End Saga: Guildless

a topic in Clans, Guilds, and Organizations, a part of the RPG forum.

So you have an IC organization that you'd like to have a private discussion forum for? This is the place for such things.

End Saga: Guildless

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:47 am

Sup, everyone! Glad I could have you all here. Like I said, I wanted this Rp to be a collaboration so I made a syllabus of things for us to discuss before starting the RP. So, Just throw in any opinions or ideas you might have.

1. Mode of communication.
    2. RP Story Plot
    3. Time Skips
    4. Systems-Should we have a leveling system? etc.
    5. World/Map
    6. Character classes/ sub classes/jobs
    7. Miscellaneous ideas
    8. Rules
Last edited by CherrySwirl on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CherrySwirl
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: End Saga: Guildless

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:01 am

Firstly, I wanted to discuss ways we can contact each other outside of Roleplaygateway. Simply because time will go by and we will go about our daily lives and become so busy that we forget that this RP ever existed. I dont want that to happen. SO, what I'm proposing that we create a mode of communication outside of this website.

I'm thinking of either making a facebook group or perhaps adding each other on skype?

What do you guys think?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CherrySwirl
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:49 pm

I'm alright with that, but I hate Facebook and rarely use it, and it slows down my computer. Same with Skype, I just don't like it. I don't mind sharing my gmail though, but just know that I'm more likely to check this site first before gmail if you need an answer ASAP. ^.^"

GiggledustJedi
Member for 7 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:34 pm

It's Just so that I have another way to contact you in case someone goes MIA.

CherrySwirl
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:12 pm

I understand, and I'm still willing to share my gmail, via a PM, if you or anyone else wants it. :)

GiggledustJedi
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sephiroth89 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:07 pm

Hi, checking in! Also, yay to a fellow Pinkie fan :D

Sephiroth89
Member for 9 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:33 am

That would be great. ^^

CherrySwirl
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:24 am

Haha, yup I love Pinkie! :D

So, who else are we waiting for?

GiggledustJedi
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Rarikou who says that he's in the middle of moving so it might be a minute till he/she joins the conversation. Another one who just hasn't messaged me back since expressing his interest. And one other person who said he was going to take a look, but I was just going to move on tomorrow.

CherrySwirl
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Cool, sounds like we'll have a good sized crew, so are there any specific RP rules you'd like to tell us? Also, if there is a gender imbalance, I don't mind doubling, just thought I should say that in case it happens.

GiggledustJedi
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:02 am

I hope so. Well, anyway I made the syllabus so we can have an order of discussing things. Although it doesnt matter to me whether a character is a boy or girl. if you want to have two characters, that' fine. If you don't, thats fine too.

CherrySwirl
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:59 am

Okey dokey, well do you prefer that we wait for the others to show up or may we start brainstorming now?

GiggledustJedi
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:08 am

Here's the Plot I had In mind.

The Roleplay is about a bunch of top tier players who have hit the level cap for the game. Now, the game has come out with a new expansion with a whole new continent to explore, with higher level monsters, tougher dungeons, new skills to learn, towns to live in, treasures to find and legalized PK (Player Killing) in towns(Building interiors are considered safe havens) The new area is so difficult that it is impossible to solo. So, to be able to challenge the new area these players decide to band together and create a guild to challenge the new area.

II'm thinking a lot of conflict can come from it being alot of these players first time not being able to dungeon on their own in a long time and learning how to be apart of a team again.

Some conflict can come from the legal PKing. Maybe some players like to partake in some meaningless player killing, while other players have an issue with that. Creates tension.

Romance is cool too. I encourage it. I pray for it, but all of it should always end in tragedy.lol

I had another idea that some us could make secondary characters that would be members of a rival guild.

Any thoughts, feeling, ideas? Feel free to chop apart my idea and throw some of your ideas in there. Or present a completely different idea.

CherrySwirl
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:02 pm

I like it so far, especially the idea of making rival guild characters!

EDIT:

Is the new continent available to anyone regardless of their level?

Would they need to buy the expansion pack, or is it free to download?

What if the company that made the game decided to introduce some Fantastic Racism into the expansion pack? Like say, you have a human character and an elven merchant marks up all item prices by 200% or your character is welcomed into some place because they're <insert race here.> You'd have to rely on your wit, or some sort of alliance, in order to get around some of the prejudice. I'm not quite sure about it, but I think it'd make for an interesting twist.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... sticRacism

GiggledustJedi
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:58 am

1. I just gave you my E-mail and hope that will fit as mode of communication.
2. I don't mind the idea of a new add-on, but how about this. After a long a arduous questline, characters can killed in order to be reborn as lvl 1s of transcendent or super-classes. I'm not talking about demi-godhood, but rather... well how should I put it...
A swordsman could be capable of using two swords instead of one *wink* *wink* or maybe a magician is reborn as a summoner (slower casting times, but amazing firepower). That would be one way of experiencing the lovely 1-20 time that we all love in every MMORPG.
When the new add-on comes in, we're the leaders of the biggest compan...ahem... Guilds in the Megaserver (there'd only be one server, a thing most people tend to ignore in MMORPG based tales) that get to play these new classes first.

The questline to get them would have to be like extremely expensive and hard. Maybe even number-limited at first as to create an aura of mysticism among those playing those classes.

The characters would have to go through all the vanilla content before being able to finally reach the post-endgame content. All this, while discovering their new found powers.

Another thing I would really like to try would be that the characters, if not also the players, get erased once they get killed in a fight by another player. The reason to attack one of us could be just to get a chance to use one of our premium classes so to say^^.

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:29 am

You know I thought about just that. When I played Mabinogi, Giants and Elves were enemies, so if a Giant walked into an elf town he was slaughtered-vice versa. Even the gamers got into it. I was an elf and since elves homeland was a huge desert, some gamers playing as Giants would call me "Desert Crawler" in town which was a very derogatory term to us elves. The result would be a mass PvP in town. Elves vs Giants.

I'm for it as long as no one is against it.

Also another one of our RPers asked a good question. The one plot device every MMO game story faces at some point:

Will the players be trapped in the game?

Or Will the players be so into the game that they treat it as if its their reality and when they log off and go back to ther daily lives they just say they're going to sleep?

What do you guys think? What do you guys wanna do?

CherrySwirl
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:01 am

Well, I've never done a "player gets trapped in game," from what you wrote I'm thinking it's like the plot from .hack//SIGN where one of the main character's soul (I think that was it.) gets trapped in her male avatar and other players help her get out. It could be an interesting point of character development, and waxing philosophy too! XD

Premium classes sound real interesting, particularly the idea of needing to protect them until they get to a certain level that they'll be able to deal with getting damaged like before their new class.

GiggledustJedi
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:31 am

Yeah, that's all pretty much what I had in mind. lol

It's up to you guys if you want to go ahead with that idea.

CherrySwirl
Member for 9 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby GiggledustJedi on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Well you know I'm for it, and you haven't answered my previous questions. ^^"

GiggledustJedi
Member for 7 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Carlos_Joaquin on Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:37 pm

I read your questions and maybe I can propose an image of the plot. Just because I have a few minutes before Warhammer 40k finishes it's download :)

Let's see:

The Game, Company of Heroes, was released a year and a half before the beginning of the game. Being the first Triple A Game made for a new Brain implant capable of working as a dream computer and gaming console. Mixing brain stimulation, implant calculations and a wireless connection to the internet. Players have been enjoying the world of COH from almost anywhere and anytime. Unlike other MMORPG's this one divides the population in three castes: Crafters (aka. social gamers), Politicians and larger merchants (aka. strategy gamers) and Fighters (aka. classic MMORPG gamers). The division was highly critizised at the beginning of the game, but after a short period it proved to be a very efficient system. Politicians made sure that fighters always had something to do, Fighters always made sure merchants had someone to sell to and merchants had the money needed for politicians to be able to do practically anything.

The balance of the three powers worked, but only thanks to it's glue, the guilds. No matter which caste or class you were a member from, in order to survive and thrive in this world, you needed a guild. Other players with different abilities than yours capable of offering services, safety or the necessary information.

Then, at the eve of the first COH expansion, a new mysterious questline appeared in which whole guilds were asked to fight great dangers for an even greater prize, the chance of recieving a custom-made class according to a psyche eval and past playing style.

That might sound boring for some of the more casual players, but the largest guilds immediately sent their best men to fulfill those quests and they did.

Now this is where our characters come from. Once the game expansion finally get's released, every single COH user is immediately locked inside of the game. Those who weren't online, enter a coma state wherever they are, lost inbetween game and reality. Those who were online are now officially asked to do one thing and only one thing.

"Beat the new expansion content."
Soon, however, they discover that the new content is both dozens of times harder than anything seen before in a MMORPG, but also that every injury and death is bound to a new horrifying punishment, pain. Every time a player get's killed or recieves any kind of injury, real life pain torments the mind of him.

It doesn't take long until the first players suffer a mental breakdown and become more and more animalistic.

While all this happens, our players have just started using their new strange classes. As an extra prize, they've been given some interesting information.
1. If one of us get's killed ingame, we don't respawn, we die.
2. If a non-special character kills one of us, he gains our powers.
3. Ours are the only classes capable of surpassing the new content without being instantly eradicated.
4. Non-special players cannot stalk or use your ID to find your location.
5. Nobody but special players knows about all these informations.

Carlos_Joaquin
Member for 8 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!