Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Dragons in Our Midst (Small Group Needed)

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Dragons in Our Midst (Small Group Needed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheRealHermione on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm a few weeks into summer vacation, and I'm already having difficulty keeping myself entertained, even with the bucket load of fanfictions I've been writing of late. I have recently reread a particular book that made me want to do something with half-dragons, so I came up with a loose plot that could pretty much go anywhere. Well... The plot's loose, but the introduction is fairly detailed (and based on events occurring over the course of 12 books), so bear with me, okay?

Introduction
In times forgotten by many, dragons once roamed the land. But they weren't at all what we humans perceive them as now. They weren't beastly lizards with a hunger for flesh and riches, but were instead a pure, holy race of such wisdom, biological immortality, and innocence that humans could not perceive.

Despite this, dragons were content to serve humans selflessly, and none were as loyal as the dragon king Makaidos. But, alas, not all of his children agreed with him and his selfless ways of servitude. Led by his firstborn son, Goliath, many of Makaidos's kin began to rebel, including his beloved daughter Roxil, whom Goliath would later take as a mate. And so it was that dragon kind met their downfall.

Centuries passed, and many humans learned to hate dragons. This hatred was passed down through the ages, but one man, the legendary Arthurian wizard Merlin, directly descended from the Biblical prophet Enoch, knew the truth concerning dragons. And while his closest friend, the English King Arthur sent out slayers, forcing dragons into hiding, Merlin met with the dragons regularly to discuss possibilities to preserve their noble race.

In the meantime, Goliath had befriended a sayer by the name of Devin, as well as his right-hand man Palin. He promised to deliver the king of the dragons, Makaidos, to the slayers if they swore not to pursue Goliath himself. And feigning repentence, Goliath invited Makaidos to his cave while Roxil was away, and the slayers murdered Makaidos. Roxil had returned home just as the crime was being commited. So the slayers resorted to killing her as well while Goliath merely laughed.

The murder of the dragon king was the last straw. Something had to be done to prevent more disaster. So Merlin gathered the dragons one night on Bald Top Mountain for the transformation they had discussed.

Merlin, being a man of faith, prayed alloud for them all, then gentley poured wine from his wineskin into the mouths of each of the dragons. Then they waited. After two long hours of silence, the dragons began to change. They shrunk, and their scales smoothed into skin.Their tails and wings retracted, and their scales were replaced with hair. They had become human.

Merlin explained that he had arranged names for them all. They would have to live as humans until the bloodlust of the slayers died out. The former dragons would remain biogically immortal forever appearing as in their thirties or twenties, and could procreate with humans,but not each other.

As the centuries passed, some of the former dragons took up spouses and begot children. Each child of a former dragon had dragon traits, and they become known amongst their own kind as anthrozils - completely dragon, yet completely human. Some anthrozils were raised with knowledge of their heritage - others were discarded into foster care with ignorance for their own protection.

By the time the slayers died out, some of the former dragons had sacrificed themselves for another being - whether human, former dragon, or anthrozil. But instead of dying, they were merely restored to their dragonly bodies and went into hiding in a parallel realm full of forsaken, yet pure humans called Second Eden.

It is now the mid 2000s, and much has changed. The slayers have died out, Goliath has sacrificed himself for a daughter he didn't know he had, and the dragons, former dragon, and anthrozils have decided that it's finally safe to come out of hiding.

And so they appear before the UN and tell their story, with the help of the millenia old teenage king and queen of Second Eden; Elam and Sapphira Adi. But the modern government is not so accepting as they had hoped, and the anthrozils (there are about a dozen) are placed into a research facility somewhere near Flagstaff, Arizona while the dragons retreat to Second Eden and the former dragons change names once again, returning into hiding.

The general public despises dragons and their kin, as all governments are making them seem beastly. They approve of the research and mistreatment of anthrozils, and are angered by the Second Edeners having sealed off all the portals conjoining Earth and Second Eden. And that's where our story begins.

Plot
The anthrozils are being studied for advancements on how to extend life... Or so the general public believes. Instead, scientists study their species, attempting to find their weaknesses in order to defeat dragons once and for all. The laboratory complex is much like a prison, with twenty feet tall electric fences topped with barbed wire and inhumane, high-security underground cells.

All the anthrozils want is their freedom, their justice. But no one will give it to them. That's what causes five of them to decide it's time to rebel and find their parents, for now they know that Earth cannot survive with dragons in their midst. It is time to retreat to Second Eden forever.

There will be four open slots with three different dragon traits. (Wings are the most common of any trait, so there will be two characters with those.) Doubling allowed, traits listed below.

The only thing I really want from my fellow RPers in this is to remain dedicated and see it through. I only ask for two or three posts a week, don't expect anything massive (one to three paragraphs should suffice), and don't want you to disappear without warning. I just want this to be a nice, relaxing roleplay with dedication, plot twists, and well-rounded characters.

Oh, and seeing as I forgot to introduce myself (I always do), I answer to Maxine, Max, and Hermione, depending on what you prefer. Sorry for any awkwardness in this post; I'm rather rushing it before we head to the drive-ins. /).(\

Dragon Traits
Wings (x2) (Open) (Open)
Fire-Breathing (Maxine - Male Charrie)
Anthrozilian Listener (Maxine - undecided gender)
Healing [process will be explained later] (Open)
Mind-Reading [not all powerful; can be turned on and off based on emotions and will] (Open)

So, yeah...
If I get a few people interested, I'll post a thread and definitions for particular terms.

Hope to hear from you soon! :)

*Logo made using http://www.cooltext.com

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

TheRealHermione
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!