Epic Conversation(s)

a topic in Flame Wars, a part of the RPG forum.

PLEASE keep ANY quarrel to these forums. This is not an ammo dump, either. Please TRY to resolve your issues PEACEFULLY.

Epic Conversation(s)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roy Ganamede on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:05 pm

EPIC CONVERSATION 1:

loydna (4:21:51 PM): Jojo
GoukaMizetto (4:22:05 PM): Yoyo!
loydna (4:22:55 PM): Anyway
loydna (4:22:56 PM): rgi-placement-applications-t5338.html
loydna (4:29:59 PM): M.E.L.F.!
GoukaMizetto (4:31:11 PM): Yes?
loydna (4:31:22 PM): <.<; Jus saying hi
loydna (4:31:41 PM): So last night my math failed
loydna (4:32:27 PM): Apparrently the connection between Saladin and Yousuf wasn't strong enough--even though he said that Saladin is Yousuf.
loydna (4:43:27 PM): Yeah, how stupid is that
loydna (4:43:49 PM): Because, he told me that Saladin is Salahoudinn or something and his original name was Yousuf
loydna (4:44:02 PM): SOOOO I said I would call im Yousuf since Saladin IS yousuf.
loydna (4:44:05 PM): And he got all pissed off.
loydna (4:44:14 PM): So I started calling him Lo Rd. Salad Inn.
GoukaMizetto (4:44:20 PM): Lmao...
loydna (4:44:30 PM): I hate pompous people
GoukaMizetto (4:44:51 PM): I love Saladin dearly. He is a close friend.
loydna (4:45:01 PM): He's too pompous for me
loydna (4:45:52 PM): i mean, I guess i can see why people like him.
loydna (4:45:58 PM): You know--who doesn't like Salad
GoukaMizetto (4:46:06 PM): And he doesn't like most people.
loydna (4:46:11 PM): I mean, shit, I love leaves more than most people
loydna (4:46:15 PM): I love Salads
GoukaMizetto (4:46:17 PM): Lmao
loydna (4:46:18 PM): But not a pompous salad
loydna (4:46:22 PM): Not one that says
loydna (4:46:28 PM): "HEY MOTHER FUCKER, EAT ME. I'M THE BEST SALAD"
loydna (4:46:30 PM): I just say
loydna (4:46:32 PM): FUCK YOU SALAD
loydna (4:46:38 PM): And I throw the salad in the garbage
loydna (4:46:42 PM): Fuckin' Salad
GoukaMizetto (4:46:46 PM): Lmfao
loydna (4:46:54 PM): I've actually heard a Salad talk once
GoukaMizetto (4:47:09 PM): Really?
loydna (4:47:20 PM): "HEY."
"...?" -looks around-
"Down here."
"Oh, hi, Salad."
"........My name is Guru."
"GURU!"
loydna (4:47:32 PM): "Yes. Why do you think Salads are good for you, we make you smart. I am the Guru Salad."
loydna (4:47:37 PM): OH SHIT! Man, I was tripping so much
loydna (4:47:46 PM): "Holy crap! Teach me your ways!"
loydna (4:47:59 PM): So he did, he taught me how to be processed, and how to take white creamy sauce
loydna (4:48:04 PM): I could have done without that lesson
loydna (4:48:08 PM): But it was part of the process
GoukaMizetto (4:48:09 PM): o_o
loydna (4:48:21 PM): Then he told me about how to put carrots in
loydna (4:48:22 PM): Again
loydna (4:48:26 PM): could have done without that part
loydna (4:48:27 PM): but
loydna (4:48:32 PM): -nods- Part of the process
loydna (4:48:50 PM): So, after I learned about inserting carrots, taking white sauce, and cherries. I learned the meaning of life
loydna (4:48:55 PM): Want to hear it?
GoukaMizetto (4:49:27 PM): Sure.
loydna (4:49:44 PM): GETTING FUCKED IN THE ASS WITH A PENIS SHAPED LIKE A CARROT FEELS LIKE LOSING YOUR VIRGINITY, AND IT FUCKING SUCKS!
GoukaMizetto (4:50:08 PM): o_o...
loydna (4:50:15 PM): So. That's what a Salad told me once.
loydna (4:50:26 PM): I learned the meaning of life. Had some........gay moments
loydna (4:50:33 PM): The Salad then told me to fuck off.
loydna (4:50:39 PM): So I threw it in the disposal and turned it on
loydna (4:50:49 PM): That's what the wise-ass salad gets
GoukaMizetto (4:50:54 PM): Hahaha
loydna (4:51:07 PM): And do you believe me when I say I made that story up off the top of my head?
loydna (4:51:23 PM): And still managed to come up with something creative, and something sexual from it
loydna (4:51:25 PM): You know
loydna (4:51:28 PM): cherry = woman's hymen
loydna (4:51:31 PM): Carrot = penis
loydna (4:51:35 PM): White sauce = semen
GoukaMizetto (4:52:06 PM): Wow, you really made that up?
loydna (4:52:10 PM): Just now
GoukaMizetto (4:52:22 PM): Wow. I'd never have guessed.
loydna (4:52:34 PM): Sarcasm gets you nowhere
loydna (4:52:37 PM): except into my pants
GoukaMizetto (4:52:38 PM): Hehe
loydna (4:52:39 PM): GET OVER HERE
loydna (4:52:49 PM): Well, that's a good line
loydna (4:53:01 PM): "SARCASM GETS YOU NOWHERE."
"EXCEPT MY PANTS"
"THAT'S SOMEWHERE!"
loydna (4:53:45 PM): Anyway
GoukaMizetto (4:53:50 PM): Haha
loydna (4:53:51 PM): This conversation should go on RPG
GoukaMizetto (4:53:58 PM): AYe, it should.
loydna (4:54:02 PM): -finds a topic-
GoukaMizetto (4:54:03 PM): It's so epic.
loydna (4:54:05 PM): It is
loydna (4:54:18 PM): Main Lobby
GoukaMizetto (4:54:18 PM): Can I hire you to kill someone?
loydna (4:54:29 PM): Your virginity?
GoukaMizetto (4:54:29 PM): Kill the people across the sidewalk.
loydna (4:54:30 PM): Sure.
GoukaMizetto (4:54:34 PM): Lmfao
loydna (4:54:36 PM): Oh, not so much fun
loydna (4:54:39 PM): about as much blood though
loydna (4:54:41 PM): I'll take it
GoukaMizetto (4:54:46 PM): >_<
loydna (4:54:47 PM): NOW. Suit up into my ninja outfit
loydna (4:54:49 PM): -bunny suit-
loydna (4:54:53 PM): HELL YEAH!~
loydna (4:55:11 PM): KILLER BUNNY ON THE LOOSE, FUCK YOU PEOPLE ON THE SIDEWALK WHO AREN'T VIRGINS BUT MIGHT AS WELL BE BECAUSE YOU ALL SUCK AND ARE PISSING OFF A M.E.L.F.
loydna (4:55:15 PM): Which
loydna (4:55:17 PM): side note
loydna (4:55:21 PM): I'm a bunny
loydna (4:55:25 PM): You're a M.E.L.F.
loydna (4:55:32 PM): Anything else need to be said?
GoukaMizetto (4:55:36 PM): Nay.
loydna (4:55:39 PM): Okay
loydna (4:55:41 PM): NOW!
loydna (4:55:43 PM): Back to the main story
loydna (4:55:54 PM): Bunny killer goes to the sidewalk, and RAPES THEM TO DEATH!
loydna (4:55:55 PM): HAH!
loydna (4:56:07 PM): That's the best way a bunny kills, through complex multiplication
loydna (4:56:49 PM): Bunny! I choose you!
Bunnymon: -hops out-
Bunny! Use...multiplicity?
Bunnymon: -divides-
...sweet? Now...ummm, attack Charizard!
Bunnymon: -rapes Charizard-
OH COME ON NOW! THAT'S NOT EVEN KOSHER!
GoukaMizetto (4:57:14 PM): LMfao
loydna (4:58:03 PM): God damn horny people. Reminds me of those damn middle school kids who get knocked up, have abortions, then get knocked up again and wonder why the hell everyone thinks they're a god damn slut because they have sex only "once in a blue moon" and lo-and-behold blue moons arise EVERY GOD DAMN NIGHT!
loydna (4:58:20 PM): God I hate people
loydna (4:58:28 PM): Except you.
loydna (4:58:31 PM): You're not hated
loydna (4:58:43 PM): Just...not trusted. I don't trust anything that bleeds for seven days and doesn't die.
GoukaMizetto (4:59:23 PM): You're a strange character.
GoukaMizetto (4:59:26 PM): But I still luff yew.
loydna (4:59:33 PM): You know who else is strange?
GoukaMizetto (4:59:39 PM): Um...
GoukaMizetto (4:59:44 PM): Adrian Monk.
GoukaMizetto (4:59:57 PM): Or however you spell his name
loydna (5:00:04 PM): Jake Gyllinhal
loydna (5:00:09 PM): Cowboy Buttsex
GoukaMizetto (5:00:17 PM): Haha, that's true
GoukaMizetto (5:00:21 PM): I still haven't seen that movie.
loydna (5:00:44 PM): Me either
loydna (5:00:48 PM): It's probably epically gay
GoukaMizetto (5:00:54 PM): Probably.
loydna (5:01:00 PM): GAY! The new straight
loydna (5:01:03 PM): Sex turns straight people gay
GoukaMizetto (5:01:05 PM): I'M NOT GONE QUIT YOU
loydna (5:01:06 PM): and gay people retarded
GoukaMizetto (5:01:09 PM): GONNA*
loydna (5:01:14 PM): I'M NOT GONNA
loydna (5:01:16 PM): GONE*
GoukaMizetto (5:01:29 PM): That's the funniest quote ever
GoukaMizetto (5:01:34 PM): Especially hearing it.
GoukaMizetto (5:01:38 PM): You can't read it and laugh
loydna (5:01:39 PM): Next to "M.E.L.F."
GoukaMizetto (5:01:40 PM): You have to hear it.
loydna (5:01:52 PM): Yeah, you do.
loydna (5:02:00 PM): I'll be posting this on the interwebs
Favourite Model: RGM-79

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Roy Ganamede
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Epic Conversation(s)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Angel_Melfina on Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Lmfao...I'm pondering on editing out the inappropriate parts of this conversation as not to offend anyone...but otherwise, it is indeed an epic AIM conversation between two RAWKIN' people.

So thusly, I dub this the thread to post your epic MSN and AIM conversations in. Or, conversations from the chat!!
Today, Friday, October 10, 2009, is my last day on RolePlayGateway.com.
Everyone give me lots of love, because I shall be handing lots out. <3

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Angel_Melfina
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vexar on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:47 pm

-Waits for something epic to form of this one sided conversation.-

Vexar
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Person of Interest Beta Tester Tipworthy Streamwatcher Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:50 am

Yes Vexar, it is indeed a one sided conversation. Poor Dani.

So, for clarification... Roy Ganamede was asking about where my name 'Saladin' came from. So, I explained that the name is that of the man who led the Muslim armies during the Crusades, also elaborating on the fact that same man was also known as Salahuddin (Well, an alternative to Saladin) but was born with the name Yousuf.

Now, the conversation arose from the fact that if I had wanted to be referred to anything but Saladin, I would have chosen a a different username on here.

Of course though, some people lack the capacity for understanding that, although my username was inspired by that Muslim warrior, it is no indication of myself. It simply was inspiration for the name, kinda like...

"Hey, that's a cool name, I'mma use that as my online pseudonym."

So yeah... There isn't ACTUALLY a connection between Saladin, the online roleplayer from England who frequents this site, and the name Yousuf. (Well, apart from the fact I do have a character by that name >>)

But then, of course, some people cannot accept that a person wants to be called by a certain name.

I am used to seeing morons on the internet though, so Roy Ganamede is just another of those as far as I am concerned.

Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roy Ganamede on Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:07 pm

-sniff, sniff- I smell pomposity in the air. And it's annoying, smells like what I'm hearing.

Saladin = Salahuddin = Yusuf.

Bob = Rob = Robert.

Joe = Joseph.

You can take it how you want, but the fact is, Saladin is Yusuf which does mean that in the end me saying Yusuf is Saladin. That is all the connection I made, and it does make sense. It arose from someone saying "Saladin-sama" and his rebuttal to that, so on and so forth, so then I said I didn't feel comfortable calling him a name "Saladin" that I didn't know what it meant. If someone chose the name "God" I wouldn't call them "God" I just asked where the name came from, he said "It came from Salahuddin who was born with the name Yusuf. So, what connection could you make? People called him "terrorist" and my Yusuf nickname managed to stir up the breath more than that <.<; I find it rather epic in and of itself. But, this was not about where the name came from--nor was there anything in the conversation that was misleading, since--in face--Yusuf IS Saladin, there was no problems what-so-ever. Understandable you wanna be called Saladin--but many times people feel closer with others by having nicknames. "Grenade man" for me, "Roy," "Sal" or "Salad" for your name. In many cultures it is understandable as to why a name is important, because it may "define" who you are--but it doesn't ever say anything about a Surname. Now, if your name WAS Saladin--in real life, I would have no problem defending your original name as Saladin--and calling you that. However, until I get documentation, the surname can be interpreted as such. Saladin is the English translated version of Salah al-Din. He was born Yusuf Salah ad-Din and if I'm not mistaken he was the Sultan of two middle-eastern countries.

So, therefore the proper name to address Saladin should be as the Sultan, a surname. That's mine <.<; if this goes into the debate/flame forum, I'll be annoyed.

Oh, PS:

Why did you call her Dani? I understand it's her name. And of course, she doesn't really care. But that contradicts what you said.
Lord Saladin wrote:Now, the conversation arose from the fact that if I had wanted to be referred to anything but Saladin, I would have chosen a a different username on here.

If she wanted to be referred to as Dani, her name would be Dani. Specific rules do not apply just to you. So, there is a flaw in your argument. Sorry, mister.

Roy Ganamede
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord Saladin on Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:15 pm

When someone says that they are cool with having their real named used in public, then there is no issue. If they don't, then their chosen pseudonym (That being their username in most cases) should be used.

And, this is how the connection between Saladin and Yousuf is:

Saladin, Muslim warlord during the Crusades = Salahuddin = Yousuf

Saladin, RPGateway member = Saladin = Saladin, which, coincidentally = Saladin

Do you yet grasp this VERY simple concept? Whilst I may have chosen the name Saladin as a pseudonym, for no reason, as previously stated, than the fact I like the name, I don't have ANY connection with the Muslim warrior, nor do I share his surname. Or anything else.

What I think you need to do, kiddo, is take a step back for a moment, and realise that there is nothing AT ALL making a connection between ME, as a player, and the man who was called Saladin.

Whilst I do have a character called Saladin Akara, well more specifically, Simtar Saladin Akara... Simtar being his title, and Akara being the family name, and I do have a completely different character called Yousuf... That is all irrelevant to what I want to be referred to outside of RPs on the internet.

Really, though, your 'argument' is null and void, due to the fact that there is no connection. Beyond what is written in history about a man who had been dead for centuries.

And sorry, kid, but we aint in history class now.

It would be like saying... "Oh your name is John. There was once a dude called John Hammond who changed his name, by deed poll, to Margerita Kaslikov. Therefore, John, I am going to now call you Kaslikov."

In short - Discussion Terminated.

Lord Saladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Actually, this argument was null anyway. If you refuse to call a user by their preferred name, why, by golly, you don't have to talk to them. Simple, isn't it?

Yeah, I thought so, too.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 14 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!