Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

'Ello!

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

'Ello!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tink047 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:13 pm

Hello everyone! I'm Tink. I'm new, not just to this forum, but to RPG's in general. I've been role playing for about a year, but only seriously for about two months... which is like no time at all. I can't wait to jump in and learn from you all.

So, ahoy!
-Tink

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tink047
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: 'Ello!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Azmodai2 on Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:54 pm

Allow me to welcome you to RPGateway! It is good to see new faces gracing our humble community. If you have any questions please feel to ask any of the Admins, Mods or myself if you so desire.

If you wish to practice a bit before throwing yourself into one of our many excellent RP's feel free to visit the Role Playing Academy, we are always happy to have new students.

You may also want to take a look at our Growth section for ideas and tips.

As always, welcome and enjoy yourself!

~Azmodai2

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Azmodai2
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Faithy on Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:19 pm

Howdy! Welcome to ze Gateway of RolePlay. Enjoy yourself and make sure you ask if you need anything. =]
"...la manière vraie au coeur d'un homme est de six pouces de métal entre ses nervures"

The worst part is... I would still die... for you.

Faithy
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Contributor Beta Tester Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eymber on Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:24 pm

Welcome to the world of Roleplay! It's nice to have you around! Really quick I would like to give you a run-down about Roleplay...

1. It's fun!
2. It's Habit-forming!
3. It helps you express yourself in a positive way!
4. It allows you to expand your knowledge quickly and with a smile on your face rather than a teacher staring you down!
and last but not least
5. It helps you find a group of people that will care about you if you need an open ear!

Feel free to join our chat, another great way to both roleplay and gain friends. Myself, along with many of the forum administrators can be found there, sitting around chatting or roleplaying for most of the day. If we are not around, there are always other chatters to speak to. Don't be afraid to say something if you come in and no one is talking, that ususally means that we stopped chatting when everyone else left.. and we are simply waiting for someone to speak up! Can't wait to see you both on here and on the chat!
-=Eymber=-
...Arise and be all that you dream....

Eymber
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ralana on Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:02 am

Welcome to the site! I don't really have much to add cept if you have any questions free feel to ask any of the admins or key holders, including myself. Or anyone I suppose. We are actually pretty nice. Also, yeah the chat is a great way to get to know people...um don't know what else to say so like I said any questions or concerns feel free to ask. Welcome!
Ralana
STAR WARS

Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerous ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fortress...

[Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking]

Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing
American Physco

Patrick: I don't think we should see each other.

Evelyn: But your friends are my friends and my friends are your friends. I don't think it would work. You have a little something...

Patrick: I know that your friends are my friends and, uh... I thought about that. You can have'em.

Patrick: There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Ralana
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aelita on Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:56 pm

Hey there Tink! Welcome to RPGateway! ^_^

Aelita
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!