Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Drop Dead, Darling

Drop Dead, Darling

a part of “Drop Dead, Darling”, a fictional universe by pieluver.

It's kill or be killed tonight, Darling. In this game of last man standing, death is a certainty. Just please, don't get any blood on the carpet, it's such a pain to clean.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Drop Dead, Darling”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Drop Dead, Darling

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:12 am

Ah, looks good, Sana! No worries about the wait, we're still one short, so, there will be some time before we start, haha.

I mean to let you know that I wanted y'all to put what they were wearing at the time of being kidnapped, but you caught on quick, Sana, I'm quite impressed, haha
slcam plz

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:14 am

Hullo everyone! :3

So I'm Shané (said Shanae- so yeah...I'm actually a girl haha).

I'm a cyberfriend of Pieluver's and am super excited to be joining you all....except you are going to have to wait to rp with me. As given permission by Pieluver, I will be writing posts in four weeks (due to a no internet mission trip during that time).

However I am loyal and committed, so I shall be back...for good.

So....yep, think that's it ;)

Edit: Oh oh! I forgot! I will also be doing a male character >:)
Shané

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Shané
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:02 pm

Shané <3 It's good to see you again :3

Okay, so here is the dealio with that. (Shané is rad so I know she'll be back after her missions trip) so I'll be taking over a character, and I'll kill him off when she gets back so she can have the place.

Which brings me to another side of that, which is we're going to have to figure out exactly how to kill him before then, since usually there isn't any killing until the third month of the game. (Looking at you, slcam, you Lira killer) so if anyone has any ideas at any point in time, let me know, so we can enact them before Shané gets back! :3 Otherwise my character will probably just accidentally fall down the stairs and break his neck or something, which isn't nearly as exciting if he's not been pushed, lol.

Also, speaking of that, this is what the roster looks like currently, if everything goes according to plan.

1-Skiwdge-has submitted
2-Sanarith-has submitted
3-Buggle-has not submitted
4-Sola-has not submitted
5- Shané/me - I'm working on a nerd right now, prepare ya'llselves

It would be super great if you ladies would try to get something in by, sayyy, next monday? Either that or let me know if you don't want to participate so Slcam and I can get our recruit on and find another player! :) If you have any questions, let me know!

pieluver
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Visual Appeal Storyteller Recruiter Lifegiver Tipworthy Giver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:11 pm

And submitted! I might go back and tweak here and there, but the most important stuff is there and it's enough to stand on. Soo! I'm ready to roll. Can't wait to see what's going to happen. >o<

Also, to those who are curious enough to care, here's a link: if you want to take a looksie at my handsome bachelor. ;P

roleplay/drop-dead-darling/characters/laurent-matthias-foxlinde

EDIT: CRUD. I FORGOT TO ADD WHAT HE WAS WEARING AT THE TIME OF HIS KIDNAPPING. OOPS.

EDIT X2: Fixed it~

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Hey Guys!

We have 4/5 players necessary to start right now! :D With that being said, if you haven't sent me an RP sample, please try to get that in to me before Wednesday. I would like all our character submissions to be in by midnight on Monday. I would like to get this game rolling by Wednesday. Of course, I don't always get what I want, but I'm hoping! :3

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shané on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:44 pm

Hey :)

Quick question before I go- how much information do our characters have on the actual situation? As in are they aware they're there to kill each other for a demon? Do they understand the ties Linnet and James have to him?

Shané
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:05 pm

It will be explained in the first post, but pretty much, unless someone starts asking questions, all they know is that they need to kill each other, and they think that the last one left alive will win. And again, unless they start asking questions, they won't know how exactly his relationship to both Linnet and James, save that they are the only flesh and blood servants in the place.

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:45 am

Okay, so, double post time! :D

We will officially be starting on Wednesday, discord barring, because everyone has submitted a character! I'll also be accepting the characters when I post, so remember to check everyone out then! With that being said, if you still want to do the rp sample, feel free, but I'm no longer requiring it because I'm impatient as all get out, haha.

Once we start, wait for Slcam to post directly after me, then you are free to post. I want everyone to post once (I will have to post twice though, since I have an extra character to handle) but after every character has been posted for, there will be no posting order! (Unless we are in dire need of one.)

Let your character's roam free! Plot with each other! BUT! If you need a time skip, let me know. I want to work hard at making sure time passes regularly here! :3 There will be scheduled time skips, but I'll make sure everyone knows ahead of time so they can wrap their death and destruction up :P

Also, keep an eye on the maps, make sure you know where your character is/the other characters are! :3

Mm, I think that's it though, unless Slcam wants to add anything?

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slcam on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:40 pm

I have officially finished my post! Yay! Sorry about the novelish length, and don't feel pressured to get that long. Not a requirement.

Anywho, everyone else is now allowed to post, but let everyone get one post out before posting again please! Release the posts!!!!

How I feel when writing a post...

slcam
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:45 pm

Also, real quick, here are the room assignments, the correlate with the numbers on the first floor :3

1-Eden Fellsden
2-Theodore Clayton
3-Everette Insuza
4- Wiley Skidmore
5-Laurent Foxlinde

If you have any questions as we get stared with the introductory posts, let me or slcam know! :)

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slcam on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:27 pm

Happy 4th of July, everyone! I hope you all had fun!

But not too much fun.

slcam
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:53 pm

Hey, friends, just a note, I'm a mite out of sorts at the moment, so I will certainly be scarce for a few days, so if you haven't posted yet, feel free to take your time, I probably won't start bugging people until like...Friday.

But, I've realized that I forgot to do something!

If y'all wouldn't mind introducing yourselves to the group, since we are going to be playing together for a while. You can say whatever you want, or however much you want, but please add your time zone, if you would! :3

My name is Pie, courtesy of 11 year old me (gah, 8 years ago...I don't even want to think about it, haha), and I live on the east coast, which is EST. (Though as Slcam can tell you, it doesn't stop me from staying up all night, so y'all can contact me at most any time if you need to.) I am currently on break from college, where I'll be a Sophomore next year.

To be honest, I'm painfully wordy when it comes to writing, you'll notice quickly that my posts often exceed 1000 words whether I mean them to or not, but y'all don't have to worry about achieving a word count or anything. I'm big on roleplays being fun for everyone, not purely about deadlines or complex story arcs or word counts or any of that crap, so totally come to me if you aren't having fun here, and I'll do whatever I can to help :3 I'm also the shyest yet friendliest nerd ever, so don't be afraid to talk to me about whatever, or come to me with problems that have nothing to do with the roleplay.

I also never watch TV (my roomate loves Ellen tho, so while I'm at school I watch it with her, lol) but I watch wayy too much youtube, and enjoy a good anime now and again (though I'm a terrible binge watcher haha.) I also draw a little, even though I'm not a particularly good artist, so expect fan art at some time. :3

I love the :3 face, and I use it wayy too much, because secretly, I am a cat who has learned how to use a keyboard ;3

I am excited to grow as a roleplayer with you guys and learn more about y'all! I love this group already, and I'm super excited for Shane to come back too! We're going to have a crazy ride (thanks in no small part to the devious slcam and the lovely Skwidge.)

If you are curious about the previous iterations of the game (don't feel obligated to read these, lol, they're fairly long, haha, and I was such a n00b back then XD it's kinda embarrassing to be honest) here is the first one, which is actually nearing its fourth birthday in October: roleplay/eatcha-heart-out#introduction
And the second one, which wasn't finished, sadly, so we're still in act II of the game, lol: roleplay/knock-em-dead

If you're interested in the plot, but don't want to read them all, PM me, and I'll give you a complete run down of all the tomfoolery that's happened ;3

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:43 pm

EDIT: OH MY GOODNESS WHY. WHY DOES MY INTERNET HATE ME. IGNORE THIS NASTY DOUBLE POST.
Last edited by SolanaNight on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:48 pm

Oh, I'll do an intro then! <3

My name is Sola, I am also going to be a sophomore in college (woot woot for adulthood). I thoroughly enjoy roleplaying and getting to know the people I'm playing with. I also enjoy reading (manga, novels, fanfiction/original fiction), music, drawing/painting, fashion/clothing, shopping, anime, food, and of course video games.

I obsess over different things for a period of time. Currently I'm having a Phoenix Wright kick. ^o^

I can be quite eccentric at times but I like to convince myself it is part of my charm. (I'm deluding myself)

I can't wait for this roleplay to really get moving! ^^

Oh and by the way, I don't mind moderate interaction with my beloved widower! In fact, it gives me a great springboard for my next post. ^^ So, please feel free to do. Just be sure to run any murder plots by me. I also love co-writes! So, if you have any brilliant masterplans that you want me to participate in I'd love to contribute. ^^

((ALSO, I TOTALLY want to see what happens when someone does fornication in the mansion. SO, if you have the nerve to do it, I WOULD SOOOO HELP. I mean, look at him... a charming gentleman with brains as well as a doting father... ;3)

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Skwidge on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:51 pm

Heyhey, I'll do mine then :P

So, as you know, my name is Skwidge~ it's actually not a totally random jumble of letters and whatnot. It's actually based off of a creature from the book series Keys to the Kingdom. A not-horse. xD I wanted a different username than what I had been using previously at the time I joined Roleplay Gateway, and Senpai (slcam) got me started on the series by reading it in school. It seemed cute and I was like I LOVED SKWIDGE, even though, like, it was probably the most minor 'characters' (if you could even call it that) and only mentioned for a short time in the book, but I FELL IN LOVE OKAY, DON'T JUDGE. XD

Speaking of school and slcam, let me first start off by letting those of you who do not know already, (i.e. everyone but pie. XD) I know slcam in real life. We were in the same highschool, she graduated two years ahead of me. So yeah, we're both in Colorado (for now, as per me). I absolutely love love LOVE Colorado, but I'm going into my freshman year at college in Tulsa Oklahoma. I'm nervous about going so super far from home, but I know the college that I'm going to is GREAT, and one of the friends I graduated with is also going there with me. So hopefully it won't be too bad. (omg, it's going to be AWFUL, I'm going to be bawling my first week begging to come home x3x) but I'm also really excited and I know I'm gonna do great there.

So, another thing that you guys can already tell is that I LOVE writing. Idunno, just escaping into another world and not having to deal with the stresses of life is a magical thing. PLUS CHAOS AND DEATH AND ROMANCE AND CAAAKE. xD lol, anything is possible in the world of rp, so it's of course the best thing evar.

My first posts in any roleplay are ALWAYS my longest ones. Buut, I get the feeling that with this one I'm going to be writing to last me over to the next post in this laid-back roleplay.

Big anime fan, though I'm incredibly picky with what I watch, and I don't watch as much as I used to. Ah, the days of free time. I love Japan, just because of anime. And because it's pretty awesome anyway. My favorite Japanese word is "Ohayo"; I just love saying it, even when it's not morning. XD

I am all about devious things in roleplays, and I love to chat with my fellow rpers. I'm really open, friendly, and excitable, and some people just aren't that way back, so I get nervous and miiight thing I'm being totally absolutely annoying and they want nothing to do with me ; ~; But I disgress. I always get super stoked about character interaction, and I loove all the plots and planses!! And when I say plots, I'm actually talking about just anything that anyone might want to do with my characters XD nothing plot impacting, not usually creative enough to come up with such stuff. I have my moments though :P

An interesting thing about meee is that I have ADHD, so if I haven't taken my meds in the morning, I can't focus on anything. So if I'm not writing or am distracted, this might be a key factor. I tend to wander out of my laptop nest without saying to go do a quick thing, so if I stop responding, I'm probably trying to get water or playing with my cat lol. Either that or watching youtube videos or playing minecraft or something. Like I said, I can get distracted easy. But never mistake that for disinterest!

I WRITE SO MUUCHHHH

Like, yeah, I am alllll about dem video games, I'm a fairly decent drawer, I can do free hand off of pretty much any picture, but I have little skills in the arts of shading, and people really. PIE I'M SO JELLY, I wish I could do some decent fanart. XD Maybe if I actually put my mind to it. But I'd probably be too upset by the image not coming out like I want it to.

I also love sports- basketball and SOCCER!!!!!!!!! That's actually pretty much it :I xD I've played both and intend to do intermurals in college for fun.

I am super excited for this roleplay, glad it's laid-back in posting, BUT DESPERATELY DENIED IN WANTING ALL THE STORIES AND ALL THE POSTS AT THE SAME TIME. It's a hard existence :c

----------
I am also kinda totally with Solana on the whole fornication thing. It's not been done before in any of the other rps (slcam gave me the entire rundown over milkshakes a couple of weeks ago) annnd I want to see if I can't get Drake himself to break his own rules. *waves hand dismissively* Yes yes, a far-off notion of probable unattainability, I know, I know. But it should be interesting nonetheless~
SO CALM

Skwidge
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby slcam on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:08 am

I suppose I will take my turn at introductions! My name is Slcam! Call me Clammie if you like being dyslexic ;D. This has been my username for everything since I started the whole internet thing, so feel free to nickname me if you would like. I will probably answer to just about anything, honestly, as long as I know you are refering to me. If you haven't noticed yet, I truly enjoy my gifs. It is always fun to find a good gif to suit the mood.

So far, I am the oldest out of those who have introduced themselves, (and think I am the oldest in general O.O) since I will soon be a junior in college. I am currently majoring in Biology and minoring in Chem, (pray for my sanity) but I have always enjoyed writing! Along with that, I read like a starving man. There is hardly ever a time that I am not reading something, and I often read several books at once. I especially love anything fantasy, sci fi, or historical fiction. I also really enjoy anime. I am not as picky about it and am willing to watch just about whatever, though I do have some solid boundaries and preferences. But seriously, my 'wanna watch' list is a mile long.

As Skwidge mentioned, she and I know each other. If you desperately need to get in contact with me, and I am not responding, bug Skwidge lol. It was actually Skwidge fault that I got into roleplaying in the first place. She would make small comments about writing stories with people and I would pester her with questions until she just started shrugging at me. It was a good time! Though, I was the one who dragged her to RPG. Muahahhhahaha

Currently, I work at Walmart as a cashier, usually until 10:30 my time (mountain) on most days except Sunday and, at this point, Thursday. Usually, if I don't get a post in before I work, I am unlikely to do it after, but that has been changing. Especially with this rp, I can sometimes pull out enough enthusiasm to throw something together. But, always feel free to PM me with ideas or just chat with me! I love to see that happy little [1!] or hear the pop of the chat! Also, do not be surprised if you see a message from me at some point. I end up plotting and planning instead of sleeping at times, so I may end up trying to pull you guys in, if you are up for that! Or just bugging you when I get too impatient to see your post lol.

Anywho, I think that is mostly it! Can't wait to get this thing rollin'!

slcam
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SolanaNight on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:51 am

My internet is wicked. It hates me. It tells me it failed and that I didn't post, so I attempt again desperate to let the world hear my voice only to find I did. Most embarrassing.

Oh! I totally forgot to say my major! I salute you Clammy on the whole biology thing. Not my cup of tea. That's why I am in the opposite program: Computer Engineering. XD I don't dig the whole prodding bodies and dissection thing. Gives me the willies. O_o But what do you want to do with that dear?

I was also a cashier at Dollar General! (I quit last week, but that's a different story) Retail is SCARY. Like, it is crazy dramatic. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about since it's walmart you work at. Like, people I be checking out be like, Oh you should be a manager or assistant manager! And I'm like haha, noo.

Also, Skwidge, (Widge, Wedge, Wedgie? Can I call you Wedgie? :D) That's awesome you're going to Tulsa! Come visit me in OKC some time if you get bored. :P

I also considered that as well for another character. A lovely red-headed prostitute/gold-digger who throws herself away to get in good with the big-wigs. ;3 So, we should see who seduces Drake first.

But I'm quite excited. I love the drama.

SolanaNight
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Omg, you chillins are so adorable, haha <3 (Don't worry about the double post, Sola :p it was double the fun!)

Y'all midwesterners are gonna keep me up all night, -shakes cane-

And both of you with your math and science stuff. I don't know how you do it.I'm staying right here with my Lit studies and Creative writing and my German where it's safe :p

Bruh, if y'all start getting it on in Drake's manor he's not gonna be happy with y'all, :p I mean, He probably won't do any limb tearing, but he'll be awkward and disgusted, and send James in to make y'all stop, haha, Like when you see a spider and call someone to come squish it, :P

Haha, the race to seduce the demon who has little to no concept of human sexuality XD that'd be hilarious to watch XD When people actually talk to Drake for long periods of time he starts getting reaaaallly uncomfortable, haha, he's not used to it. ..

Okay, but on to the main point of my post:

Sooo, I'm not sure if Buggle will post today or not, or when she'll post, but she's going to be gone for a couple days, so I'm not expecting anything until she gets back on..next Monday I think? So there is that.

And Sanarith has not been on in five days, which is slightly worrisome, and if she doesn't post by the time Buggle does, we're going to leave her behind for now. If she isn't back by the time Shane returns, we'll kill her character instead of Wiley. That being said, don't interact with Wiley because he's currently frozen in interaction with Sana's character, so leave stuff to the three of your characters, Linnet, and James for now :3

This has been an update from Channel π News, signing off.

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pieluver on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:53 am

Okay, posting is now open to everyone~ (Thank you kindly buggle~) -Punches air- I'll probably put something up for James soon. Just remember not to interact with Wiley or Sana's charrie for now :3

(also, has anyone heard anything from Sana? she hasn't been on in 10 days... getting a mite worried.)

pieluver
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby buggleuggy on Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:20 am

Ayyye, I'm a little late to the party, but figured I'd get an introduction up here as well! Well, my name's Buggle (or buggleuggy if you wanna take the long way) and I'm apparently one of the youngest here as I'm a mere sophomore in high school. I'm definitely a huge fan of creative writing, have been since I was in first grade. However, I'm not always the best at it so I'll apologize right now if my posts turn out awful.

I was a midwesterner, but literally just moved to TN and so I'm now on central time. But my sleeping schedule's whacked so I can only guess and speculate at when I'll be on. If I had to say right now, I probably frequent this site most during early morning hours.

Um, um, um, I'm not a very interesting person so this is a bit difficult. I'm a nerd, definitely, and in the past year have gotten super into anime. My favorite's probably Tsuritama, but manga-wise I'm a Tokyo Ghoul fan. My favorite book will probably forever be Harry Potter.

Though I'm still pretty young, I really like film stuff and would love to do something along those lines one day. I think of stories all the time, but I don't know if I have enough skill with words to actually ever sit down and write a book. I'm much better at piecing together little movies in my brain so I think that'd be fun. I applaud you guys for your talents in math and science, 'cause I'm so right-brained, I think I'd die trying to do something like that.

Ohohoho, talk of fornication in the mansion? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I kid, I kid, but I'd enjoy watching poor James try and to put a stop it.

buggleuggy
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!