Announcements: Universe of the Month! » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newbies » RPG Chat — the official app » USERNAME CHANGES » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Presuppositionalism » Aphantasia » Skill Trees - Good, Bad & Ugly » In-Game Gods & Gameplay Impact » Cunningham's Law » The Tribalism of Religion » Lost Library » Game Theory » The Hidden Void » Removing CS From an Indy Universe : Solution » On the Matter of New Players and Orphaned Plays » STOP BLAMING US FOR RPG BEING SLOW! » Polytheism » The Game of Life » Just War » Science and Philosophy » The Bible as Literature » Humans in the MV. Questions and thoughts. » Surviving the post-holiday apocalypse. » SL: 1097 Bestiary of Monsters »

Players Wanted: Looking for roleplayers » A Fairytale World in Need of Heroes & Villains! » Are You a Crime Addict? » Wuxia RP » Looking for roleplayers » New Realistic Roleplay - Small World Life ٩( ´・ш・)و » Mentors Wanted » MV Recruiting Drive: sci-fi players wanted! » Veilbrand: The Revolution » Gonna do this anyway. » Looking for Kamen Rider Players » Elysium » Looking for roleplayers for a dystopian past! » Revamping Fantasy Adventure RPG, need new players » Here, At the End of the World (supernatural mystery drama) » Seeking Role Players for a TOG Based RP » so I made a Stranger Things RP idk why not come join » LFP - New Roleplay » Gifted/Mutant individuals escaping the gov » Spaceship Zero! A retro horror sci fi RP with rayguns :D »

End Saga

End of the World: OverView

a part of “End Saga”, a fictional universe by CherrySwirl.

During the beta testing of the mmorpg, End of the World Saga widely known as End Saga, very strange incidents are occurring. Begin your journey on the Dark continent of Xanthe and get to the bottom of this mystery.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “End Saga”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] End of the World: OverView

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:10 pm

In Game:
Origin of Xanthe
Before time began there was only the Sea of Chaos, a never ending sea of discord and pandemonium, the origin of all beings. The great goddess, Amnelis of Light, saw this chaos and sought out to create a paradise that would become a utopia of peace and beauty. She reached down into the seas and plucked a chunk of land which she blessed with fresh lakes, mountains, lush forest and fertile lands. To inhabit this utopia, she fashioned a race of Titans to care for the land and live peacefully there. Though the sinister forces Amnelis tried so hard to separate them from, snaked onto the land infecting the Titans with seeds of hatred and detestation. The Titans turned on Amnelis. They sought to destroy her and obtain her power for their own. They began to take on feral and monstrous forms. Seeing this saddened the goddess. She forced the Titans into a deep slumber, burying them under ground.

She failed in the creation of one race and planned to correct her mistakes in the creation of the new one, the Eitans. The Eitans were a balanced race, not completely good, not completely evil. They found meaning in their lives and revered the mother of their creation. Satisfied, but exhausted from all her efforts, Amnelis set out to protect the Eitans from the same corruption that had befallen the Titans. She forged Artifacts of Crystal from her body to purify the sinister energy that would try to change the Eitans. After that she summoned a higher race of fallen celestial beings(Demoted Angels) to defend against the invasion of any outer evil forces. With all the preparations set Amnelis fell into a state of divine hibernation.

While she slept the Eitan civilization expanded and separated into four different nations. They warred with each other over control of the Artifacts of Crystal, which were discovered to posses incredible powers. While they warred Shabranigdo, son of Amnelis, devil god of Death and Damnation, slithered onto the Dark continent and sought to take control of it. Lacking the massive power of his mother he resurrected the Titans, who refer to themselves as the Abyssal Titans, to fight by his side and reclaim the Dark Continent from the humans and their protectors.

War of the Monsters Fall
At 5:45PM August 1st, a defect in Aridon's Fracture appeared. The defect grew to the size of a large black orb. An army of increasingly difficult Abyssal Titans sprang from them attacking all players as well as the normal monsters in those regions. The armies headed from the Fracture and attacked the capital city laying waste to both players and NPC's alike. Similar events were recorded occurring in each Nation(server) at the exact same time. Only in Zephyros the Archon guild's mobilized pushing the Abyssal Titans out of the capital city. During this battle a regional system shut down occurred. The game was reset. Though the incidents continued for three more days before ending unexpectedly.
Last edited by CherrySwirl on Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CherrySwirl
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] End of the World: OverView

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AxelZero93 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Last edited by AxelZero93 on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When life gives you lemons, Make apple juice.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

AxelZero93
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CherrySwirl on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:06 pm

Progression One:

All the new recruits gather at the Order of the Archon where they are greeted by the grand generals and the Lord Marshal. Some rivalries flare during the introduction, but the Lord marshal cuts them short so they can begin the Trial of Fire. He splits them into teams Arkus teleports them to their respective dungeons.

10/22/11

CherrySwirl
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cazuki on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:42 am

Progression 1: Yasho’s view

Sometimes I wonder why this game hasn’t got an age limit. Today, on invitation, I went to the meeting place of the Archon guilds, the area where all four of the major guilds in Zephyros convene. I was invited after winning, or close enough to that, in the 100 man melee event a short time ago.

When I first appeared I took no real notice of the others who had come their, staying near the wall of the area, when Darkstar, my rival and my charge, arrived I took notice and started walking forward to the crowd to listen to him and the other guild masters. As time and conversation went by I heard one brat in the crowd saying he would always be bored no matter what guild he ended up in and that the test the guild leaders were presenting to us was stupid and unnecessary.

That obviously angered me, our argument has been settled for now though due to us being in the same team for the test this peace will not last. But hear this Daimon Rex, you try and kill any innocent and I will rip your throat out and feed it to the Hell Generals!
For the ones lost in the great war of RP's!
Reality is what you make it... but reality can still be a pain in the ass!

Cazuki
Member for 10 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Thorait on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:48 am

Log of activities so far:
By Mercurio

The proper invitation has been send to me and taken with the selection out of the way a analyses can be done and the current results aren't what you would expect from a group of coder's such as me. It seems the lord Marshal had been seduced by his position and the Grand general has been ordering me to have more respect wile both of them are clearly not repaying the favor if I might say this but the current system does seem to work with a good choice of dungeon wile I'm also forced to tell of a lacking system to control the selection of the hunderd melee contest ending in a percentage of unstable or clearly hostile selections.
This is my report until the next time of need.

Thorait
Member for 11 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Macabre Legion on Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Progression: The View from Daimon Rex

So many people do not know the extent of how much fun I will have here as A Player Killer. They call me a brat, a kid when I am voicing my opinions about the "tests" we must endure. Then there is the General and silly Marshal. Both clearly do not care for me, but it doesn't bother me. The notes those writers want will be given to them shortly, and I will have earned some more money to fill my already bulging pockets. What did that Marshal tell me? "No PKing allowed?" Then why bother creating the Sanguine or conducting Nation Raids? Those require you to PK, do they not? If not, then why bother doing the raids, or protecting newbies in the starter zones? Clearly he has contradicted himself.

What has me more than willing to stick around, is Yasho. I find him to be an odd one, and will enjoy drinking his blood, but alas, we are stuck together in the endeavor. Yasho, Yasho, it will be most enjoyable to see what'll happen when I make your character attract all the mobs with my spell of Blood Fury, and let us see how "innocent" these people really will be, after they've seen what I become through my ultimate sacrifice.

Macabre Legion
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Brantley92 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Progression: Ianeon

I start up End Saga in anticipation of knowing I'll be in one other the Archon Guilds. I mostly stay back from the crowd while only observing what others had to say, and I'm ready to get this thing started. Eventually the Guild leaders divide up the teams and we are ready to go. I'm put on Arkus's team with a few others who have familiar faces. I always try to remember faces and names just in case I run into them in the game. We are sent to the Testing Grounds and I'm eager to get started.
I have no beginning, I have no end...
So you're a circle?!

Brantley92
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ark Reahver on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Alva: A recollection of events

After arriving at the Order of the Archon, Alva was invited to join the powerful Archon guilds, but he had to prove himself first. The player's were divided into teams, each going into their own dungeon. Alva was chosen to go into the the Testing Grounds. As well as a few of his friends though most were unfamiliar. Soon after arriving they began the test. His team began making little progress, to which Arkus responded with a massive spell that destroyed anything in it's path.

Hard pressed for time the group began searching for their objective, they needed to find a sacred stone that they would then need to place on an altar. Zero a newly met companion and Maria, charged ahead hoping to make up for lost time. Zero eventually found the stone, when all the aggro in the Testing Grounds suddenly fell on him. The team defended Zero who had become surrounded. Alva took a wild gamble and suggested he act a s a decoy to draw away the mob's attention, so the team could make their way to the altar.

After Reaching a far enough away distance and having pulled away the attention of many of the constructs, Alva is now heading back towards the altar to reunite himself with his companions. There they will place the stone in it's rightful place and begin the final phase of the dungeon. Holding off the attacking constructs until the ritual is complete.

Ark Reahver
Member for 11 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

Become a Patron!

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!