Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dragon Ball Super: Heroes of Universe 6

Dragon Ball Super: Heroes of Universe 6

a part of “Dragon Ball Super: Heroes of Universe 6”, a fictional universe by Juvenile-River.

Set in the world of Dragon Ball Super, these are the stories of the heroes of Universe 6.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dragon Ball Super: Heroes of Universe 6”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Heroes of Universe 6

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkblaze40 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:12 pm

Juvenile-River wrote:
Darkblaze40 wrote:Incoming! New Xenoverse 2 trailer. And it's dubbed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkx0Wf7NI_U

OMG, I am so hyped for this. Probably more than I should be. lol. That part at the end, though. Yesssss! They listened to us!

THough this will be much more crappy if every otehr race gets shafted in the transformation department again. Still, that new saiyan armour looks pretty neat.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Darkblaze40
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:37 pm

Darkblaze40 wrote:THough this will be much more crappy if every otehr race gets shafted in the transformation department again. Still, that new saiyan armour looks pretty neat.

Well, the other races can use Kaioken in its many varieties. A stealth build for that seems like it could be very powerful. But other than that, the other races don't really have transformations. The Arcosians do, but it's kinda tricky getting it to work for them. The character creator would have to limit them to their base form from the start, and unlock more as you go. Then what? Do you only use the later forms in battle, or is the form used dependent on the equipment used? I know it's not the former because we see final form Arcosians in the hub world. If it's the latter, then would it just be a cosmetic change?

Of course, Super Namekians can become giants, but opens up a new can of worms. If you can play Super Namekians, can you also become a Great Ape? I wouldn't be against that, but I'd have to wonder how they'd balance that for PvP.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kanassa on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:25 pm

Juvenile-River wrote:
Darkblaze40 wrote:THough this will be much more crappy if every otehr race gets shafted in the transformation department again. Still, that new saiyan armour looks pretty neat.

Well, the other races can use Kaioken in its many varieties. A stealth build for that seems like it could be very powerful. But other than that, the other races don't really have transformations. The Arcosians do, but it's kinda tricky getting it to work for them. The character creator would have to limit them to their base form from the start, and unlock more as you go. Then what? Do you only use the later forms in battle, or is the form used dependent on the equipment used? I know it's not the former because we see final form Arcosians in the hub world. If it's the latter, then would it just be a cosmetic change?

Of course, Super Namekians can become giants, but opens up a new can of worms. If you can play Super Namekians, can you also become a Great Ape? I wouldn't be against that, but I'd have to wonder how they'd balance that for PvP.

Arcosians could have Cooler's buffed up fourm and a Golden Form.

Namekians have a gaint form and an 'Ascended' form from DBO (Where most of Xenoverses ideas came from)

Majins could maybe have a 'Demon' form, like how the Majin mark makes one more powerful by using their evil emotions, maybe the Majins could use the same type magic as a quick buff that gives them a demonic aura.

I think Kioken should just be reserved for Humans so they can have their own transformations, or the humans get Roshi's buff form.
All internet arguments are the same. You're a white knight if you agree, you're a whiner if you disagree, you're a scummy fence sitter if you're in the middle

Kanassa
Member for 8 years
Author Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Juvenile-River wrote:

Arcosians could have Cooler's buffed up fourm and a Golden Form.

Namekians have a gaint form and an 'Ascended' form from DBO (Where most of Xenoverses ideas came from)

Majins could maybe have a 'Demon' form, like how the Majin mark makes one more powerful by using their evil emotions, maybe the Majins could use the same type magic as a quick buff that gives them a demonic aura.

I think Kioken should just be reserved for Humans so they can have their own transformations, or the humans get Roshi's buff form.

Sounds good. I read in a comment on one of the demo videos that someone spotted an "ultimate unleashed" move in the place of the transformations slot. And I guess that since there's a designated button for transformations now, we can expect to see a lot of new transformations for every race. Maybe Ultimate Unleashed is the human transformation, similar to Ultimate Gohan.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kanassa on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:42 pm

Juvenile-River wrote:
Sounds good. I read in a comment on one of the demo videos that someone spotted an "ultimate unleashed" move in the place of the transformations slot. And I guess that since there's a designated button for transformations now, we can expect to see a lot of new transformations for every race. Maybe Ultimate Unleashed is the human transformation, similar to Ultimate Gohan.

In the gameplay videos it seems to just be a second transformation after you've already transformed. For Saiyans, it's Super Saiyan 2. SO maybe it's a secondary transformation for other races.

Kanassa
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fonkyomom on Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:52 am

Yeah I'm reserving my hype until they showcase the other race transformation. I see they added super saiyan 3 for saiyan time patrollers, that's cool and all but if they don't add real, significant transformation for the rest of the characters then I'm going to shit on them on every blog lol. No super nameks, no hype, that's really all I care about in Xeno2, if there will be some kind of super namek form, because nameks got the short end of the short end of the stick in xenoverse, it really angered me.

btw my character is ready to be accepted, if you have any ideas though about how to make him better for the roleplay I'm willing to change some things about his history and what not.

fonkyomom
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:59 pm

fonkyomom wrote:Yeah I'm reserving my hype until they showcase the other race transformation. I see they added super saiyan 3 for saiyan time patrollers, that's cool and all but if they don't add real, significant transformation for the rest of the characters then I'm going to shit on them on every blog lol. No super nameks, no hype, that's really all I care about in Xeno2, if there will be some kind of super namek form, because nameks got the short end of the short end of the stick in xenoverse, it really angered me.

I don't know about that. Namekians automatically healed when their health got low, and battle items were much more potent in their effects. If you make a Namekian with high health, they could be hard to kill. Saiyans are probably the worst to use in PvP, actually. At least that seems to be the consensus, because Saiyans are built around their Super transformations. Once a Saiyan went Super, all you had to do was run around, dodging their ki attack spams, and wait for their ki to drain to zero, at which point they'd be defenseless.

Fortunately, though, Super Saiyans no longer work the same way in Xenoverse 2. They won't be able to spam ki attacks because those will still use ki, but their ki also doesn't drain. Super Saiyans seem to just have increased stats, making their attacks more powerful when used.

fonkyomom wrote:btw my character is ready to be accepted, if you have any ideas though about how to make him better for the roleplay I'm willing to change some things about his history and what not.

Alright. I approve the character.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkblaze40 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:06 am

Juvenile-River wrote:
fonkyomom wrote:Yeah I'm reserving my hype until they showcase the other race transformation. I see they added super saiyan 3 for saiyan time patrollers, that's cool and all but if they don't add real, significant transformation for the rest of the characters then I'm going to shit on them on every blog lol. No super nameks, no hype, that's really all I care about in Xeno2, if there will be some kind of super namek form, because nameks got the short end of the short end of the stick in xenoverse, it really angered me.

I don't know about that. Namekians automatically healed when their health got low, and battle items were much more potent in their effects. If you make a Namekian with high health, they could be hard to kill. Saiyans are probably the worst to use in PvP, actually. At least that seems to be the consensus, because Saiyans are built around their Super transformations. Once a Saiyan went Super, all you had to do was run around, dodging their ki attack spams, and wait for their ki to drain to zero, at which point they'd be defenseless.

Fortunately, though, Super Saiyans no longer work the same way in Xenoverse 2. They won't be able to spam ki attacks because those will still use ki, but their ki also doesn't drain. Super Saiyans seem to just have increased stats, making their attacks more powerful when used.

fonkyomom wrote:btw my character is ready to be accepted, if you have any ideas though about how to make him better for the roleplay I'm willing to change some things about his history and what not.

Alright. I approve the character.

Fromw hat I hear, female humans are the most OP if you give them the right stats.

Darkblaze40
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kanassa on Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Kanassa
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:26 pm

Hmm. If that's true, I don't know how I feel about that. I think they could have been a little more creative than just giving them blue skin. Since this is an official character, Kid Buu, I have to wonder what their angle is.

I've got some information on pre-orders, the season pass, and box art that you guys might be interested in:

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/07/dra ... -revealed/

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkblaze40 on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:40 pm

Juvenile-River wrote:

Hmm. If that's true, I don't know how I feel about that. I think they could have been a little more creative than just giving them blue skin. Since this is an official character, Kid Buu, I have to wonder what their angle is.

I've got some information on pre-orders, the season pass, and box art that you guys might be interested in:

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/07/dra ... -revealed/

I see no pre-orders for the pc release...

Darkblaze40
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:36 pm

Darkblaze40 wrote:I see no pre-orders for the pc release...

I don't think that pre-orders are available yet. At least not in America. PC was shown with the box art, so I don't think they forgot about us. We've still got about three months left until its release, so no rush. I do wish that they wouldn't lock a character behind a pre-order, though. Maybe a skin, like False Super Saiyan Goku from Lord Slug, but a whole character? Ehhhh.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kanassa on Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:10 pm

Juvenile-River wrote:
Darkblaze40 wrote:I see no pre-orders for the pc release...

I don't think that pre-orders are available yet. At least not in America. PC was shown with the box art, so I don't think they forgot about us. We've still got about three months left until its release, so no rush. I do wish that they wouldn't lock a character behind a pre-order, though. Maybe a skin, like False Super Saiyan Goku from Lord Slug, but a whole character? Ehhhh.

Well, Black basically is just a model swtched goku at this point. Also, Xenoverse 2 Beta confirmed.

Kanassa
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkblaze40 on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:27 pm

Kanassa, I think you'll be excited to see what was just confirmed... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a_fCxrzuF0

Darkblaze40
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:19 am

Darkblaze40 wrote:Kanassa, I think you'll be excited to see what was just confirmed... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a_fCxrzuF0

Nice! And apparently the Awakened Buu race transformation isn't just a pallet swap. Instead, all male Buu will start as fat Buu and transform into a Kid Buu shape. So it does look like every race will get a transformation. The Saiyans having two additional transformations will probably still give the Saiyans an edge, but the others will likely be balanced so that they're strongest in their base forms.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kanassa on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:38 am

Juvenile-River wrote:
Darkblaze40 wrote:Kanassa, I think you'll be excited to see what was just confirmed... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a_fCxrzuF0

Nice! And apparently the Awakened Buu race transformation isn't just a pallet swap. Instead, all male Buu will start as fat Buu and transform into a Kid Buu shape. So it does look like every race will get a transformation. The Saiyans having two additional transformations will probably still give the Saiyans an edge, but the others will likely be balanced so that they're strongest in their base forms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpwJ0XRw53M
It's clear here that the Acrosians get an big boost in speed from their transformation, though it also seems that their paralize ki attacks have been removed.

Kanassa
Member for 8 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fonkyomom on Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:48 am

Kanassa wrote:
Juvenile-River wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpwJ0XRw53M
It's clear here that the Acrosians get an big boost in speed from their transformation, though it also seems that their paralize ki attacks have been removed.

Well that's awesome news, I'm beyond tired of fighting back peddling losers who only rely on that paralyzing ki blast. Those are trash players, but it was always satisfying to stomp them into oblivion with a striker when I could. I'm still waiting on a namekian transformation, that's all I really care about, been waiting on it since xeno 2 was announced. They just keep leaving me in suspense with every trailer

fonkyomom
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Darkblaze40 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Now it's been confirmed that all races are getting an ''Awakened Transformation'', which is..
Saiyans - SS3
Frieza Race - Golden
Majins - Pure Form
Humans and Namekians - An aura change (No giant form, sadly)

Though with Saiyan already having SS1 and 2 implies to me that other races will also have other transformations aside from their awakened ones; though it's probably just kioken.

Darkblaze40
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby fonkyomom on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:10 am

If namekians really get only an aura change I'm going to tear them new assholes on the forums

fonkyomom
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juvenile-River on Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:08 pm

fonkyomom wrote:If namekians really get only an aura change I'm going to tear them new assholes on the forums

It's probably considered "Super Namek," like what Piccolo became when he fused with Kami. It'd assume it'd come with increased stats of some sort. Giant Namekians and Great Apes might be a bit too awkward to control.

Juvenile-River
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!