Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Einhardt R&D--Enter the Fallen Angels

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Einhardt R&D--Enter the Fallen Angels

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:30 am

Gazing at the screen before her, Dice peered over her right shoulder after leaning back into her chair. Her hair fell short, just right below her ears and right above her shoulder in a midnight black.

Lain-Dice!

Lain yelled across the ship.

Lain-Dice! I think Kae got into something! What do I do?!

She jumped out of her chair at the sound of Lain's voice. In a near sprint, she ran into the corridors towards her voice.

Dice-Where are you!?! Phire, come out here!!

A short girl pulled at her obnoxiously bright pink hair that was swept into a high ponytail on her head. She leaned back in her metal chair and wiped grease off her hands onto her jean overalls. She punched a comlink to the medical office and heard shouting.

Phire-Whats a matter Dice?

The petite red-head ran towards the small toddler. Her eyes holding a note of terror as she snatched him up and started to respond back to her friend.

Lain-In the Hospital wing!

Phire-I'm all the way in the hangar! The kids fine - Lain's a medic isn’t she?

Lain-You mean medic who’s never treated toddlers before!!

Dice-Kae! Where are you!?

Her heart was pounding in her chest now as Dice rounded the corner towards the hospital wing. Phire sat up and stretched - one of her overall straps sliding off the bright pink sports bra she was wearing underneath.

Phire-I swear - that kid is more troublesome than his dad!

Slamming the keypad, the doors slid opened as Dice caught sight of Lain and Kae while huffing in her sleeveless black tank top and loose dark blue jeans.

Phire-If that is even possible!

Dice-I heard that!

Phire strolled down the hallway, entered and gave Dice a cocky grin.

Phire-Awwww, you know its true! Look the kid even looks like him! Just give him the hat and he'd probally BE him!

Dice-Lain, what's wrong with him!?

Dice gave a worried glance towards Lain, while listening to Phire.

Lain-No! That’s not pudding! That’s a lotion and it could be very bad if you swallowed it!!

Kae just looked up at her and grinned, his face and hands completely wiped free of the lotion

Lain-Nothing Dice! He just got into some lotion. I was worried he might swallow it but he's all clean now.

Phire suppressed her mirth and acted like an aunt should, or HER type of aunt anyway. Dice's back pressed up against the wall in a sigh of relief.

Phire-Hey - Kae - you bad child! Here have some candy!

Kae hopped off the patient's examining cot and waddled on over to Phire at the mention of "Candy."

Dice-You nearly gave me a heart attack, Lain!!

Lain watched as he walked away and sighed.

Lain-I'm sorry Dice. I'm just not sure what to do with kids. I was afraid he would hurt himself some how.

Phire picked him up and put him on her lap as she sat down on a nearby chair. But before she could hand him a lollipop, he had seized her hair and began chewing on it.

Phire-Waaaa!! What're you doing!??!? Get him off, GET HIM OFF!!

Lain supressed a fit of giggles at the sight that Phire had made. Dice pushed herself off of the wall and picked up her two year old child. Lain shook her head and turned around and began to walk away. Unfortunately she had a lot of patients to see and not a lot of time to do it in. It took a little more effort that intended to pry Kae away from Phire. Lain did her best not to laugh at the commotion in the background. Her little "nephew" was a handful alright, but he was everyone’s favorite. Lain came across her first patient of the day, Hojo Kevadara .

Lain-Whats the problem this time Mr. Kevadara?

Lain asked, her voice devoid of emotion. The past three years of being a medic had taught her two things. One, don't get too involved and two rarely take what your patients says seriously.

Patient-I broke my nose while fighting with the guys.

Replied the 6 foot 9 man in a deep British voice that would have every girl on the ship swooning for him. Well...almost. Huffing, Phire shook a finger at Kae,

Phire-That...that CHILD!!

But before she could finish Dice interrupted--

Dice-We all know how much you love him!

Lain interrupted Hojo long enough to shout back to the squabbling group--

Lain-She loves him like a million red M&M's

Dice put Kae down on the ground and took his hand, leading him back out of the Hospital Wing.

Dice-She suuuure does!!

At this moment a humph came out of Phire's mouth as she watched mother and son walk out.

Dice-I've gotta get back to the controls, Kae's coming with me!

Lain-Well Mr. Kevadara, It looks to me like you managed to- Ok Dice! Just make sure he stays out of the lotions! Anyway, you've managed to set your nose back in place so why are you here?

The small child happily waddled alongside Dice. Phire got up now and she turned to leave as well

Phire-Lain--I'm going back to the hangar to check on a few things!!

Patient-Just wanted to make sure I managed it right.

Lain-It looks-Ok Phire! Do you think you can take a look at my little 7WXZ5? It's acting up again!

Phire-I'm on it!!

Phire then disappeared back into the corridors. As Dice made her way toward the control room with Kae, she looked down at him with a bit of a smile to her lips. Kae looked back up at her and smiled back. Kae did look a lot like his father. Big green eyes, a mixture of dark and light brown hair, and about one-eighth his father's height at the moment. She couldn't help but wonder how it would've been like if his father had survived. He died in battle before she could tell him about their child.

After all of the hurt and pain that she went through when finding out from Kiyoshi that he was dead, she was ready to give up her first child. If Lori and Amberly hadn't stuck by her, she would have done just that. Lori and Amberly were there the entire time, after she returned to Sigma Phi, the girls took care of her, and were even there to deliver her child. And there he was, in his little sailor outfit, as cute as can be--and she wouldn't change that for the world.

Nurse-Doctor. are you alright?

A sweet feminine voice called from behind Lain. She turned around and smiled at the nurse who had addressed her.

Lain-Yes, yes I'm fine. Just tired. Are there anymore patients left?

Nurse-No ma'am. that was the last one.

Lain could have sighed in relief. Quickly she walked from the hospital wing and down the L hall to her room.

Intercom-We're 60 minutes from terminal point, 60 minutes from terminal point.

An announcement blared as Dice took the lift with Kae to the control room. Dice peered out of the glass windows of the lift and caught sight of the sun casting its rays on the side of the earth. The view was breath-taking as she picked up Kae into her arms.

Dice-Home sweet home.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Mia Siserae
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essentials on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:39 pm

The Deathscythe X, now with it's exterior modified to look like it's pilot's namesake, floated just outside Einhardt R&D's radar range. The mischievous grin grew across his face, just as a small window appeared on his right monitor. He had felt the mental pressure, or rather, the mental presence of his mission. The small window displayed a shuttle coming through the Earth's atmosphere.

Anubis - Ah, brother. You return to the place where our spirits cannot float free...

He narrows his eyes on the shuttle as he tips his fedora forward. He let out an unsympathetic sigh, bringing up his true target for this mission on the left screen. A ship was closing in on Einhardt, one that only he, at this moment knew who was truly inside. It was all because of his gracious father, his gracious powerful father, and because it was his will, he would execute his orders. Perfectly.

Anubis - Tell me Kiyoshi...do you feel me now...I know you do. Just like before, my dear older brother. If you only knew what dastardly plans we have for you.

The Deathscythe X, now with the head of Anubis, spread it's wings on it's back as it's eyes began to burn a fiery red.

Anubis - Soon you will learn that you can never cut your strings...Kiyoshi.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Essentials
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:01 pm

The shuttle was red as it flew through the atmosphere, but Kiyoshi did not awaken from his short nap because of the rough flight. No, he was used to this; it was second nature to him. His eyes narrowed as he peered down at the console in front of his seat. He had made sure to sit behind the radar to watch for any kind of enemy threat, but he couldn't see one, and it was obvious to him why. The pressure he felt on his mind was the only clue he really needed. All that was heard was a click of him releasing the straps of his safety harness as he moved to the back of the cockpit. Akemi and Chikaka turned to look, but Mariko continued to monitor the comm. traffic.

Chikaka - Where is Ethan going!?

Ethan stopped before going through the door.

Ethan - I'm going to go prepare the Epsilon for launch.

Akemi - There's nothing on the radar...

Ethan - Are you sure?

Akemi looked confused as she peered over at the console where Ethan had been sitting. She confirmed for herself again that nothing was on the radar, and looked back at Ethan again.

Akemi - We would have been alerted by now.

Ethan - The enemy stole a stealth use Gundam class mobile suit. He's staying just outside of Einhardt's radar for some reason, but even if he was inside the area they could scan...it wouldn't matter. He could slip on through easilly.

Akemi - Then...how do you know he's out there.

Ethan turned back to look towards the door he was about to Exit. Akemi didn't need to know about how he could feel the presence of others like him. It would probably seem like nonsense to her anyway.

Ethan - When I launch, avoid the battle. I don't need you getting in the way.

Akemi - Lieutenant!

Mariko smirked slightly as she turned her head to look at Akemi.

Mariko - We're in a shuttle which is defenseless other than Lieutenant Teir's mobile suit. We would be jeopardizing our lives if we went into a battle zone. So whatever complaint you want to try and make...it is moot.

With that, Ethan walked out of the cockpit and headed to the Epsilon.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amberly on Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:56 pm

Intercom-We're 60 minutes from terminal point, 60 minutes from terminal point.

Lain looked up to the speaker installed on the roof of her room. Only 60 minutes? She thought. Lain sighed as she slipped out of her slacks and put on a pair of jean shorts. After she had finished chaning into a pink tanktop, she walked out of her amazingly messy room and headed towards the control room.

Along the way she thought about how she had gotten here. After she first regained her fisrt memory, back when she was commonly know as Amberly, she had quite trying to find out about her past. Then Mia had come back to Sigma Phi-Pregnant and the father dead. Lain hadn't know the father, but she wished she could have met him before he died. If she had, it might have been a little bit easier to comfort Mia.

Then they went out to space on the ship known as Einhardt. They themselves became The Fallen Angels. Amberly as Porcelain (Lain for short), Lori as Sapphire (Phire) and Mia as Dice (Eurydice).

The young doctor sighed as she continued to make her way to the control deck. She thought about the people she treated, and he heart sank. It wasn't that she didn't like bing a doctor, infact she loved it. it was just that over the course of three years (after her gradutaion) she had grown more cynical. From her patients she had learned two things:
1) Never get to involved with your patients
2) Avoid them after hours at all cost, because then they will bug you forever about what their "Condition".

Yes. She was definatly more cynical. Kae. She had helped deliver him. He had been, and is, such a happy child. He had been a beautiful newborn. If it was Maberly's guess, she would bet that he was the thing that had really helped her to heal, and in a way he had helped her to heal to. After all she was his "Aunt", and what kind of aunt would she have been if she was chasing around her past? What kind of doctor would she be if she was chasing around her past? And even with all that...why did she still feel so empty inside?

Lain finally reached the control deck and opened the heavy door. She smiled at the sight before.

Dice peered out of the glass windows of the lift and caught sight of the sun casting its rays on the side of the earth. The view was breath-taking as she picked up Kae into her arms.

Lain almost had to choke back as sob at Dice's next words.

Dice- home sweet home

Amberly
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essentials on Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:34 pm

OOC: Einhardt is the base your going to, just so you know.

IC:

The DSX faded from sight as it ignited it's thrusters and flew towards the ship closing in on Einhardt Base 03. Anubis smirked in his cockpit as the target reticule locked onto the enemy vessel.

Anubis - And like death, they will not see me coming; I will strike quickly, but leave great suffering.

Anubis broke out into maniacal laughter. He turned his head to look at the shuttle behind him, now coming through the clouds.

Anubis - Chase me brother! Chase me! It is Father's will that I lead you to him this way!

Anubis then began to laugh as he looked forward. His eyes were tiny slits of anger as the active cloak of the DSX disappeared right in front of the bridge of the ship. He aimed the Buster Gun on the right wrist directly at it. The nostrils of the dog like head that had replaced the DSX's Gundam style head, had extra vents where it's nostrils were, and it let out a strong puff of smoke, the eyes still glowing with the flames of hell. Anubis flipped a switch in the cockpit, opening up a channel with the ship.

Anubis - I am Anubis! I take pleasure in ending all of your lives today!

Essentials
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:51 pm

Ethan sat in the cockpit of the Epsilon with his arms crossed and eyes closed. His near ever present sunglasses were still on. He had begun wearing them more again as he felt old feelings return. Then, suddenly, he felt the familiar pressure and his eyes opened, his hands reached out grabbing the controls.

Ethan - Lieutenant Ethan Teir, Gundam Epsilon, launching!

The shuttle rear doors opened and just as the locking clamps released the mobile suit, Ethan ignited the verniers flying out at top speed, then pulling it around flying down below the cockpit of the shuttle. Inside, Akemi looked over at it.

Akemi - Lieutenant...where are you going?

The Epsilon flew low throwing up sand and dust from the ground because of the powerful thrusters mounted on the Gundam's flight pack. He didn't have a second to waste. The sun reflected off his sunglasses. If he wasn't so focused at the moment he probably would have thought about how at least for once it was appropriate for him to be wearing his shades. A ship came into view as he pulled the Gundam up into the air.

Ethan guessed that the enemy had to be targeting that ship, since he could feel him getting closer. Then the voice crackled over the comm. link.

Anubis - I am Anubis! I take pleasure in ending all of your lives today.

Drawing the Epsilon's beam saber with the right hand, the blade ignited tearing through the sand particles that were in the air.

Ethan - I don't think so!

Ethan roared as the Epsilon flew at the DSX. The left arm was brought up, holding the shield forward as the two Gundam's clashed in the air, knocking off the DSX's aim as the Buster Gun shot fired just above the ship. The DSX flew back, drawing it's double-twin sided beam scythe and spun it in the air igniting the blades. Ethan continued to hold the shield up, with the beam saber in the right hand held back behind him floating in front of the ship's bridge. The blue exterior shining in the sun.

Ethan - This is Lieutenant Ethan Teir of the Advent Emblem. I advise the crew on this ship to escape from this area at once. The enemy using this modified Deathscythe X is a possible Super Soldier threat. Take shelter at the near by Einhardt Base.

Anubis - But Brother! That's no fun!

Ethan heard Anubis laugh as it flew in at him firing the Anubis's vulcan cannons. The bullets slammed into the shield at the range they were in, Ethan just seemingly shrugged it off. Bringing the shield down, Ethan stabbed forward with the beam saber, the energy blade just missing the DSX's shoulder.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Back to the Grindstone

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:03 pm

Phire stretched her arms behind her back as she slowly walked back to the hangar - her new little haven. She had defiantly grown during the years - and even her maturity level had risen. Maybe it was because of devoting herself to her real passion: being a mechanic, and actually being able to work just like she had watched her father do so many times before. Or maybe it was because she had helped Mia - or Dice now, get over the trauma of Kaden's death and help raise Kae. Well, either way - she refused to let go of a couple things, such as: Her pink hair-do (now long past her shoulders), her optimism/randomness, her useless sense of direction, and her love of Hot Galactic Cheetos. Her friends insisted that her new alias "Sapphire" came from her eye color, but she knew that "Phire" was because of her toting around that bag of Hell-hott cheetos.

Boy: “Phire! We've been looking for you!"

Phire turned around to see her "brother" Kyo with one of the many girls that worked for them on the Crystaline. The Crystaline was supposedly an all-girl ship, but her adopted brother didn’t count. For one he was the chef - and he was essential to her not starving, and another was that he was such a pretty boy it didn’t matter. Even though it was obvious that Kyo didn’t like girls, all of them on the ship still found any excuse they could to follow him around. Perhaps it was his charm and eye for awesome fashion - or maybe it was just because he was plain cute - either way - Phire didn’t know or care.

“Hey Kyo-chan, how’s it going Nana-san? Whatcha need me for?”

Kyo brandished a bowl of what looked like a mass of red chili pepper soup under her nose and the smell made her eyes water, with fear or with excitement she couldn’t tell.

Kyo: “Nana and I made this new soup recipe ourselves! We want to know if its too spicy for people to eat - and you’re the perfect guinea pig!”

Phire rolled her eyes at him and to gasps from both Nana and Kyo she grabbed the offered bowl and drank it all in one massive gulp (or several slurps from whatever point of view you choose.) The two chefs stood there expectantly awaiting the appraisal of their dish. Phire wiped a couple tears from one eye.

Great guys! Really great! You should go over to both Lain and Dice and get them to try it! Now - excuse me please - I have to go fix something.
As soon as both chefs walked happily out of site - Phire let the tears flood down her cheeks - and she didn’t run, she FLED to the hangar - grabbing a carton of milk desperately out of her mini-fridge and draining it.

MY GOD that was hott! I thought I was going to spontaneously combust!

Although in immense pain, she managed to laugh at the joke she had played on the two chefs.

HA - now Lain and Dice have to eat it too! I am such a horrible person.
She went into her room, which was connected to the hangar part of the ship and grabbed a wet cloth to wipe the tears off her face. She cleaned her burning eyes and looked into the mirror. She had a sudden flashback of her younger self with short hair and not a care in the world smile. She felt a sudden loss of self as she stared at her reflection - and this time tears of regret ran down her cheeks.

What the hell is the matter with me.

You’ve grown up, her reflection told her.

I didn’t want to.

You didn’t want a lot of things, the younger version of herself chided.

Like getting my dream job?

No, having people you love die, whispered the ugly thread in the back of her mind.

Death. How she loathed that word. She would probably go insane if anything happened to Lain, Dice or Kae. Cold water dripped on her toes. She had left the sink water running too long and it had gone over the edge - spilling onto the clean floor. Phire turned off the water and stuck her face into the cold, cold water of the sink. She wiped her face with a clean towel and began to re-apply her make-up. She was an adult now. She could - AND WOULD deal with this.
Last edited by Lori Sakura on Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essentials on Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:32 pm

Anubis couldn't help but feel sorry for his brother. He didn't know how well he was playing into the plans of his father. "You wouldn't join us freely, but that doesn't mean you won't do our bidding," he thought as he began to laugh once more. Pulling the Scythe upward, he knew Kiyoshi would block with the shield. The two Gundanium surfaces hit as the two Gundam's looked each other in the eye.

Anubis - You seem to be returning to your true self, brother! Tell me do you feel it now! The calling!? Why don't we stop this silly sibling rivalry, and show this audience what your truly capable of!

Ethan appeared in a comm. link window in Anubis's cockpit. Anubis scoffed at the man wearing sunglasses before him.

Anubis - Hiding away the cold eyes of a murder, a killer...why don't you just embrace what you are!

Anubis brought his left arm up to hold back the Epsilon's right arm with the beam saber.

Ethan - Why are you targeting this ship!?

Anubis - Because big brother.

Ethan - That's not an answer!

Anubis - Maybe I wanted to continue our little reunion and I knew you'd come? Father tells me you're not the type for family gatherings.

The Epsilon brought it's legs up and kicked the DSX back, causing Anubis to be tossed around in his cockpit, but he quickly recovered and chased after the Epsilon as it flew back. He began to laugh again, coldly, bringing the scythe back.

Anubis - You are good...trying to lead me away from my target. Ask yourself Kiyoshi....ask yourself...why would I go after a simple ship coming into Einhardt, and if I wanted to destroy it...why did I wait for you!?

Anubis swung the scythe at the Epsilon, it's long reach giving it the range it needed. The Epsilon brought up it's shield just as the blade buried itself into it.

Essentials
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mia Siserae on Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:45 am

The door to the lift on the ship Crystalyne X opened after it came to the stop right before the floor to main controls. Dice glanced back to see Lain pacing in, and she gave her a heartfelt smile. When Kae spotted her, he innocently waved. Her glance shifted back to the window as the door closed behind Lain and the lift came to life again.

Dice-
It's been years since we've been back. This'll be Kae's second time on Earth, but it's a shame we couldn't stay too long after he was born.

At the sound of his name, Kae looked up at her questioningly. His long light-brown hair brushed the top of his eyes as he blinked in curiosity. His eyes were a deep mischievious green. Oh how she loved that little devil.

Mia Siserae was the name she left behind three years ago. It was then that she took on the name Dice, derived from Eurydice. In ancient Greek mythology, Eurydice was the lover of Orpheus. As the story goes, she suffered an early death, and he journeyed to the underworld and challenged and questioned the god of death himself, Hades. Hades agreed to let Orpheus take Eurydice back up to Earth, but he could only have her back on one condition--that on the journey back up, he was not too look back at her. And so, the lovers were making their long journey back up, leaving the underworld behind them when they finally reached the exit. Orpheus then looked back, pulling her away from the entrance, he was but a moment too fast and she was swept back into the underworld. Before she was completely gone, she whispered to him her final words.

Eurydice-
I love you.

Much similar to the story, Mia had her love taken away far too early.

The doors of the lift slid open one last time as she turned to exit, Kae treading behind her. Before she even got to the main control room, units were already calling out to her.

Control Unit-
We have a message from--

Detecting Unit-An unknown Gundam that is engaged in battle with another Gundam, which we were able to identify as the modified Deathscythe X.

Her eyes widened in shock as her past came flying back to her.

Dice-
Lain, take Kae out of here. Playback the message! Do a system scan on that Deathscythe and get Phire in here to verify it! I want cameras zeroed in on those Gundams!

The Control Unit pulled up on a holographic screen the information on the message. Time, location, and other various stats showed up on the screen as the audio message was played back. The message was severely static as the messenger was clearly in the heat of battle. As the message played, holographic monitors flashed the Deathscythe X and the unknown Gundam on the screen. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw the Gundam that she hauntingly remembered fly across the screen.

Ethan-
This is Lieutenant Ethan Teir of the Advent Emblem. I advise the crew on this ship to escape from this area at once. The enemy using this modified Deathscythe X is a possible Super Soldier threat. Take shelter at the near by Einhardt Base.

His voice was familiar.

Dice-
Someone do a background check on this Ethan Teir and the Advent Emblem! We're docking at Einhardt anyway, so continue on course. Stay clear of their path.

The Crystalyne X was completely defenseless against a Gundam. The whole point of going to Einhardt in the first place was to find a means of defense if there was a situation in which they had to protect themselves. Her heart was beating inside her chest as she called out to her crew members once again.

Dice-
How far are we from terminal point!?

Control Unit-Fifteen minutes.

She could only hope that everything would be alright until then.

Before Lain could get a hold of him, Kae was already out of sight. He had a knack for escaping. The small child was now pacing down the corridors, his wide eyes full of curiosity as he was walking past several rooms. One room in particular caught his eye, though, amidst all the chaos that was going on in the ship.

The room had an }{G emblem on it, but was clearly sealed off. That couldn't stop Kae though. Even at the age of two, the small child was notorious for getting into anything he wanted. Kae approached the door to the room, and his fingertips can only brush the bottom of the keypad. Pondering a moment, Kae looked around and spotted a box that was sitting in front of someone's door full of junk. Waddling on over, he grasped onto the edge of the box and pushed it towards the keypad.

Until he got it just right below it, he climbed on top of the box and was a level higher as he intended. He tugged on his shirt, revealing a necklace that he pulled out. At the end if it was an oddly shaped piece of metal that he knowingly shoved just right below the keypad. At that instant, he only had to press a few buttons until the keypad started sparking. With that he swiftly jumped off the box, landing in a roll onto the ground as the keypad burst into flames. He had an accomplished grin about his face as the door then cracked open. He had a natural talent, and no one on the ship could ever figure out how he ever acquired it.

Old dust seemed to seep out of the door as Kae got up and made his way toward it. He nudged the door open with his little hand and peered around the dark room. A dim light turned on up above as he walked in. There was a bed, neatly made off to the side, but what really caught his eye, right on the nightstand, was an old and dusty black cowboy hat.

Mia Siserae
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:07 pm

Akemi easily brought the shuttle down towards Einhardt’s airstrip. The tire’s squealed as the craft touched down, and Gun-Marine’s being deployed from the hangars surrounded the shuttle. She was glad to see that Einhardt’s defensive strategy had improved since the last attack, but her eyes, like many others, were focused on the two shining objects in the sky.

Ethan knew his shield wouldn’t last much longer. The first, and largest blade of the dual-twin beam scythe, had buried itself into it, and Ethan could hear the crackling and sizzling of it melting through his defense. The question’s Anubis had brought up, were good ones, but ones Ethan had already asked himself. He was still more concerned with who was he referring to as “Father”. Just then the shield gave out, and he only had seconds to pull the Epsilon back, dodging the beam blade that came just inches away from the cockpit.

Back at Einhardt, Akemi, Chikaka, and Mariko exited the shuttle, just as Dr. Lanyon came out to greet them.

Dr. Lanyon – I’m glad to see you ladies returned safely to Earth, but I did not think it would be this soon.

Mariko – Neither did we.

Chikaka – Shouldn’t the Gun-Marine’s be sent to support Ethan!

Dr. Lanyon – There is a ship that will be landing here soon. We are limited on pilots and I fear that if we deploy our Gun-Marine’s away from the base that we might endanger ourselves more than defending ourselves. Once the ship has landed, the Gun-Marine’s will then go and help Lieutenant Teir engage the enemy.

Akemi turned her head to look up into the sky, which filled with a bright flash, and then a beam streaked across the sky, tearing holes through clouds as it went on it’s path. She knew it was from one of the wrist mounted buster guns on the DSX. It would have looked like some impressive aerial light show, but all those there knew that it was much more.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essentials on Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:44 pm

Anubis forced the beam scythe all the way through, and let the slash follow through, but was a bit disappointed in himself that the Epsilon managed to dodge the attack. Gripping the scythe tightly, he brought the other edge of the weapon up across, but again the attack was futile. It was good to feel the challenge that his brother presented to him.

Letting go of the scythe with his left hand, he raised it, taking aim, the E-Shell in the Buster Gun powered up, ready to discharge the shot right into the chest of his brother’s Gundam.

Anubis – You’re such a pain brother!

Anubis fired, but the Epsilon dove down under the blast. Anubis gritted his teeth as he watched the Epsilon draw it’s beam rifle, and beginning to open fire. It wasn’t that the shots were hard to dodge, though they did come close to hitting his precious mobile suit that annoyed him. It wasn’t that at this moment he wasn’t allowed to actually try and kill his brother, either. It was that even if he was ordered to kill him, he didn’t know if he would be able to. However, this thought quickly turned to a gleeful laugh. Anubis knew that if that was true for his dear brother Kiyoshi, then it is the same for him.

Swerving in and out of the passing blasts coming from the Epsilon’s beam rifle, Anubis discharged the two empty shells in the Buster Gun’s and replaced them with fresh one from the storage compartment on the hips.

Anubis – Four shots left, my dear brother, Kiyoshi! Oh what damage I can do with those!

Again Anubis broke out in laughter that crackled over any comm. Channel that someone might be listening in on.

Essentials
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Amberly on Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:09 pm

Detecting Unit-An unknown Gundam that is engaged in battle with another Gundam, which we were able to identify as the modified Deathscythe X.

What? A Gundam battle?!? Lain thought. Sudden fear gripped her heart, and panic flaired sending irregular thoughts to her head. I can't die! I'm the only effing medic on this ship! she thought. so caught in her own thoughts was she, that she almost missed it when Dice asked her take Kae away.

But, by the time Lain had turned away, Kae, the little trickster, had already dissapeared. Holy tamalleys I'm in trouble. She though. What should I do...oh my God, what should I do. Lain looked up at Dice, and noticed the state of bussiness, and probably slight fear, she was in. she couldn't tel dice now. The only thing left for her to do was the find Kae herself.

Lain slipped from the control room and out into the hall. Now the questions was where was she to start? At the end of the hall was a split, she could either go left or right. If I was Kae, where which way would I go? Lain stood there for awhile, starting to feel very much like her name's sake. She was named Porcelian, after all, because her emotions and her state of being were very fragile. And it didn't help much that she was as pale as a ghost.

Lain- Screw this. Lain said under her breath. I'm going right.

Lain turned right and started to walk along the hallway. Scanning the rooms. Perhaps she should knock on a few doors and ask if anyone had seen him? No....it was dinner time, everyone would be in the cafeteria....or the control room if Dice had called them. Great, Lain thought, I'm completly on my own. I can't even call Phire, she's headed to the control room.

An open door to her left caught her attention and her eyes widened. There was a box pushed up to the keypad. The keypad itself was completely blown out, which could only mean one thing. Kae. Kae that little devil had gotten into the room. Oh she loved him but sometimes his...hobby, soe would say, could drive her insane. But again another irrational thought went though her head. Please anything but that room Kae. I'm going to look in there and your not going to bein there because I'm an adult and I said so!

Lain peeked around the cornor and saw Kae, and saw him looking at an dusty cowboy hat on the nightstand.

Amberly
Member for 13 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:27 pm

The Epsilon fired shot after shot up at the DSX, but Ethan knew it was near pointless. An attack this simple was too easy to dodge, when the pilot he was fighting against had the same reaction time as himself. Smoke expelled from the vents on the DSX’s buster guns as the new E-Shells were being charged. Ethan could almost feel Anubis’s sneer inside his cockpit. The DSX brought its arms forward, locking onto the Epsilon, Ethan knew he had to think of something quick before either Einhardt, that ship, or he himself, was destroyed.

Letting out another yell, Ethan slammed his feet down on the pedals; the vernier’s igniting to life as he flew at top speed at the DSX. In a blur, DSX barely brought it’s hands up to protect itself, then turned to target the Epsilon again, but only saw the Flight Pack arching off in the sky. Anubis looked confused, wondering where the rest of the Epsilon had gone.

Ethan –
Hey, Anubis! Up here!

Anubis looked up just as the Epsilon came down, slashing through the right arm of the DSX as it continued it’s decent towards the ground below. The muscles in Ethan’s arms went tight as he had to force the Epsilon to turn around, then fired three shots from the beam rifle, each shot making their mark on the DSX.

The Epsilon continued to fall, faster and faster towards the sandy desert. Akemi stood on the runway, holding her hand over her eyes, trying to shield them from the sun, and trying to make out which Gundam was plummeting to the Earth. She let out a gasp of fear as she saw the blue armor shimmer in the sunlight.

Inside the cockpit Ethan closed his eyes. He didn’t fear his own death, his only reason to live was long lost, and he was sure there could be others that could stop any other Super Soldiers, but to him…letting himself crash into the ground would be like running away from his own destiny, and that was something he couldn’t do.

At the last second, Ethan opened his eyes, engaged the vernier array on the Epsilon, and the Flight Pack came back around and docked to the back of the mobile suit, firing it back up towards the DSX.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essentials on Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:37 am

Sparks flew from the right arm of the DSX; Anubis watched as the Epsilon free falled towards the Earth with clenched teeth. Drawing the Dual-Twin Beam scythe, with the left hand, Anubis fired the Variable Thrusters and vernier thrusters. Then seeing the Flight Pack joined again with the Epsilon, and launched the enemy back towards him, Anubis erupted in laughter.

Anubis – You still have fight in you, brother!

The DSX pulled the scythe all the way back; the Epsilon pulled its beam saber back as well. The two pilots roared like fierce beasts as they pushed their Gundams to their max limit. For them it was as if time slowed down to a near stop, both focused on the same goal. Anubis no longer cared what his orders were, at this moment he had lost the guidance of his Father, and now all he wanted was to prove that he was better than his elder brother in all aspects.

He swung the scythe with all the force that the DSX could still manage, the glowing green blades, cutting through the air before burying themselves into the shoulder of the Epsilon. Veins popped out of Anubis’s arm as he struggled to pull the weapon all the way through the Epsilon. Without the extra strength of the right arm, it was near impossible, yet he continued to try, knowing the longer the blades stayed buried into the enemy, the weaker it’s structure would become.

Essentials
Member for 13 years

moohaha

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:04 pm

Phire wiped a bit of sweat off of her cheek that was attempting to roll down into her low pink ponytail. She was completly oblivous to the turmoil that was going on inside and outside of the ship and had just finished repairing Lain's coy housekeeping droid 7WXZ5 - although Phire herself called it Wex. She patted Wex affectionatly - ignoring the series of angry beeps that refered to the horrible chaotic state of Lain's room and how it just REFUSED to clean it no matter what it's programming was. Phire rose to her feet and stretched before plugging Wex into a wall to recharge and get some much needed down time.

I wonder what goin on up there. I think I'll go see if Dice-chan wants to go eat with me or something.

Phire wiped her face with a clean cloth - checked herself in the mirror and took off to the main deck where Dice probally was. It was chow time for her. As she walked up the long corridors she wondered if they had ever gotten to taste the "totally awesome suop" concoction of her brothers

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:19 pm

Everyone on the ground saw the flash of light from the slash; Akemi turned to Dr. Lanyon.

Akemi - This can't go on any longer! You have to deploy our forces to support Lieutenant Teir.

Lanyan closed his eyes, turning his head away. He took in this moment to think. All was quiet, other than a faint sizzling sound in the distance, that he could only assume was from the two Gundams waging war in the heavens.

Dr. Lanyan - From what we've seen from this distance, a beam rifle attack is near useless, though...the enemy is preoccupied, but I believe we will need something more...

Reaching into his pocket, Lanyan removed a small comm. link device.

Lanyan - This is Lanyan, is the Gun-Ace equipped with the H-O Rifle ready?

Mariko - They're going to use the High-Output Beam rifle?

Lanyan smiled slightly.

Lanyan - Yes, when you left it was still in it's early testing stages, but...now, well obviously that's a different story, isn't it?

Lanyan - Have the Gun-Ace target the enemy Deathscythe X. Disable it if possible. That Gundam was supposed to be ours in the first place.

Akemi turned to look behind her, as she heard the familiar sound of hangar doors opening. A Gun-Ace, painted in the standard mass-production dark grey and white color, walked out carrying the large beam rifle for sniper operations. She thought that the Gun-Ace looked better in Ethan's custom blue color, but realized if all of the Gun-Ace suits were painted in that scheme it wouldn't keep Ethan's as special.

The Gun-Ace pilot shouldered the rifle, aiming up towards the sky. The visor on the head flipped down over the main camera, and synced up with the large targeting scope mounted on the rifle. This allowed the pilot to zoom in directly on the battle. He could see that both the Deathscythe X and Epsilon were damaged, and the Epsilon was now in risk of being cut through with the DSX's main weapon. Once he was sure of his aim, he pulled the trigger, and a thin, but bright discharge expelled from the long barrel of the High-Output Beam Rifle.

-

The Epsilon's systems were beginning to fail. It seemed that since this was still a prototype unit, that there were still many bugs to work out. Suddenly, the controls began to spark, and a section of one of the panels burst open and buried itself into Ethan's side. Ethan winced in pain, as he tried and tried to pull himself off of the dual-twin beam scythe's blades. He knew he didn't have long before it would cut through the shoulder, and then had a chance to possibly cut into the cockpit, but he didn't have to worry long.

The bright flash shot through the DSX's elbow joint. Ethan smirked, realizing quickly that only thing that could produce a shot like that was Einhardt's High-Output Beam Rifle. Ethan managed to get his left arm to reach up and pull the scythe out and drop it to the ground. With movement systems, and flight systems cutting in and out, he was glad to see that the DSX couldn't put up much more of a fight either.

Ethan - Looks like you lost, Anubis...

The Anubis backed itself away from the Epsilon.

Anubis - It's not over brother!

The dark red eyes flashed, before the Epsilon took off towards the sky. Ethan let out a sigh of relief, then again winced in pain. Ethan brought his hand to his left side, blood stained his Advent Emblem uniform. Cursing under his breath, he tried to remove the shard of metal, but it was buried too deep, and because of the mental exhaustion from being around Anubis, he was too weak. Turning his head to the left monitor, he saw the ship that Anubis was targeting. Carefully, he maneuvered the controls of the Epsilon, fearing that any second all systems would fail and he would plummet to the earth this time.

Ethan flipped a switch opening up a comm. link with the ship as he approached. This time, instead of a simple audio comm. signal, it was a full visual one. Ethan's blue hair was sticking to his forehead because of sweat. He breathed heavily, but his sunglasses hid the weakness in his cold green eyes.

Ethan -
This is Lieutenant Ethan Teir, my mobile suit has been badly damage, since your en route to Einhardt anyway, I ask for permission to land on your ship for transport.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Sunglasses

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:04 pm

Sapphire scratched the itch on her shoulder and fixed her ponytail before entering the control room. She entered to see Eurydice's back to her- facing the giant holographic screen. A visual message was appearing on screen.

Pilot - This is Lieutenant Ethan Teir, my mobile suit has been badly damaged, since your en route to Einhardt anyway, I ask for permission to land on your ship for transport.

Phire: Holy SHIT!

Dice: Isnt that...?!

Normally, such a reaction would not have come from getting a request from a gundam pilot to board, but this particular guy had on a particular pair of very familar sunglasses.

Dice in a skeptical yet worried tone calls out to Phire.

Dice: Phire! Get him in here! Get Lain here too, he's going to need a medic! And approach with caution- we're going to have to have this one in for a BIT of interrogation.

Phire stared at the screen for a couple more shocked moments and ran out of the room at top speed (for wearing overalls and a sports bra.)

With a nod to Phire, Dice then pulled up some stats on the screen before them, readying the Crystalyne X for the incoming Gundam.

Phire ran down the hallway in a complete whirlwind, with three of her subordinates following close behind.

Phire: Ally! You and Stephy go to the hangar bay and help out there! Whitney! I want you to go back into the control room and assist the Captin in whatever she tells you to do - and if you see my brother - tell him to make more of that spicy soup for me! I'm going to need more fuel.
Kae's little hands grasped onto the cowboy hat and sized the old dusty accesory. Upon tugging it free, the lamp on the nightstand toppled over.

Phire took out her palm-com and quickly sent Porcelain a message to get to the hanger bay ASAP for a medical emergency. As she slipped and slidded around corners, her mental process was so:

Sapphire's mental process using A, B story format:

A makes B a pair of sunglasses. A gives B these sunglasses. B goes out and gets killed in random gundam fight. A later finds person C with B's sunglasses.
Logical conclusions:
1. Somehow an exact replica of these sunglasses ended up with C <---- unlikely
2. C really is B <--- highly unlikely
3. C stole sunglasses off of B's dead body <--- most likely

Last edited by Lori Sakura on Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:21 pm

Ethan winced in pain again, the metal shard sending wave after wave up to his brain, reminding him that it was buried in his side. Finally, he saw hatch doors on the ship opening, and with a few manuever's the Epsilon made it's way towards it.

Ethan -
Just...a..little...closer.

The vernier's on the flight pack decided to cut out just at that moment. Ethan gritted his teeth and pulled back, the Epsilon's feet touching down, forcing the Gundam to lurch forward. This shook Ethan very violently in the cockpit, but he let out a sigh of relief, after a moan of pain, as the Gundam came to rest on all fours.

Weakly, Ethan brought his right hand up to open the cockpit hatch, then with a single twist of his left hand, released the safety harness, causing him to fall the floor below with a painful thump. Blood splattered on the ground, and Ethan moaned out in pain again.

Ethan -
That was smart...

Ethan's left hand went to the metal shard in his side, still dripping blood. He looked up, his sunglasses had been knocked almost off his head and were hanging from one ear, as he looked around the room.

Ethan -
Standard MS hangar...not surprising...wonder who I get to thank for saving me.

His cold green eyes looked to what he guessed was the door this ships crew would be entering in and waited.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lori Sakura on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:02 pm

After taking a slight detour to the kitchen to grab some sustance and a towel (you never know when you might need a towel when hurt people come one board. Last time this one man came on board with his arm spurting blood everywhere from getting rammed into some cargo door. A towel would have been very helpful then.) She finally got to the hangar and was alarmed to see both Ally and Stephy rushing out in a panic.

Stephy: We have to get Dr. Porcelain!

Ally: There is blood EVERYWHERE! We need more towels!

Phire texted ASAP to Lain one more time and ran in to where the pilot lay motionless on the ground. Her old medical training started to kick in and she surveyed the scene as she knelt by the pilot. She checked his pulse and saw the metal shard embedded in his side. She gave a hiss of sympathy - despite the fact she had already established that she DID NOT like this man called Ethan Teir. She replaced his hand with her own - the one holding the towel and tried to stop as much of the flow of blood as possible. She saw the glasses hanging off of his ear and knew she had been right. They were her's.

Phire: My name is Sapphire, I have a basic medical training and our real medic should be on her way very soon.

Phire carefully removed the sunglasses from his face with her free hand and placed her hand under his neck so she could lay his head on her lap and almost dropped him from shock.

Phire: KIYOSHI?!?!?!

Lori Sakura
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:48 pm

Hearing his old name he looks up, Ethan's eyes going wide.

Ethan - I must have lost more blood than I thought...I'm hallucinating...

Sapphire laid his head gently on her lap - staring in shock at his face: mainly his eyes.

Phire - Oh My God! This is a dream! Or some kinda strange after effect of that stupid soup my bloody brother made! THAT'S IT! I swear - i am NEVER eating his food again (disregarding the fact she just did a couple of minutes ago).

Ethan began to think "I can't be hallucinating...sure I might see something that's not there...but she called me Kiyoshi" then weakly he began to speak.

Ethan - Lori...?

What? Lori? No ones called me Lori (except my dad) for YEARS! Phire's mental process went overboard.

Phire - Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God! WHAT THE HELL?! Kiyoshi? If this is really you I am gonna kill you! I thought you were DEAD!

He felt himself growing weaker from the blood loss, as he closed his eyes. Slowly he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Ethan - I've felt dead for a long time now. It's a long story, but...I was in a coma and when I came out I couldn't find you...and...and everyone thought I was dead...

This was not how she would ever have pictured seeing him again. The hugging - yes, the bleeding - no. Using her free arm, and still pressing firmly with her free hand to his bleeding wound, she wrapped her arm around his shoulders.

Phire - You can tell me after we stop the bleeding. I swear - its like talking to a ghost!

Phire grabbed her com and wired it to broadcast to the whole ship.

Phire - LAIN! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE RIGHT BLOODY NOW!

Ethan stayed there with his head in her lap. After all this time, by what seemed like chance, he had finally found her again. He smiled. All his worries seemed to fade away. He felt a comforting warm feeling of safety, and for him, that was all that mattered right now. A single tear slowly rolled down his cheek as he lost consciousness from the blood loss.

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years

Next

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.