Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dugar's lethargic and indifferent attempt at an introduction

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

Dugar's lethargic and indifferent attempt at an introduction

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dugar on Sun May 07, 2017 3:39 pm

1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?
Dugar, it's right there. The name supposedly came from a tower in an anime, a name my brother suggested because he read it. I hate him.
2) How'd you find this place? Google? Why'd you look it up on Google or whatever?
My last role-play site went down, so I looked for a new one, but I did not look with effort. The tumblr page RPpedia (or something) suggested this site. That's all.
3) How long have you roleplayed on forums or chat? On what sites? Did you start with tabletop games or such?
One could say I started with acting in high school, but that's lame. I started on a site called TheRPSite. It's gone now. That was back in 2014. I have been role-playing since, but not so much online since that specific site went down last year. I got some local chums around to do some Pathfinder and Fate based D6 adventures. I game-master. My love for role-play started by watching a faceless let's-player by the name of Cryaotic host a DnD game.
4) In coming to RPG, what've you been looking for specifically? A new home for roleplay? Better roleplay?
Hunh. I am usually bad with acronyms, but I see what y'all did there. What I want is a new home for some casual adventures. I want people that don't suck, people with feelings. I want to be apart of some roleplays much as I want to direct and guide some. I've already forked up, is it roleplay or role-play?
5) What kinds of roleplay are you interested in? Fantasy? Sci-fi? Go in-depth about it if you want.
All of them. There is not a genre I haven't played that I have not liked. I have dozens of characters stored in my memory, that I should write down, that are all waiting to be used, else they fall into the void of forgotten memories. I like the usual stuff: fantasy, sci-fi, slice of life, smut, etc. The only thing I don't like is Canon stuff. I can't be someone who already has standards defined in movies and literature and episodes, because I can't live up to the expectations.
6) What're your hobbies? Do you collect rocks or mount insects?
I write, play video games, read, exercise, watch stuff, browse the internet, go for long walks, etc. I collected a rock once. Mounting insects sounds like a furry sub-genre I would totally be into.
7) What's something you're good at besides writing? Maybe you're on the volleyball team or you're a quick learner? Maybe you play the flute or can fold up chairs amazingly fast? xD
I would say I am a quick learner. Perhaps my best quality is my charm, or so that's what my peers and mentors say. I am good at people. For me, to me, amiable is an understatement. If we can't get along, then it's my fault. Everything in life is and is not somehow my fault.
8) Do you have any friends here at RPG that invited you here? Would you want to make more friends while you're here?
No. Yes.
8.01) And lastly...
Don't leave on a cliff hanger. I'll get flashbacks to all the webcomics I finish.
9) Do we get cookies for looking through your thread and saying hello?
I can bake up some kindness for you.
10) The tittle generally represents my mood at the time at writing this because, well, introductions make me feel like that. Also, I feel alone, and that doesn't make me feel any better.
11) It feels good to be on a forum again. Can I change the theme?
Don't apologize to me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Dugar
Member for 7 years
Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Dugar's lethargic and indifferent attempt at an introduc

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sambea on Sun May 07, 2017 9:07 pm

" I collected a rock once. " XD best line ever.

Welcome to the site Dugar. We are happy to have you! If you ever need help just find me, I should be around the site somewhere! ^-^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sambea
Member for 8 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist World Builder Beta Tester Arc Warden Storyteller Streamwatcher Historian Novelist Person of Interest Visual Appeal Salesman Greeter Tipworthy Property Buyer Concierge Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Sun May 07, 2017 11:16 pm

Dugar wrote:3) How long have you roleplayed on forums or chat? On what sites? Did you start with tabletop games or such?
One could say I started with acting in high school, but that's lame. I started on a site called TheRPSite. It's gone now. That was back in 2014. I have been role-playing since, but not so much online since that specific site went down last year. I got some local chums around to do some Pathfinder and Fate based D6 adventures. I game-master. My love for role-play started by watching a faceless let's-player by the name of Cryaotic host a DnD game.

I always find it interesting to see (hear?) how people started out. So many different but similar stories!
Anyway, welcome! Glad to have you aboard.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SpiritDancer on Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 am

I just wanted to pop in and say welcome to RPG! I also watch Cryaotic's DnD games from time to time.

And no, as far as I know it'd not possible to change the theme of the site, however that may change in the future as the site is being updated quite often.
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"I’m tryin’ to fix myself
And not care too much about you"

SpiritDancer
Scholar
Member for 9 years
Contributor Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Builder Storyteller Beta Tester Arc Warden Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Visual Appeal Greeter Salesman Property Buyer Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Mon May 08, 2017 12:57 pm

" i collected a rock once" - i have no worries for you then
- also you should love your bro
If you happen to have a riddle for me - i will gladly accept your offer

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dugar on Mon May 08, 2017 5:41 pm

Yeah, hello to all!
- no, I should not, I should not like a socially inept, callous creature that attacked me a few months ago. I should have beat him to a pulp and call the cops on him. My only regret, well, one of my few regrets, is that I did not do either of those. Also, I love things. I ain't close enough to anyone to say I love them. #myproblems

Dugar
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Red_Cardinal on Tue May 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Yes - you should

Red_Cardinal
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Tue May 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Dugar wrote:1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?
Dugar, it's right there. The name supposedly came from a tower in an anime, a name my brother suggested because he read it.

Would you believe that I might actually know the anime you're talking about? If it's the same one as I remember, then it's name is "The Tower of Druaga." It was a... lukewarm watch, not terrible, but it didn't wow me, you know? Personally, I'm more concerned with the fact that I remember these things.

Like srsly, what a nerd, right?

Anyway~ Welcome to RPG! I hope you find your stay fun and exciting!
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dugar on Wed May 10, 2017 12:05 pm

Talisman wrote:
Dugar wrote:1) What's your username? Why'd you pick that username?
Dugar, it's right there. The name supposedly came from a tower in an anime, a name my brother suggested because he read it.

Would you believe that I might actually know the anime you're talking about? If it's the same one as I remember, then it's name is "The Tower of Druaga." It was a... lukewarm watch, not terrible, but it didn't wow me, you know? Personally, I'm more concerned with the fact that I remember these things.

Like srsly, what a nerd, right?

Anyway~ Welcome to RPG! I hope you find your stay fun and exciting!

Thank you for regaling me with my truest of origins. I am impressed. However, I think I will stick with Dugar. Nerd or not, thank you.

Red_Cardinal wrote:Yes - you should

I am no longer angry because of the troll image.

Dugar
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aniihya on Thu May 18, 2017 10:20 am

Hi Dugar! Have fun here at RPG.
Everybody! Unless you have been in a roleplay with me in the past and were loyal to it, do not PM or text me about joining your RP.

I do NOT do Pokemon, Yugioh, WoW or any such RPs.

Please be aware of this.

Aniihya
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Tipworthy Tipworthy Visual Appeal Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!