Editing in the OOC?

a topic in Help, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderators: Ambassadors, Scholars, Coders

Something not working as expected? Looking for a guide to help you find something? Check here for your answer!

Editing in the OOC?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 3times on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Is it just me, or didn't we used to be able to do that? A Co-Gm of mine created an OOC topic which needs editing as more characters are allowed in and now neither of us (me being the owner) can get in it to edit it. Which wouldn't be a problem except that it doesn't seem to be only the main post, but all the posts, leaving there no way to be a running tabby unless we keep making new posts.

It's a huge inconvenience but can be worked around if this isn't just some kind of glitch...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

3times
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Editing in the OOC?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:15 pm

As far as I am aware, this isn't a glitch.

Your posts have a certain time period, an "expiration date," if you will, before they are locked and can not be edited. It's been part of the site for awhile, but if you find this to be an issue that needs to be changed, feel free to provide your feedback and submit suggestions/ideas.

On a personal note, I previously suggested that they extend the time period, or just do away with it altogether and let all posts no matter how relevant they are in terms of date, to be edited.

Quick question though, how long after the posts did you attempt to edit them?
Like a stranger on a grate, or a skylark, or a taper, flying ever upward and knowing of love's satiety. Our dreams beyond the Sun and into the expanse of Night doth sound a quiet hymn.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 9 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby 3times on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:16 pm

That's what I was afraid of.

I noticed that some places had time periods on them but I didn't know it included OOC posts. I probably will add it to the feedback just because it is slightly frustrating. Mainly because my Co-Gm has a slight OCD disorder and the ability not to have everything perfect drives her up the wall. That's the biggest problem here :p

The post with issue here was actually created on May 5th and editing wasn't attempted until today. Due to internet issues, we weren't able to allow characters in so only a few were added to the topic page. Now there is a spot that will never be able to be filled, and that is what is bothering us so much. So as far as time limits go, that's not completely unreasonable.

3times
Member for 7 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby VindicatedPurpose on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:16 pm

May 5th, so it's been about a month, I'm not exactly sure what the time period was, perhaps maybe 3 weeks to 4.

Well, when it becomes an issue such as this, I think it sort of becomes unreasonable. Mods already have the ability to lock topics and prevent anyone from tampering with them. So I'm not really sure what the reasoning behind the time periods were.

I'm hoping that they'll change this, but we'll have to see.

VindicatedPurpose
Member for 9 years
Contributor Promethean Author Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Greeter Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!