Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! » Long term partner to play an older male wanted »

Educational, yet epic songs.

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

The general community forum — the Main Lobby is where announcements can be made, games can be played, and stories you can trade!

Educational, yet epic songs.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby JewelGlutton on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:36 pm

My friend recently showed me... a rather awesome song. About the Battle of Kursk. Right here.

So, anyone else know any epic educational songs?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

JewelGlutton
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Re: Educational, yet epic songs.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Absenthia on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:12 am

Well I don't know if this one is educational.. or epic... but it goes through my head everytime we review for exams in government.
We Didn't Start the Fire
It technically goes through how things changed from 1940 to 1980 politically and socially.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Absenthia
Ambassador
Ambassador
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Beta Tester Group Theory Greeter Tipworthy Salesman Person of Interest Property Buyer Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Giver

Re: Educational, yet epic songs.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:55 pm

My favorite educational song, that's just epic? Oh man, that one's easy. Al Stewart's Roads to Moscow. I remember when I started doing Soviet the same year I signed up for RPG, I was fishing through my dad's album collections when I found this, and found it on the album. Feel in love, great little (or, looking at it, not so little) song. Pretty accurate, helps illustrate how brutal the RKKA was during the war, especially in their treatment of former Soviet prisoners.

Nothing beats driving to this on the way to an event in the winter, with an overcast sky spreading out overhead.

But, also, in the line of really cool educational songs I know is Amon Amarth's Varyags of Miklgaard which, before hearing, I didn't know about the Varangian Guard -- a group of Baltic Vikings who, traveling south through Rus and the Ukraine, offered their services as mercenaries to the Byzantine empire, the last vestige of the Roman Empire. Not to mention the track just sounds badass.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!