Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Empirica

Empirica: Questions or concerns

a part of “Empirica”, a fictional universe by The Soul one.

Make a civilization and wage war with others! Make your own species, or use a basis (humans, elves, ect...), make a culture, raise armies, massacre everyone!

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Empirica”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Empirica: Questions or concerns

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Augustus on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:10 pm

May I partake good sir?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Augustus
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FamishedPants on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:14 pm

Why yes, I do believe you can because this is an open role of the play! I do so excitedly expect to see an app from such a fine young lad such as yourself as soon as it's possible. But do take your time. Perfection isn't instant.

And Soul, do I not recognize that picture from another roleplay?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FamishedPants
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Periodic on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:40 pm

May I also partake, good sir?

Periodic
Member for 11 years
Conversation Starter Author Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:55 pm

All you gotta do is submit a character, I'm accepting everybody! (Except mean people.)

and famished, no, I don't know what you're talking about... ;)
I used to be nice... Then I got bored.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Augustus on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:03 pm

@Kronos
How did you highlight the map like that?

Augustus
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Augustus wrote:@Kronos
How did you highlight the map like that?

Carefully. The transparency and the map are on two different layers. I just drew an outline by hand on the top layer and filled that in. The transparency setting is about 150 of 255.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:34 pm

I thinks he wants a program or something...

The Soul one
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Periodic on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:52 pm

For some reason the other half of my character sheet had gotten a tinier size, while it was still the same size. /sobsob. I just hope you guys brought a magnifying glass with you.

Oh well. hashtagnoregrets.

Periodic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:03 pm

@Periodic wasn't a problem.

I did notice somethings that need some slight modifying...
For culture, you put christian, and that they perform rituals and pray to statues. Isn't that a catholic thing?
For trading, and the mine town, you put charcoal. Charcoal is burned wood. I suggest you change it to coal, as that is dug up from the ground.
Last thing: cannons are okay, but to a very limited extent. Like, four or six per ship. Just letting you know, so as not to overpower your navy.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:29 pm

The Soul one wrote:I thinks he wants a program or something...

Oh, I used Paint.Net! It's free. GIMP or Photoshop will do ya though. I really do need to re-install CS5...

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Periodic on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:13 pm

The Soul one wrote:@Periodic wasn't a problem.

I did notice somethings that need some slight modifying...
For culture, you put christian, and that they perform rituals and pray to statues. Isn't that a catholic thing?
For trading, and the mine town, you put charcoal. Charcoal is burned wood. I suggest you change it to coal, as that is dug up from the ground.
Last thing: cannons are okay, but to a very limited extent. Like, four or six per ship. Just letting you know, so as not to overpower your navy.

Oops. Sorry about those. I'll just add some note about the cannons, fix the culture to Catholic, unless it is necessary for me to completely change their culture, which I'm fine with doing, and I'll change it to coal.

Periodic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Alright. Approved.

By the way, guys... You can take more room if you guys want, otherwise there's going to be lots of empty wilderness, possibly even when I make my own nation. (Not too much land, but enough that connects nations more.)

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XxEvil1xX on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:13 pm

Hey I am rather interested in this. Is it too late to chime in?

XxEvil1xX
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Donated! Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:16 pm

come right on in and invite your friends! (its taking a little bit to start, not enough people are coming in. D:)

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:04 pm

Get this goin'.

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:11 pm

alright, starting first post now.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Soul one on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:31 pm

This is how things will work: we go by turns. each turn takes several weeks, with the first week or two actually taking place during the last person's turn. If someone isn't going to do anything special, they can simply post here telling the next person to go. As soon as conflict arises, we go to a more strategy feel. I'll set up a spot on places and a map of the location. each player in the conflict will identify where they'll be fighting from. Then each player will post their armies actions, then I'll modify the map as we go. this might seem painstaking, but I think I know a way to speed it up a little.

The Soul one
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Augustus on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:39 pm

I'm sorry guys!!! Things have been hectic! To be honest, I'm actually deployed and only get 1 day a week off. ^^' But I should have everything with my country done by tomorrow afternoon (my time, I'm in Kuwait.)

EDIT: Awesome!! The real estate I was looking at is still there. :3

Augustus
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TemplarWarden on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:50 am

Soul, I brought across my nation from the Civ rp, it hasn't been finished off since well I put too much detail in. Do you want me to change anything or finish it before you accept it?
The Spice Melange occurs on only one planet in the entire universe.
The Planet Arrakis, also known as Dune.
He who controls Arrakis, controls the Spice. He who controls the Spice, controls the universe.

Omnomnomnom

TemplarWarden
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Augustus on Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:40 am

Ok so.... Ive been trying to submit my nation. And I'm getting this SQL error for some URL thing. Anybody have any advice? In the mean time, I'm gonna PM the character to you Soul so we can at least get it approved. Hopefully the picture I edited of the map will go through. Sorry for the hassle.

Augustus
Member for 11 years
Author Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!