Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Earth and her colonies

a topic in Gundam Wing: The Jupiter Chronicles, a part of the RPG forum.

Custom game.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:05 am

The russian officer looked up. "It wouldn't be surprising if I have no russian accent. I'm half-chinese as well, I'm a Russian Protectorate Unit, Captain of the 5th Squad. I happened to meet with an accident in Martian colonies, and had to secure a trip back to Earth, unfortunately I got myself stranded here."
Dennis idly tapped his fingers on the table.
"My headquarters assigned me to a project while I was here, so I'll be around for quite some time. In a defense project."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Faile

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:05 pm

Gabriel woke up at the same time as usual. A very routine set man. He slipped out of bed, ninjistu workout, shower, and breakfast.

On his way out he stopped in the lobby as Tadakastu was up as well. He knew the man was a police officer in the city, but which area he was uncertain. His badge was gleaming as the two waved at each other and made small talk as the exited the building and headed off in different directions.

It was a chilly morning, partly cloudy and looked like it was going to rain sometime later in the day. That didn't bother Gabe at all he still smiled all the way to work in his pressed navy suit with a white dress shirt and light blue tie. He brushed his hair out his bangs as he walked, the wind had picked up. His cuffs, as usual, were open.

He waved to some of the other teachers as the entered the school. Mrs. Brave, Ms. Hinder, Mr. Schieffen, Mrs. Vanderhoven and a few others. Ms. Hinder walked by his side all the way into the teachers lounge making small talk about her coffee.

She was a pretty woman standing at a mere 5'6" with short light blond hair and bleach streaks. She had soft features and Gabe found her very attractive.

As she went to pull open the door to the lounge Gabe put his forearm against it keeping it closed. She gave him a confused look.

"I know it's against school policy, but..."
This was his chance.
"...I was wondering if you'd like to go out for dinner tonight."
He never lost his composure. Kept the words calm and cool as he spoke. She blushed and dropped her head. She looked around for a few minutes. Gabe assumed she was trying to put the words together. When she finally looked up at him she was grinning like a fool.
"I'd love too Gabe. Pick me up at eight. Wait, you don't drive. I'll pick you up at eight."
He smiled and nodded before removing his arm from the door allowing her to open it and the both slipped in.

Gabe kept his face as happy as he was usually, even though inside he was skipping with glee.

The rest of the day was pretty routine. Class, work period, lunch, class, class. He loved all of his classes and had a great time in them all.

Right after the bell rang he grinned his whole walk home, seeing Tadakastu in the lobby again as they made small talk before returning to their rooms. He was a nice man.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:29 pm

Tadakastu enjoyed his little chats with Gabe; he enjoyed some "normal" human interaction every now and then. The people at the station and in the Protectorate were good people, but they were a bit off. Tadakastu guessed that someone would have to be to willingly throw themselves into harms way every day.

Tadakastu was in his room for about five minuets before he left again. He had just come back to check the mail and drop something off. Tadakastu stopped and looked at Gabe's door for a second then knocked on it. He waited for Gabe to answer.

"Hey Gabe, I've got a quick question for you if you don't mind. You teach pre AC history right? I was just wondering what kind of attitudes the leaders back then had, and what it ended up leading to."

Tadakastu had been pondering this question since he made his decision the other night. If he was going to go through with this, he needed some basis to go on, what other people had done and the results they had achieved, or failed to achieve.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melphina_Noin on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:36 pm

Kathy perked up when she heard he was a military man. Like many girls, she had a thing for guys in uniforms, which wasn't a good things seeing as she was surrounded by them on a daily basis.

"Well I'm sorry to hear that you're stranded here. And what kind of project are you doing and does High Command know about it? You know they don't like secret projects being conducted. They keep referring to some horrible incident that happened when a secret plan was conducted two hundred years ago, on a place called Libra."

Kathy shrugged as the waiter came over.

"Hi, I'll have the Italian Lagasana please, and bring us a bottle of wine would you?"

Melphina_Noin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:49 pm

Gabe was making some tea when he heard the knock upon his door before getting up from his table and walking over to the door and pulled it open. Tadakastu was standing there.
"Hey Gabe, I've got a quick question for you if you don't mind. You teach pre AC history right? I was just wondering what kind of attitudes the leaders back then had, and what it ended up leading to?"
Gabriel dropped his head and pulled the door the rest of the way open offering Tadakastu to come in.
"Come on in. I'm brewing some tea. He looked quickly at his watch, I have about four hours to kill."
He said smiling.

Soon the tea was done and the two were sitting on the couch.

"I hope that you like Green."
He took a calm sip and brushed his hair back before crossing his legs and leaning back.
"Well, as you know, every person is different, thus making their decisions and choices different. During all four world wars there were highly involved countries as well as neutral. There were some great leaders of the time such as John A. Macdonald, Abraham Lincoln. Adolf Hitler even was one of the greatest leaders in history, his ideals however, were not so wonderful. Where as Lincoln wanted peace and equality, Hitler wanted superiority and genocide."
He paused to take another sip of the tea. Enjoying it.
"The problem is that leadership, and power usual result in corruption. How can one with the power to end the world not use that power for personal gain?"
He took another drink of the tea and and let out a little chuckle before continuing.
"Very few can. It is a very difficult task and not many are up to it. However, those that can would be remembered forever. Most people initially try for power to protect those closest to them or just the people in general. As long as a leader, such as Churchill, remembers that it is the people that put them there and it is the people that keep them there. They need to continue to help them. Politics is usually just the desire to help. The main problem is personal agendas and well...capitolism."
He stopped there and finished his tea. Tadakastu had just sat there and absorbed the whole time Gabe spoke. It was time for him to do the talking.
"May I ask why?"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:07 am

Tadakastu accepted the invitation. Tea sounded like a good idea, but he forgot all about that when Gabe started talking.

"Well, as you know, every person is different, thus making their decisions and choices different. During all four world wars there were highly involved countries as well as neutral. There were some great leaders of the time such as John A. Macdonald, Abraham Lincoln. Adolf Hitler even was one of the greatest leaders in history, his ideals however, were not so wonderful. Where as Lincoln wanted peace and equality, Hitler wanted superiority and genocide. Very few can. It is a very difficult task and not many are up to it. However, those that can would be remembered forever. Most people initially try for power to protect those closest to them or just the people in general. As long as a leader, such as Churchill, remembers that it is the people that put them there and it is the people that keep them there. They need to continue to help them. Politics is usually just the desire to help. The main problem is personal agendas and well...capitalism. May I ask why?"

Tadakastu sat there for a few seconds thinking, it didn't even cross his mind that Gabe would ask a reason for wanting to know, so his mind was struggling to come up with an excuse.

'Taking a class? No. Just want to know? He'd never buy it. Tell the truth? No, at least not now.

Suddenly an idea hit him. Tadakastu looked up at Gabe.

"I'm going to tell you something about myself, something no one outside my job knows, and that's because they're not supposed to know. There is a secret branch of the police force, call The Protectorate, have you heard of them? No, I didn't think so, most haven't heard of them. Well I'm the ranking officer of the branch in this city and we're called in when the police can't handle a job because of lack of force or because of red tape. Are you catching my drift? We use tactics that are just as bad, as and sometimes even worse than the criminals that we're trying to catch."

Tadakastu took a long sip of the tea, draining half the cup. He still hadn't answered Gabe's question, but he was getting there. He's be in for a heap of trouble if they found out he was sharing this information.

"Well the commanding officers and the higher up, the ones that never get their hands dirty and get all the credit, have been pushing us to go even further. These people, these so called "saviors" and "humanitarians" are just trying to expand their power more and more. It's my belief, and the belief of several others, including Faye and Seto Kusanagi that these kind of people need to be kept in check. What do you think of all of this?"

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:44 am

Dennis looked at the waiter. "Same for me." He didn't object to the wine, liquor was natural in the army, you drank it all the day long, got dead drunk, then do the same tommorow. The russian officer pondered over the new question, "High Command knows about it. And the Chinese, Russian, and American goverments are playing a major part in resources. Asian territories have been selected as the...training facilities."
The russian officer plucked at the strands of hair out of boredom. He was more used to asking his comrades to go get dinner, and he never got dinner. As such, he was never used to waiting. And his patience wore thin quickly.

"They think JAF is striking soon. Which I highly...how should I put it, find amusing." What he really wanted to say was, he found it obvious over ther resources they gathered...

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melphina_Noin on Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:10 am

"That's weird, I figuered I would have heard of it if it's been approved by High Command. And what do you mean by training facilities and what's the JAF?"

Kathy had her suspicions about what the Jupiter colonies have been up to, but as far as she knew no one had any proof of an invasion or any sort of new construction since the diplomats on the colonies went missing.

"You seem to know a lot of what's going on around here. What exactly are you doing here? And what's this project?"

Melphina_Noin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:27 am

Dennis got cautious at her increased curiousity, but other than that, kept perfectly calm and composed.
"I am one of the representitives from the Protectorate. I have been charged with important, confidential duties that have to be kept from lesser goverment powers." The russian officer paused. She would know sooner or later, as one of the selected pilots.

The russian leaned forward, "The project is granted an important source, Earth is now rebuilding Mobile Suits in order to prepare for the upcoming, prophercized war. If the war is invalid, these new machines will be locked away. But if they are..." Dennis paused once more. He reached into his pocket and drew out a piece of paper, on it were pictures of five mobile suits and the specialities, following that, development steps and pilots selected.

"IGX-0.1" He finished. He pointed his finger to a Mobile suit which resembled two stars fixed into one, it's "parts" had a cross pattern like Gemini. The body was divided into three parts. Armed with a beam rifle and laser ahhiliator. Also with grappling bombs. "G.1-Gemini 'Unity' MS. Sooner or later, you WILL be sitting in this." The russian got up, he left the piece of paper with her. "We will be in the same boat, if the flames of chaos really rekindles."

Dennis V.Ritchoven left the table quietly, he might as well start earlier. He reminded himself of what he had to do in this conversation. He stared at the stars once he walked out. "For pete's sake, it happens all over again." Striding toward the facilities, he muttered. "Then again, whats the military for..."
The figure became a small dot in the horizon and disappeared.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melphina_Noin on Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:26 am

Kathy stared at him with a concerned look on her face.

"You're rebuilding the Mobile Suits?"

Her voice became a whisper, but with a serious sense of urgency.

"What the hell do you think your doing? We don't need those things anymore. Whenever they get involved nothing good comes from it."

Kathy looked down at the specs sheet.

"These are GUNDAMS. Are you people out...of...your...minds! I can't pilot something like this; I can't even pilot a star fighter well enough to pass the entrance exams to qualify for a squad."

Kathy sat there for a few minuets with her face in her hands until the food came. Kathy had them box it up to go and put the wine back. Once that was down, she paid and ran back to her quarters to drop off the food and then headed straight for the bridge. If she hurried she could catch the commander. She made in there in about ten minuets and the commander was still here.

"Sir what the hell is going on here?"

The commander turned to her in surprise.

"What do you mean? And watch how you talk to me."

"Cut the shit sir, I mean this! We're building Gundams! So start talking, now!" Kathy held up the specs sheet a few inches away from the commander’s face.

All the other crewmen on the bridge were staring at her, but she didn't care. The commander cleared h is throat and motioned to his office off to the side. Once they were in there he took a seat.

"Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before you found out. We were trying to keep this on low profile until we were sure, but we suspect that the Jupiter colonies have constructed their own Mobile Suits and have built up an attack force. With the intention of attack and dominate us."

Kathy stared at him. Jupiter had built their own Mobile Suits? They'd be powerful, much more powerful than any normal Mobile Suit. So that was why Gundams were being built.

"I see that you're going to need some time to think this over. Why don't you take the next three days of Kathy?"

"But sir....."

"That wasn't an option Kathy. You're dismissed."

Kathy thought about protesting but thought better of it. She saluted, turned on her heal and left his office. The doors hadn't even been closed for a second before the commander heard her voice again.

"What the HELL are you looking at?"

Melphina_Noin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:15 am

Dennis awoke in the training facilities. He had returned yesterday and was not in a very good mood. He had been forced to do late night exercises, running laps in the middle of the night while screaming he wanted to go to sleep.
Today was no different, he sat at the table typing various codes and commands, practicing the mobile suit controls and getting over exhausted over the entire system.
Then he had to go for physical training all over again, he had been informed this would take "A few days or so." But now, each day felt like a bloody millenuim.
Dennis continued his grueling training grudgingly.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:20 am

Faye awoke to the bright rays of the morning sun. She looked around with blurry eyes then shook her head to shake off the last of the sleepiness. Apparently she had fallen asleep on the couch after a few drinks, and Seto was nowhere to be found. Faye stood up and stretched then headed out to the bed room to see if Seto was there. He wasn't and the bed didn't look like it had been slept in at all. Faye was confused, Seto never made the bed, she usually did. Faye headed back out to the living room and the smell of food attracted her to the kitchen. Jeeves was there preparing some eggs and ham.

"Good morning my lady, I heard you get up so I figuered you'd be hungry."

Faye smiled and chuckled.

"Well thank you Jeeves, but I've told you before, you don't have to do things like this for me, I'm not used to it."

It was Jeeves' turn to laugh.

"That may be so milady, but Master Seto has instructed that I treat you like the lady of the house, so that is what I am doing. And speaking of the Master, there is a message from him on the communication link. I saved it for you; breakfast should be ready in about five minuets."

Faye nodded and headed over to the phone. Sure enough there was a blinking orange light indicating a saved message. Faye picked up the phone and put it to her ear as Seto's face appeared on the screen.

"Sorry to run out on you guys like I did, but there was an emergency meeting of the ESUN board of delegates and they said my presence was required. I'll be back home within the week. Again, I'm sorry Faye, and I love you."

Faye hung up the phone and sighed; she was off today and had hopped to spend some time with Seto. Just then Jeeves called out that break fast was ready. Well if she couldn't spend it with Seto, she figuered she go see what Tadakastu was up to. After breakfast of course.

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:18 am

Dennis panted as he walked, tired to the bench. He gulped down a bottle of water quickly, before officers announced breakfast was ready. He had been up and running since 5.00AM, energy was welcome. He moved slowly to the cafeteria, then a commander called to him. "Dennis! You don't sit with normal militia!"
The russian officer glanced at the other soldiers looking at him with awe, godlike respect even. He moved gratefully to the VIP Seats, air conditioned as well.
The engineer chuckled when he saw his state.
"You used to it yet?"
"No. Not exactly, I plan to die tommorow."
"Ah well, training is always grueling."
The russian officer grabbed a sandwich and bit into it, "How much longer?" The scientist spoke up. "By my estimations, about four more days, given your intelligence."
"You flatter me."

He moved away from the table soon after. Going back to the technological training labs. This was getting very out of hand.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:06 am

Gabriel was still leaning back in his chair not looking to surprised at all until Tadakastu mentioned the Protectorate. He dropped his head and sat in silence for a moment. He took another sip of his tea still absorbing the man's words. Gabe nodded before looking up and speaking.
"Tadakastu, normally I would tell you what you are doing is an honorable thing. Those who don't wish to come quietly into the night should be dragged kicking and screaming.

You see, I love this planet so very much. Actually, if it were up to me all of the colonies would be destroyed for treason. But that's another story for another day. As much as I love this planet I love peace. Even more so. I may be a Shadow Warrior or a Ninja, but I would detest having to use my abilities. BUT I would use them to preserve reverence.

I agree that your superiors should not be gaining this type of power, especially because it is outside of the law. Although, to be honest with you I believe that your job needs to be done. You just require better leadership. Such as yourself."

Gabriel finished his little speech and took another drink of his tea finishing that as well. He placed the cup softly upon the table and sat back upright in the chair with his legs crossed and his hands folded below his chin.

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:42 pm

"Tadakastu, normally I would tell you what you are doing is an honorable thing. Those who don't wish to come quietly into the night should be dragged kicking and screaming.

You see, I love this planet so very much. Actually, if it were up to me all of the colonies would be destroyed for treason. But that's another story for another day. As much as I love this planet I love peace. Even more so. I may be a Shadow Warrior or a Ninja, but I would detest having to use my abilities. BUT I would use them to preserve reverence.

I agree that your superiors should not be gaining this type of power, especially because it is outside of the law. Although, to be honest with you I believe that your job needs to be done. You just require better leadership. Such as yourself."

Tadakastu looked up when Gabe mentioned that he was a ninja. There was always something new to learn about someone. But what really caught Tadakastu off guard was Gabe's last comment.

"Although, to be honest with you I believe that your job needs to be done. You just require better leadership. Such as yourself."

"Such as myself?"

Tadakastu turned this though over and over in his mind. If would be different if her were leading the Protectorate, but most of everything he had told Gabe was a lie. Sure the higher ups were abusing their power, but that's not why Tadakastu had wanted the information. Maybe it could work; maybe he could take control of the Protectorate and use their power to achieve the right ends by a better mean.

"You really think I could lead such a group? I mean, I just happened to stumble on this job. BY all rights, I shouldn't even be a police officer of any kind."

Tadakastu finished off the tea and set the cup down on the table. Tadakastu knew that Gabe was a smart man but smart men didn't always know what they were talking about. Tadakastu looked up at Gabe, who was sitting with his hands crossed under his chin.

"What about you? Wouldn't it be better for someone like you to lead? You seem to know a hell of a lot more than I do. And what about this ninja stuff?"

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melphina_Noin on Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:49 pm

Faye pulled up in front of the apartment building where Tadakastu and Gabe lived. Faye had no idea who Gabe was or even that he lived here, but she knew that Tadakastu lived here. She strolled though the halls trying to remember which one was Tadakastu's. She finally decided between two doors, room 315, which was actually Tadakastu’s, and room 316 right across the hall, which was where Gabe lived. Faye stood there for a few seconds, pondering which to choose. It was a fifty fifty chance, so she chose the door on the right, room 316.

"Hey open up, I know you're in there! I saw your car outside. You never do anything with anyone. Why do you just come on out and at least show me that you're still alive!"

Faye pounded on the door with the bottom of her fist as she spoke. She hoped that this was the right room; she would be embarrassed as hell if it wasn't.

Melphina_Noin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gabriel Faile on Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:41 pm

Gabe sat wondering over Tadakastu's statement about Gabe's knowledge.
"Well Tadakastu, I don't really know you enough to say if you are fit to run an organization that I know so little about. Though, I can say you are smart enough to question it which seems to be more than your peers can say.

As far as my career in ninjitsu is concerned, I am but a meer teacher at a small dojo not far from here. I teach it to others not to use it, but because of the balance between body and mind it requires. I detest violence. That is as far as my skill goes. I would hate to ever have to use it. Don't let that my willingness to use it confuse you, because I would should I be put in the appropriate situation."

After those words a loud knock came upon Gabe's door. He picked up the two cups and set them in the sink on his way over.

He pulled it opened to see a young blonde woman standing there. He blinked a little. This wasn't Samantha Hinder.

"Can I help you?"

Gabriel Faile
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melphina_Noin on Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:56 pm

Faye was standing there with her arms crossed and her eyes closed.

"Well it's about time you opened up. I was starting to think that.....you were...........dead?"

Faye's face flushed when she opened her eyes and saw that it wasn't Tadakastu standing there, but someone else, a handsome someone else.

"Oh god. I'm sorry I must have gotten the wrong room I was looking for Tadakastu. I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Melphina_Noin
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SSJHunterKiller on Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:59 pm

Tadakastu pondered what Gab had said about his training. Something like that could come in hand. If not in a fight, just to keep his mind calm. He considered asking Gabe for lessons or training, but from what he had just said, Tadakastu figuered that Gabe would deny him. Tadakastu was about to open his mouth when there was a knock on Gabs door. He figuered it was whoever Gabe and been waiting for and stood up to leave, but to his shock it was Faye.

"What are you doing here?"

SSJHunterKiller
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonwolf on Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:19 pm

The training was not going smoothly.
The russian officer had already fainted twice, and got heavily injured fifteen times. Getting electrocuted and forced to run in the middle of the night, no to mention no breaks for a 35-Hour stretch was enough to drain all of one's strength.

And such exercises were not exactly planned in soldier basic training, nor advanced training, nor the special forces training. Dennis growled at an instructor, "Is all this really needed just to pilot a condemned mobile suit?" The instructor glanced at him pitifully. "Bear with it for a few more hours."
Dennis moaned. "The knowledge is more tough than the exercises."
The instructor pretend to ignore that conveniently.

The russian stomped up the stairs, very, very exhausted, and still, he had to continue.

Moonwolf
Member for 12 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.