Announcements: Initiative: Promoting Forum Roleplay » Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Satire & Comedy » Platonic numbers » No complaints (a little bit of rappin) » Any multi-player roleplay videogamers here? » Needing a woman's perspective on a concept » Gluts and Gaps » Universal Basic Income » Impending Pursuit Q&A » Eudaimonia » Loot! » Natural Kinds » I have a funny idea » Life in the 21st century. » Song of the Runes » Plato’s Beard » Clues » Nihilism » Strange Tales From Hadean » Art Gulag [ Come get this Commish! ] » Visibility of Private Universes & Profile Customisation »

Players Wanted: Kingdom come looking for roleplayers » The Last Dragon! » Roleplay Return for 1 x 1 » Players wanted for a science fiction adventure. » Players needed for Fantasy Romance reboot » One(1) male & Two(2) Female Roles OPEN <3 » Talmora: Kingdom of magic » Looking For A New Partner » Hellboy characters » 18+ Writing Partner [Fantasy, Romance, Etc.] » 18+, Multi-Para to Novella Writers please! » Looking for roleplayers » Fun tale full of angels, demons, and humans » Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted »

Echo Company: Ender's Legacy

Echo Company: Ender's Legacy

a part of “Echo Company: Ender's Legacy”, a fictional universe by Jag.

Chosen from a young age and trained for life among the stars, the cadets of Echo Company fight for pride, glory, and survival. Become a member of Echo Company and fight for the right to claim Ender's Legacy.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Echo Company: Ender's Legacy”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Echo Company: Ender's Legacy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:58 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Echo Company: Ender's Legacy"

The IC thread is located here.

Welcome to Echo Company: Ender's Legacy

Applications for characters will be continually accepted on a rolling basis. There is no deadline to join the game and it is never too late to become a member of Echo Company. If you need helping catching up on the story thus far or finding what kind of character might be needed, feel free to contact the GM at any time.
Last edited by Jag on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Echo Company: Ender's Legacy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Sounds like a good and very thought out story. The fact that it's based on two book that I love (Though I haven't read either in ages), only helps. I plan on joining and will start on a character ASAP. I'm posting here to remind me and to make sure I don't forget about it inside all of RPGs activity.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

PanzerJedi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 'MericanPie on Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Ditto Jedi! :D So excited. I'm beat, though, so I'll work on a character sometime this weekend.
"Start a fire for a man and he is warm for a night. Light a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life."

'MericanPie
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance with character creation. I'm going to submit a second character for myself in the next few days -- a young plebe fresh to the company.

For anything or to throw out and discuss ideas, you know where to find me. Thanks.

Jag
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DrVonTrip on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:21 pm

I as well am interested. My time is streched but i believe i can submit a character profile sometime today or tomorrow.
The Doctor is in, blasphemers beware

DrVonTrip
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 'MericanPie on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:24 pm

FOr the record, I'm making one of my characters a member of special ops (not leader) and a girl plebe. I'll hopefully be able to work on those sometime tomorrow.

'MericanPie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:28 pm

So here's how it works...

I would really like to begin the game by the end of this week. We have some very good characters already on the roster and I'm very optimistic about the promised characters that should be coming down the pipeline from the rest of you very soon. The sooner we can get them in, the sooner we can get this show on the road. I've found that waiting too long is a good way to lose the players that joined early and I would hate for that to happen here.

Let's get those characters in and get this show on the road!

@ Nogond: I still have yet to see the requested edits to your character. I cannot accept him until the edits are made.

@ 'MericanPie: Thanks and I hope to see them soon. I'm glad to know that another player is interested in playing one of the younger members of the company. My own plebe will be up by the end of the evening barring something jarring on my end.

Jag
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:04 pm

I plan on making a female ACAT specializing in Naval Strategy and Tactics, specializing in light units. I'll also probably make a plebe. I'll try to have the Girl up in the next couple of days and the plebe by the end of the week.

I also have to agree that waiting too long does tend to cause players to leave. I'll start looking for pics in couple of hours (I'd look now, but I'm playing NavyField at the moment.)

PanzerJedi
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:28 pm

I submitted the above-mentioned plebe and also the "supervising officer" for Echo Company. He will largely serve as a metacharacter used to establish major plot points in the game rather than a post-in post-out character. His presence will be a major factor the minds of the recruits, but don't expect him to be around during many scenes although he will probably be heavily referenced.

Jag
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:06 pm

Note: Please send me a PM or contact me on YIM when you submit your character. My new latop (which is the mother of all computers) will be in a few days and my connectivity may be a bit sporadic as I am transferring from an old and dying model. Thanks.

Jag
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 'MericanPie on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:46 am

Something unexpected has come up. A good thing, but... Basically, I'll have two hours less every other day. So, no Ender's Game RP for me. :/ Sorry.

'MericanPie
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:09 am

Thanks for letting us know and thanks for the consideration. Although I would be thrilled with a post every four days, that would still be asking you to devote a lot of time to this game when you have a lot of other irons in the fire. I appreciate you giving the game some serious consideration and feel free to come back to us if time ever opens up for you again. Good luck!

To all -- I'm going to start the game on Friday with the characters that are approved at that time. All others are still free to join, but I don't want to risk losing the players that have already been approved.

Last issue -- should we use the "Posting" tab or a traditional IC thread? I'll let the majority rule on that.

Jag
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby flying monkey child on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:08 am

I'm good with whichever, posting or thread. I guess I would rather it be in a thread, but it's not that big of a deal.

flying monkey child
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cynique on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:51 pm

I find that threads usually work better, since the posting tab sometimes screws up or time delays... I'm not opposed to either though =)
A conclusion's just the part where you got tired of thinking.

Cynique
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:19 pm

I've always preferred a traditional IC thread as well. The vast majority was the problem with accessing posts beyond Page 1 in the Tab system until that was fixed almost two weeks ago. Also, I just find it easier to scroll down while reading posts.

Jag
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PanzerJedi on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:42 pm

I have to say IC thread. I'm more likely to be active in a Thread RP than a tab because I have to remember to check tab rps. Thread RPs come up when I click the view your post button. And I swear that I still mean to make a correct. A general lack of motivation combined with the fact that I just bought KOTOR just means it will take me a bit. Still planning on having her up by the end of the week.

PanzerJedi
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:55 am

The IC thread is up and running [url=http://www.roleplaygateway.com/echo-company-ender-legacy-t51315.html]here[url]. Posting is open now for any accepted characters.

Things will more than likely start a little slow as everyone gets a feel for the game, the setting, and everything else that is needed. If you have any questions about the setting or have some ideas for how to improve things, please let me know and we will make them work!

Finally -- I've tried to crosslink the Tab and IC thread together so that it is easy to navigate from one to the other and make it easy for new players to get involved. If you spot a problem, tell me so I can quickly fix it. Thanks.

Jag
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cynique on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:50 pm

First posts up~ Does it looks alright? I'm still getting a feel for the RP.

Cynique
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:37 pm

Solid start, thanks for posting so quickly! We'll try not to run away with the game before anyone else gets a chance to get in on the opening, but we won't wait around forever since we have rolling applications.

Note: Not a big deal, but it's Aiden, not Aidan. Although they both look cool.

Jag
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cynique on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:51 pm

No problem =) Okay, and sorry about the typo, i'll have to remember that.

Cynique
Member for 12 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!