Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Dungeons & Dragons

Dungeons & Dragons

a part of “Dungeons & Dragons”, a fictional universe by Brony Otaku.

Taken directly from the old Dungeon Crawl Classics of old, a group of heroes make a name for themselves in the world through exploits and virtue.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Dungeons & Dragons”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Dungeons & Dragons

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:44 pm

Yaaay! Challenge! :D

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Wheatley
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Healers, pah!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BilgeWater on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Character Submitted

BilgeWater
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Billie_blujean on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:40 pm

@ Smokescreen - I just tried to "Like" your comment. Too much time on fb.

Random comment about Healers - The first game I played in involved 6 players. 4 of us could heal, 3 of us were clerics (I was a divine bard). And our DM house-ruled that anyone who could cast spells could cast spontaneously. We were supposed to have this HUGE fight involving a troll that was WAY out of our league. We later discovered that the DM's goal was for all of us to be knocked unconscious in order for him to do this big plot thing he wanted. Instead, we kept each other standing long enough for our tank (who wouldn't tank for us - just stand on the side and shoot arrows, then 5 ft adjust out of harm's way) to roll a nat 20 and behead the troll. Needless to say, I do love a good healer-heavy party.
~*~*The insecurity is almost as dire as the actual incidents: Much like democratic presidencies, we live in constant fear, never knowing when the next one will occur*~*

Billie_blujean
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:59 pm

@ Billie_blujean - I remember a time (about a million years ago) when healers were lame in our games, we always ran DPS heavy; Rogue, Barbarian, Sorc and two Rangers. We ran shit like it was our job and our DM was getting pissed so he's like "Fuck you guys, you can either be Clerics or Druids." and like your game - every altercation was disgustingly one sided in our favour. Healers can be tide-turners if played right.

I'm sure a healer will turn up, lol.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Completionist Contributor Greeter Concierge Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby aod0209 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:11 pm

Ive only played a few games of dnd but now tha it think about it dont think ive played but one with a healer, and it was a cleric chick who ended up not being much of a help really...something happened and i remember she caused a friend of mine to get caught and raped by a lot of goblins....was her boyfriend that got caught too....was ugly....pretty sure to this day he still wouldnt play with her again lol....so yay no heals lol

aod0209
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:21 pm

I think Brony's trying to figure out which characters to accept and reject :P

Wheatley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:32 pm

I think the last time a DnD game was tried on this site that I remember the DM got flooded with like 8 Assassin characters and a bunch of Wizards. So he was like "F, this" lol. I like how Brony has got future chapters laid out, it might be like games I recall where one team will adventure together and gain levels over many games. It'd be cool to have that again. I hope everyone gets along (and no goblins rape us)

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:44 pm

In many of the old D&D games I participated in, it was a running joke that my brother and I made the best clerics because we always got stuck filling the role. Eventually we played them for so long all it took was someone to say "we need a tank cleric" and one would be written up and on the front lines in an instant. Or "we need a doting healer!" and of course they would be there with the largest first-aid kit of spells one could imagine.

I think that if worse comes to worse, I could NPC a cleric or healer of some sort in there. Otherwise, I think this group can handle themselves.
Take a chance and roll the die... get in line for Dungeons & Dragons!

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Also, not to post all too soon after the previous one, but I have accepted all of the current characters that are complete (with a few modifications to be made here and there, nothing major of course) and I will have the opening post up shortly.

And that is EXACTLY what I had in mind Smokescreen with the chapters. I want the group to be together for as long as possible, potential deaths notwithstanding. But if it happens, it happens! All in the game, right?

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Exactly. On another note: Horay for gnome monks And their non-existance outside this RP

Now this gives me an excuse to mentally engineer the little man combat style outside of crotch punching and kneecaping XD

Wheatley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:38 pm

MAJOR NOTE TO ALL:

I HAVE started the game, and I will be running it in the way a DM at the table would (telling you what you see, hear, etc). Feel free to reply in character at your leisure but do be courteous to your fellow players and don't let things get too far out of hand with conversations or actions leaving us with 20 pages of stuff we may have to sift through to find a mentioning of our characters.

I will help everyone fine-tune skills and spells if they need them, but until then let's just enjoy what's been given to us thus far!

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Since it looks like we're starting combat, do we need that die roll, or are we just given free-reign to look like badass'?

Wheatley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Consider it free-reign for the time being.

I will link to a die roller once things get underway.

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Wheatley on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:51 pm

What about the monster's reaction and damage to attacks?

(Sorry, I just really want to be precise on this stuff)

Wheatley
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:54 pm

I will post their reactions doing a little this-and-that on my end here with my dice. You'll know the success of your attempts in the responses.

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:12 pm

SKILL POINTS PER CHARACTER:

Kitherine Damacus (Wizard)- 20 points

Cormi Carner (Ranger)- 24 points

Naqiya Crestfall (Bard)- 32 points

Imara Rowan (Bard)- 28 points

Royrick Elni (Monk)- 12 points

Torgrimm Urkesh (Barbarian)- 8 points

Skill points are determined by intelligence scores. High ones grant more points, low ones grant less. Certain classes are skill oriented (like bards and rogues) so they will also have access to more points. Spellcasters don't rely on skills as much as spells and warriors don't rely on skills as much as brute strength.

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:40 am

I wasn't sure how we were doing casting and went out on a limb. In previous games I've played; even level one spells took a single action, meaning one could prepare and cast all in the same turn. However, I did play with a DM who was an absolute tyrant with casting and made us roll for hand dexterity, retrieving material, preparation and casting. it would take two turns to cast a 0 level spell with that guy and made the game so unfun we all deserted him to play Vampire the Masquerade; we were that disgusted.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brony Otaku on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:48 am

Spells are single actions, so do not worry.

Unless of course you're part of a circle of druids or a cabal of cultists trying to summon forth some great evil to decimate the landscape...

... then I would say it would take an eensy bit longer than a single action.

Brony Otaku
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Smokescreen on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:56 am

When I level up to 2 I was planning on doing both those things, drat I have to rethink my whole game plan now. Maybe a bard and a wizard can just duo the entire encounter, how's that sound DM? Lol.

Smokescreen
Member for 17 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!