Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Era of the Dragon: Saturn's Egg

Era of the Dragon: Saturn's Egg

a part of “Era of the Dragon: Saturn's Egg”, a fictional universe by Arekk.

When the mightiest dragon falls, leaving behind only an egg, the world begins a hunt for the next power hungry beast: Saturn

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Era of the Dragon: Saturn's Egg”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Era of the Dragon: Saturn's Egg

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arekk on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:17 pm

This is the auto-generated OOC topic for the roleplay "Era of the Dragon: Saturn's Egg"

You may edit this first post as you see fit.
"What fool put carpet on the wall?!"
-Monsieur Rimbaud: History of The World: Pt. 1

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arekk
Member for 13 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Era of the Dragon: Saturn's Egg

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Belynta on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 pm

May I reserve a Dragon Rider - I am creating a character sheet now.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Belynta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arekk on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:37 pm

Sure thing

Arekk
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:09 pm

I wonder how you are going to manage this. Assuming that dragon egg could be anywhere on the entire planet/world, the locations where people could start and role play in are endless. Something that would be of great use is a world map Nothing too fancy, a few towns, landscapes and other areas where people could play in would be nice. Could be me, but I'd like a few guide-lines whenever I am going to post.

That said, what about magic? Any limitations to that? Can we just cast magic out of nowhere, or do we need to use a chant in order to cast magic? Does magic drain any stamina? Or perhaps even health? Can we summon gigantic tidal waves? Or is it just limited to bolts, enchantments? I mean, magic is great and all, but without any specifications on what kind of magic you can use, it is going to be quite a chaotic world.

Last, and final question. What are the 'Turned Ones'? Maybe I missed it, or just didn't pay much attention to it. But from what I could read, it isn't explained anywhere on what they are. I imagine half-dragon, half-human(?). You never know.

*cough*

So much for my barrage of questions. I'd be willing to make a Hunter for this. It feels like a good time to try and play a bad guy-ish character.

I'll be around,

Archlkan
"You're not done when there's nothing more to add. You're done until there's nothing more to take away."

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arekk on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:28 pm

Huh, I guess I never specified who or what the Turned Ones are. They're just Dragons who want to kill off the entire human race. There's nothing special about them, like half human or anything like that.
Now that I look over the Intro again, I realize that there are in fact a few things I left out. I thought I'd gotten it all down, but my brain comes and goes as it pleases.
Anyways, the egg's location is going to constantly move from place to place, owner to owner, until it hatches. Everyone will know where it is at certain points because of its origin. Meaning, it'll give off a ridiculosly bright light that is hard to hide due to the fact that it's from outer space.
As for the magic. It's just your basic spells. I didn't specify it because I didn't see the point. Casting, spellbooks, chants, summonings, it's all relevent. But of course each individual has their own limits.
You can't use a powerful spell and expect to walk away with no side effects. Using one of your examples, for instance, a character couldn't summon a tidal wave without draining his/her stamina or even falling unconscious. The world is already in a state of chaos, something I hinted at in the Introduction: "Now, as Saturn crashes into Dergon, they can only sit back and hope the world isn't thrown into an apocalypse.."
Sounds a bit chaotic to me. But I do like the town map idea. Maybe I will draw one up. Nothing too fancy, just your standard map. I'll see what I can do.

Arekk
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:02 pm

@Arekk:

Okay, that explains a lot. Ye, I didn't know if I read over it, or it just wasn't explained. Turns out to be the latter... But, I didn't come here to scold you for not explaining things, lol.

Thanks for explaining magic a tad, not that it makes things easier for me. Well, it does. At least I know my limitations and such. I was actually asking, 'cause I wanted my character to work with enchanting his weapon. (Which you will see whenever my sheet is done.) Though I did not know if that was either possible, draining or... just flat out random. *Casts Apocalypse* *Walks away unscathed* Heh, naah. I suppose that would be the death of my character if he ever did that. But I'm rambling...

As for the map, please do. It will not only help me, but I think it'll benefit you as well. It is just another one of those things that helps you keep track of where you are, and whether travelling to a specific area can be done quickly, or needs time. (Travelling distances.) And of course, gives people an idea of where they can set their character.

Okay, I'll stop breaking down your RP now.

Got a character sheet to work on...

EDIT: Izach is up. didn't bother with history for now, for I don't see how I could make one at the moment. (Aside from it being short and crappy if I write one.)

Byte
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy Salesman Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drogyn on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:28 am

I've had this character made for a really long time now, and figured that for my debut into the world of roleplaying, I should break him out and see how many people he can piss off. So it says that a rider proficient in both magic and weaponry can only do so with consequences, well this guy is very capable in both. He could even be considered an expert in both, but his magic has serious drawbacks. First of all, everything he does costs something (think equivalent exchange from FullMetal Alchemist, even though I had this character before I saw the show).

If he, for example, throws a bolt of lightning, it'll tire him out. But his powers do more than that, for example, he could put out a huge fire, but doing so would probably leave him coughing up blood and maybe even passing out if it was too extreme. Healing someone requires that the injuries go someplace else. He doesn't have to be the one to take the consequences though, so if someone wanted him to heal a person they know, they could be the ones to take the person's injuries instead of this guy. Or he can temporarily boost his physical abilities, but it damages his body as well as quickly wears him out. Think Taijutsu from Naruto, or the Kaio-Ken from DBZ. Honestly, I've put this guy through so many situations in my head that I could probably go on and on, but I'm starting to ramble so I won't.

Also, I have to agree that a map would be REALLY useful. Even if it's just some random map that 45 and a half other stories also use.
Lloyd Irving:Just because the logic is sound, it doesn't mean it's right.
Death is not punishment. Punishment is living with one's crime and working to atone for it.-Regal Bryant
"It's meaningless to just live, it's meaningless to just fight. I want to win!"-Ichigo Kurosaki
DATTEBAYO!!!!-Naruto Uzumaki

Drogyn
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:53 am

Drogyn wrote:First of all, everything he does costs something.

I can already see this going towards; *walks 1 mile* *Fatigue -5, Health -2* lol. Just joking. I think I know what you mean with the equivalent exchange thing.

[~-----~]

Really, your character sounds less GodMod then I thought at first glance. (Just my; 'Assume everything is shit, until it can prove itself otherwise.' Approach.) Though, it depends on how you describe him (Assuming it's a guy.) character sheet-wise. Would be lying if I said I wasn't curious about your character. I suppose I could just say; go ahead and make that character.

I don't think the GM would mind.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drogyn on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:03 am

He's not supposed to be that God-like, he's just supposed to be strong. Strength acquired through a lot of time and effort though. And he's got his share of mental weaknesses so I wouldn't worry that much about him being too God-like. I hope I can get him down on the character sheet well enough, but I've never been good with using words to express my thoughts very well.

Also, I was considering a backstory for him and his dragon, but I wasn't sure if that would conflict with any history already established. So is there any definite history for this world yet?

Drogyn
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arekk on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:40 pm

No, I see no problems with Drogyn's character. I like the fact that there are those who like to "bend" the rules a bit xD Just don't get too Goddy in your posts and I'll be fine. As for a town map, I'm finishing it up and should have it posted by tonight or tomorrow. It's nothing detailed, just a basic little map I'm making in Paint. But the RP won't be starting until sometime next week, as this is the weekend of Christmas and I would like to spend it with family. So, until then, everyone have a Merry Christmas. :D

Arekk
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drogyn on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:14 am

grooooooaaaaaaaannnnnnnn...started this character sheet at 11:00 pm, know what time it is? 3 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING! I don't even wanna whine like I was going to, I'm just gonna go to bed instead.

Drogyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikiros on Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:23 pm

Alrighty. So, I was cruising about, looking for a new RP to join, when I stumbled across this one. I read through most of the introduction(and probably will read it again completely when not so tired), and I'm gonna let you know I'm interested. However, I'm wanting to play a dragon either gone rogue, lost his/her human, or just generic member of the species. i realize it says to PM you, but I feel that might be a bit more awkward than just typing this huge paragraph that's been posted, so...

Anyways. The reason why I would like to play a dragon, rather than a human is because I have experience doing so. I have several 'true dragon' characters that I use frequently in the Multiverse, and I'd like to carry those skills on to another roleplay and expand them, if possible. Not to mention, this might help create new ideas for me for a plotline I've had going for quite some time. not to mention I always enjoy the thrill of a new RP.

So, there you go. If you need me, I'm available via PM(I only check the site like...every day or so) and I gotta say I'd like to be a part of this.

-Iki

P.S. if you'd rather me not play a dragon, that's completely cool too. Just figured I'd drop for that first, and if unavailable, got to something else.

Ikiros
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Group Theory Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arekk on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:42 pm

Absolutely :D I thought I'd get a handful of people wanting to play as a dragon, but you're the first. Send in your Character sheet whenever you can

Arekk
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikiros on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Will do.

Ikiros
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Person of Interest Lifegiver Group Theory Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:05 am

So, just for clarifications. When are we going to start?

@Ikiros:
Stalked Observed your character sheet. So, Ori wants to destroy the egg as well, huh? He and Izach could be friends! lol.

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikiros on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:16 pm

@Archlkan:
There's a chance of it, but it might take just a bit. n.n

Ikiros
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arekk on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:15 pm

I'd like to start either tomorrow evening or Saturday. (Busy until then) I found a program that will allow me to make a much better map then I ever could in paint, and should have it up in a few hours or so.

Arekk
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikiros on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:40 pm

@Arekk: Very awesome. Might I ask what the program is, btw? And I would think Friday evening, but that's just me.

Ikiros
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Byte on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:21 am

@Arekk:
Cool beans! And when the map is finished, I'll probably write a History for Izach. Because he really needs an awesome history. :\

@Ikiros:
I believe it'll take a whole bit. I mean, Izach is a Hunter. And Ori is a Dragon. Fighting first, Friendship later. If one of them ain't dead by then. (xD)

Byte
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ikiros on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:07 pm

@Arch:
Well, yes. I mean, It'll either be that, or Ori will be opposed to Izach at every turn, and might go out of his way to make things harder for the hunter.

Ikiros
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!