Announcements: Introducing INK, the Writer's Currency » RPG's New Design Team » Now Open: RPG Staff Applications » 10 Years of RPG: Share Your Story » Can't Send PMs? Need Your 10-Forum Posts NOW? » A (Friendly) Reminder to All Romance RPers. » The Newbie's Guide to RolePlayGateway: Read This First! »

Errors

a topic in Main Lobby, a part of the RPG forum.

If you have something you want to present to the entire community, post it here.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:31 pm

Ugh, inventory is going to bit a bit more of a problem than it should be.

For now, click "Shop" and go to the bottom, there it is.
Ludwig von Mises, The Theory of Money and Credit wrote:Perpetual vigilance on the part of the citizens can achieve what a thousand laws and dozens of alphabetical bureaus with hordes of employees never have and never will achieve: the preservation of a sound currency.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zhelir Darkfall on Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:52 pm

In the way of this profile thing, I had the same thing happen, in that it took me to Miyumi's. And when Belle attempted, it took her to Ralph S. Patton's.
STAVE: Commala-come-ki,
There's a time to live and one to die.
With your back against the final wall
Ya gotta let the bullets fly.

RESPONSE: Commala-come-ki!
Let the bullets fly!
Don't 'ee mourn for me, my lads
When it comes my day to die.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Zhelir Darkfall
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:04 pm

Same thing is happening with Album and Karma in a topic: It takes you to the last poster's.

I think it's going to be an easier problem to fix, rather than three individual ones.

Can anyone confirm the pattern?

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years
Contributor Progenitor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Builder Greeter Beta Tester Arc Warden Party Starter Codeweaver Group Theory Person of Interest Streamwatcher Helmsman Recruiter Maiden Voyager Tipworthy Salesman Property Buyer Visual Appeal Concierge Cult Leader

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:57 pm

No, I can't find any specific pattern, but I found something else *Not really an error again* I made a little faction (Go me) And I uploaded the wrong pic, and put the wrong information. Any way you can make it so the leaders can edit the clan page?

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:13 pm

Oh wait then, nevermind, found it..>_>;; Unless you just put that there? Ok, I'm getting ahead of myself.

Very few errors...But i'm looking }=)

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FutureKiyoshi on Sun May 28, 2006 6:26 pm

For some reason when I try to reply to a PM to Goth-3 it kept saying "Invalid Session".

FutureKiyoshi
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Sun May 28, 2006 10:03 pm

Clear your cookies?

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby digit_masperia on Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:31 pm

Grrr....still doing the last poster thing *see other posts* Keeps takign em to Goth-3 gundams. It seems it takes you to whoever else is online.

digit_masperia
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:27 pm

I think the colors are still a bit messed up for people being assigned to a certain group. For example, digit_masperia appears to be an admin on the main forum index, but a normal in here. I appear to be an admin on the "online users" section at the bottom of the main forum index, but in the latest post column I'm shown as a moderator, and when I open a subforum in which I've made a post, I'm shown as a normal user, then when I open a particular thread I'm shown as an Admin again. I remember there was a bit of tweaking going on with it all earlier a couple months ago, any further progress to avoid confusion?
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:54 pm

That bug is still outstanding. I'm working on it, but I feel as though when we make the complete upgrade to phpBB3 that problem should be resolved.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:37 pm

Is the upgrade causing all the fatal errors? (See Admin note).

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 13 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:00 am

The error referred to is an outstanding bug from a modification quite some time ago. A workaround has been established, simply run stuff through me.

The phpBB3 upgrade is something I've been planning, figuring out how to do it with minimal downtime. It's going to provide a buttload of features that WORK rather than are busted, particularly the user control panel, friends list, enemies list, avatars, sigs... blah di blah.

I think I posted a Google Spreadsheet about the comparison so far, but the best way to look is to compare the phpBB3 feature list to the phpBB2 feature list, and then look at what GWing provides by modification to phpBB2. A lot of those things will be transferred over to the native phpBB3 version.

And making this run smoothly is going to be the challenge. A 7 day downtime, possibly even 14, is very possible and even likely. With fingers crossed and hoping all goes well, I could most likely knock it out in a day.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ryand-Smith on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:15 pm

eneral Error

Could Not Get Vehicle Data

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'GROUP BY g.id' at line 9

SELECT g.*, images.*, makes.make, models.model, CONCAT_WS(' ', g.made_year, makes.make, models.model) AS vehicle, count(mods.id) AS total_mods, ( SUM(mods.price) + SUM(mods.install_price) ) AS total_spent, user.username, user.user_avatar_type, user.user_allowavatar, user.user_avatar, user.user_id FROM phpbb_garage AS g LEFT JOIN phpbb_users AS user ON g.member_id = user.user_id LEFT JOIN phpbb_garage_makes AS makes ON g.make_id = makes.id LEFT JOIN phpbb_garage_models AS models ON g.model_id = models.id LEFT JOIN phpbb_garage_mods AS mods ON g.id = mods.garage_id LEFT JOIN phpbb_garage_images AS images ON images.attach_id = g.image_id WHERE g.id = GROUP BY g.id

Line : 3682
File : functions_garage.php

When trying to click on this link in the shoutbox I got this error

Ryand-Smith
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Remæus on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:46 pm

He provided a malformed link. I should write some sort of safe guard for that, however.

Remæus
Architect
Member for 13 years

Previous

Post a reply

RolePlayGateway is a site built by a couple roleplayers who wanted to give a little something back to the roleplay community. The site has no intention of earning any profit, and is paid for out of their own pockets.

If you appreciate what they do, feel free to donate your spare change to help feed them on the weekends. After selecting the amount you want to donate from the menu, you can continue by clicking on PayPal logo.