoiselle on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Verona Hollen

Race: Human.
Nationality: Nevarran
Class: Warrior
Specialization(s): Templar

Persona:Verona has a personality as fiery as her vermilion locks. She is infamous among her fellow Templars as being as sharp with her tongue as she is with her blade, and never hesitating to knock her foe down a peg with both. Having three older brothers, Vera has quiet the rich vocabulary, and swears as much as pirate. She's intelligent and eager to learn as many new things as she can. She's read many of the Chantry's books and has even hidden the more "scandalous" stories written by bards under her bed on her nights off duty.
Like many Templar's, she blames the Mage's for the uprising and the Great War. She takes great pleasure in destroying blood mages and any that defy the Templars demand for order. Vera has always trusted her instincts when making difficult decisions, though as of late she has had a hard time killing mages that the Chantry demands be killed. Her only weakness may be the child mages. With the uprising and the breaking of the Circle of Magi, even the children with gifts are no longer spared and are struck down by the less merciful Templars.

Romantic Interest: N/A
Lover: N/A
Immediate Family:
Mother - Abelina Hortencia Hollen-Deceased- Died a month after the Fourth Blight began-44
Father - Laurence Jackquel Hollen -Deceased- Killed by a blood mage ten years ago. -49
Brother- Theo Norris Hollen-Deceased- Templar killed by a blood mage during the Uprising-28
Brother- Petyr Laurence Hollen-Alive- Currently in Orlais with the Grey Wardens-21
Brother-Mikeal Vamir Hollen-Alive- Working as a Templar besides Vera in Kirkwall-26

Extra:She is fluent in the Common tongue and has picked up several Orlesian words (curses more like) as well.
Last edited by Madmoiselle on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Madmoiselle
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madmoiselle on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Verona Hollen

Blessed are they who stand before
The corrupt and the wicked and do not falter.
Blessed are the peacekeepers, the champions of the just.

The morning sun spread across the sky; a mixture of delicate pinks and fierce reds above the walls of Kirkwall. Stars that glimmered so brightly the night before were now masked behind the morn.

Vera stood before the remains of the city's Chantry, watching as several hired laborers worked tirelessly to haul stone back and forth through the city as they rebuilt. It had been three months since the Champion and his companions had killed the Knight-Commander. The rumors of her unstable ruling had drifted to her own station in Orlais months before, but it was never taken seriously by her or those above her in station.

"Perhaps we should have listened..." Vera had murmured to herself a thousand times before drifting to sleep the first few weeks after she had been stationed to Kirkwall. After a few more weeks she stopped mumbling to herself about the past and set her sights on the future.

"Knight-Captain, is the rebuilding to your satisfaction?”

A familiar voice brought the woman out of the past wandering of her mind and into the present. Vera turned her head and fixed her green orbs on the source of the words. Her fellow Templar and friend Roran; a tall fellow with a muscular build and armor that seemed tight on his figure no matter how many adjustments smiths made.

She crossed her arms. "I'll be satisfied when statues of the Maker aren't strewn about the streets and the Grand Cleric arrives." She spoke softly, not wishing to hear any of the laborers hear her complaints. The last thing any of the guardsmen needed was a riot because of blunt words.

"There's been word from Ferelden. They agreed to send ten templars here for assistance until the Chantry is fully rebuilt." Roran took a single copper from his pocket and began to shuffle it between his knuckles. "Ten?" Vera growled.

"Aye."Roran flicked the coin up, catching it between his thumb and forefinger before it fell. "They promised twenty. Last I knew from my lessons, that's ten less than they promised. Do Fereldens have such horrible memories Knight-Captain? Or perhaps they're just bad with numbers."

She snorted." Might be they're bad at both." The young woman turned away from the the Chantry , keeping a hand on a metal rail before her. Her finger nails dug into it and flakes of paint fell onto the stones beneath her feet.

"Vera, the Mages grow bolder by the minute. If we're going to get things back in order we're going to need more than ten Templars. Maybe we should consider hiring help?"

"No." Her voice was firm and a sharp glare emitted from her eyes straight towards her Knight-Lieutenant. "I won't have mercenaries running around with our gold in their pockets." She released her hold on the railing and straightened up to walk . It would be time for her patrol soon, and with Roran spouting criminal ideas, starting her shift a bit early was actually looking to be better than lounging about.

"Just a few Vera! We could send them in the sewers to look for the mages. I don't want to send any of my men in there with the chance of blood magic at work."He followed her, his sword clacking against his armor as he tried to match her long strides. Ah. That's the reason you want them you craven fool. They're not even people to you are they? She thought bitterly, biting her tongue in order to keep the words trapped in her throat from spilling out. Roran was her friend, but he was crueler and less pious than many of the Templars she had known in her twenty-four years. She had once asked him why he became a Templar, when they were both newly recruited. "To kill people and be loved for it." He had told her, laughing and patting her on the back as if his answer was one that she should have guessed.

"No Roran. More than likely my brother or I will lead the attack on the sewers. I'm positioning you to hold Hightown. Dismissed."

The Templars eyebrows raised, but she could see the relief in his eyes. "Hightown? I...thank you Knight-Captain." Vera gave a nod that sent the Knight-Lieutenant on his way towards his new post. I didn't do it for you idiot. I just don't need someone like you in Lowtown. She had enough villainous snakes hissing around her. Most carried staffs, some wore crowns and called themselves kings. She didn't need one in the same armor she wore.

As shadows changed and the sun above her moved slowly behind the clouds, Vera took up a faster pace and headed towards Lowtown.

Life and death was an easy line to cross in the darkest of places hidden about Lowtown. Since the rebellion of the mages, many smugglers had taken up selling magic items and transporting mages from the city into Tevinter . It was a dangerous game they played, but one that made them very rich men if they succeeded.

The Templars rarely did much about the smuggling. They wanted to mages out of the city, so why would they stop someone from removing them without blood being shed on either end. Some of the other members disagreed, but when Vera mentioned they go on their own to stop the operations they quickly changed their tune.

Vera felt the cool breeze on her face; the only exposed skin that the armor did not cover. The air smelled of death and ale, with blood soon to follow by the time her patrol ended. There had yet been a single night where someone was not killed, maimed, or damaged in some way by a mage since she had arrived from Orlais. Every footstep behind her was a threat, and every shadow a hidden enemy.
"No wonder some Templars go crazy.."She whispered, a hand tightening on the grip on the pommel of her blade.

While she walked, the rising of voices from inside the Hanged Man attracted her attention. Brawls were normal and the Templars usually left that up the guards, but the sounds inside did not seem to be the regular howling of drunken fools.

They were screams.
Last edited by Madmoiselle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Madmoiselle
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jekyl on Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Kirkwall had not been an easy place to travel to, let alone live in. Cyrus had come to the city with his apprentice Korr and a fellow magister Gerold, the three of them had been working with helping mages come from the Free Marches into Tevinter. Not without a price of course, even if they were fellow mages he and his fellow blood mages would not act without a price of both coin and alligence if it was called for. In a time like this you would have to be a complete and utter fool not to want the help of any willing able soul. As long as their power backs up our cofidence. He would often think to himself, knowing that some of these mages didn't know the first thing about power, and what they were capable of doing, instead they had bowed to the templars and had given up their true identity as a powerful and able mage. Still, some of them were powerful and in Cyrus's eyes worthy of helping, they didn't need to be blood mages for the magister to look at them with worth, but they did need to be apostate, to have walked away from their "masters" in the chantry. Mages under circle rule are no more capable than dogs, dogs who have been chained to a post their entire lives and still wag their arses in enjoy when their masters come to feed them. Because of his views a fire of hatred didn't just burn for templars, but for mages that had willingly allowed themselves to be templar prey, puppets.

As he and his two other mages were in Lowtown in the bar known as the 'Hanged Man'. They were discussing the case of a new mage who had come to them for help, a younger teenage boy named Jafaar. "Please sir, you must help me." He could still remember the boy's plead in his ears. "My mother kept me from going to the circle, but she was killed just recently, I fear that the templars will find me and kill me when they discover who I am. I swear, I shall do anything that you wish, anything." Cyrus was not someone who would take in stray boys just because they were young, he himself would need to see the worth of the lad before anything was set in stone in his mind. However this didn't seem to be Gerold's thoughts on it.

"He's just a kid Cyrus, besides he's young and naive we could easily make him do whatever it is that we want with him. He could work for us." Gerold took a sip of the discussing brandy that this place offered, and Cyrus's own eyes narrowed at the thought of the disgusting elixir. "He would be free of the templars and we could have another willing enabler by our side."

Leaning back in his chair Cyrus sighed outwardly, thinking about what his fellow magister said. It made sense, sort of. "We're here freeing mages from Kirkwall, not recruiting slaves." He muttered, his tone hushed, making sure that no one could hear their discussion. He then turned his head to look at Korr- a lad of nineteen who had been his apprentice for almost a year now. "What about you Korr, what do you think?" He rarely gave others opinions much thought, but that didn't mean that he didn't like to hear them from time to time.

The younger boy paused, his eyes filling with something that told Cyrus that he was thinking. "I'm not sure, I think that we should leave him for now, and continue to help Yori." Yori was a female mage who was like them a blood mage, she had been in the deadly battle that had happened a few months ago, but managed to hide out in Kirkwall since. "She is powerful and if we get alligence from her it could help us in future days." That was true, Cyrus would be willing to help the woman out, provided that she followed the mandatory release fine and that she would swear oath to them. He would be more eager to help her than Jafaar.

Gerold rubbed his small beard and sighed. "I suppose that we could help her out first, as long as Cyrus agrees." Even though both Cyrus and Gerold were magisters Cyrus had quickly moved in as the authority figure within the small group, he was by far the most powerful, and though younger than Gerold had already beaten the man in three duels. Which for him had been barely even considered a real fight, but had put Gerold in stricken fear of what Cyrus was capable of.

Cyrus nodded, "it's agreed than. We help Yori and then decide Jafaar's fate later." As he got up and stood away from the table, a smaller figure bumped into him, and he noticed the young man snatch his coin purse. Without thinking of what the conquences were, he cast out a spell which literally sucked the life from it's victim, and within seconds the younger man was lying on the floor dead. There were yells and screams, (at least from those who were sober.)

"What were you thinking?!" Gerold proclaimed, his face filled with disbelief.

Cyrus snorted, "he sold from me. I reacted." In Tevinter that was a just meaning, but here in Kirkwall he forgot that it was not. "Stop these people before they call for the templars!" He ordered, and suddenly spells erupted from both Korr and Gerold's hands, tossing people into walls, and killing some of them. The couple drunkards who seemed puzzled at what was going on were hit by a limb body and knocked out. Cyrus himself blasted a couple of wittnesses in ice, trapping them in their icy cage. The few people that were now still alive were either badly injured or knocked out. Cyrus was still cautious with wanting to leave them alive. "They must die." He growled, "or else they will send the templars on our trail!"

"The templars will still!" Korr whimpered. "They'll see all this and they'll know that it was a mage that did it!"

"Shut up welp!" Cyrus snarled, "just deal with them or you'll join them!"

Korr gulped but quickly made waste with the surviving people.

This is what mages were made for. To kill.

Jekyl
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Madmoiselle on Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Verona Hollen

I shall not be left to wander the drifting roads of the Fade
For there is no darkness, nor death either, in the Maker's Light
And nothing that He has wrought shall be lost.
-Trials 1:14

A bar wench screamed as she ran past Vera; her shoulder hitting the young knights breastplate in her rush to escape.

Pandemonium.

Blood surrounded the templar, and she saw several bodies rise and fall as mages commanded and killed around her. She grabbed a man by the scruff who seemed to be following after the bar maid in an attempt to leave. "Call for the Templars and any Guardsmen you can find. NOW." She commanded before shoving the man out the door and unsheathing her sword from it's scabbard.

She could feel the righteous and pure energy began to swarm her body. The lyrium she had consumed the morning before had left a bitter taste in her mouth, but it disappeared the moment the power flooded into her. With sword in hand, she charged towards the first mage she saw. A golden haired youth who could not have been a day over seventeen. He pushed his hands out toward her, and a gust of wind flew from his palms. Tables flipped and bottles smashed against the walls of the tavern, but the Templar held her ground.

Magic had it's effect on Templars, but less so than a normal human. The lyrium the Templars were forced to ingest acted as a shield and resistance for the Mages powers.

The boy was young and still did not have complete control over his powers nor the endurance to outlast her.

Before she killed, she looked deep into the eyes of the mages whose heart would know her blade before the end of the hour. Magic exists to serve man, and never to rule over him. She would chant over and over in her mind, as if it was her own magic to ward herself against the the guilt flooding into her body as the sword would twist into her foe's body.

The boy's death was simple and clean. Her blade sank deep into his broad chest, deep into his heart completely bypassing his leather hide skin armor. As he sank to his knees and hands dropped limply to his side, Vera stared deep into his green orbs that matched her own. "Magic exists to serve man, never to rule him. " She whispered out loud, pulling back her blood drenched blade and stepping over the fallen mage. The madness continued, but the thundering sound of boots stomping outside the door gave her comfort.

Roran and two other Templars clamored inside, sword at hand as they rushed into the fray. "Vera? Maker's breathe what the hell happened here?"Vera shook her head and pointed around her with the tip of her sword. "Look around you Lieutenant. Do you really need an explanation for blood magic?" His eyes clouded with understanding . Vera's own eye darted around the room to take in the blood shed. One body lay with a purse filled with gold coins in his now cold hands.

There were no survivors other than the few who has scrambled out the door past her. No place on the floor was clean of blood, and the majority of Vera's armor was splattered with he substance. She placed a ward around herself to dispel the less than powerful magic from the room and to shield herself from more mage trickery. She could feel the Fade thin here; the veil between this world and the other so close that the energy between both sizzled around her.

"Knight-Captain, what should we do with these ones." Rowans gruff voice questioned.

Vera drifted over towards where her men were standing, weapons still drawn and their own wards up around them. Three apostates near them, all wearing the expressions of the guilty and resentful Vera had come to know quite well.

"I presume this massacre is your doing, apostate? "
She asked. Her voice was quiet, but held a fire reserved for mages and those who crossed her. She sheathed her sword much to the surprise of the men behind her and knelled before her prisoner.If he did not resist, she would take his chin in hand so she could get a clear look into his eyes. Vera peered into his eyes for what seemed like a full minute before pushing his chin down and away from her. "Maleficar" She murmured as she stood, placing her hands on the ground to push herself off into a strong standing position.

"Get them in chains. I don't want them casting any more spells." The Knight-Captain commanded of her men. They made no move to arrest the men and Vera's patience began to wear.
"Did you not hear me? I said clap them in chains." The men usually heeded her orders, but they stood still and looked towards Roran as if looking to him for oders.

''fraid I can't do that Vera. These men murdered innocents and we mean to have their heads for it. " Vera ground her teeth together and her voice came out as a venomous whisper. "Are defying an order Lieutenant ? She questioned,making sure to drag out his rank for emphasis. "They will pay for their crimes, but they will pay for them with the Makers justice; not ours. Put down your blades or I'll have all your hides."

Rorans eyes widened and they shot down to where her hand rested on her blade. He would be a fool to challenge her, and the man knew it well. "Vera, their covered in blood and people lie around is. What would you have us tell their families? That we took them to the dungeons and gave them meals while we waited for the Makers justice?

One eye wandered over towards the man she had inspected earlier. " Apostate or not, I will not have my men slaughter them before they are brought to the Grand Cleric. They will be judged before the Maker and from there we can decide." For a moment, she thought she spotted anger pass over Rorans face, but it left so quickly she couldn't have been sure.

"Fine." He relented, even giving her a wry smile that somehow felt uncomfortable and unlike his usual smirks. "Come on men, do as our Knight-Captain commands." She gave a nod before turning her back towards the three and facing the prisoners. "Don't cause a struggle, and don't give us any reason to-"

WHAM.

Her knees buckled and the back of her head suddenly felt warm and wet. Her sword clattered to the ground and her hand reached up to touch where she had been hit. A crimson color covered her hand when she brought it towards her face to examine. Within moments, the darkness took her and she was out cold.

Magic exists to serve man, and never to rule over him.

Madmoiselle
Member for 8 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!