Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dragon Age: The Undoing

a part of “Dragon Age: The Undoing”, a fictional universe by The Valkyrie.

The year is 1:95 Divine, and the second Blight has been raging for nearly a century. Pushed to desperation, the Grey Wardens assemble a team for a suicidal mission. None were prepared for what they would discover.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragon Age: The Undoing”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:10 pm

1. Tab 5. Historical Info Thread
2. OOC 6. NPC Dossier
3. Chat Pad 7. Codex
4.Fun & Games 8. Mission Briefings

This is the general out-of-character area for DA:TU. Feel free to post here if you have any questions or just want to chat with your fellow players. Collaboration is also encouraged and welcome.
Last edited by The Valkyrie on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: Dragon Age: The Undoing

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:18 pm

The below is the character sheet. Please regard the included directions, but feel free to delete them afterward!

Code: Select all
[center][img]image if applicable[/img]
[size=150][i]"Quote”[/i][/size][/center]

[hr][/hr][img]http://img703.imageshack.us/edit_preview.php?l=img703/4207/basicsu.png&action=rotate[/img][hr][/hr]
[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Pronunciation[/b]: If needed
[b]Age[/b]: Between 21-75, please.
[b]Race[/b]: I'll take half-beings of any sort in addition to the three main races, but they're not common and anything half-dwarf can't use magic.
[b]Sex[/b]: Male, female, or some intermediate identity if you prefer.
[b]Sexuality[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Build[/b]:
[b]Class[/b]: Warrior, Rogue, or Mage
[b]Specialization[/b]:
[b]Warden?[/b] Yes or no. The group should have at least one or two Wardens.

[b]Appearance[/b]: Images are acceptable, but not required. If you use one, please avoid anime or real people, and try to keep it reasonably-sized. A written description should accompany any image.

[hr][/hr][img]http://img692.imageshack.us/edit_preview.php?l=img692/38/personalityf.png&action=rotate[/img][hr][/hr]
[b]Demeanor[/b]: General description of how your character behaves most of the time.

[b]Fears[/b]:
[b]Hangups/Quirks[/b]:

[b]Opinions[/b]: These need not be theses; a few sentences should do.
[i]The Chantry[/i]:
[i]Magi[/i]:
[i]Templars[/i]:
[i]Elves[/i]:
[i]Dwarves[/i]:
[i]Humans[/i]:
[i]The Grey Wardens[/i]:
[i]The Mission[/i]:

[hr][/hr][img]http://img268.imageshack.us/edit_preview.php?l=img268/1633/combatprowess.png&action=rotate[/img][hr][/hr]
[b]Weapon of Choice[/b]:
[b]Armor/Apparel[/b]:
[b]Mount[/b]: At this point, I'm allowing either horses (halla if you're Dalish) or no mounts. More exotic steeds may become available later.

[b]Level[/b]: You start at Lvl 10, maximum, though I won't stop you from starting lower.
[b]Skills[/b]: You have eleven Skill points, four of which may be spent on a specialization tree. Format entries as below.
[i]Name of Skill Tree (e.g., Primal Magic or Berserker)[/i]: Abilities from this tree that you have.
[i]Name of Skill Tree[/i]: Abilities that you have

[hr][/hr][img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg232/scaled.php?server=232&filename=history2v.png&res=landing[/img][hr][/hr]
[b]Place of Birth, Nation of Origin[/b]:
[b]Social Status[/b]:
[b]Personal History[/b]: General information about your character's life.
[b]Professional History[/b]: Specific information about your character's career. How did they manage to get picked for this suicidal mission? What distinguishes them from the average soldier/criminal/Warden/etc?

[b]Idea for a Personal Sidequest[/b]: This should ideally relate to some facet of the character's history and possibly the plot as you know it. Your initial idea doesn't have to be complete; I will work with you to build it as we go, but I'd like it if you had an idea. Even a sentence would do.
Last edited by The Valkyrie on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Child of the Winged on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:00 pm

How I have waited for a good Dragon Age roleplay... You, my friend, take the cake! I would love to have a Tevinter somniari... If you can allow one...
I watch the Fates spin my existence, not with baited breath, but with a soft indifference, for I have lived a good life and I shan't regret anything. -Myself

Child of the Winged
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:04 pm

You've got me, 100%. I will make time for this. However, there's about 7 or so different characters in my mind right now. They're fighting a bloody battle to the death. It's quite gruesome. I'll let you know which one wins.
And they shall endure."

AugustArria
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:09 pm

@AA: So very glad to hear it! Bloody battles to the death sound like the best way to pick characters.

@Child of the Winged: Hey-o. Normally, I wouldn't be against it, but unfortunately, that's the angle I went with for my character, and given their rarity, two somniari in a group this small is almost statistically impossible. Feel free to toss alternative ideas at me, however.

Also, just as a note, the Circles of Magi have been established, so it's going to be kind of difficult for non-Warden mages to move around freely, even the ones from Tevinter. We'll be trekking the continent over the course of our adventures, so keep that in mind if you should choose to make one.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Child of the Winged on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:13 pm

Hm... I'd like to pull a Fenris and be a former slave... Or an Anders with the spirit in him... Either one work for ya?

Child of the Winged
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:18 pm

A former slave character would be fine, but try to put enough of a spin on him or her to be sufficiently different from Fenris and also my character. I'd be hesitant with possessed people, but I suppose that depends on how you wanted to go about it. Do what you want to do for now, and if I think something ought to be changed or tweaked, I'll tell you. Does that sound fair? I'm just very eager to avoid characters that are too similar to ones from canon.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Child of the Winged on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:41 pm

Possessed: My character would have gone through the Harrowing and asked the first demon, the one you're suppose to kill, for more power. She'd take the demon into her body and hid the fact she had it. She left the Circle to become a Warden, and took her demon with her.

Slave: She was a Tevinter slave that has potential to be a magister but her Master kept her from being what she could. She escaped when her Master was at a ball and left her behind. She ran to Rivain and began her life as a Mage

Edit: I'd rather have the Possessed one just cause she'd play with blood magics and the like. But the slave would be okay as well

Child of the Winged
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:04 pm

I sent you a PM, Winged. ^_^

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Just a reminder, folks: please send me a writing sample of some kind after (or before) you submit your character to the tab. It can be a post from another RP or a piece of original fiction; all I ask is that it showcases what you consider to be your best work and represents the effort you'd be willing to put forth for this game.

Thanks!

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby c.allen2.11 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi there!

An original Dragon Age RP, this is new! :)
I sent of a character sheet, I tried to make someone new and original, although they did end up being an archer from Starkhaven, I can honestly say, he is nothing like Sebastian.
So let me know what you think :)

Oh and where do you want me to post my writing sample, just here or somewhere specific?

Many thanks

c.allen2.11
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Ah, hello, c.allen!

If you don't mind, I'd love to review your sample over PM. Once I have it, I'll also send notes regarding your character, just so everything is taken care of in one place, yeah?

Thanks for your interest; and fear not- I did say that Starkhaven was famous for having good archers! ^_^

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby c.allen2.11 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Sample sent, its of a post on a another roleplay.
Let me know what you think
And yeah, all sounds good :)

xx

c.allen2.11
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm trying to get back into RPing, and this might just do it. Unless something better turns up, I'll be working on a sheet soon. Look forward to playing with you.
"The GM of this roleplay hasn't created any rules! You can do whatever you like!"
-the most misleading piece of text known to RolePlayGateway

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:07 am

I'm flattered... I think. ^_^

If something better does come up, be sure to let me know; I'd probably be interested.

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AlienKhan on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:02 pm

So, from the start, I wanted to be a good-hearted bloodmage. I noticed in the rules section (it's kinda hard to miss if it's in bold letters and first, tagged with "Important Note:") that you would like something other than a mage.

If I can have my bloodmage, awesome! Otherwise, I was thinking of doing something completely opposite to that, like a Templar. Thing is, Templars are tanks, and I hate playing tanks. I'd rather be a rogueish thing then. So how about a Seeker? A Seeker-spy/assassin ?

So like something between an Shadow and Templar classwise.

Also, I'm a sucker for Dalish elves, so if I can be one, that'd be awesome. (An Elven seeker? WTF?)

AlienKhan
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AugustArria on Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Finished up my character :)

AugustArria
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:43 pm

Hey Val, my bitter ex-Templar awaits your critique!
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby almostinsane on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Is there room for a rogue? I have a good idea for my devilishly handsome Dragon Age character.

almostinsane
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Valkyrie on Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Haha, sure; sounds fine. I haven't made any final decisions yet, and I'll be sure to hold off until I have your application and writing sample then. Let me know if you have any questions!

The Valkyrie
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!