Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Dragon roleplay

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Dragon roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby redpandaninja on Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:35 pm

Rules:
--No godmoding or powerplaying
--Please no swearing
--This is a semi-literate RP. Spelling mistakes are allowed but full sentences are required. No chatspeak, and no using marks for actions ( i.e. **, --, ||, etc.). Also, use quotation marks when speaking. This is to be kept in past tense, third person. (ex: 'He entered the store.', not 'I enter the store.')
--Please use (( words)) for OOC talking
--I'd prefer no romance here, please
--Everything here is Pg-13
--No advertising
--Please no list intros
Remember, remember, the fifth of November
The gunpowder, treason, and plot.
I see no reason why the gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

redpandaninja
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby redpandaninja on Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:35 pm

(Setting is a large meadow with a lake, by the way.)

A small dragon came running out of the trees and into the meadow. He skidded to a stop as he reached the shore of the lake, the early morning sun glinting off his dark scales. His scales were a deep purple, almost black, and he had a mane of a lighter purple running down his back. The mane ended in a clump of fur at the tip of his tail. His eyes were a light lavender, and he had two long horns of the same shade. The horns faded to a darker purple at the tips. Standing again, the horse-sized dragon approached the water, folding his leathery wings as he dipped his head for a drink.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

redpandaninja
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:11 am

OOC: Please understand I have never rped as a dragon before...

A larger, light-blue dragon lands on the lake, taking care not to create a patch of ice out of it. Her deep-brown eyes scan the shores, and she sees the purple dragon. Ignoring him, she dunks her head and lifts it, causing water to drip off of the two curved horns at the back of her head. Her slightly-darker mane stopped at the base of her neck, and her tail ended in a rounded point, completely harmless one might think. The ox-sized dragon licked her lips, and ducked her head again, snagging a fish and swallowing it in one gulp.

miyumi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:54 am

OOC: When there are dragons, there are hunters.

A slight rustle in the leaves. The dragon hunter looked up, he was adorned in light leather armour for agility. A crossbow was slung across his back, a dagger gleamed at his belt. Tied round his left hand was a grappling hook, and a quiver filled with bolts hung from the other side of his belt.

His dragonskin boots and sturdy black trollhide gloves were proof of his skill. Behind him, two other Dragonhunters stood in camouflage. They had the same equipment as him.
Taking a few steps closer, Marco aimed the crossbow at the older, light-blue dragon. His finger lingered over the trigger as he took proper aim... he locked on to the dragon's wing.

The other two uncurled their grappling hooks...awaiting the signal. There! The crossbow bolt, smeared with poisen, shot into the sky and pierced toward the dragon's left wing.
Dragon hunters rushed forward and flung the grappling hooks at the dragon's strong legs, tying around them and cutting into the creature's skin.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:03 am

OOC: I'm on the lake, not on the shore.

Cathcing movement, she shot a spell at the first hook, freezing it before it touched her, She lifted off, shooting ice at the trees, hoping to hit the men shooting at her, being careful not to hit the younger dragon.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:15 am

OOC: Oops. Well, it works anyway. *cough*

The three dragon hunters now dashed out quickly. They had swiftly identified the dragon they targeted, it was an ice-element based. It's weakness, obviously was fire.
However, the weak points on it's body were different from normal dragons, by managing to target it's neck, so the ice waves froze the dragon itself, they would manage to subdue it.

Marco shouted, "Aron, Ken, tie it down!" Both dragon hunters rushed forward and threw the grappling hooks at the dragon once more, the long chains extended quickly and hit the claws as the dragon's feet. This worked as well, pulling the dragon down, Marco aimed the crossbow... accurancy was his forte... a roar in the distance threw him off balance and he shot the bolt toward the dragon's scales instead.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby redpandaninja on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:44 am

Seeing the hunters charging out of the forest, the purple dragon let out an ear-splitting screech. He launched himself into the air, beating his strong wings and climbing higher. Seeing the ice dragon was in trouble, he closed his eyes, and a second dragon appeared, exactly like the ice one. The illusion began swooping around above the lake; the purple dragon was trying to confuse the hunters and allow the real ice dragon to escape.

redpandaninja
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:07 pm

OOC: Okay, obviously you aren't getting it... she's on the lake IN THE MIDDLE OF IT. There's no way they could physically rush out to her. Or was, before she took off. But I'll ignore the taking off part, since you seem to be. Also, I'm basing this dragon's abilities on a dragon for my novel, which I have already written out, so I can assure you I'm not changing them mid-story. That's just to forestall any complaints.

The ice dragon bugles, and aims her ice at the men, not at the ropes and chains attacking her. She shoots a giant piece of sharp ice at the man who was obviously the leader, knocking him out. Then she aims at the two who were following him, boxing them in by icing the water they were floundering in. Her mind seeks and finds the fish with teeth, sending them to bite at the legs of the men now frozen in place in the water. She asks the birds to aid her as well, attacking their heads.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Midnight on Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:04 pm

(You do know dragon scales can't be pirced)

Midnight
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:56 pm

OOC: Yeah, I was letting her go. It wouldn't be fair to catch one so early, and the grappling hooks, they rushed to the EDGE, then threw the long CHAINS TOWARDS you. Thats the explaination.

Marco felt himself get hit by ice and fell backwards, dazed. The other two Dragon Hunters stared at the illusion, uncertain and very, very uncomfortable. "Nature-Dwelling dragons..." They muttered grudgingly.

Ken drew his dagger and killed a fish. Scrambling out of the water, his comrade followed. The two took hold of Marco and led him out of the lake, this was one hell of a failure.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby miyumi on Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:38 pm

The ice dragon allowed the humans to leave, flying above the clouds. Her light blue color gave her the advantage of making it very hard for humans to spot her during the daytime. She sent a private mental thank you to the purple one for his help, then a mass thanks and dismissal to the fish and birds.

miyumi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby redpandaninja on Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:05 pm

The illusion disappeared as the ice dragon flew off, and the purple dragon landed again. He glared warily in the Hunters' direction, ready to flee if necessary.

redpandaninja
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter

Re: Dragon roleplay

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby tigerz-peace on Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:25 am

OOC: where there are Dragons, there are Dragon hunters. Where there are Dragon Hunters, there are people there to stop them. I am one of those people.... Beware...
^_^

She stood among the trees, a mere 7 meters from the large lake. She melded in with her surroundings perfectly, aided by her plain brown garment, which was mottled with forest greens and blacks. Her soft emerald orbs bore into the dragon hunters, lingering on the two who dragged the unconcious men, then her piercing gaze bore into the unconcious man, seeing into his mind, searching. She ignored the more personal memories, feelings, and thoughts, searching for one thing - a name. Marco. That was all she got, any last name, or link to whom his father or mother has been was hidden or destroyed, as in many cases they were, but a first name was good enough for the young woman, and she slipped back into the trees, staring at the young, purple dragon, before vanishing from view altogether.
There's Something About...
Tamara Hale... And It Reeks Of

Revenge

tigerz-peace
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RTK on Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:57 pm

((OOC: Seeing that this is a very old RP, there really is no point in trying to keep it alive. Oh well! It's worth a shot! ))

A hellish dark blue dragon, about 10 feet tall and 17 feet long, walked out of the southeat side of the heavy forest into the clear plains were the lake was.
It was a thin, long dragon with long legs, obviously ment for speed and stealth. Not to mention all the spikes from it's body. This dragon was a killer.
The dragon had teeth atleast one foot long, it's black 5 foot long horns were slanted backwords and had very fine points. From the bottum part of it's neck, all the way down to it's tail were 2 foot long black spikes. And at the end of it's tail was a long, large spike that was curved upwork. It has very long, thin wings with some small holes in them, but the dragon could still fly.

The dragon slammed it's tail on the ground a couple of times before letting the dead deer in it's mouth fall to the ground.
He tor off the deer's right hind legs and started nibbling on it, crouched down next to the pond and looking at his reflection.

He noticed two smaller dragons, one obviously had powers over ice, and the other he wasn't sure of. But he pretended to not notice them and continued with his meal.
I want to protect you. You and your fading smile. I am always with you. Even if the resounding voice that calls me should wither. I will find you.

RTK
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Himros on Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:09 pm

(((Dracolich?)))

Himros
Member for 11 years
Conversationalist

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.